End.

Sweet memories

 

“Time, don’t pass, so that she can come back…”

 

 

Another year has passed…Another year since she left. Without biding any goodbyes. Without a word.

We met when we were kids, she 8 and I were 10, she was the sweetest girl I’ve ever seen. Loving and kind…when I was sad she always knew how to make me smile.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Hoya oppa, are you okay?”

“Mhm, I’m okay…don’t mind me.”

“Oppa, smile neh? Here, have a candy!”

 

I still remember her contagious smile and her lemon candies. I grew to love them. She had a little purse where she kept them and every time I was down, she used to give me one of those.

 

“Eick, they’re sour ~~~~-ah!”|

“Yeah, but when you’re feeling sour, they’ll sweeten you up!”

 

This little girl who used to give me candies grew up into a beautiful woman, who made my heart make tumbles every time she would look at me…..

After graduating high-school we both went for arts. It was our dream since forever. Her, a successful photographer, me, an amazing R&B dancer, and also her model. She used to call me her “muse”. While I was fiercely dancing, she was taking perfect shots. She captured my everything through her lenses. She captured my heart. And now, my heart is with her, somewhere around this world.

We were perfect for each other, although she couldn’t feel my whole heart; I was like a child around her. Looking in her blue eyes was more than enough for me, even if I would get a simple smooch on my left cheek, it made me feel like I’m floating on cloud 9. Chatting at the small Starbucks bar in the corner of my street was like my birthday and Christmas together. Time spent with her was priceless, considering that her work started to get quite popular and I was busy dancing at various contests, in underground clubs. Even with her busy schedule, she never missed them, not even one. She was in the audience, in first row rooting for me louder than the supporters of the Red Devils.

 

Until one day…

 

I didn’t got to see her in school anymore, she wasn’t coming at our special place either, her phone was off, she wasn’t responding to my e-mails…It was suffocating.

 

I was gradually going crazy, knowing that she wasn’t here anymore. At first I thought that maybe I’ve done something wrong to her. But no, we we’re getting better and better with every day.

I was calling her 3 times a day, to apologize and ask her to come back, desperately screaming and crying into the phone. No answer. Only her answering machine. Actually, I was calling her every day just to hear her voice one more time, because I didn’t knew when I will get to hear her again.

 

A few months later, I met her parents while roaming around the streets in HongDae. They were kind of worried about her, because she has not called them for like 4 months. They told me that she had left for Edinburgh with a scholarship to study visual arts and opened her own art gallery. Her photos were recognized all over Europe and now she also developed her own brand of photo objectives and brushes for painting.

After hearing all these, I went straight home and started to sob furiously while hitting walls. I was jealous. Maybe on her success, maybe for the fact that she left for a foreign country…

 

I got to the point of hating her.

 

How could she be so heartless leaving me alone, struggling by myself through my no, our university years… If she wouldn’t have left now maybe…

But after all who was the heartless one? I wanted her only for myself, not thinking about her. Stopping her from fulfilling her dream. I was too possessive and hasty.

After slapping myself mentally for my lack of sense, I gradually started to deal with the situation. Now all I have are bitter-sweet memories and a handful of lemon candies.

Ding Ding Ding!

 

“Oh, a text message.”

 

«Home is where the heart is...»

 

“What is this...”

 

 

(I’m singing my blues) paran nunmure paran seulpeume gildeulyeojyeo

(I’m singing my blues) tteunkureume nallyeobonaen sarang oh oh

 

 

“Hello?”

 

……

 

“Is anyone there?”

 

………

 

“Hello, please talk.”

“Howon-ah, I’m home….”

 

I know this voice….

 

“~~~~~~~-ah, is that you?”

“I’m home oppa, turn around.”

 

I can’t believe. It’s her. She finally came back, having her in my arms is almost surreal, I even forgot her smell. She hasn’t changed a bit.  She’s still the one I love.

 

“I missed you like crazy.”

“Me too, Howon-ah.”

………………………………………………….

 

Now we can get back our memories. Time has finally stopped. 

 

-FIN-