Fin - Photograph

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After reading this fic, please check the socmed au sequel for this story on my twitter account @bunnybae2129! Thank you in advance for reading. 

-

They say life is something that we should not take for granted, they say life is something that we should treasure and something that we should always enjoy. Seungwan is one of the examples of a person who wants to live her life to the fullest and when she meant the fullest, she wants to discover the wonders of the world as much as she can. The short-haired girl can only breathe out as she stares over the view from her penthouse, on her hand was a glass of whiskey, another day is ending and she's still locked here inside the four corners of her penthouse. "Seungwan you are once again very unproductive and you wasted one day of your remaining six months," she whispered as she stares at her reflection in the mirror. There was a faint smile that was seen on her face. Ever since the day the doctor told her about her condition, her parents pushed her to go to Canada to have a second opinion but Seungwan declined. No amount of money can save her from her fate, her fate to die a few months after she turns twenty-seven.

At first, it was so hard for her to accept the fact that she needs to leave the world without even finishing all of her bucket lists. It was so hard for her to accept that she won't ever be able to establish her own company just like how her parents did. There were a lot of questions, doubts, and agony. Until she realized that she was still lucky to be given a few more times to achieve some of her dreams and wants. The blonde was just about to head upstairs towards her bedroom when she heard the sound coming from her smart door. She lazily drags herself towards the monitor and sighed to see her childhood best friend Seulgi smiling while raising a bubble tea. "I came here after work, I also need to tell you something mind spare a few minutes for me Seungwan?" ever since Seungwan heard the news about her condition she's been hiding from the people that she treasures, she rarely goes out of her penthouse and usually spends her time writing on her diary, a diary where she hides her bucket list.

Seungwan opens the smart lock of her door before she watched how Seulgi went in, the taller girl was wearing her corporate attire, her signature eye smile welcomed Seungwan and somehow made her heart warm. It's been two weeks since she last went out of her penthouse and two weeks since she heard the news from their family doctor. "What brings you here Seulgi?" the blonde girl asked as she sat back on the big couch of her living room. The long-haired lady sits beside her friend before she placed the bubble tea on the table.

The bear-looking figure hugged her friend before she lightly pouted her lips, Seungwan is used to seeing Seulgi being clingy and she doesn't even mind it at all, but the thought of leaving her friend behind makes Seungwan feel sorry for her friend. Seungwan chooses to ignore the bubbling emotions on her chest as she stares over Seulgi. "I remember reading your bucket list back when we were in college. It was a long list and I'm sure that you still want to do it all Wan." Seulgi starts as she breathes out before she lightly pinches her friend's cheeks, it was still like how it was more than two decades ago. "One of them is going to Fuji-Q, right? To enter the haunted house? There's Switzerland on the list too." Seungwan lightly smiles before she nods her head in agreement with what her friend just said. The list is long and Seungwan knows that the remaining six months would never be enough to do it all. But still, she somehow wishes that she can do either half or some of those. "That is why I called a common friend of mine, she's a professional photographer and she lives in Jeju. I asked her to accompany you to travel to places you want to go." Seulgi's soft smile was seen as she saw how Seungwan's eyes lightly shined, the blonde was looking at her with hope in her eyes. "I booked you a flight to Jeju already and that is where your adventure with her will start. Pack your things Seungwan. Do every single thing that you want to do." the blonde smiles before she nods her head, probably hoping that she can manage to do every single thing on her bucket list.

Seungwan breathes out as soon as she felt the cold breeze of Jeju welcome her, it was fresh and it immediately made her feel better. She roams her eyes around the area until she saw a lady who's currently holding her camera and snapped a photo of her. Seungwan finds it weird but when she saw how the eyes of the said lady shine it made her heart skip a beat. "Are you Seulgi's friend?" the photographer puts her camera down before she bows when she saw how Seungwan nods her head as an answer to her question. "My name is Joohyun, Seulgi asked me for this huge favor and I'm here to document every single thing that you want to mark off your bucket list." Seungwan felt the warmth and the comfort that she needs towards the woman, her name is Joohyun? Seungwan thought that her name fits a very pretty girl like her. "Welcome to Jeju Seungwan-nim." Seungwan's soft smile blossomed on her face when she saw how Joohyun placed a floral lei on her neck. 

"Thank you Joohyun... eonnie? Can I call you eonnie?" Joohyun's smile was seen before she raised her thumbs. Seungwan giggles softly before she follows Joohyun who assisted her towards her car which was parked near them earlier. 

"For our first course today! I need to show you how amazing the foods here in Jeju are. I'm sure that you will enjoy it." Seungwan was smiling as she sits inside the car, Joohyun was the one who placed her things in the backseat of her car. The blonde was looking at the view from the moving car's window. It's the first time in two weeks since she went out, and right now she's sitting inside a car with almost a random stranger, a stranger who will help her complete some of the things that are included on her bucket list. 

The view is very breathtaking for Seungwan, she will never see beautiful trees and sceneries in Seoul, that is why she considers being in Jeju as an escape. The scenery is just one that makes her forget all of the thoughts that she had throughout the past two weeks. The sound of the music from the stereo of Joohyun's car was enough to make Seungwan hum as she continues to admire the beautiful scenery.

Seungwan finds herself sitting on the beach after Joohyun placed a mat for them to sit on. It was another long silence, only the sound of the waves was heard, not until the blonde girl decided to break the long silence. "Eonnie... don't you feel sorry for me?" Joohyun's gaze went towards Seungwan, the said girl was eyeing the ocean while her hand is placed on her lap. Does she feel sorry that Seungwan is stuck in that situation?

Joohyun smiles before she pulls Seungwan to lay down beside her on the mat, they were now staring at the blue skies of Jeju, the sound of the waves was so relaxing and it's enough for Seungwan to relax. "No, why would I feel sorry for you? Why would I feel that when my mom was taken from us because of what you're experiencing right now?" Seungwan's eyes shook as she heard those from the photographer, she didn't even know that Joohyun's mom also suffered from the same condition as hers. "At first I was so mad, I was so confused, out of all the people in this world why does it have to be my mom? Why when mom only works hard to provide for my needs and also take care of my sister? Those were the thoughts that kept on running into my mind when I heard that."  Seungwan understands every single word that Joohyun was saying, it was the exact thing that she first thought upon hearing it from her doctor. The last two weeks she spent locking herself inside her penthouse, crying and hoping for the person above to change her fate. "But I realized, what's the point of blaming, asking, and crying over things that we really can't control? What's the point of blaming someone, when we can spend the remaining moments of my mom's life with her? Give her everything she wants, enjoy every bit of it, instead of spending the remaining days crying, being helpless, that was the time that I made my mom the happiest." Seungwan's eyes meet the photographer's eyes. Her eyes were filled with warmth and emotions that makes Seungwan feel at ease. "And that is why I'm here for you too, when Seulgi told me about your condition there was this connection, it was a rush of emotions that made me feel so happy that even during your hard times there are friends who want the best for you, and I'm so happy to see your initiative to do the things that you want." Joohyun's hand went to reach for Seungwan and gave it a soft squeeze, Seungwan appreciates that gesture, it was a gesture which is enough to make Seungwan realize a lot of things. Joohyun might be a stranger to her but she's sure that she understands her. "I'm here to give you the best moments of your life. Let us get those memories and live our life to the fullest." Seungwan smiles and nods her head before she stares at the setting sun,  she hates sunsets ever since she knew about her condition but now Seungwan is enjoying it. Her hands were clasped with the older woman and all she can think right now is about tomorrow. Another day that she would spend with Joohyun. 

Joohyun stood up from the mat and offered her hand to help Seungwan stand up as well. The sun already set and Joohyun wants to bring Seungwan into their home to rest and call it a day finally. "Where are we going eonnie?" Seungwan's voice was soft as she stood up and watched Joohyun fold the mat. The older lady smiles at her before she grabs Seungwan's wrist. 

"You need to rest, let's go home. I'll prepare a nice and heavy dinner for you." Seungwan can only smile as she felt Joohyun dragging her in the direction of her car. There was this amount of happiness that makes Seungwan smile bright, her eyes were focused on Joohyun who opened the door for her. 

Seungwan doesn't know and understand, her eyes were focused on the different frames inside the house. There was a soft smile present on her face when she saw photos of Joohyun's mom. "Did you photograph these photos eonnie?" Joohyun who is now busy with the meat nodded her head and hummed in response to what Seungwan asked. 

"That was her when we were doing the stuff that she wanted to do as well." Joohyun smiles as she saw Seungwan's eyes meet hers. There was a glint of hope within her eyes as she tried to read the thoughts that runs into Seungwan's mind. 

"Will you display my photos too once I'm gone?"  Joohyun was caught off-guard by what Seungwan said, there was a bit of sadness within the eyes of the blonde. It made Joohyun feel defeated, but all she can do right now is to smile. 

"I will, I want to see your memories beside my mom."  Seungwan smiles as she went near the photographer, she wants to give the older lady a tight hug but she just can't do it. A hint of hesitation was seen in her eyes as she continues to stare over the older lady. 

"Eonnie? Can I hug you?" Seungwan's voice was soft as she stares over Joohyun who only chuckled softly before she wraps her arms around Seungwan. There was a short moment of silence before Seungwan finds the right words to say right now. "Thank you for giving me reasons to look forward to each day." Joohyun breathes out before she pats Seungwan's head. There was a soft smile that is present on the older lady's lips. 

"I'll make sure to give you the happiest moments of your life Seungwan. Now let's eat before the meat gets cold!" Seungwan's giggle was heard as Joohyun immediately pulls her to sit on the chair, the meat was so appetizing and Seungwan swears it's been a while since she last had a very decent meal. 

Seungwan admires how Joohyun was bright as she placed some more food on her plate, she admires how Joohyun can still be this bright when her mom already left. "Eonnie?"  Joohyun's gaze went towards the younger one, there was a soft smile which was seen on her face. "On the day that I'll be gone, I hope that you can still smile this bright. Promise me that please?" Joohyun's heart broke, she can see how Seungwan already accepted her fate, the older girl reaches for the piece of meat before she slides it inside Seungwan's mouth. 

"Let's not talk about that for now Seungwan-ah come on! You need to be happy we are going to lots of places." Joohyun smiles before she continues to cook the meat, there were lots of thoughts. 

Joohyun can only internally sigh before she thinks of how to make Seungwan's remaining days better. 

-

Seungwan wakes up when she felt a soft pat on her head, the blonde groans before she snuggles into the warmth of the blanket. "Eonnie, I still want to sleep."  Seungwan's voice was low as she keeps her eyes closed. The brunette chuckles softly before she pats Seungwan's shoulders. 

"We have a lot of stuff to do! Come on, wake up sleepy head." the older of the two was smiling as she watches how Seungwan blinks her eyes slowly, the girl was still lying down on the bed while gripping the blanket. "Good morning Seungwan, rise, and shine. You are going to see the beautiful places in Jeju."  Seungwan lazily sits up on the bed and the sight was so cute for Joohyun. Her blonde hair was a mess and her eyes looks so sleepy. "Freshen up hmm? I made breakfast too. Come on! I'm sure that you'll enjoy this." the blonde surrenders and even raised her hand before she nods her head, Joohyun chuckles at this gesture and watched how Seungwan goes inside the bathroom. 

The photographer breathes out before she went back into the kitchen, the memory of her mom flashed back and it made her gaze go towards the photographs in their living room. With a sudden pause, Joohyun remembers how she spent the remaining days with her mom cooking and having fun. A soft smile registered on her lips before she placed the bowl of rice on their table. Joohyun's eyes drifted to the door that just opened. "Eonnie sorry for making you and the food wait." Joohyun shook her head and gestured for Seungwan to sit down on one of the chairs. The blonde looks around before she flashed a soft smile at Joohyun. 

"Oh... my sister is studying in Seoul right now, she's a university student there right now. So I live alone here in Jeju." Joohyun immediately picks up Seungwan's thoughts and that made the blonde girl smile before she nods her head, the older of the two starts eating and that is the only time Seungwan started eating too. Joohyun watches how Seungwan's eyes were reacting to the meal that she prepared. It warms her heart to see Seungwan eating well. "Do you like it?" Seungwan nods her head before she points to the Abalone porridge. Joohyun knows that Seungwan will like that based on the food that they eat last night. 

"Eonnie this one is so good! You are a great cook too." Joohyun unconsciously raises her eyebrows a small habit that she does and that made Seungwan smile too. Seungwan reaches for a piece of egg roll before she eats it too. Every food on the table tastes so good and she feels so thankful because ever since she left their home to live on her own, Seungwan rarely eats homemade food unless Seulgi stays over for dinner where they will cook their meals. "It's been a long time since I sat down at a table with homemade foods." Joohyun's gaze went towards the girl in front of her. There is a small smile while she's looking at the side dishes. The sight broke Joohyun's heart. Seungwan gulps the lump on before she sips some water. "Well my family usually is so focused on work, my mom goes home very late, and my dad is always out of the country. The maids won't eat with me because they are scared of my parents. So I usually just go out to eat because I often feel lonely eating alone on that huge table." Joohyun watches how Seungwan chuckles and shook her head, the blonde grips her chopsticks before she starts eating, Joohyun knows how heavy the thoughts are running into Seungwan's mind now. "I can hardly  remember when was the last time I sat at a table to eat with my whole family." Joohyun smiles in defeat, she watches how Seungwan continues to eat but she can see the sadness in her eyes. Joohyun slowly reaches for her hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Don't worry! From now on, you will eat with me and you won't even eat alone." Seungwan lightly smiles and Joohyun raised her thumbs. The older woman even gestures to Seungwan to continue eating which the girl gladly did. After the said meal, Seungwan offered to wash the dishes but Joohyun still stood beside her watching her with a smile on her face. 

"Eonnie you can start preparing so we can go out." Joohyun shook her head and giggled softly, she even sits on the kitchen counter while holding her camera. The photographer smiles before she snapped a photo of Seunwan while wearing blue gloves, the smaller girl grins and splashes a small amount of water on Joohyun. The photographer jumps off the counter and laughs before she placed her camera on the table. 

"Let me help you and wipe off those." Seungwan smiles as she diverts her attention to Joohyun for a while. Seungwan finds it amusing that an almost stranger to her is making her heavy feelings vanish in a snap, the thoughts that bother her are like a bubble that just exploded and suddenly all Seungwan can feel is the lightness and the feeling of being home. "Seungwan are you slacking off?" Seungwan shook her head before she immediately starts washing and scrubbing the utensils that they used. Joohyun's soft laugh was also heard when she saw how flustered the girl beside her is. "After this, we will first go to ride a submarine, you can see lots of fish and even shipwrecks! Then I'll tell you the rest later hmm?" the excitement on Joohyun's voice brought a smile to Seungwan's face before she splashes a small amount of water on Joohyun's face. 

Seungwan's eyes widen when the water hit directly into Joohyun's eyes, making her groan. The blonde panics as she removes the gloves before she cupped Joohyun's face. The brunette was wiping her eyes. "Eonnie let me see? Are you okay? I'm sorry eonnie." Joohyun shook her head as she slowly opens her eyes, there was a thump in her heart when she saw Seungwan's eyes, it was filled with worries and she can see how apologetic the younger one is. The proximity of their faces is enough to make her gulp, she can really see how angelic and how beautiful Seungwan is right now.  A blush slowly crept into Joohyun's face, her breathing became heavier as the close proximity continues. "Eonnie I'm so sorry, I just want to be playful I didn't mean to hurt you." Seungwan moves her face closer to her earning a gasp from Joohyun. She closed her eyes when she felt Seungwan blow some air on her eye. "Does it hurts eonnie?" Joohyun gulps the lump before she immediately shook her head. 

"I...I'm okay Seungwan. It's okay accidents happen. C..come on! We should start preparing!" Joohyun immediately drifts away before she went inside her bedroom leaving Seungwan there staring at the door. The blonde shrugs before she went inside her bedroom too. She was just about to start preparing to head out when her phone started ringing and it was a call from her best friend Seulgi. 

"Oh Seungwan-ah, how's Jeju so far?" Seulgi's voice was filled with hope, Seungwan on the other hand ends up sitting on the bed before she reached for her shoes. The blonde breathes out before she stares at the empty space. 

"Joohyun eonnie is a great person. I love her company." Seulgi shifted in her seat upon hearing Seungwan's answer. It's a rare sight for her to see that her friend is enjoying a stranger's company given that Seungwan is an introvert who prefers to go on places alone and even prefers to stay at home. "She's a good cook too, she knows how to keep me accompanied. Thank you for letting me meet her Seulgi." Seungwan placed her phone down and on speaker mode as she starts prepa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter