First?

3am Version of Ourselves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The winds has started to blew quite harsher now but despite it all, the trees remained to gracefully sway perfectly contradicting the gloomy skies.

 

Pitter-patter. Mina watched as the droplets of rain started to fall from the sky and hit the window pane as she listens to the increasing beat it produced. A small frown was evident on her brows as she leaned on her desk with a sigh.

 

90% chance of rain. That was the weather forecast this morning. Of course Mina didn’t believed in it, they were never right anyway... until now.

 

Covering her face with both of her hands from frustration, she mentally noted the time left before she could go home.

 

Just a little bit more.

 

An hour and a half of theater arts, her chosen elective class.

 

An hour and a half of her hoping for the sudden downpour to stop or she will have to face the problem she could’ve avoided in the first place, if only she brought her umbrella.

 

Soft clicking of the doorknob followed by a thunderous greeting of a woman jolted her to sit upright. Mina wishes she wouldn’t feel drowsy in class like what happened to the previous ones.

 

But then a few moments later… Mina felt drifting away like a teeny tiny paper boat by the shore getting dragged by the waves, that is how she could describe her situation right now. Her unfocused eyes stare ahead at the instructor that was blabbering something Mina couldn’t actually tell as it was all white noise in her mind.

 

The thunderous voice echoed once again successfully gaining everyone’s attention bringing them back to their senses. Mina does not particularly hate the instructor but she might change her mind soon if she continued scaring her like that.

 

“Since all of you looked liked you would rather be home than be here because of the gloomy weather. I would let you all off early” she announced and the class roared from excitement “but as an exchange I had a little activity for you.” 

 

Being in the class for several months, Mina or let’s just say every student in the room already knew what to expect. ”Any volunteers? to speed things up” sounds of disapproval and students avoiding the instructor’s gaze was a sign that no one wanted to step up. Knowing no one would do so after waiting for a minute the instructor instead made a  decision to grab the stack of index card at the podium, shuffled it before calling the lucky person.

 

“Myoui Mina” Hearing her name, Mina fought the urge to grunt as she stood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter