'Cause it's 12:51

[ONE-SHOT] 12:51

Mixed emotions.

 

That's what Jessica felt seeing him after all these years. Since they part ways. Life is ironic. Such a small world. She didn't have any idea that he's one of TaeYang's best friends. They met each other in those times that she felt so lost. Even though she knows that she have her friends and family to depend on. There were times that she don't want to be sheltered. She wanted to break free.

 

She took a deep breath. And look at him from afar. He's still the same after all these years. Gorgeous and still have that enigmatic smile. His signature smile.

 

"Jessie?" She heard a familiar voice beside her. It's Tiffany.

"Hey." She answered back with a smile.

"Are you alright?" Tiffany asked with a worried expression.

"Of course. Why?"

"Your expression.. And then seeing him here."

"Don't worry. I'm fine." She said to her and then look at him. "It's been years.."

"Yeah, 5 years to be exact." Tiffany added.

 

"Fany-ah~~ I don't know why I felt this way. I know that I moved on since that night. But.." She trailed off. When she look at his direction, it suprised her knowing that he's looking at her.

 

She look and walk away. Leaving Tiffany with her worried expression.

 

She needed to breathe. And she couldn't do it there. She badly needed a place to contemplate everything.

 

"Jessica Unnie." She stop when she heard someone calling her. When she look back, it's SeoHyun with YoonA, YuRi's sisters.

"Unnie, you can have our room." YoonA said while giving her a key.

Both are giving her a small smile.  She thankfully smiled at them and went to the said room.

 

Alone in the room, she felt her knees gave up. She sit in the floor. Staring blankly at the wall. Then her head falls to her knees and she let out a painful cry. Just remembering those times with him is hurting her. Why is she crying to something that was already over?

Five years ago to be exact. Is she still in love with him? She didn't think so. She knows that she already moved on. Maybe, it's just overwhelming for her. Seeing him with someone new. She should've think of that. Any girl would want to have him. To love him. She made a mistake few years ago to let him go. He's from the past. Way past.

And it should stay that way. She don't have anything to look back aside from those happy memories with him as well as those painful ones.

 

Five Years Ago.. One rainy day..

"SeungHyun~yah.."

"Yes, Baby?" SeungHyun lovingly answered him.

She just stares at him. Really stares at him with all the love she have for him. She looks straight at his eyes. His expression changed as he felt there's something serious she wanted to say.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"Let's break up." She tried to hide the pain from her voice. Putting her "Ice Princess" expression. And she looked away when she said those painful words.

Though she didn't saw his expression, she knows that he's shocked. "W-Why? Did I do something wrong?" He said in a hurt voice. She crinched.

She took a deep breath and look at him. "I think, we need to part ways now. Before..B-Before, our feeling for each other goes deeper."

"Part ways?! Why? You know how much I love you, right?"

"Yes." She said still trying to hide her emotions.

"Don't you love me anymore? Why do you want to break up? Is there someone new?" He demanded.

"You know I love you. Love you so much it hurs. T-That's why I'm letting you go. There's no one new."

"Why? Tell me why? Because I don't know what to think anymore!" Frustrations and hurt are written all over his face.

She looks away again. She doesn't want to change her mind. She needed to do this, Not for herself but more for him.

She took a deep breath. "I have leukemia. I-I don't know if I'm going to live longer. I don't want to let you suffer with me. I love you so much and seeing you suffer will make me more suffer inside. I have to let you go. I-I-I have to let you go, for you to find someone who's healthy and can grow old with you."

And before he can answer, she ran and left him there.

 

 

And now, here they are again. She took a deep breath. She have to be strong. She already accepted that they can't pick up the pieces. She decided to face him. With a light heart and smile. She wanted him to know that she's happy for him. And she totally let go of him. A closure for both of them. She felt good at that thought.

 

When she went out the room, the person she's thinking is there waiting for her.

"Hi." SeungHyun said with a shy smile.

"Hello." She simply said. Giving him back a genuine smile.

In that simple words, and by just looking at each other's eyes. She knows that the closure they needed from each other is finally there. They both know that there are things better left unsaid.

"Thank you." Jessica said with a smile.

"Thank you too." SeungHyun said and without hesitation they hugged each other.

 

 

 

 

[Author's Note] This is a random one-shot I made while listening to the song "12:51" by Krissy and Erika.  Hope you like it.