The game of love (end)

The game of flirting

Tzuyu couldn't believe what she heard. She held her head with both her hands, with both elbows resting on top of the table. The ice cubes of her drink had started to melt a long time ago. With all the noise in the arcade, she couldn't focus on one single thing, because her mind was going faster than everything that surrounded her. How could he leave her? And here, out of all the places where they could have this conversation going...

Tzuyu couldn't understand it. She couldn't stand being there on her own, but at the same time, she couldn't move from the spot. She was still picturing the whole scene that just happened. She knew that she had made mistakes, especially ever since Kwanghoon started talking about his new classmate. She couldn't help the jealousy she felt and maybe she didn't act the best way, but she still believed that their relationship had been something worth fighting for. 

However, he had made his decision and what had happened earlier had Tzuyu in emotional shock. She was so into her thoughts she didn't notice a blonde girl approaching her. She snapped from her thoughts when she heard her voice.

"Hey, what's with the lonely face?"

Tzuyu jumped slightly on the seat. Maybe it was the chirpy tone of her voice or the way the girl was flashing her a knowing smile. It was the kind of smile a stranger has when they are trying to say "I've been there too". Tzuyu, being an introvert, would have avoided this girl any other day. Being the sassy girl she usually is, she smelled this girl was trouble. 

Now, on the other hand, Tzuyu didn't feel like pushing away the only helping hand she could find.

"I'm quite lonely now, yeah."

That wasn't the best answer she has given, but well, she didn't feel like being creative.

"Not anymore! I'm here with you now. I'm Sana, what's your name?" The blonde girl said while taking the seat next to her. There was no way she could kick her now or run away from her. 

"I'm Tzuyu." When she said her name, she knew what would come next. This girl would probably ask her about her curious name which reminded everyone of the character in Star Wars. Probably, after some lines, she would point to the shape of her ears and tell her that maybe she was more like Yoda. Tzuyu knew that dialogue by heart and she was ready to have it, even if she didn't feel in the best mood.

Sana, however, rested her hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry about what just happened. I wasn't eavesdropping, you know, but we happened to walk by when he was leaving and we heard him shout at you. That , huh? How are you?"

Tzuyu stole a glance around. The stranger mentioned that she was with someone else, but she had come alone. She saw a group of girls standing near the e-sports zone. 

"Not having the best night of my life in our favorite arcade." Saying those words broke Tzuyu for once and for all. It was the words she needed to let out before she started crying.

And this girl, this stranger, patted her back and offered her some tissues. She felt embarrassed, making those ugly faces in front of her. But it felt good to have someone who cared about her, even if it was for a short time. 

"Tell me what happened. You'll feel better."

And Tzuyu just did that. She spilled all the details, how they started dating and the recent dramas they had. Tzuyu was surprised by how this girl was handling the situation. She seemed like a professional therapist of some kind. She just listened carefully and nodded, asking little questions just to make sure she was understanding the whole scenario. When she felt like she had nothing else to say, she took a deep breath and cleaned her face with the tissue Sana had given her.

"That . Just in your favorite place, out of all places, huh?"

"Yeah... I don't feel like coming anymore." When Tzuyu muttered that, Sana let out a gasp.

"Nonsense! You can't avoid this place just because some random guy decided to leave instead of talking things out." Tzuyu was about to say that he wasn't just some random guy, but Sana held her hand up, already aware of her retort. "What I mean here is that you can't leave the things you like just because he hurt you. I know maybe today isn't the best moment to hang out, but hey, I'm hanging out here with my friends. Do you want to come along? They are a little bit loud, but they are nice. Just like me, you know. Well, I'm better than them, obviously, but you know..."

Sana had started ranting because she wasn't sure what Tzuyu's face meant. In her mind, Tzuyu was trying to find an excuse to say no politely. She felt at ease with Sana, of course, but could her introverted heart handle more people at this moment? 

Her mind crashed and just because she didn't want to leave the side of this girl, who was making her think about something aside from her now ex-boyfriend, she blurted some sound that sounded like "yeah".

Sana's reaction was priceless. Her eyes went wide as well as her smile and she held her hand. She pulled her to the place where her friends were, near the e-sports section. The group of girls turned around to look at them and greeted them. Tzuyu gulped and wondered why all these six girls were so pretty. When she was with Sana one-on-one she hadn't realized that she was standing with such a beautiful girl. 

"Hey girls, look who I just met! This is my new friend Tzuyu, who just loves this arcade as much as we do." Sana introduced her while wrapping her arm around her shoulders and resting her hand on her arm. "Tzuyu, these folks are Momo, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Nayeon, and Jeongyeon."

Sana pointed at each of the girls as she introduced them and each of them made a simple greeting gesture as Sana mentioned them. Well, simple except for Nayeon, who blew a kiss at her, which made Jeongyeon roll her eyes playfully. 

"Hey... I'm sorry, I'll probably forget your names. I'm not good at remembering them." Tzuyu shyly admitted. 

"No worries. We usually shout at one another, so you'll probably get to know them easily." Chaeyoung teased. Dahyun, who was next to her faked a glare at her.

"How dare you, Chae? We are not screaming at each other all the time, right Momo?" Daehyun shouted playfully. 

"Right you are! We are not the kind of people who shout at each other, right Jihyo?!" Momo stressed her name. Jihyo took a deep breath. Jeongyeon covered Tzuyu's ears.

"OF COURSE WE DON'T DO THAT!" 

"You always gotta be so loud?"

Another girl appeared. And this one, Tzuyu must admit, made her heart skip a beat. She couldn't get her eyes off her. Maybe it was because of the moles on her face of her beautiful, shy gummy smile. 

'Why are these girls so pretty?' Tzuyu thought. Each of them had their style, both in clothes and personality. 

"Mina!" Sana wrapped her arms around her and hugged her in an absurd tight hug. The girl named Mina gasped but then laughed as she tried to let go of the embrace. 

"What's with you? Be a little normal in front of our guest!" She laughed while pointing at Tzuyu with a small movement of her hand. Once Sana let go of her, Mina stepped a little closer to Tzuyu and spoke in a smaller voice. "I'm glad you're feeling better, by the way. I got worried when I saw what happened."

'Oh, it's true, Sana mentioned that there was someone else with her.' Before she could answer properly, Momo interrupted the conversation by rubbing Mina's arm.

"How did it go?" She asked her. 

"The race? Oh, I got the third position. It was too bad I lost my last best score. But those dudes were too fast! I wondered if they had some mod or something." Mina spoke about the races of the game with such passion that Tzuyu found herself mesmerized for a second. Then she realized why she felt that way. It somehow reminded her of her now ex-boyfriend. His passion for video games was what made her love this place and all the games they could play here.

Chaeyoung started questioning Mina about the game and that led to a conversation about other similar games. They started walking to another part of the arcade where they had the cafeteria. Sana pulled Tzuyu closer to her and whispered.

"How are you? Do you like my friends?"

Tzuyu managed to give the first little smile of the night.

"They are loud, just as you said." This comment made Sana laugh while covering with her hand. "But they are nice. Thank you for having me."

"You're welcome to join us whenever you want."

Tzuyu didn't know if she would meet them again, but she nodded her head and muttered a small ''thank you" before taking a seat on the couch at the cafeteria. Jeongyeon sat beside her and gave her a small smile. Then, Mina sat on the other side and Tzuyu felt herself blushing. She sighed to calm her nerves and her lip quirked up when Mina grinned at her.

These girls were beautiful, indeed, but something about Mina had her wondering what was wrong with her.


Sana: hey girllllss your favorite girl in town has recruited a new member you will love!!!

Sana: get ready foooooooor...

Chae: lol who?

Momo: ... you are really slow, who are you adding to the group?

Nayeon: it must be her new girlfriend ;)

Sana: I'm just trying to add her okay!! I've never done this before.

Mina: Settings > Group members > Add new member > Type their name and click their contact > Confirm 

Chou Tzuyu has joined the chat group "MORE&MORE lovers"

Sana: I made it! Thank you Mina!

Sana: Ta-daaaaa!

Tzuyu was smiling at her screen after letting out a chuckle. She must admit that Sana seemed a little too much at first, but she has started getting used to her tone and her jokes. She sat down on the couch of her apartment and sipped on her coffee. Tonight she had a lot to study. Ever since she started having trouble with her boyfriend, she had been lazing around with her study schedule, and now that they were done she had a lot of studying to cover.

When Sana and her started texting each other, ever since the break-up incident at the MORE&MORE, Sana had been insistent about having her on the chat group because according to her:

Sana: everyone loved having you! I'm sure they'll love that you join us!!!

So that's why she finally told her yes, so she could shut up. Even if she would never admit it, she liked feeling like she was included in the group. She took the advantage of that coffee break to text them. She wasn't the best at typing fast, but who could blame her when Korean wasn't her mother tongue?

Jihyo: welcome Tzuyu! 

Dahyun: yeaaah someone worth talking to!

Sana: what do you mean? am I not enough for you?

Dahyun: hey we're not talking about you right now are we?

Momo: hey Tzuyu! just wanted to tell you that I tried the Taiwanese recipe you explained to me. thanks for the tips!

Tzuyu: hehe thank you everyone!

Jeongyeon: hi tzuyu! welcome!

Nayeon: I knew you were trouble when you walked in~~~

Momo: what are you talking about?

Chaeyoung: so shame on me now~~~~

Dahyun: Momo, the Taylor Swift inside them got out and now they will write a lot of love songs together. get ready for the releases of the chaeyeon.

Tzuyu: Momo I'm glad you tried the recipe! 

Momo: ^-^ maybe someday we can cook it together!

Mina: welcome Tzuyu!

Jeongyeon: So can I be chaeyeon's manager or not?

Dahyun: That spot should be mine!

Mina: So, who's playing Animal Crossing tonight?

Tzuyu: I would love to!

Tzuyu began to panic. She wanted to answer to Momo's invitation to cook together, but instead, the message got delivered right after Mina asked about playing Animal Crossing. Damn, tonight she had a lot to study, she couldn't play right now. 

'But maybe more people will tag along, right? Maybe it won't be weird if I back out later. I'll just wait if other people talk'

Jeongyeon: my brother has the Switch so I don't think so!

Chaeyoung: I'm busy drawing, nope!

Nayeon: I just did my nails and I think I will continue to listen to Taylor's album. Tell me about the price of your turnips tho

Dahyun: damn I forgot about buying turnips this week!

Momo: I'm tired, I'll go to sleep soon

Nayeon: lol always a sleeping queen, aren't you?

Momo: aaaand I'm proud of that title

Sana: I forgot to charge my switch and I don't know where the charger is!

Mina: it's just you and me, then, Tzuyu! so, your island or mine? :D

'Jihyo never answered!' Tzuyu still had hope that someone else would say yes so it didn't look so weird to suddenly change her mind. She didn't want to disappoint Mina after having agreed to play with her, even if it was by accident.

Jihyo: for times like this I wish I had bought a Switch! have fun, you two!

Tzuyu gulped as she saw the notification that Mina had opened a private chat with her.

Mina: here's my friend code!

Tzuyu sighed and shrugged her shoulders. It wouldn't hurt if she played for a little time and then got herself to work, right? She left the empty coffee mug on the sink and washed her hands. Then, she walked back to the living room and took the Joycons to play with the Switch on the TV. She added Mina as a friend and saw that she had Zelda as her profile picture. She didn't know Mina much, but it kind of matched her personality. Tzuyu, on the other hand, had a Pikmin as her profile picture.

Tzuyu: we should go to your island. I haven't entered mine in two weeks, it's probably messy.

Mina: it's okay! I can help you fix it if you want

Tzuyu: whatever you want, really

Mina: I'm quite bored of my island already. I would love to see yours!

Mina: It's probably super cool, considering you played for 435 hours!

Tzuyu gasped and started to blush.

Tzuyu: I never remember that people can see that.

Mina: don't worry! I played 645 hours myself, hehe. It took me some hard work to have it the way I like it!

Mina: I'm at the airport, have you opened the gates?

Tzuyu entered the game and waited for the opening credits to click start. After loading, she greeted Isabella and fast-forwarded her announcements. She watched as her character opened the door of her house with messy hair and yawned, before fixing her hair in a rush. 

Tzuyu: on my way!

Mina: wanna voice chat? I know I'm not a big talker, but it's always messier when I try to type on the phone at the same time

Tzuyu's first reaction was to check if she looked good. She fixed her hair and checked if she had any coffee stains on her teeth. Everything looked perfect. She gave Mina her discord code and she opened the app on the phone to accept her. 

"" Tzuyu muttered under her breath. She quickly changed her profile picture as soon as she saw her previous picture, which was a selfie with her ex-boyfriend. She changed it to the meme drawing she had found of Yoda holding a lightsaber. As soon as she received the invitation from Mina, she accepted her and called her immediately before she could think more about the picture of her boyfriend kissing her cheek. 'Ugh! ex!' she corrected herself mentally as she referred to him as her boyfriend in her mind.

Mina picked up the call.

"That was fast. So, are you at the airport?"

Tzuyu's eyes widened and she focused back on the game. 'Right! The gates!'

"Not yet. I had to change my outfit first." She lied as her character started running towards the airport. 

"Oh, I see. I hadn't thought about that. I'm going to change mine too! I wouldn't want to look bad on our first playdate."

Tzuyu chuckled and made a small stop at one of the fridges in the lounge area she had created to change her character's clothes as well. 

"So is it a date? I should change my clothes then."

Mina's laughter was endearing. Tzuyu smiled and quickly chose one of her favorite outfits. Her character went back to running to the airport.

"Wear whatever you want, of course. It's just that it's the first time you'll be seeing me virtually, I want to look good. Don't you want the same?"

The way Mina talked seemed different from how she talked when she was with her friends. Maybe it was because her friends were louder and she wouldn't talk so much, or maybe it was because it was always easier to talk one-on-one. 

"Of course, I want to look good for you, you know."

Tzuyu bit her tongue after saying that. 'Maybe it was too much?' She wondered. 'Well, it was Mina who started the playdate thing, it shouldn't be that weird, right?'.

"I like the way you court me. Please, keep doing it." Mina in a playful tone. Tzuyu let out a giggle, feeling better now that she knew they were on the same page.

"Oh, believe me, I got a lot of cheesy flirty lines for you." Tzuyu panicked a little again, hoping she hadn't crossed the line this time.

"I feel very flirted with. Keep going." Even though she couldn't see Mina, she could see her smile through her voice. 

"Hey, aren't you going to court me too?" Tzuyu decided to , so the uneasiness inside her stomach would go away.

"I'm offering you my presence on your island. I'm doing so much already to impress you on our first date." 

Tzuyu laughed and nodded her head in agreement.

"You're right, sorry. I mean, having a princess on my island will rise the status of Chouland."

"Aww, your island name is Chouland? Mine is called Penguin." 

"Penguin?" 

"Well, I chose my first Animal Crossing town's name when I was ten, you know? I haven't changed it ever since. I had a hard time deciding between Penguin or Ketchup, as they were my favorite things."

"That's a funny story."

They fell into a comfortable silence after the light conversation they were having.

"Thanks for calling me princess, though. I still feel courted. Keep going." 

Tzuyu now felt totally at ease with the back and forth flirting, so she chuckled before replying to the invitation.

"I opened the gates for you, my princess. Would you honor me with your presence on the humble island of Chouland?"

Mina hummed the melody of Dodo Airlines as her character passed the control.

"I'm on my way. Get ready for me."

"I was born ready."

"Are you?" 

"Aha."

Mina on the other side of the call, using the discord on her laptop with the Switch in her hands, was smiling at the screen as she listened to Tzuyu's voice with the Bluetooth headphones. She liked the tone of the conversation and she felt glad she had found someone she felt totally at ease at being herself. It's not like she couldn't be herself with her friends, but sometimes, since they were so loud, she felt like she couldn't talk without some voice sounding louder than her voice and talking over her.

"I'm almost there." 

"Hm." 

Tzuyu stretched her arms as she waited. Then she saw it. His ex-boyfriend was now online on her Nintendo Switch and was playing Minecraft. It reminded her of those conversations they had about why playing Minecraft on the Switch when they could play it on PC. She shook those thoughts out of her head, but she couldn't help but sigh.

"You okay?"

"Hm, it's nothing. My ex just got online. I just forgot I still had him as a friend on the Switch too." 

"Oh." Mina didn't know what to say. She bit her lip. She had never been in a relationship, let alone in a break-up. Her mind raced as she tried to find something to say that sounded comforting. She thought 'What would Sana do?' and the words came directly to her mind. "How are you about that?"

"I've been better," Tzuyu admitted. "but I still can't understand why he left without fighting for our relationship, you know? I thought that what we had... What we had was harder than any problems that we would face."

"I know..." Mina muttered. Just as she was about to say something else, she saw the shadow of the airplane over Tzuyu's island. "Looks like I'm arriving. I'm sure I'll be a better company than him."

Mina was glad that what she said made Tzuyu let out a chuckle. She kind of felt proud of herself for getting her to laugh.

"Of course, you are, princess. How are you liking the view of my island?"

"It's a wonderful view, indeed. I'm flattered and honored to be invited to Chouland." She put the most formal tone she could, which made Tzuyu laugh again.

"I didn't know you were so funny."

"Thanks, I guess?"

Tzuyu felt her heartbeat go faster. "No, wait, I mean! Huh, it's just that my first impression of you was..."

"Hm?" Mina wasn't mad at her, but she couldn't help but feel curious about what was the first impression she got.

"You know, I just thought that you were cool. I didn't expect to find someone who would have the same sense of humor as me."

"Cool?"

"Yeah, well, and pretty, too." Tzuyu blurted before she could stop herself. She resisted the urge to facepalm herself. 

"Oh, courting me again, I like it." 

Just in time, Mina's character appeared on Tzuyu's island. Tzuyu laughed as she saw Mina's character dressed as a princess with a tiara on her head. Mina's character blushed and Tzuyu's character waved her hand at her. Mina didn't want to let the topic of first impressions go.

"You know, since you told me your first impression of me, it's only fair that I tell you what I thought about you when I first saw you."

"Oh, yeah? And what did you think about me?"

"Don't laugh at me, okay?"

"I won't laugh, I promise."

"I thought you were a total crush material."

Tzuyu almost choked on her saliva. She coughed a little and laughed out loud.

"Are you serious or are you trying to court me back?"

"I'm not kidding you. And you promised me that you wouldn't laugh!" Mina made a silly pout even though Tzuyu couldn't see her. So to make it more evident, she made her character put a sad face. 

"Hey, I'm not laughing at you. It's just that it surprised me. Why?"

"Why what?" Mina now made her character appear with an enormous question mark on top of her head. Tzuyu chuckled at her new friend's antics. 

"Why did you think I'm crush-material?"

"Oh, that!" Mina made a pause as a lightbulb appeared on top of her character's head. "Well, you see... I think you should look at yourself in the mirror more often to get the point I was trying to make."

"I don't think I'm understanding you. Let's take this outside." Tzuyu said as she walked to the exit of the airport, Mina's character following along. 

"You know what I mean. You just want me to make a fool of myself as I poorly flirt with you. Not everyone is as good at flirting as you are, you know?"

Tzuyu had to laugh at that. She had to admit that Mina was making an effort that was worth an A+. Maybe it was the caffeine speaking, but she had the feeling that they could keep playing all night.

"Now I feel very flirted with."


The next morning, Mina yawned as she was putting her shoes on at the entrance of her shared apartment. Seulgi waved a hand at her.

"Have a nice day, Mina!" she wished her. Mina waved back as she wondered if she should wear a mask outside or not. She felt that no matter how she had covered the bag under her eyes they were too noticeable. However, she didn't regret having played all night with Tzuyu. She opened the door and after waving her hand one more time at Seulgi, she left for her first class in the morning.

Deciding to show the world that she hadn't slept so much, she left the mask inside her bag. Something about having spent the night talking and joking around with Tzuyu made her feel all giddy. She thought about texting her about how she woke up this morning. Just at the same time, someone must have thought the same thing as her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She got it out and smiled when she saw a text from Tzuyu.

Tzuyu: I'm all puffy-eyed but no regrets

After that, she added a selfie. Mina bit her lower lip.

"Gosh, she's so breathtaking." She muttered under her breath. 

In the picture, Tzuyu was wearing a white shirt and had her hair down on her shoulders. Her collarbones were exposed and the skin on her chest looked so soft that Mina couldn't help but keep her lip between her teeth. Even though she put on a neutral expression, Mina had a feeling that Tzuyu was slightly smiling at the picture. 

Mina: I have bags under my eyes too. I don't see yours anywhere, though

Tzuyu: Then you must be blind

Mina: No way, I can't be blind. Then, why am I seeing that you are looking so beautiful and charming in your white shirt?

Tzuyu: oh now I'm going to be flirted with outside our Animal Crossing date, I like it

Tzuyu: btw it's only fair if I have some material to flirt you back

Mina: Material? I'm sorry, I'm not a crush material like you.

Tzuyu: A picture of you would help me get creative with my flirting

Tzuyu was sitting by the coffee table, just where a few hours ago she had started talking to Mina. She sipped on her coffee as she waited for Mina's answer. Her heartbeat was rising and Tzuyu blamed the coffee she had just drunk. 

Mina on the other hand was fighting with the camera angles. Now that she was on the street she didn't want to look like a fool taking a picture of herself out of nowhere. She fixed her hair and then she smiled at the front camera as she took a selfie. She looked at the picture and shook her head. 

'Ugh, I would normally send anything when Sana asked us for a selfie. Why am I feeling so insecure now?' 

She took a few more (or maybe a lot more) and once she found the winning picture, she sent it to Tzuyu.

Mina: are you happy now? I want to see you get creative

She waited for Tzuyu's answer as she made her way to the campus. She just looked up from her phone when she tried to make sure that she wasn't going to bump into anyone. She felt the phone vibrate with a notification from the 'MORE&MORE lovers' group chat and she opened it.

Sana: captured a Mina taking selfies

Mina's eyes widened when Sana shared a short video of Mina taking the selfies on the streets. Mina blushed when she looked at herself doing all those silly poses, including the one where she blew a kiss to the camera. She looked around to see if she could spot Sana. Then she felt two hands on her shoulders and she jumped. Sana snorted at her friend's reaction.

"It's just me! I guess you were too caught up on your phone. Who are you talking to?" Sana was all eyebrows moving and smirking, and Mina couldn't help but roll her eyes and smack her on the arm.

"I was reading the group chat, you silly."

"And the selfies?"

"I just thought that the makeup for the bags under the eyes made its work and I just wanted to make sure I remember how it looks next time I use it."

'Why can't I simply tell her that I'm texting Tzuyu? I'm not usually like this. When Momo and I send each other silly selfies I have no problem telling anyone.'

Then it clicked in her mind. Everything started to change ever since Sana got out of the closet. Sana started being more outgoing and she started to dress the way she wanted to dress like. Then she remembered when Nayeon mentioned that Sana would be adding her new girlfriend to the group and she added Tzuyu. If Sana was flirting, wouldn't it be awkward to tell her that she was sending her new love interest selfies? 

'Maybe I should ask her directly.'

"Anyway, how are you? Nayeon said something about you having a new girlfriend."

Sana looked around and brought a single finger to her lips. "Shhh! Not so loud."

"But my tone of voice is never loud, unnie."

"Oh, you're right" Sana chuckled. "Nayeon is convinced that I'm trying to flirt with Tzuyu, but I'm not."

"Ah, you're flirting with someone else?"

"Not yet. I don't think they're interested, anyway. I prefer not to think so much about it and just enjoy her company" Sana shook her head as she tried to get the delusional ideas from her mind.

"Won't you tell me who she is?" Mina pouted.

"Hm, you're quite a quiet girl, so I guess my secret would be safe with you." Mina nudged her. "It's Dahyun. I've been crushing on her for half a year now, I think I can't get her out of my mind, you know?"

Tzuyu felt uneasy. Had she crossed the line with her message? Maybe it was too much? To get her mind off those things, she started packing her lunch. She would steal glances at the phone now and then. Meanwhile, Mina was nodding as she listened to Sana's intuitions about how her relationship with Dahyun wouldn't work because Dahyun doesn't feel the same way. However, she couldn't stop fidgeting with the phone in her hands, knowing that she had received a reply from Tzuyu. She couldn't see all the messages except for the first one that said:

Tzuyu: oh my god i forgot how to use language bye

"How about you?" Sana asked her, which made Mina snap from trying to open Tzuyu's chat. 

"How about what?"

"Your love life. Have you met any guy?" Sana looked amused at her friend. Mina thought about it and shook her head. "Not even that Kwanghoon guy who tried to flirt with you back then?"

Mina gulped. After all her conversation with Tzuyu last night she had forgotten about the whole first impression she had about Tzuyu the first time she saw her at the More&More arcade. 

'This girl is a total crush material. Too bad she's dating this bastard.'

She felt bad about not telling Tzuyu last night, but it didn't feel right to tell her over the phone when they were having so much fun. Maybe it would be a good idea to tell her face to face. 

"Hey, you spaced out. Something happened with that guy?" Sana's brows were now furrowed with worry. Mina always admired how transparent Sana was with her feelings and thoughts. 

"I'm sorry. No, no, nothing happened. He was a little insistent at first, but Momo helped me handle him." Mina tried to look for an excuse to get away from Sana so she could check her texts, but then the excuse appeared by itself when they bumped into Momo.

"What about me?" The girl heard her name somewhere and had her head tilted. Sana then asked her about the details of what happened with Kwanghoon. Mina took the chance that Momo and Sana were engaging in the conversation to look at Tzuyu's texts.

Tzuyu: oh my god i forgot how to use language bye

Tzuyu: are you sure that you aren't crush material? cause damn

Tzuyu: but guess what I liked more? the making of Sana just sent

Tzuyu: i want the selfie where you blow a kiss to me, too, btw

Mina was smiling and she felt her cheeks burning. Then she saw that Tzuyu was typing and waited for her answer.

Tzuyu: was it too much flirting? I wanted it to equal your beauty

Mina chuckled and typed a quick reply.

Mina: you know that I'm weak for your flirting techniques. for us, there's never too much flirting

"Who are you texting?" Momo nudged her.

"Oh, you know" Mina tried to make it sound casual as her heart was beating faster. "It's just Tzuyu."

"She's a nice girl, isn't she? She's a great addition to the group!" Momo commented as she turned to Sana.

"Yeah, we should invite her to today's plan."

"Today's plan?" Mina asked as she held her hand on her chest. 'Am I suffering a heart attack or something?'

"Don't you remember? Dahyun wants to go to that new Starbucks that opened a few weeks ago. Since it's just going to be the four of us, maybe Tzuyu would like to tag along." Sana explained her point.

Mina nodded her head in understanding. "Let me text her then."

Tzuyu: oh thank god, I thought I had scared you away

Mina: that would never happen. I'm sticking with you till the end of time!

Mina: btw Dahyun wants to take us to a new Starbucks near the campus at 4:00 pm. It's just going to be five of us: Dahyun, Sana, Momo, you, and me

Mina: since I'm guessing you need coffee as much as I do, would you want to join us?

Tzuyu: of course! I'm also sticking with you till the end of time and that includes the coffee shops

"She's in." Mina let her friends know. 

Tzuyu: btw I haven't forgotten about the selfie where you blow a kiss

Mina: you gotta earn it with more flirting points

Tzuyu: more??? okay I will try to get more ideas. gotta go to class though, I'll see you this afternoon then

Mina fidgeted as she tried to find a casual way to bid farewell. Then it came to her mind and she sent her the selfie of herself blowing a kiss. She accompanied the picture with an emoji that had the same expression. Tzuyu replied with an emoji with heart-eyes. She put her phone inside her bag and tried to join Momo and Sana's conversation about the latest Marvel film. 


They agreed to meet at the Starbucks and Tzuyu was the first one to arrive. Since it was getting cold outside, she decided to get inside the coffee shop. When she was seated at one of the tables, she took her phone out to text the girls and let them know that she was already inside. She also opened the chat she had with Mina and replied to her last message.

Mina: can't wait to see you!

Tzuyu: me either babe

She had first used the pet name two hours ago. She asked if it was too much and Mina answered that it was fine. Mina then used 'sweetheart' and it made her heart race. It reminded her of the pet name she shared with her ex-boyfriend. They usually called each other 'honey'. Thinking about him felt bittersweet because she could remember the good times but the last moment of their relationship was a hard flash that made her forget about those fond memories. 

Just as if it was a sign, the door made a sound as it opened and her ex-boyfriend walked in with another girl, hand in hand. 

'It has been just a week... and she's with another girl?'

Her heart began to break again just as she was starting to find the pieces. She quickly stood up and ran to the counter to order her coffee, wishing they wouldn't make eye contact. She wouldn't be able to stand it. Not right now. 

She couldn't help but look at them in the reflection of the glass of the beverages menu. How could they be so lovey-dovey already? It's been just a week since their breakup. Unless... She clenched her fist at the thought. No, he would never do that. 

She suddenly felt a kiss on the cheek and she jumped. 

"Sana! Gods shake, you scared me!" She protected herself from the girl who was now laughing out loud. She was so into looking at Kwanghoon that she hadn't noticed her friends walking in and positioning themselves next to her.

"Can't I just kiss my new friend's cheek?" Sana as she got closer to her and kissed her on the other cheek. Tzuyu felt herself blushing. 

Was Kwanghoon looking at them? ' it, if he can kiss whoever he wants, I can be kissed by whoever I want.'

"That sounds like fun. Let me do it too!" Momo then kissed Tzuyu's cheek. Dahyun chortled at the interaction and went on her tiptoes to kiss Tzuyu's cheek as well. Tzuyu was blushing like mad and then she made eye contact with Mina. She expected to feel awkward when seeing her, but when Mina gave her that gummy, reassuring smile, she felt like getting home from the long emotional journey she had just a few seconds ago.

"So, are you bending down, or do I have to go on my tiptoes?" Mina , taking this perfect chance to openly flirt with Tzuyu in front of her friends without sounding weird.

"Huh?" Tzuyu blinked, not getting what Mina meant. Mina playfully rolled her eyes and pointed at her own cheek. "Oh right! Let me kneel for you."

Tzuyu realized the slip of words but went along, going lower so Mina could kiss her cheek. She blushed when she felt Mina's hand on her hip and her breath near her ear. 

"I saw him, too. Are you okay?" She whispered. Tzuyu sighed and placed her hand on top of Mina's hand, holding her closer for a second.

"I'm not, but I'll be."

Mina pulled away while nodding, but held her hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"That's enough kisses for now! It's not your birthday yet, is it?" Sana and then looked at her friends. "I've now set the new trend of kissing Tzuyu, what's next?"

They laughed and they reached their turn to order the drinks. Mina was amused to see that Tzuyu didn't let go of her hand even when she used her credit card to pay for her and Mina's drinks. Even if they were keeping their interactions more low-key than what they had last night, her friends were sharing knowing glances while looking at them. Mina was just happy that things weren't awkward now that they were face to face. Once they were seated, Momo started talking about her day. Tzuyu mindlessly drew patterns on the palm of Mina's hand as she tried not to look at where Kwanghoon was sitting with this new girl. Dahyun then started telling them about the new things she had learned today in her anatomy class. Mina then rested her head on Tzuyu's shoulder as she listened to her friend. She was used to this kind of skinship with her friends, but it felt different with Tzuyu.

"Kiwi!"

Tzuyu chuckled when she heard her name being poorly shouted by an employee. "That must be me."

"Let me get it for you, Tzuyu" Sana offered. Tzuyu was about to retort, but then she saw her ex near the counter and nodded. She muttered a small thank you. Momo and Dahyun followed Sana as they heard their names as well. 

Mina took the chance to hug Tzuyu's side. "Hey, I would like to talk to you about something later."

Mina spoke in such a small voice that Tzuyu had to lean closer to listen to her. "Why not now?"

"I would prefer to be alone with you for that." Mina knew that she had explained herself poorly and felt all the heat getting to her face.

"Oh, I get it. You want me just for yourself." Tzuyu smirked at her and Mina realized how different it was to see her flirting face to face. It was now undeniable the potential crush she could develop on Tzuyu if she kept looking at her.

"You got me." Mina hid her face on Tzuyu's shoulder and Tzuyu chuckled softly as she caressed Mina's hair. 

"Yeah I got you" Tzuyu got closer to whisper to Mina's ear. "And I'm not letting you go."


After spending the afternoon chatting with their friends, Tzuyu asked Mina if she wanted a ride back to her house. Mina took it as a sign for that alone time she had asked her and nodded. Sana then offered a ride to Dahyun and Momo, but Momo said that it was a waste of time since she lived so close to the coffee store. Dahyun wrapped her arm around Sana's waist as she bid farewell to Mina and Tzuyu. Sana waved at the two of them and gave Mina a discreet thumbs-up. Tzuyu then walked Mina to her car. Once they got inside, Tzuyu confessed.

"I'm not taking you home, by the way."

"Oh, right. I knew this would happen to me someday. This is the time I get kidnapped, isn't it?" Mina as she poked Tzuyu's side, both the tickles and the joking making Tzuyu laugh.

"Hahaha, no, no." Tzuyu protected herself from Mina's tickling. "What I mean is that I just looked for an excuse to be alone with you."

'And why do I need an excuse?' Tzuyu asked herself.

"I know, I'm just teasing you. Then, where are we going?"

Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders. "My place? I live on my own so no one will disturb us."

"Okay." 

With that being said, Tzuyu started the car. Mina admired her silently. She looked so elegant while driving. It made her look older for once. Ever since she got to know Tzuyu, she couldn't help but feel older than her, even though their was just two years. 

"You can choose whatever music you want to play" Tzuyu commented, unaware of how Mina was staring at her. Tzuyu pointed at her phone and Mina reached for her. Tzuyu unlocked it with her fingerprint and Mina opened the music app. 

"You won't laugh at me, right?" 

"I promise I won't."

Mina then typed the name of the song she wanted to play and waited for the first chords to play. Tzuyu recognized it as soon as she heard it. 

"Debussy's Clair de Lune?"

"That's right."

"I love this song. It makes me feel so nostalgic somehow. Why did you choose this one?"

"You promised you won't laugh at me."

"That's right, I won't. Tell me, why?"

Mina felt herself blushing and looked through the passenger's window. She muttered her reply in such a small voice that the music covered it. Tzuyu asked her to repeat it.

"It reminded me of you driving right now. You look so elegant, yet so caring, and gentle. It's just so you."

That made Tzuyu smile. When they reached a traffic light, Tzuyu reached for Mina's hand and rested it on her lap. She caressed her hand while following the tune of the song. Once the traffic light was green again, she let go of Mina's hand to get both of her hands on the steering wheel. They listened to the song together and Mina noticed that Tzuyu was softly humming the song. It made her realize that even if she knew her for a short time, she was already growing fond of this girl.

When Tzuyu parked the car, Mina's throat got dry. Suddenly, telling her about her ex didn't feel good at all. She was worried that it would mean the end of their friendship.  However, Tzuyu couldn't get mad at her, right? She was never interested in flirting with Kwanghoon and she stopped him on the spot. 

"Home sweet home." Tzuyu sang as she unfastened her seat belt and opened the door. Mina went to open the door and was surprised to find Tzuyu opening the door for her. Mina gave her a grateful bow and let out a rather loud chortle when Tzuyu knelt in front of her just to kiss her hand. She smacked Tzuyu on the shoulder as the younger couldn't stop laughing.

"You're going to be the death of me. Stop being so cute." Mina laughed and pinched Tzuyu's cheek. 

"Come, let's get inside, princess." She led her to the elevator and they waited for it for a few seconds before getting inside. Even though it was quite spacious, Mina stood closer to Tzuyu, trying to hold her hand. Maybe that way she would feel less nervous about the conversation she needed them to have. Tzuyu made the move and held Mina's hand as the elevator's doors opened. She guided her to her apartment door and let go of her hand to open it. They took their shoes off at the entrance and Mina followed Tzuyu inside the apartment. 

"Sorry, the living room is quite a mess right now. I had to do some cleaning so I could take all the pictures I had of my ex hanging around. And well, I had to dress up in a hurry because I ended up playing Animal Crossing with a princess last night." Tzuyu said as she shyly picked a sock and quickly ran with it to her bedroom.

"What a crazy night, huh?" Mina . "I hope you don't do that with any other girl."

"Nope, you're the first one ever!" Tzuyu exclaimed from the bedroom. Then she thought about what she had just said. Yeah, it could be. Mina is the first one she's interacting in this way with. There's no way she would do this with any other girl.

"It's good to know." Mina gulped and waited for Tzuyu to come back. When she did, she bit her cheek from inside at the sight of the button of her shirt Tzuyu had undone, revealing more of her beautiful, soft-looking skin. It made it harder to tell her what she needed to. "Shall we sit down?"

"Okay, sure." Tzuyu didn't understand the sudden change in Mina's mood but she sat down on the couch and patted the space next to her. Mina sat beside her and leaned her hand on Tzuyu's knee. She took a deep breath and let go of what was weighing her down.

"I wanted to tell you that I already knew your ex before I met you." She watched Tzuyu's reaction carefully. For now, it seemed okay to go on, but she looked a little bit confused. "About two weeks ago, he tried to flirt with me. But I didn't let him! I want you to understand that I have never been interested in him and I'll never be. Momo helped me tell him to leave me alone."

Tzuyu wasn't as shocked as she expected to be, but it did create some kind of reaction inside her. 

'He tried to flirt with Mina? With my Mina out of all the girls in the world?'

Tzuyu clenched her fists and she felt her jaw tensing. 

"When I saw you two at the bowling, I thought you just were someone he was flirting with, but then I saw what happened. That's why I told Sana to help you. I'm not that good at words, you already know what. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Tzuyu blinked once, then twice, and she closed her eyes. She rubbed her temples as she tried to get all her anger out. 'He flirted with Mina!' was all her mind was shouting. She kept repeating herself that, sometimes changing Mina for 'my Mina!'. 

"Please tell me you are not mad at me?" Mina whispered, almost begging. Tzuyu then opened her eyes and saw the look of utter worry Mina had. She threw herself at her and enveloped her in a hug, lying next to her on the couch.

"Oh Mina, no! Of course, I'm not mad at you babe, please, believe me, I'm not. I'm really not mad at you. I'm just so... so ing mad at him! How dare him? He yelled at me for being jealous and I kept feeling bad about myself for feeling like that. I felt out of control. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was." Mina covered her face on Tzuyu's chest, marveling at the softness of her skin. She started to draw patterns on the back of her shoulder, trying to soothe Tzuyu.

"I just wish he had been better to you. You deserve so much better, sweetheart."

Tzuyu's heart swelled at the use of the pet name and she smelt Mina's hair. She liked her shampoo. She started to caress her hair. She felt herself begin to calm in Mina's arms. The caffeine was starting to disappear from her body and she started feeling sleepy. The lack of sleep began working on both of them. Tzuyu kissed the top of Mina's head and closed her eyes.

"I already have so much better now," Tzuyu mumbled before drifting to sleep. Mina pulled her even closer and closed her eyes as well.


Tzuyu woke up on her own and jumped up. She wondered if she had dreamed that, but then she heard a sound coming from the kitchen. She then heard her stomach rumble and she clicked the pieces together. She stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, poking her head inside to find Mina with her hair pulled up in a ponytail. She blushed at the sight of her neck and had the urge to leave a kiss on it. Following her sleepy self, she got closer to Mina and rested her chin on her shoulder. Mina was a little shocked at first, but when she realized that it could only be Tzuyu, she relaxed and let out a content sigh as Tzuyu wrapped her arms around her waist. The sudden contact of Mina's hands with her bare arms ignited something inside Tzuyu and even though she tried to hold it back, she moaned softly.

Tzuyu asked it before she would regret it.

"Do you want to spend the night?"

Mina nodded. She made a mental note to leave a message to her flatmates so they wouldn't worry, but it quickly vanished from her mind as Tzuyu finally kissed her neck. It was just a small peck at first, but then came another one behind her ear and the third one on her cheek. It was Mina's turn to hold back a small moan. She pressed her back against Tzuyu's front.

"But let's order something, okay? I've been here for half an hour and I don't know what to do with what you have in the fridge." Mina in a whisper. Tzuyu didn't mind whatever Mina said, she was just focusing on how her breath felt against her face. 

"Okay, babe." 

The pet name really got into her now that Tzuyu had whispered it that way. Tzuyu pressed her lips against her nape, then against the other side of her neck, and then behind her ear. Mina let out a sigh.

"Your lips..."

"Hm?" Tzuyu kissed her neck once again, this time a little bit longer.

"They feel so good." 

"I'm guessing yours feel good as well." 

There was something about the way Tzuyu's voice sounded that made Mina's heart's pace increase. It sounded raspy because of the sleep, which made her sound so y. Mina turned around and kissed Tzuyu's neck, then her cheek and her jaw. Tzuyu closed her eyes and held her breath, trying to steady her heartbeat.

"How do they feel?" Mina asked in a whisper. Tzuyu opened her eyes and sighed her breath out.

"Like they are where they belong."

Mina melted upon hearing that. She kissed her neck again and hugged Tzuyu, trying to steady herself. Tzuyu caressed her hair once again, remembering how soft it was before she drifted to sleep.

"What's happening to us?" Tzuyu whispered. "It's like... it's like we're drawn into each other."

"I don't know." Mina admitted as she pulled away slightly, placing her hands on Tzuyu's nape. "Do you want to know?"

"I don't know what it is but" Tzuyu ghosted her lips over Mina's and she felt Mina gasp. "We'll find out together, right?"

"Hm." That was all that Mina managed to get out as Tzuyu kept moving her lips near hers, but never kissing her. She was afraid that once she kissed her, all this magic would vanish away and Mina would snap and run away from her. Mina rested her forehead on Tzuyu's and let the breath she had been holding out. "Wow."

"I know, babe." Tzuyu placed a kiss on Mina's forehead and hugged her again, letting out a sigh. This time, she heard Mina's stomach rumble and she smiled. "You wanted to order something, right?"

Mina was dumbfounded at the question, still processing everything that had just happened. When she finally understood, she nodded her head. Tzuyu kissed the top of her head and regretfully took a step back to take her phone from the counter. When she unlocked the phone, she saw their conversation and she grinned.

"You've been in my mind all day." Tzuyu admitted. Mina's smile couldn't be wider. She played with the hem of Tzuyu's shirt, then with the buckle of her belt.

"Really? Maybe I should pay rent for that." Mina tried to pull Tzuyu closer and kiss her cheek again. Tzuyu chuckled and let herself be pulled forward as she opened the app of her favorite restaurant.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you blowing kisses at me." Tzuyu confessed and she felt herself blushing. She randomly clicked on what she usually had for dinner and since the app already had her credit card number, she finished her order within seconds. She then left the phone back on the counter. She held Mina's face between her hands and rested her forehead on hers again. "I just wanted to see you."

"This is so... intense, right?" It was all that Mina could say as her hand rested on Tzuyu's back. 

"Remember I told you my first impression of you, right?" Mina couldn't hold herself back anymore as Tzuyu bit on her lower lip. This girl was driving her crazy, but she couldn't make the first move. 

"That I was cool." Tzuyu shook her head as she got even closer so she could whisper in her ear.

"And pretty." Mina hid her face on Tzuyu's shoulder and she heard the younger girl let out a small chuckle. "But you know what did I really think?"

"What?" Mina mumbled against her shoulder.

"That all your friends are pretty, but I couldn't take my eyes off of you. You, with all these moles on your face..." She whispered in her ear. "I want to kiss each of them."

"Then please, do." 

Mina closed her eyes as she processed the intensity of the conversation they were having and the feel of Tzuyu's hands on her face, pulling her away from her shoulder. Her fingers traced lines between her moles and she gasped when she found her way to the mole on top of her lip. 

"Hey, babe, look at me."

Tzuyu was asking so sweetly that she couldn't tell her no. She opened her eyes and what she saw now was Tzuyu looking the most vulnerable she had ever seen her. Mina gave her a worried glance and placed her hands on Tzuyu's neck. 

"Please don't go away from me."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?"

"I promise you."

That's all Tzuyu needed before she traced Mina's lips with her fingers. Mina closed her eyes in anticipation as Tzuyu lowered her hand towards her chin. She finally closed the distance and Mina felt like her knees would buckle. Her lips were soft and gentle, never making too much pressure. Mina was shy at first because this was her first kiss with a woman. 'Well, and maybe this is the first real kiss I'm giving someone.' 

Mina had kissed a few guys on kissing games or some random rude guys would steal kisses from her. The way Tzuyu was kissing her... she felt wanted, she felt needed in a way she hadn't felt before. Tzuyu was the first to pull away, just to make sure Mina was okay with everything. Mina sent her a reassuring smile as an answer. 

"I don't know what this is, but" Mina whispered, leaning her hand on Tzuyu's waist "I guess we have to figure this out together, huh?"

Tzuyu chuckled and Mina broke the distance to kiss her again. This time it was more passionate and it left Tzuyu breathless. She had never felt this intensity before. Mina caressed the soft skin of her collarbone and that made Tzuyu moan against her lips. That was too much to handle for Mina, so she pulled away from the kiss and pulled Tzuyu into a hug. Tzuyu let out a small, silent laugh. 

"Thank you for staying."

Mina smiled and gave her a small peck on the lips. "I said I'm not going anywhere."


Mina woke up the next morning wearing the pajama Tzuyu had lent her. After kissing and hugging each other last night in the kitchen, the food arrived and they regretfully had to pull away to have dinner. They had dinner at the dining table in the living room. Tzuyu would hold her hand on top of the table sometimes as they talked about their lives. Both of them enjoyed each other's company. When they were done having dinner, Mina helped Tzuyu load the dishwasher and she surprised the younger with a kiss. Since it had been an hour and a half since they last kissed and their conversations had gone back to what they used to be, Tzuyu had been thinking that maybe Mina would back out. Mina however couldn't see herself leaving her side, now that she had found this connection she had with Tzuyu.

After finishing in the kitchen, Mina asked Tzuyu if she could take a look at the games she had on her Nintendo Switch. Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders and said "Why not? Go ahead." That somehow led to both of them playing Mario Kart. Tzuyu was amused by all Mina's antics when she was playing. She was quite competitive and she loved to get to know that side of her. Mina got mockingly mad when Tzuyu decided to distract her by suddenly kissing her neck. She exclaimed "That's unfair! Fair play, fair play!" that got Tzuyu laughing right before driving into the peel of a banana. 

Mina took her revenge when they changed the game to Super Smash Bross and stopped Tzuyu from giving her a final blow by sitting on her lap. Tzuyu's first reaction was to with "Hey, didn't you say something about fair play?" but then Mina started kissing her and playing with the hem of her shirt and she totally forgot about the game. Mina laughed as she claimed her victory by throwing Tzuyu's character off a cliff.

After playing a few games more, as soon as Tzuyu saw Mina yawn she urged her to go to bed. She lent her one of her favorite pajamas and when Mina came back from the bathroom with her clothes on she couldn't help but marvel at the sight. Mina kissed her one last time before they fell asleep and this time the kiss tasted like peppermint from the toothpaste. At the beginning of the night, Tzuyu was hugging Mina from the back, but when she woke up her head was resting on Tzuyu's shoulder. Mina met Tzuyu's gaze and smiled at the groggy face she had. Tzuyu rubbed her eyes and smiled back.

"I was afraid it was just a dream." Mina shook her head 'no' as an answer and hugged her tighter. 

"It's not. This is just us now..." Mina kissed her on the neck. "figuring out how we feel."


The next time they saw each other again was with their friends again. Tzuyu felt weird when she didn't kiss Mina when she first saw her. However, the older gave her a kiss on the cheek, which led to Sana giving Mina a kiss on the cheek as well. Tzuyu could only remember that last kiss at her car before leaving her at the campus and she felt like she wanted more. But now they were at the bowling area of the MORE&MORE arcade and it wasn't the best place for coming out, whatever relationship they had. Mina would sometimes send her texts.

Mina: you're looking so amazing today

Mina: you look so cute when you watch others make a strike

The last text though was what made her make a move.

Mina: damn you're so y when you calculate your moves

Tzuyu decided that it was a good chance to give her a show. She did just as before, but exaggerating each of her moves, clearly aware of Mina's gaze. When she turned around after making a strike, Chaeyeong and Jeongyeon jumped around her to congratulate her. Nayeon even kissed her on the forehead. When she took the seat next to Mina, she pulled herself closer to whisper in her ear.

"Did you like the show?"

"I knew you were doing that on purpose. I kind of get the games you play on me."

"You saw Nayeon kiss me on my forehead, right? Is it okay? You're not mad, right?" Tzuyu asked in a worried tone. Mina placed a discreet kiss on her neck. 

"You know I would like to keep you to myself, but no, I'm not jealous about Nayeon. She's just playing around."

"Please let me know if I ever do anything that you don't like, okay?" 

Mina sensed how insecure Tzuyu was about that and she realized that after her last relationship, Tzuyu still had some doubts. It was now Mina's duty to reassure her and let her know that she was not leaving her without a fight.

"I will let you know. For now, I'm only disappointed that I can't kiss you without making a scene."

Since the two of them were distracted, they suddenly jumped when the girls screamed at Sana's strike after not being able to kick any bowling pin until now. Dahyun jumped and wrapped her legs around Sana, hugging her like a koala. Their noses touched and Sana smiled widely before Dahyun pressed a chaste kiss on her lips. 

"I knew you could make it!" 

"Since when are these two dating?" Nayeon asked. 

"Since last week!" Momo raised her thumb at Sana, who gave her a knowing smile. "I left these two last week so Sana could confess her feelings to Dahyun for her. And look at them now!"

Mina and Tzuyu shared an amused look and Tzuyu leaned closer to Mina.

"I guess we're going to be sharing the anniversary date with Sana and Dahyun." She whispered. Mina showed her a small smile and pulled closer.

"Well, it depends if you count it from our Animal Crossing date or not." Mina discreetly kissed her neck again. 

"I would prefer to count it from that day then, so we have our own special anniversary date:" Tzuyu felt herself blushing and hid her face on Mina's shoulder.

"Aw, my girlfriend is so shy." Mina . "Whatever you want as long as you stay with me."


Mina: Good luck with your exams sweetheart! I know you will do perfectly. 

Tzuyu was on her way to the next class where her exam would be when she bumped into someone. She gasped when she saw her ex right in front of her. However, this time she was ready to face him. She picked her phone from the ground and smirked at him, before giving him the silent treatment and leaving for her class. That guy wasn't worth her time anymore. 

Tzuyu: Thanks babe! Dinner at my place tonight? I have bought the new Nintendo Switch Sports

Mina: Hmmm I'm sure there are other kinds of sports you would rather do with me, don't you?

Tzuyu: like volleyball? of course, honey, volleyball is the best sport

Mina: you must have lost all your brain with your exams or you are just messing with me

Tzuyu: maybe both. I know one thing though!

Mina: just one? god, i hope you do well on your exams then

Tzuyu: stop messing with me when I'm trying to flirt with you

Mina: sweetheart, you're already a winner at the game of flirting. Let others like me get a well-earned medal.

Tzuyu: then show me tonight. Dinner, 7:30 pm at my place. Tell me if you need me to pick you up or not.

She locked the phone screen and put the phone inside her bag, a wide smile plastered on her face.


When she opened the door to find Mina on the other side, she felt all giddy just as if it were their first date. They had been dating for two months now. Mina pressed a kiss against the corner of her lips, which left her wanting more. Tzuyu kissed her passionately and put her hand on her neck. She felt Mina smile against her lips and let a little chuckle. 

"I'm happy to see you too." 

Mina entered the apartment, which already had more decoration than the first time Mina stepped into the house. Now that all the pictures of her ex were gone, she had started putting more pictures of the times she hung out with her friends, and some pictures with Mina alone. One of her favourite pictures was one of Mina playing with her Nintendo Switch on her couch. 

After they had dinner, Mina was the first to take a step forward and say it out loud.

"I think I figured out."

Tzuyu knew exactly what Mina meant but with her heartbeat pace increasing it was hard to ask correctly.

"What did you figure out?"

"I love you."

Tzuyu never thought she would listen those words again and that this time they would mean so much more to her. She stood up from her seat and Mina took her into her arms.

"I love you too."