Fin.

Ur Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since the last episode of TTT aired and Dahyun's fans were in a frenzy. Bitterness spread like wildfire on Twitter, with hashtags like "justice for Kim Star" and "she deserves better" trending non-stop.

Some even called for a new soulmate series featuring Dahyun as herself, convinced that the other members would be fighting over her if she would play as herself because Once know how head over heels the other members are for her in real life. Even Dahyun's subscribers on bubble flooded her with messages declaring their eternal devotion to her.

If the fans were that dramatic, then how about the Idol herself? After shooting that TTT, Dahyun remained stoic. She never showed any disappointment or anything that would make the other members feel guilty.

Although she had never shown any disappointment, they suspected that she was hurt by the outcome of the show. Despite repeatedly asking if she was okay, Dahyun reassured them that she was fine.

But they knew that she was the type to keep her emotions bottled up.

They had a hunch that Dahyun was lying. I mean, who wouldn't be? They knew damn well how sensitive Dahyun was and how easily she can get hurt.

However, they never bothered to confront her about it and dismissed it until that one night when they decided to go to the maknae's dorm.

They were given two days off before starting rehearsals for their upcoming concert in the States.

All the members agreed to stay at one of the dorms and hang out. Since the maknae's dorm was always the last option, they decided to change things up and stay there for the whole night.

Having a sleepover, movie marathon, and lots of food and beer would be the perfect night.

 

 

NaMoSa were the first to arrive, carrying bags full of snacks and goodies assigned to them for the night. They were excitedly looking forward to being greeted by their crush, none other than Kim Dahyun.

However, as they entered the living room, only Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were there to welcome them. There was no sign of Dahyun anywhere. "Hey Chaeng, have you seen Dahyuniee?" Nayeon inquired, her eyes scanning the room for any trace of their missing member.

 

"Huhh? Um, I don't know. Have you checked her room by any chance?"

 

"No? Wait a minute... You don't know where she is?"

 

"Guys, she's not in her room. I just checked. Tzu, any idea where she could be?" said Sana.

 

"Maybe she's in the bathroom or something."

 

Momo then went out saying. "Nope, already checked there."

 

"So where the heck is she?"

 

"I actually don't know."

 

"Didn't she leave you guys a note or anything?"

 

"Well, she didn't even tell us where she was going. Heck, we don't even know if she went out. Tzu, didn't you notice she's been out for a while now?"

 

"Uh, nope..."

 

"Okay, let me get this straight, both of you don't have a clue about where your roommate is?!"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"And this doesn't concern you?!"

 

"I mean, she's been super busy these whole 3 days. I haven't seen her around... right, Tzu?"

 

"Yep, and this has been going on for days now. I don't know if she's ignoring both of us or what's going on."

 

"Days?! What the heck?!"

 

The three of them looked at each other with puzzled expressions. "Why didn't you guys tell us earlier?" Sana exclaimed.

 

"I mean, it's not like we didn't think it was a big deal. Maybe she's just super swamped and can't find time for us you know," Chaeyoung said.

 

"Well... huhh... actually..I think she's ignoring us, or maybe it's just me," Tzuyu added.

 

"That's impossible, Tzu. We haven't done anything to upset her, and we both know she favors you more. There's no way she's ignoring you. Maybe me? But you? Nahhh," Chaeyoung said.

 

Then it hit tzuyu "Now that I think about it, this is a pretty big deal. Why didn't I realize it sooner?"

 

"See! How could Dahyun not tell us she was going out? She's not the type to do that as far as I know." Nayeon said.

 

"Oh, come on, you guys. Let's not overreact. I'm sure she's just busy with something and will be back soon." Chaeyoung inquired calmly.

 

"Hold on, did any of you try calling or messaging her?" Momo asked, taking out her phone.

 

"I did, but she didn't reply," Nayeon answered.

 

"Me too," Chaeyoung added.

 

"I haven't even thought about it," Tzuyu admitted.

 

"Okay, let's all try again right now," Momo suggested, and they all pulled out their phones to send messages to Dahyun.

 

As they waited for a response, they started discussing possible reasons why Dahyun could be missing. "Maybe she's working," Sana suggested.

 

"Unnie we're on a day off, remember?"

 

"Ohhh"

 

"Ghad no answer"

 

"How' bout you chaeng"

 

"Nope, nothing, nada"

 

"Or maybe she's taking a break and went on a trip somewhere," Momo added.

 

"But why wouldn't she tell us?" Chaeyoung questioned.

 

"I mean, chaeng, think about it. Have you seen her yesterday? I said hi and she didn't even respond, not even bat an eye and just nodded at me. She's like pissed off or something. Not to mention, have you guys seen her last monday? She's been sulking. I actually asked her why, but she reasoned out that she didn't get to drink her coffee... like coffee!"

 

"What is wrong with coffee?"

 

"Really chaeng..."

 

"I still don’t get it..."

 

"..." 

 

"I really don't get it..."

 

"She drinks chocolates, chaeng, chocolates!!!"

 

"Ohhh...OHHHH!!"

 

"Ghhad, your unbelievable" Nayeon said, rolling her eyes

 

"I told you she's mad, and also she's been avoiding you three the last sunday. Haven't you noticed that?" said Tzuyu.

 

"Who three?"

 

"You guys"

 

"Huhh!?!"

 

"How!??"

 

"I mean, at that time whenever you three are around, she always tries to find ways to avoid you guys."

 

"Ohhhh yeahhhh, I remember when you guys asked us to eat outside last sunday. She told you that she already had plans but ended up here at the dorm reading her book," Chaeyoung said.

 

“...”

 

"No freaking way!! Ughhh! She is ignoring us!"

 

"You two, haven't you talk to her about it!? Have you confronted her about this??"

 

"How could we confront her about it when even we didn't know!?!" Chaeyoung reasoned out.

 

"When was this started?!?"

 

"Oh , Dahyunnie really did ignore us" said momo

 

"ing why!?"

 

The three bombarded the two young ones with tons of questions, not minding that the other three members had also arrived.

 

"Hey! Girls! What is happening here? Why are you all shouting?" 

 

"Something is wrong with Dahyuniee," Momo said, with a gloomy voice that was clearly misunderstood by the three who had just come by.

 

"What?"

 

"She's ignoring us!"

 

"JIHYO-AAHHH DAHYUNIEE HATES MEEE!!"

 

"WE DIDN"T DO ANYTHING!!"

 

"I MISS HER ALREADY!!" 

 

"Wait! Ugh! Can people please stop for a moment?" Chaengyoung interrupted, "Ok, OK, so here's the thing... Unnie, I think Dahyun is ignoring us? We're still not sure if it's true, but we have a hunch."

 

"Ok... have you talked to her about it?"

 

"No...not yet unnie"

 

"We found out about it just now"

 

"Then that means we don't have the right to assume she is ignoring you guys. Just stop overthinking. Where is she anyways? "

 

"That's the thing, Jihyo-unnie, she actually left the dorm without even telling us."

 

"Well then, we just have to wait. We'll talk to her later when she's back, ok?"

 

Jeongyeon chimed in, "But in the meantime, let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe she's going through something and needs some space. It's important to respect her privacy and not make assumptions."

 

Mina nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we don't want to make things worse by bombarding her with questions or accusations. Let's just wait and see how things go and if she really is ignoring us, we'll deal with it then.But for now, let's not stress ourselves out over something that might not even be true."

 

The group of girls all nodded in agreement, taking a deep breath and calming down. They knew that jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst wouldn't help anyone, especially not Dahyun.

So they decided to wait and talk to her when she came back, hoping to resolve any issues and maintain their strong bond as a group.

All of them just went to prepare for what they'd be doing for the whole night. As Jihyo, Chaeyoung, and Jeong chopped and stirred ingredients in the kitchen, NaMoSa returned to the living room to search for a movie to watch.

The sound of chips crunching filled the room as they munched on snacks they brought. Meanwhile, the two quiet members sat at the dinner table, scrolling through their phones.

Despite their efforts to cook a delicious meal, dinner lacked its usual cheerfulness as Dahyun was nowhere to be found. They had waited as long as they could, but hunger eventually won over their patience.

They ate in silence, their minds consumed with thoughts about their missing bandmate. The food was good, but most of them couldn't enjoy it properly. Dahyun's sudden absence had cast a shadow over the evening.

As they were finishing their meal, the sound of the front door opening interrupted their conversations. After what felt like forever, Kim Dahyun had finally returned.

She walked past the kitchen, where all the members were gathered, completely oblivious to the fact that everyone was staring at her. Her clothes were drenched in sweat, indicating she had been on a long run.

Just as she was about to head to her room, she noticed the state of their messy living room. Turning her head towards the kitchen, she was startled by the serious expressions on the faces of the other eight girls. "Jesus, what are you all doing here? You scared me to death!" she exclaimed, holding her chest as if trying to calm her racing heart.

 

Jihyo was the first to speak up. "Dahyun, where have you been?"

 

"I went out for a run?"

 

"That long?" It was now Nayeon's turn to speak.

 

"It was just an hour run, I went to see a friend afterward."

 

"You went to see a friend? Who?"

 

"Uhh, she's from high school. We just hung out at the park."

 

"Ohh, so she's a she?"

 

"Uhh yeahh?"

 

"Do we know her?"

 

"No? I mean, I don't know. Maybe?"

 

"Ok... Then why aren't you answering our calls?"

 

"Ohh, you guys called?"

 

"..."

 

Dahyun then check her phone and the moment the screen got open it was flooded by missed calls and texted from them 'ahhh ' "Ohhh you did, hahaha sorry, I silenced my phone while I was running."

 

"Why didn't you tell us that you were heading out?" cheayoung asked.

 

"Haven't you read the note I left at both of your doors?"

 

"What note? You haven't left anything??"

 

"I have slipped a note in your room because both of you weren't answering my knocks, so I guessed that both of you were asleep."

 

"Then why didn't you bother texting us that you would be late for our dinner?"

 

"Ohh... What dinner exactly?"

 

"Haven't you seen our gc?"

 

The best way to get out of this conversation was to lie. Dahyun is starting to get irritated by their questions.

Adding to that is how sticky she feels all over her body because she just went for a run and she's full of sweats right now. "Ohhhh right, the dinner. Hahahaha. 'What the is the dinner they are talking about?' Yeahh, yeahhh, I'll just take a shower, then let's eat dinner."

 

"We already ate." Sana said, deadpan serious.

 

"Ohh, uhmmm, then I'll just catch up."

 

"..."

 

"Uhmm... so I'll head to my room now."

 

"Do it fast, you don't want the food to be waiting."

 

Dahyun nodded and quickly headed over to her room. The moment the door closes, she starts stripping her clothes off, doing it fast because, hell, she knows how serious the members are and it ain't good if she slacks off.

"Ok, what the , why are they acting strange?" she says to herself. "what freaking dinner I don't remember a thing!! ughhhh, I'm in' dead again. "

 

Back at the dining room "WOW, really a nod. Who does that?!" All of them have finished eating and are just sitting there, while the ones who didn't cook are washing the dishes. "Guys what happen to being calm and not bombarding her with questions"

 

"Oh come on minari it's fine she deserve it anyway and besides have you felt the coldness running through like is she even for real right now"

 

"See, I told you she's mad."

 

“I bet you she also didn’t know we have plans today, which mean she isn’t opening the gc”

 

“I would be so disappointed if she really didn’t know, ughhhh”

 

“yowww, what if she’s really ignoring us”

 

“Well she is chaeng”

 

"Well, what for!?"

 

"Maybe she's just tired, you know, coz she went for a run?"

 

"Mygod Jeong can't you read the room? She’s literally mad"

 

"I mean, common why the hell would she be mad at us? I don't recall anything that we did to make her act like that."

 

“We don’t know”

 

“Well then we should think hard, maybe we forgot about something that made her mad at us”

 

“Her birthday?”

 

"Really Jeong?"

 

“No, not her birthday, we literally celebrated it at an amusement park”

 

"I don't know? I wasn't there remember?!!?"

 

“Did she asked anyone here for a date? Maybe you forgot about it and stood her up”

 

“Nope, she never did, and if she did then we’ll all be preparing for it, like common Kim Dahyun asking you for a date, who wouldn’t be prepared for that!”

 

“Truee”

 

/back in the Dahyun’s' room/

"And the ? What was that? asking all those questions like I'm some stupid highschooler?" She's already done taking a bath, and now she's just putting on her favorite red and black checkered pants with her overly sized black hoodie. "Ughhhhhhh"

Heading out was like going to the principal's office for Dahyun. Though she really wished that she was just going to the principal's office, rather than facing the wrath of these eight girls.

She was so nervous, knowing that she had forgotten about the dinner that the members had planned. That was the only reason that came to her mind on why they were all mad.

'I should be the one who's mad here, my God! No one even picked me in that stupid soulmate thing,' she mumbled while walking to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter