Act I - Left Behind (Chased)

Paint It Red

It was a completely normal day for me, Dongie, and Gahyeon. The three of us were part of the cat and mouse game with the police trailing. At least, we were one step close to taking down...

 

Screw that . We had bigger things that we needed to deal with. We didn't even have the time to care about our main plan because the police were endlessly shooting at the vehicle I drove.

 

I insistently went through sharp corners to lose them, but I soon realized that doing would lead us to getting arrested. What came next, it was a storm that ed all of us up, and I meant it. 

 

I nearly crashed the getaway car that I stole from panic. We were desperately looking for a way out of the mess we're caught in. I was visibly trembling, no sense of awareness existing in my system.

 

Police cars rammed into ours. They threw me off multiple times. They clearly had one goal from this chase; To take us down and suffer the grievous consequence of our committed crimes. Such greedy officers.

 

I knew that one of us would have to take a significant risk, being out in the open while shooting down the police cars. The sirens ringing in my brain did not help me think straight, nor make decisions.

 

I told Handong to give the A.R to Gahyeon. It didn't take long for the former to hand the firearm to the short haired sitting beside me. I only begged her to spray the bullets on the car engines.

 

I warned her not to kill the police officers. It'd put all of us in an extremely compromising situation. We kept on drifting lanes to catch them off guard. I and the two just wanted to get back to Yubin.

 

Who knew what the hell was she doing during the chase. I hoped she had a good time playin' with Yoohyeon while we continued on suffering (as the Mafia laughed their asses off at us).

 

Gahyeon went out of her mind, then halted to a stop once she finished off the police vehicles totaled by the engine explosions that she caused. What a damned circumstance they got themselves into.

 

While we were having a celebration because of the youngest successfully becoming a maniac, then subsequently sparing the officers from their unfortunate deaths, the back window shattered. 

 

At that point, we were sure that we got ed. Because the next thing I saw was Gahyeon's jacket soaking in her own blood. Her left shoulder got shot. It was the scariest I witnessed.

 

Dongie was bashed by the impact. The windshield glass just pierced through her body, leaving numerous fresh wounds on her skin. Her head came close to getting shot. I felt enraged by what the ers did to her.

 

There were incoming reinforcements who were out for blood. It happened too fast that I didn't remember the police motorcycle adjacent to us. It was the same officer that shot both Gah & Dongie.

 

Wanting to prevent the officer from shooting us, Handong took on the task to steal the bike. She had enough of her short-lived patience. It was at that moment, gon' be the most in' badass highlight of the chase.

 

Me & Gahyeon were hesitant about the choice she was gonna make. I almost started arguing with her 'til Gahyeon pointed out a road block. I ultimately sighed before nodding at Dongie.

 

She made her way on the car roof, dodging at several bullets coming for her. The next thing I knew, me and Gahyeon were nearing the road block she saw. Officers were on stand by.

 

Handong luckily got on the motorbike, shoving the officer out of the way. More reinforcements were coming, as a result, but we were just too far away from everything, easily escaping from them.

 

The drawbridge in front of us was closing down. I dreaded this moment. Accelerating faster on the meter, I used the bridge as a ramp to make it onto the opposite side. Thankfully, we made it.

 

What we didn't notice was that... Handong got left behind. It was too late for her to join us. Once it hit us, both me and Gahyeon got completely silent, none of us daring to mutter a single sound.

 

Handong had been here since the beginning of the crew, alongside Gahyeon. The former was there the moment I got involved with the crime world and became an infamous figure.

 

She was the reason why we're stepping closer to bringing Minji downhill the highway to hell. I imagined Lucifer chuckling at her stupidity. It's questionably odd that the devil'd even be scared for her.

 

I kept my together, my grip on the steering wheel tightening. It wasn't the right time to talk about getting Dongie back as soon as possible and infiltrating the human devil's hideout.

 

I tried telling Gahyeon that Handong eventually will be fine, as long as she didn't end up in the prison cells. Gosh, that's worst case scenarios popping up in my head. Too many thoughts messed with my focus.

 

I shakily squeezed Gahyeon's hand, some sort of comfort present in it. She gladly let me do it, a small smile creeping up her face (for several moments). I made a mental promise to get ourselves in a better situation...

 

Once the Mafia organization came to its inevitable end.