"I lost my mind."

One Night

Kai's Point of View:

"Jongin-ah"

"Hm?" 

"Don't be so mad. She's just a girl. Just do your job well." 

I looked up at my manager who was seated next to me. He was staring straight at a stewardess who was walking by us. This airport has too much memory for me. I wanted to get away from it all. I looked away from the stewardess glance. Manager hyung  was in his early-thirties now. He's been EXO-K's manager since we first debuted. He was a handsome man, tall and intimidating. I've always thought of him as a hyung I can confide in. He knew how in love I was with Haera before my debut. He supported our secret relationship when we were still teenagers, often telling us not to worry. As of lately, his views began to change. 

"You've been acting irrational since she first came back months ago. You and her were caught publicly dating that one night during the Kim's Annual Charity Event which is a big NO for an idol like you. I am thankful that you chose to be caught with a classy, beautiful girl who the public respect. And not some cheap low class no-name girl who is probably just trying to get some 15 minute fame. However, we could have easily down played the photos that were leaked. We could have said you two were close friends to avoid all the crazy media. But you confessed your love for her in public, without thinking how it might affect your members or SM company. You managed to gain a load of haters and people threathening to boycott  SM, which is bad business. Jongin-ah, this is all business."

 

"After she left the second time, I couldn't even recognized you anymore. You became so cold and distant. Don't think I didn't notice your thing or whatever it was with Eunhae. I know you've been messing with her. I didn't say anything during the time because I knew you were devestated. I knew you were hurting. I thought Eunhae made you feel whole again, so I left you alone. But little did I know it wasn't just like that."

"I don't love Eunhae. And I never will."

"Then you left unannounced during one of your concerts in Tokyo. You went missing for a couple of days. You had no idea how much I had to cover for you. I was scared . I thought something happened to you. The concert was a disaster. EXO-K's dancing machine was missing and I couldn't report to SM that you had vanished just like that before a concert. That would look so bad on my part and for you! I had always given you freedom along with the other members. I was never too strict. I know your young and you want to just leave and get away. But what were you thinking leaving before a concert?! You didn't even tell any of the members you were leaving. It was a big disrespect to SM and me as your manager and your members and the fans."

"I'm sorry."

"I bet you are. How did she take it?"

"Take what?"

"When you broke up with her?"

"Well she was ing happy," I said sarcastically, "what do you think?"

"Hm."

I thought of her. I thought of her face and it pained me to see her cry. The situation was really bad because I was the main source of her pain. Seeing her again after all these years had made me so happy. I felt whole again. I had never expected that one night to changed our whole lives. I wasn't thinking about SM, EXO, the fans or anyone else, when I was with her. I was thinking of us. I was thinking about how I just wanted to be with her. It was stupid of me to carelessly let the two of us date casually in public and then confirm it. I was an idol and she was a high socialete who the media constantly stalked. We drew in the media so easily that there was no way for us to escape. She left after that night. She was causing so much problems and that she was ruining my image. My dream was too important to her. She had to follow her dream as well.  

It hurt me a lot when she left. But I had to see her again to really understand why. I still thank Mr. Choi for telling me her where abouts. When I finally found her, I also found out she was pregnant. It still shocked me that she kept it from me those two months while she was in Paris. I was ready to fully accept responsibility for our baby. I was ready to start a family with her. Though, we maybe young at 22 to start a family but I was ready. I've been in love with her since we were 15 years old. Financially, we were both beyond stable. I could fully support her. So, when I asked her to marry me, I meant it. I would have given up being an idol to raise a family with her. We could have lived in Paris, if she wanted to. We could have lived anywhere in the world and I would have been okay with it, as long as I was with her. I could have started my own dance academy in Paris, technically I wouldn't be giving up my dream. Her and dance was all I needed. I have thought about it a lot.

Just when I thought things might work out. She had a miscarriaged on her first night in Seoul after being back from Paris. It wasn't anybody's fault. Things like that happen in life. It still upsets me that I wasn't with her to comfort her. I was a coward. I was hiding from fans in the car, texting Eunhae instead of being with her. It was a shocking experience to go through. It is still painful to think that I had lost a child. That child was made with both our DNA combined. 

She would have given up her family just to be with me and I couldn't let that happen. I ended our engagement and our connection over all because I realized I didn't deserve her after thinking about it for sometime. She needed to be with someone that would be with her through it all. Someone who  would put her first through everything. I had been bad to her. Distancing myself from her when she needed me the most. When she would give up anything to be with me, I couldn't do it.

I had made a deal with SM to get away from Seoul for a while. The company wasn't happy with my previous mishaps and scandal that they had signed me up for a leading drama role in Japan until things in Seoul calmed down. The fans were still unhappy with my scandal with someone who was not from SM. SM noticed that a lot of fans "shipped" me with Eunhae. They decided that it would be good marketing to announce that Eunahe and I were dating. Eunhae would be my leading actress and we were to start "dating" for the drama and SM's business strategy to draw more attention to the company and away from my old scandal with her. In reality, I had been messing with Eunhae again. Though I don't feel anything when I'm with Eunhae. It's easy. It's what I need now. It's not complicated. It's lust. It's nothing more.
"Thanks for waiting for me Oppa," Eunhae said while giving me a peck on the lips.
"The 10:30 am flight to Osaka International Airport is now boarding."
"Let's go Oppa," Eunhae said as she took my hand.

I'm so sorry Haera. When I board this plane there is no more turning back. What is done, is done. I'll disappear from your heart so you can be whole again. I want you to be happy and whoever you may choose to love, I will accept it. I know he'll be a better guy than me. I hope you won't hate me for too long, I'm doing this for you. I want you to follow your dreams and become the best. I want you to talk to your family again, especially your father. He's just looking out for you. Thank you for showing me the meaning of love, I know I'll never find someone like you again. I want you to be with someone who isn't afraid to be with you, because right now I'm ing scared.  

 

But I I.... I still love you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
Hi guys! Thank you for sticking by this fic :) I really appreciate all the comments I receieved and all the imputs. Though I may not reply to the comments, just know I read all of them.

It's seems like D.O and Sehun had the most reccomendation for the love triangle! I am excited to write about it.

 

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL MY NEW AND CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS<3 I reached another hundred!

Does anyone know what that arrow thing next to the title of the fic with the number? Can anyone explain to me what exactly it is?