01.

Battle

Jungeun was strolling around the beach, enjoying the night breeze, before sitting down on the sand, a few feet away to keep her vulpix away from the water. She was staring at the endless ocean with a small smile until she heard a loud thud beside her. She looked at the source of noise and saw a fisher wincing in pain while rubbing her knees. The fisher looked up and made an eye contact with Jungeun.

 

"I, Fisher Jinsol, would like to battle!" The fisher said while standing up before throwing a pokeball in between them, a magikarp came out a few seconds later.

 

Jungeun let out a small gasp when she saw the fisher's face, staring at Jinsol as if she's paralyzed by some electric pokemon. Her vulpix nudged her, snapping her out of shock, and stood in front of her trainer, ready to battle the other pokemon.

 

Jungeun furrowed her eyebrows while standing up. "Didn't you just hurt yourself? are you sure you want to battle me?"

 

Jinsol nodded and let out an assuring smile before yelling out her first move. "Magikarp, use splash!"

 

Jungeun chuckled, knowing that this will be an easy battle if Jinsol is like the other fishers and their thousand of magikarp that can only do splash. "Vulpix, use tail whip."

 

The fisher groaned while pouting, arms crossed in front of her chest. "Are you underestimating my magikarp, miss? You do remember magikarps can learn tackle right?"

 

Feeling bold, Jungeun shook her head and winked. "It's Jungeun. Also, maybe I just want to spend more time with a pretty woman like you."

 

Jinsol choked before yelling out the same move, which Jungeun did the same. Their battle went for quite a while before Jinsol huffed and took magikarp back to the pokeball, changing it to gyarados.

 

Jungeun gasped and glared at the other woman, feeling betrayed by the sudden change when she only brought vulpix with her. "Gyarados? Really Jinsol?"

 

"Vulpix, use take down!" The move seem to be effective as they can see gyarados being more tired than before but not enough to beat her in one turn. Jungeun knew any water move from the other girl would make her vulpix faint.

 

"Gyarados, use hydro pump!" Big pump of water came out from gyarados' mouth, hitting vulpix, making the latter fainted and went back to the pokeball.

 

Jinsol did a little victory dance before walking over to the sulking loser that's too busy try to take out some cash from her purse as the reward for the winner. She pulled Jungeun away from the beach, walking back to the city.

 

"Hey! Where are you taking me!" Jinsol ignored her and stopped by the pokemon center, getting inside so Jungeun can heal her pokemon. "We're going to eat dinner."

 

Jungeun snapped her head toward the other woman, confused and in disbelief. "H-Huh? Dinner?"

 

Jinsol hummed and intertwined their hands, leading Jungeun to her favorite restaurant.

 

"Yeah, you said you want to spend more time with me. And the feeling is mutual." Jinsol beamed before nudging Jungeun lightly.

 

"Also, I heard beauties are rich and I definitely don't have the money to go to my favorite restaurant alone. So, why not enjoy my favorite foods and the company from an attractive woman at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone, right?"

 

Jungeun smiled amusedly. She knew this would be one of her best night and this won't be their last dinner together.

 


A/N: I would really appreciate it if you guys leave some feedbacks in the comments. Thank you for reading this!