Feelings Untold (Oneshot)

Feelings Untold

You are friends with Eunkwang, and he’s having his musical play today, so he invited you to come and watch it. He even said that after the play, you can go straight backstage and wait there for him along with his friends. Little did you know, the friends he was referring to were Minhyuk, Hyunsik, and Sungjae. 


 

After the play, holding a bouquet in hand as a congratulatory gift, you headed backstage, and to your surprise, there was your other friend, Minhyuk, whom you liked for years. Well, ever since Eunkwang introduced the two of you back in 2018, you started to feel butterflies in your stomach whenever he was around.


 

“Minhyuk!” Minhyuk turned to you and smiled then pointed at the seat beside him “He’s gonna come here soon, his manager said. They’re just taking photos.” you just nodded and said your thanks then proceeded to sit next to him. You were just casually talking to Minhyuk like you always used to do, unconsciously clinging your hand on his arms and looking like a couple. Everyone knows what you really feel about Minhyuk, especially Sungjae who caught you red-handed taking pictures of Minhyuk while the latter is talking with Eunkwang across from him. But then, there’s Hyunsik, who is aloof towards you because he thinks that you’re being desperate and obvious. Well, why would you mind it when Minhyuk is not saying anything and sometimes the one who initiates the skinship or what.


 

Eunkwang entered the room and immediately grins as he eyed you and Minhyuk. “Hey!” Everyone was startled by how loud Eunkwang’s voice was, and approached Eunkwang’s direction and said their congratulations. When it was your turn to congratulate him, Eunkwang grinned and teasingly raised his eyebrows before asking, “You came together? Wah, I can’t believe there’s progress in your relationship.” and then laughed. “Silly! There isn’t! Still friends, well you know.” you replied defensively and looked back and forth at the three to check if they heard, especially Minhyuk who was busy talking to others. “Yeah, yeah. Same Hyunsik problem.” 


 

“Not a total problem, you know perfectly well what I’m talking about and I’m finding a perfe—” you were cut off when Minhyuk approached the two of you. He placed his arm around your shoulder, you flinched for a second at the sudden gesture then you heard Minhyuk speak “Where are we gonna eat for another success of your play, Director Seo?” they both laughed at the remark because they all knew that when you call Eunkwang Director Seo, it means you’re telling him that he should treat you dinner. “You fool! You already know where!” Minhyuk just laughed it off and looked back to Hyunsik and Sungjae then to the manager “Oh Hyung before I forgot, can you take a picture of us?” pointing to the five of them.






 


 

The five of you are at your go-to restaurant, patiently waiting for your order to arrive. You glanced at your side and saw Minhyuk having a conversation with Eunkwang about the play. Well, as you always do, you secretly take a picture of him. His side profile is perfect you’re so amazed by it. And then there’s your favorite Dongsaeng, Sungjae who always catches and teases you. “Noona, why don’t you just ask Minhyuk Hyung to take a picture with you? Instead of taking stolen pictures of him, gosh.” whispering and with matching facepalm as if so disappointed. “Yah! You know I’m shy to ask him first. Just support me please, you know my situation, really.” you sighed then pretends to poke him with a fork.


 

“Of course Noona, you have my support! Although Hyunsik Hyung is kinda like that with you.” you felt speechless to Sungjae’s reply and eyed the person in front of you, which you are hundred percent sure is glaring at you, Hyunsik.


 

In all honesty, you didn’t know why the hell Hyunsik is always aloof and glaring at you. That’s the number one reason why you can’t make a move on Minhyuk because you feel conscious and wary when there’s Hyunsik around you. Minhyuk and Hyunsik were friends first before you enter their circle and it’s hard to be unbothered about it because you feel like there’s tension between the two of them when you are present. And you didn’t like it.  It wasn’t like that at first, Hyunsik will smile and looked at you warmly before, but ever since the telltale Sungjae told them about your crush on Minhyuk, everything has changed.  Of course, you tried to approach Hyunsik but then, cold treatment welcomed you. So, you just shrugged it off and wait for Hyunsik to talk to you, well if not, so be it. That’s why until now after almost 4 years, you still can’t confess to Minhyuk and vice versa. But then, Minhyuk is also part of the problem as he is not saying anything. He’s just giving you hint and well, you may get the wrong ideas and such. But who knows, right?


 

“Nabi, you should eat more. Here, you should have this, it’s your favorite right?” then Minhyuk placed the bite-size meats on your plate. You were quite surprised and there were the butterflies on your stomach because that’s the first time Minhyuk did that, slicing the meat into bitesize, you confusedly stare at the meat and Minhyuk back and forth. Eyes questioning the latter but he just laughed and poured you a cup of water.  “Really Nabi, just eat.” Minhyuk sighed and just signaled you to continue eating, and then continue his conversation with Eunkwang.


 

“Are you really sure that Minhyuk Hyung is not courting you? Noona, you two act like a couple and it’s an eyesore, wah.” Sungjae whispered. “Unfortunately no, so please Sungjae let me eat in peace.” you bitterly replied which made the younger quiet. You drank the water that Minhyuk poured for you, and you don’t know why but you got choked by the water that made you cough non-stop. 

 

Worry is evident on the faces of your four companions as they asked what happen and if you’re alright. Minhyuk was about to ask for a tissue from the waiter when Hyunsik reached to hand you his handkerchief. Well, because of the situation, you just accepted and nodded as a way of saying thanks. 


 

As you calmed down, you glanced at Minhyuk and saw how his eyes glare at Hyunsik, and the tension at the table is very disturbing, especially to Eunkwang, the person who knew all. As an observing person, Eunkwang knew all even though you haven’t said anything. You kicked Eunkwang’s foot under the table and he already knows what to do.


 

“Hyunsik, can you order desserts? I can finally eat ice cream waaah.” an off-topic to relieve tension. Hyunsik glanced at him and then just called the waiter to order. As Eunkwang glanced at you, you mouthed a small ‘thank you’. 











 



 

After dinner, as you always do. You rode Minhyuk’s car for him to drive you home. It’s always the routine whenever you go out, with him or not. He will fetch you wherever you are just to get you home safely. 


 

The drive home is unusually quiet and it’s making you uncomfortable. You’ll look back and forth to Minhyuk and the road in front of you. Thinking if you should initiate or start the conversation when it’s always Minhyuk who does that. 


 

“What are you thinking? Just look at me.” you were startled when Minhyuk spoke after being so quiet for thirty minutes. “W-what? I’m-I’m not looking at you, I’m looking a-at the road.” you stuttered and shakes your head defensively. “Do you really like Hyunsik?” he asked, eyes still focused on the road. 


 

What? Why suddenly ask about Hyunsik? 


 

“Hey Nabi, do you really like Hyunsik?” he repeats


 

You just kept silent as you are so confused about the sudden question... Your mind started to get clouded with questions. What the hell? What is he talking about? Why Hyunsik? What’s happening? Why can’t I read Minhyuk’s mind just for a moment? 


 

‘Nabi’... Gosh, why am I hearing my name in my mind? ‘Hey Nabi’, again.

‘Nabi, hey. We’re here... What? What ‘we’re here?


 

Your train of questions got cut when a hand cupped your face, thumbing your cheeks. So, you turned to look at him.


 

“I said, we’re here. Why are you so spaced out?” and there’s Minhyuk, gently rubbing his thumb in your cheeks as if it's the most precious in the world. “What?” and then you looked at the side and saw your gate. Ah, we arrived already. “Oh, I didn’t notice, sorry. I’ll get off now,” you added and then quickly unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the car door to get off. 


 

When you’re about to wave goodbye and say take care, Minhyuk rolled the car window down and spoke. “You didn’t answer my question, I guess it’s a yes. Go inside now, good night Nabi.” Before you even utter a word, the car window rolled up. Minhyuk’s car left and you just stared at the back of it until it was gone of your sight. You were left dumbfounded, thinking that it would be the chance to confess and tell him that you really loved him.


 

You slightly smacked your head and said Wah, Nabi you’re so stupid.


 

And that was the last time you saw and hear from Minhyuk.







 

 

3 months later.

 

“Noona! Here!” with matching waving his hand for you to see them in the big crowd. You smiled as you see your favorite Dongsaeng, Sungjae. It’s been three months since the last time you saw each other, due to busy schedules and such. It’s hard to have famous friends, you’ll barely contact each other. Today it was another musical show played by Eunkwang and as usual, you are invited.


 

The moment you received the invitation a few days ago, you hesitated if you should go or not because you know you’ll see the person who ghosted you three months ago. But then, you received a text from Eunkwang, telling you to go because if not, he’ll sulk and will never see you again. Wah, to have a sulky friend it is. So here you are now, walking towards the two people, and dear Lord, you know whose back is that. Your heart started to beat rapidly as you approach them, four steps. You slowly walked and just looked straight ahead at the back of the person whom you miss the most. 


 

“Noona watch out!” Sungjae screamed at you as you stepped into the spilled drink on the floor. It’s too late for you now, so you closed your eyes. But, to your surprise, you felt strong and firm arms at your back that avoided you to slip. When you opened your eyes, you saw Hyunsik. “Nabi, you really need to look where you’re going. You’re always spacing out.” Hyunsik said and helped you stand properly then made your way to the two people waiting. 


 

“Thank God, Hyunsik Hyung is there! Really Noona!” Sungjae scolded you as if he were older than you. As you laughed at Sungjae’s remarks, you glanced at the man standing beside him. 


 

Minhyuk. He was staring at you intently, then asked.


 

“You alright?” You felt a throb in your heart as you heard his voice for the first time again. I missed you. I missed you so much. Those were the words you really want to say but can’t. You even can’t utter the word, ‘Yes, I’m alright.’ You can’t find your voice at the moment so you just nodded. When Sungjae felt the quiet atmosphere, he nudged Hyunsik and asked something.


 

“Hyung, why are you late? You even didn’t answer my calls when I was about to pick you up so we can go three together!” Sungjae complained. “You little, I’m not home! I came from Gyeoul’s!” Hyunsik answered and smacked Sungjae’s arm. “Yeah yeah, always Gyeoul. Ever since you two dated you rarely hang out with me! You know that Eunkwang and Minhyuk Hyung are busy!” You laughed at Sungjae’s complaint and how sulky he is, so you a little “Aww our little Sungjae being sulky because his Hyungs didn’t give him attention.” 


 

“You also Noona! You never reached out to me! I know you are busy but at least spare me a minute just to reply you know? I’ll ask Minhyuk Hyung about you but he will just shrug me off!” Sungjae’s complaint to you made you quiet, especially when he mentioned Minhyuk. 


 

Minhyuk just looked at them confusingly and then asked, “Who’s Gyeoul?” 


 

“Hyung, you didn’t know? Hyunsik Hyung have a girlfriend! They’ve been dating for almost two months! I thought you already know as Eunkwang Hyung introduced the two of them at the party last time!” Sungjae answered instead of Hyunsik. And Minhyuk, still confused, furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Hyunsik and asked again, “What? I thought you’re dating Nabi?” 


 

“What?” both you and Hyunsik answered. “No, we're not, Hyung. Well, maybe it’s time for us to talk.”  then Hyunsik looked at you. “And you need to talk too with Minhyuk Hyung too.” 


 

“What?” and now it’s you and Minhyuk who answered the same. You two looked at each other for a second then turned away. “Yeah, I think they really need it. Gosh, so many misunderstandings!” Eunkwang suddenly appeared and placed his arms on Minhyuk’s shoulder, giving him a nudge as if to say that he can do it. Minhyuk just looked at you and smiled weakly.














 



 

“Yah! Every after my play, you give me flowers or gifts! How come I didn’t receive anything now?” The five of you are now in a restaurant and as usual celebratory dinner for another successful play. But Eunkwang is complaining about receiving nothing from all of you. “I said sorry because I got caught up at work and I even almost didn’t make it!” you replied because you know how Eunkwang is disappointed. But the reply you got was a pout. Gosh, Eunkwang! You sighed “Fine! I’ll pay for dinner! That’s my gift, okay? Now, remove that pout!” Eunkwang laughed and formed his finger into a heart and mouthed an ‘I love you, my friend’


 

You just rolled your eyes because you know that Eunkwang’s just being a softie friend. 


 

“Noona, I really missed you, there was no one who will defend me from Hyung’s teasing. You’re the only one who cares about me, but these last three months, I’ve never seen you.” And if before Eunkwang is the one pouting? Now it’s Sungjae. “Aww, Noona is sorry. I’m just busy, you know stuff,” you replied bitterly. 


 

“She’s busy when it comes to you Sungjae! Hahaha, we met a few times for coffee and such, Bleh!” Hyunsik teased and even stick his tongue out, which made Sungjae roll his eyes at him. “See? You met up with Hyung but not with me! Hmmph!” you really don’t know if Sungjae is 28 or 15, such a moody Dongsaeng. “Yah Hyunsik! Stop it!” and tapped Hyunsik’s arms beside her. “We just talked some things and stuff and that’s it. The last was last month,” you added and glanced to Minhyuk who is watching and listening to your conversation with the two.
















 

 

Minhyuk’s side [3rd Person POV]



 

“Just talk to her, man” Eunkwang whispered while Minhyuk is staring at Nabi in front of him. Seeing Nabi smile made him happy. But there’s one question in his mind ever since he met Nabi again.


 

Why aren’t Nabi and Hyunsik dating? 


 

“Hey, man up Minhyuk. I know what happened, Hyunsik told me about it,” Eunkwang continued and there Minhyuk raises his eyebrow at him right after he heard the latter. “What do you mean?” 


 

“Really Minhyuk? You ghosted her just because she hasn’t answered your question?” In that, Minhyuk was shocked and looked at Nabi for a moment then turned back to Eunkwang who gave him a smirk. “Let’s talk for a moment outside.” Minhyuk stood up after he said that and Eunkwang followed him, making up an excuse to the three who were confused as to why.


 

“What else do you know?” as soon as they went outside, Minhyuk asked him. “Chill man, it’s just that I’m worried about Nabi, and Hyunsik accidentally mentioned that he met up with Nabi. And there, I asked ‘cause after the dinner last time, I never heard anything from her. She’s my friend, Minhyuk and I’m worried that she suddenly can’t be reached.” Eunkwang explained and facepalm as he was so stressed about the situation of his two friends, “And what’s more surprising is? You can’t be contacted at all too, I barely see you. If not for our same schedule, I will not see you. So, tell me, what really happened to the two of you? I really thought that there’s progress!” he added.


 

“She liked Hyunsik, Hyung. So I step aside. It hurts, Hyung.” Minhyuk simply replied and Eunkwang noticed Minhyuk’s eyes glisten in tears when the latter looked up at him. “Oh my Minhyuk, why are you crying?” Eunkwang worriedly asked.


 

“Cause, I-I” Minhyuk can’t stop the tears because this is the first time he cried and all the harboring pain for the last three months. This is the first time he cried about it.


 

“What? I’ll listen. I know you when you call me Hyung.” Eunkwang said as he rubbed Minhyuk’s back. As the oldest in the circle, Eunkwang is their go-to person when they have problems or troubles, he will always be there to listen and help them. That’s how much he loves his friends as he considered them his family too. 


 

“I l-love her, Hyung. Ever since I met her, I just want to love and protect her. I treasure her so much that sometimes I thought that I might scare her because of what I’m doing to her. I want to take care of her. At first, I thought that it was just a sudden rush in my heart because she was new in our circle and she’s so kind and a jolly person but no, I started to like her at first, and now I love her. I love Nabi so much that it hurts whenever I see her glance at Hyunsik. Then every time I see Hyunsik staring at her with loving eyes, I feel like I lost already. He is my friend, I considered him my brother too, so I stepped aside because I want to see him happy too. You know that it makes me happy too whenever I see my friends happy. But it hurts, Hyung, so much that I want to just disappear and start anew.” Minhyuk wiped his tears then, “The moment I asked her about Hyunsik, she became quiet. And there, I thought ‘Ah, it’s my sign to stop’. To stop my feelings for her because the more it grows, it will become more painful. The moment I cupped her face that night, I really want to kiss and hug her that moment and say that I love her, that I really love her. I wanted to say ‘I love you, Nabi. Please be it me.’ but I can’t, it’s so painful, Hyung.” Minhyuk’s tears flowed again as he remembered the night he left Nabi’s subdivision with a broken heart.


 

Eunkwang was about to say something when he saw Nabi, eyes glistening in tears too. 


 

She heard it all, the moment Eunkwang and Minhyuk left, she followed the two. Which Nabi didn’t regret doing because now she finally heard Minhyuk’s side.


 

“You...you love me too?” Nabi spoke and Minhyuk turned his head quickly at his back where Nabi is standing, her face covered in tears.


 

“What?... ‘too’? Minhyuk confusedly asked as he approached Nabi. 


 

Nabi, on the other hand, was still shocked and crying. She can’t stop her tears as she heard Minhyuk’s love confession. She’s overjoyed but at the same time, hurt. Because, why does it come to this? Even to the point of hurting each other unknowingly. Do they need to go through something painful first before knowing their real feelings for each other? Why?


 

Eunkwang patted Minhyuk’s shoulder and whispered “You need to talk man, I’ll leave the two of you.” then passed through them. And Nabi approached Minhyuk who is looking down.


 

“Minhyuk…did I hear that right?” Nabi asked


 

Minhyuk can’t find his voice to reply to this it wasn’t he expected Nabi to know his feelings. 


 

Meanwhile, Nabi, waiting for his response, as she thinks that Minhyuk doesn’t want to speak, she spoke again.


 

“You know what Minhyuk, I’m happy. I’m happy that I heard you say you love me too. You don’t know how happy my heart is right now. I’ve been waiting for this, why did you make me wait long?”


 

Nabi’s words made Minhyuk look at her, in her eyes. And he can see, Nabi’s eyes that looked so happy but at the same time, hurt. She smiled at him when their eyes meet, and Nabi reached for his face and cupped his cheeks.


 

“I love you, I really love you, Minhyuk,” Nabi confessed and smiled. As she smiled, a tear escaped from her eyes. “M-me too, Nabi.” Ah, and finally. Minhyuk finally found his voice. “I love you, Nabi, so much.” he finally confessed to her. Their confessions made their eyes water, tears of joy because finally, their feelings reached each other. 


 

“Nabi, let’s talk. And please, stop crying, I don’t want to see you crying.” he reached for Nabi’s eyes and wiped her tears. “You know that this is because of you! You made me cry!” Nabi whined and holds Minhyuk’s hand in her face. “Haha, you will look ugly if you continue crying.” Minhyuk teased and laughed as Nabi rolled her eyes and released his hands. “Kidding, I missed you, Nabi.” he hugged her tightly as if Nabi will disappear. “I missed you too, so much,” she replied and hugged him back.


 

Still, in a hug, Minhyuk asked Nabi if she wants to leave and talk somewhere privately. Nabi nodded and suggested to go Han River as it is their go-to place and escape from their busy schedules.









 


 

They were now in Han River, but they decided to stay inside the car as it is cold outside. Only the weak sound of the river can be heard, as they are both quiet. Both are thinking about who should start the conversation and how they will sort out this misunderstanding. 


 

Minhyuk is thinking about how he will start, maybe ask first? Explain? To be honest, now that they are alone, he didn’t know what to do. He is nervous because this will be the first time they will talk again after three months. Three months might be a short time for others, but for Minhyuk, it feels so long, because he is having a hard time moving on. He went everywhere just for the sake of forgetting. Wherever he goes, he will be reminded and reminisce his moment with Nabi in that certain place. Their coffee shop hopping every morning, their late-night walks, how they spend their whole afternoon in a park, talking about music, cheap dates in the market whenever Nabi went to buy groceries, and many more. All he thinks about is Nabi because ever since he knew Nabi, they can’t be separated from each other. Looking like a great couple that they are but in reality, they are friends. His confession was long overdue and it took almost 4 years for him to confess to Nabi.



 

As to why? He really thought that Nabi and Hyunsik liked each other. Call him a coward for not trying to confess but that’s how he loves a person, their happiness will be his happiness too. 


 

“Why didn’t you wait for me to answer your question?” Nabi turned to look at Minhyuk who looked back at her as she spoke.


 

“I’m sorry, all these years, I really thought you liked Hyunsik. I felt scared. I kept giving signals and making moves but I feel like, you really liked him.” Finally, Minhyuk became honest as he answered Nabi’s question. He decided that he will become honest and patient with Nabi to avoid misunderstanding in the future.


 

“No, I don’t Minhyuk. It’s you who I liked, well love.” Nabi answered and looked away as she feel embarrassed.


 

Minhyuk looked at her lovingly, “Then why did you keep quiet? You know what, I thought to myself that night that when you answered yes, I will stop and distance myself from the two of you. The moment you kept silent, I took it as a yes ‘cause I don’t know how will it hurt when I hear you actually say yes.”


 

“Because I’m thinking about why did Hyunsik get into the conversation? Like, I’m processing your sudden question to me because how come you think that? My feelings are very, very, obvious and I don’t know why you’re so dumb not to notice it.” Nabi looked at his eyes again, pain was evident in her eyes as she remembered that night. “And the way you act around me? I also thought about that! I don’t want to assume because you kept giving me mixed signals! What am I supposed to think? You’re such a coward. Then that night, you just left me, you left me dumbfounded. I never saw you again, no texts, calls and you blocked me from your social media! How am I supposed to reach you?” Nabi continuously talked as if she saved all of it when this day happen. The day when they will talk, again. 


 

Minhyuk saw Nabi’s eyes pooling in tears, so he wiped them and held her hand.


 

“I’m sorry Nabi, can you give me another chance? I will make it right, this time. I know I’m wrong for not hearing your side before leaving you, it’s just that I can’t take it anymore. I’m also wrong for not saying anything when I’m giving you mixed signals. I should’ve told you how much I love you, so we didn’t come to this point. I hurt you, Nabi and I’m really sorry. Please give me another chance.” Minhyuk said while caressing Nabi’s hand.


 

“That’s the thing Minhyuk, you ghosted me. We haven’t started anything yet, but it ended already. Do you know how much it hurts? After that night, I started to hate myself and every day I regretted not telling you that I love you, I blamed myself for not being brave. But after talking to Hyunsik, I realized that it’s not only me, it’s also you who didn’t even bother to wait for my answer. You know, it hurts so much. I started to hate you too as you really deserve it but I can’t. You’re my person, my home, I feel comfortable with you, you became my diary because you never get tired listening to my rants, whenever I vent out to you, you made me calm. So those times that I am hurt, I have no one.” Nabi exclaimed but not removing Minhyuk’s hand from hers.


 

“I know you hate people who always say sorry, but I’m sorry Nabi. I know my sorry is not enough and I deserve all the hate and your anger towards me but can I have another chance? Can we have another chance? I will make up for those days that I left you, and love you, this time, I’ll not be scared and have no more doubts. Just you and me.” 

 

Waiting for the latter’s reply, Minhyuk stared at Nabi for a long time, studying his beautiful features. He missed looking at Nabi, he had never seen this for three months. He loved it when Nabi smiled because her eyes are smiling too, a genuine smile. 


 

He had never seen as beautiful as Nabi.


 

“One last favor Minhyuk, can you tell me again that you love me?” 


 

Last? Minhyuk thought but still answered, “I love you. I love you so much, Nabi.”


 

And with that, Nabi caressed Minhyuk’s cheeks and pressed her lips onto his lips, which made the latter startled for a moment, and kissed her back. Minhyuk held Nabi’s hand on his face and kissed her passionately as he thought it was Nabi’s answer for their chance to try again.


 

At least, that’s what Minhyuk thought.








 


 

After that night, he took Nabi home, and that was the last time he saw her. He’s right for hugging Nabi tightly and shouldn’t let go of her that night because she will disappear. And now, she disappeared.


 

It’s been a week, and Nabi never replied to her texts and calls. He can’t go to Nabi’s house because he became busy preparing for his digital single and his upcoming drama. He just thinks that Nabi has been busy too as being a manager is really a busy job. 




 

He arrived at the studio, early in the morning and he saw Hyunsik talking to someone on the phone. As he was approaching, he heard the latter mention Nabi’s name.


 

“Yah Nabi, you always bully me!” Minhyuk froze at the mention of Nabi’s name. “Just take care, gosh, you don’t need to remind me about it!”  “Why don’t you ask him? I thought you two talked already?”   “You’re making my head hurt Na–” Hyunsik stopped talking when he saw Minhyuk looking at him when he turned the swivel chair around. He slightly panicked as he immediately ended the call and did not mind the confused Nabi on the other line.


 

“Hyung”  Hyunsik said


 

“Were you talking to Nabi?” Minhyuk asked


 

“Yeah. Look Hyung, let’s talk for a moment.” Hyunsik suggested and Minhyuk sat at the swivel chair beside him


 

“Sure, I’ve been wanting to talk to you too.” 


 

Hyunsik looked at Minhyuk’s eyes and explained. 


 

It was after two weeks, that Minhyuk left Nabi dumbfounded. Nabi called him to meet up with her and Hyunsik hesitated for a moment because it was really late at night, but he still met up with her.


 

He saw Nabi with puffy eyes like she just finished crying. Of course, he became worried and hugged the latter immediately as he thinks that, it was what Nabi really needed at that moment. When the latter calmed down, Hyunsik asked her what happened. So, she told him all of what happened as if they were really close. It startled Hyunsik because he has never seen Nabi that talkative towards her. What surprised Hyunsik more is what Nabi revealed.


 

“He left me, Minhyuk left me because he thought I liked you. He didn’t even bother to wait for my answer, and now he ghosted me! It hurts so much.” Nabi said


 

Yes, Hyunsik liked Nabi but he have no plans of confessing at all because he knew how his Minhyuk-Hyung loves Nabi and the fact that he knew about what Nabi really feel towards Minhyuk. He’s contented on seeing her happy, that’s enough for him. But unconsciously, he became cold and created a distance for his Hyung to make a move on her. And to be honest, after a few dinners and bonds the five of them have, he realized how a sister figure Nabi is, he was amazed. But, he didn’t know how he’ll approach Nabi because he is used to avoiding and just looking at her. Plus the fact that his Minhyuk-Hyung is always with her so, he can’t approach her. Embarrassed, I think? Because he became cold towards Nabi. 


 

“Noona, I liked you yes, liked. Then when Sungjae told me, well accidentally told me that you like Hyung, I suddenly realized that my like is an admiration because you are a great Noona to Sungjae. I just didn’t know how can I approach you again so I just looked at you.” Hyunsik simply explained as he didn’t want to make her think more about the situation.


 

Nabi glared at her “Don’t call me Noona, gosh. I’m crying my heart out right now then you’ll call me Noona?! I’m just months old from you! And for you to know, you’re glaring at me! I can’t confess to Minhyuk because I thought you don’t like me! This is your fault!” Nabi retorted and looked at the outside of the cafe


 

“What?! No, I’m just looking! Gosh, blame my eyes not me!” Hyunsik defended and sighed


 

“But did Hyung text you?” Hyunsik asked as he is intently looking at Nabi whose eyes are pooling again in tears.


 

“No, nothing at all. Until now. He just left me with no explanations or such. Did you meet him?” Nabi replied while still looking afar


 

“No, I was busy and you’re lucky that I came out for you.” 


 

“Wow, thanks I guess. Well, it’s all my fault because I never confessed” 


 

“But based on what you told me, Hyung didn’t wait for your answer, right? So why is it all your fault?” Hyunsik questioned Nabi which made the latter quiet as her tears flow in her cheeks, for the nth again. 


 

“Noona it’s not all your fault okay? Hyung is to blame too ‘cause he’s impatient. That’s what I hate about him sometimes, when it comes to the important stuff, he is so impatient.”


 

Nabi looked at him with a sad expression and it makes Hyunsik’s heartache too because he doesn’t like the people around him sad and crying.


 

“If you don’t get it, I’ll say it again. It’s not all your fault, okay? Hyung is at fault too. I’ll talk to him when I see him.” Hyunsik said to soothe her for a while


 

“Sure, but still it hurts. What if we became okay again and when something happens again, he will just leave me? Not giving me the time to talk and explain. I hate that.”Nabi looked down as she really hate it when someone will leave him, especially Minhyuk. Yet, it still happened.


 

“Everyone hated to be left alone,” Hyunsik commented


 

“Yeah, it hurts,” Nabi replied


 

“But Noona, when you meet again. Please talk, let Hyung explain. I’m sure he has reasons too.” 


 

“I thought you’re on my side? Why are you defending him?” Nabi glared at Hyunsik who is just smiling at him


 

“I know Hyung, and I think you need to talk when you meet again.”


 

“Tsk, fine. Yeah sure, when I meet him, again lol.” Nabi chuckled bitterly as she looked away again to look outside


 

“Well in the meantime, I can be your companion. Just text me, Noona. So that we can be close too, I’m sorry for being cold towards you hehe” Hyunsik said and formed his fingers into a heart, Nabi looked at him and laugh weakly and smiled.





 

“So that was it Hyung. I’m sorry too for the misunderstanding.” Hyunsik said as he was done explaining what really happened.


 

“I understand now. How about these past few days? Did she mention me?” Minhyuk asked 


 

“The night you dropped her home, Noona called and just said, she needed some space. I don’t know what space she needed is for but I just let her be. Give her time Hyung. I think she was overwhelmed by what happened and I think she’s still scared. Just give her time, wait for her Hyung.” Hyunsik said as he patted Minhyuk’s shoulder


 

“Of course, I will. Thanks for talking to me and I hope there’s no tension between us anymore.” Minhyuk patted his shoulder too.


 

“Hyung there’s no tension, you’re just jealous!” Hyunsik and laughed


 

“Oh my, my two baby brothers are okay now,” Eunkwang commented. The two were startled because how long has been Eunkwang watching them?


 

“Yah Hyung, we didn’t fight! Hyung is just jealous!” Hyunsik teased and approached the laughing Eunkwang at the door.


 

“You two!” Minhyuk said and stood up to run after the two.


 

Minhyuk thought, finally. No more misunderstanding.











 



 

Later that night, Minhyuk is on his way home when he heard his phone ding as he received a text message.


 

Nabi:

 

I’m at the Han River, I’ll wait for you.


 

Minhyuk checked the time and he saw it is 1:43 a.m. It is late and Nabi is alone at the Han River so he immediately takes a U-Turn and made his way.



 

Minhyuk arrived at the Han River after 10 minutes and he saw Nabi sitting at the side, who looks like she was really waiting for someone. He goes out of the car and approached Nabi and gave his jacket. It is cold.


 

“Nabi what are you thinking waiting here late at night? What if something happens to you?” Minhyuk worriedly asked and Nabi just smiled at her


 

“Didn’t you miss me? I mi–” Nabi was cut off when Minhyuk hugged her tightly and whispered “I miss you so much” he placed his head on Nabi’s shoulder, “I miss you, please don’t disappear.” Nabi hugged her back tightly and then caress Minhyuk’s hair. She smiled.


 

“I won't,” Nabi answered and Minhyuk just buried his face in the latter’s shoulder as a response.


 

“Let’s go inside, it’s cold,” Minhyuk said and hold Nabi’s hand, and guiding her towards the car.




 

They are now seated and Minhyuk can’t keep his eyes out of Nabi. He stared at the latter lovingly and Nabi can feel Minhyuk’s overflowing feelings just from its eyes.


 

“I heard that you talked with Hyunsik. I’m relieved, so how’s the two of you?” Nabi started, not looking away from Minhyuk’s stare


 

“Yeah, and I’m truly sorry again for what happened. Hyunsik and I are fine now.” Nabi smiled at him and then he realized something.


 

“Wait, you needed space for Hyunsik and me to talk? To clear things out?” With that, Nabi nodded and saw the confused look on Minhyuk’s face.


 

“I want to see the both of you talk, just like the old times. I don’t want to feel tension and such between the two of you, that’s why I did that. So when we start again, everything is fine, and no more misunderstanding in the future. I want this another chance for us to be happy and memorable.” Nabi explained and caressed Minhyuk’s cheeks


 

“Waaah, here I thought it was really over. Thank you for giving us a chance, Nabi. I love you.” Minhyuk sighed and held Nabi’s hand on his face then kissed her passionately, deja vu.


 

The last time this kind of scenario happened, it was painful. But now, it’s a happy memory for Minhyuk and Nabi.




 

~FIN~