end.

figure it out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock showed there were a few minutes left before the class was supposed to end, but Heechul had already been waiting outside impatiently for a while. He stood right in front of the door, leaning on the wall, waiting for time to move faster because it’s been three days since he saw Leeteuk, and they ended their last conversation in a very confusing way. (Or at least it was confusing for Heechul.)

It was fortunate for the impatient man that the class seemed to have been dismissed early because the doors suddenly opened and students began walking out. Some recognized him and sent puzzled looks his way because they knew he was a popular student in the Fine Arts department of their college, and this was some advanced business management class. But there were a few who must have gotten used to seeing him always around one of the top students among the Business majors.

Heechul didn’t pay them any mind because the moment Leeteuk walked through the doors, all of his attention was on him. The business student was too busy reading something on his phone that he didn’t realize someone was waiting for him until Heechul grabbed his wrist and tugged him to a certain direction.

When they reached a small empty alley right outside the building, Heechul finally turned to face Leeteuk, who barely even complained about being dragged without a word purely because he got used to hanging around Heechul over the past few months.

“What?” Leeteuk asked, seemingly casual but Heechul could see the hint of apprehension in his eyes which reminded him of how Leeteuk was when they first met. Leeteuk had explained later on when they had gotten closer that he had heard of the art student’s popularity so he had been wary of being approached all of a sudden. Heechul had responded at that time by dramatically gasping and looking offended, saying that he was just trying to make friends.

“We need to talk,” Heechul said, trying to keep a calm tone that didn’t reveal just how anxious he was. “I want to talk about our last conversation.”

“What about it?” Leeteuk sighed. “Chul, I told you. I don’t think it’s a good idea to—”

“Why though?” Heechul asked, almost whining at how unfair he felt everything was. “I don’t understand—”

“Exactly.” The other only interrupted with a patient tone. “You don’t. Which makes all of this much more complicated.”

“I don’t understand why you being aroace makes everything more complicated. And I would like some clarification.” Heechul shook his head stubbornly at Leeteuk’s words. “I told you I liked you. I told you that I think I’m in love with you and that, if you gave me the chance, I would treat you like the most special, most beautiful, most wonderful person in the world because I think that’s what you are.”

Leeteuk fell silent and Heechul was struck by deja vu. The last time Heechul had said those words, Leeteuk had also gone quiet.

It wasn’t in Heechul’s plan in his final year of college to go confess his love for someone, much less fall in love. But he didn’t know he was going to meet Leeteuk, who was also in his last year. It was pretty much a miracle for them to even have met considering they should have been taking majors only and they were in different programs, but they both happened to need another elective, so they ended up in a basic Astronomy class that was mostly filled with freshmen students.

Being the oldest ones in the class, they had stuck together. It was much easier to deal with group work knowing that they both understood the pressure and demands of their senior year classes. They’ve become great friends as time passed by, but something felt different for Heechul when the class went on a field trip over the weekend. They chose to be partners for the entire trip and it was the best time Heechul has ever had. They talked about the most random things, shared secrets they’d never told anyone else, and comforted each other about the worries that they had. It was so beautiful and Heechul never wanted it to end.

He thought Leeteuk felt the same way, so he decided to confess his feelings. He was thinking of waiting until after graduation, then realized that they might end up on such different path

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter