Trigger

Same but Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

꧁𓊈𒆜 01 𒆜𓊉꧂

TRIGGER

★⡀.•☆•.★

On a late Wednesday night, two members from one of the best kpop girl groups of the generation are sprawled about in their new practice room taking a break. The pair have been spending their free time practicing late into the night in hopes of posting a cover for their fans as a gift for their never-ending love and support.

 

 

Chaeyeon had planned to do it by herself but fellow member, Yena wanted to join in.

 

 

“Just a few more times and we can finally post it,” Chaeyeon says whilst taking a sip from her water bottle.

 

 

Yena nods as she checks the time on her phone. “Yeah. It’s already half past midnight. If we keep going at this pace, we’ll be back at the dorms around 2am?”

 

 

Chaeyeon absentmindedly nods, glad that they didn’t have any schedules for tomorrow as she moves to lie down on the floor. They were having so much fun doing the choreography that they didn’t notice how time just flew.

 

 

She stares at the ceiling as excitement coats her body, already picturing Wiz*ones getting surprised at their new cover. Seeing as their previous cover of Seventeen’s ‘Hit’, elicited a great response a few months back.

 

 

She was about to close her eyes intent on taking a 5-minute rest, when she suddenly remembers what day, it is. “Oh wait! I think it’s about time for Saku chan’s radio show.” She announces, sitting up.

 

 

Yena turns to her agreeing, “Oh right!!! It’s Wednesday. Let’s listen.”

 

 

Chaeyeon nods and moves to grab her phone, while Yena crawls towards her, smiling at her apparent excitement.

 

 

“You seem to really like the show a lot.” Yena notes looking at Chaeyeon who was eagerly tapping on her phone.

 

 

“Of course. It’s Saku Chan’s show.” Chaeyeon answers without a beat which makes Yena smile. She has always been a little bit envious of the two’s close friendship ever since produce. She had wanted to be close to the two of them back then, but their bond was already strong and she felt like she has no right to get in between them. What the two have is definitely special.

 

 

“bayFm Miyawaki Sakura, Tonight under the Cherry tree”

 

 

“It seems we’re just in time,” comments Yena as she takes a better position beside Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon only smiles as she stretches her legs, doing the same.

 

 

Minutes later, they were halfway through the show and have been quietly listening, forgoing practice, and just basking in Sakura’s calm voice as she tells the story about Minju and Yuri bickering a few days ago. The two laughs when they remembered how it ended. Minju ended up whining to Eunbi while Yuri continued to .

 

 

As Yena takes another sip from her water bottle, the show moves on to another segment.

 

 

“First question is from Italy,

 

 

It was the segment where Sakura will be reading letters from fans from all over the world. It still amazes them that there are fans from so far as Europe. This just shows how global their group has grown.

 

 

“Wow, there are Wiz*ones from Italy too?! That’s amazing, right Chae?”

 

 

Chaeyeon nods, of course she thinks it’s amazing. When all of these were mere dreams to her a year ago. Frankly, she’s still in disbelief that she was even able to debut and have fans that support her.

 

 

She and the other members did not expect their group would be as successful as it is. Everyone only wished to be able to debut regardless. Undoubtedly, they wanted it to be successful, but they did not assume it would be ‘this’ successful and they are still so in disbelief. Being in Iz*one is truly a blessing.

 

 

But Chaeyeon knows this isn’t only because of Iz*one’s reputation, these fans are all here because of Sakura. Although she is a member, she is also quite popular individually since then. In fact, in Chaeyeon’s opinion, Sakura’s probably the most popular not because she’s a well-known idol from Japan or because she’s ranked 2 on the show.

 

 

But because, Chaeyeon herself is a fan, too.

 

 

To be honest at first, she didn’t know Sakura like how the other trainees did. She didn’t know she’s very big in Japan or that Sakura had already debuted long ago. She was too busy trying to debut herself so she didn't have time for other things. In fact, to Chaeyeon, Sakura was just like any other girl in the program, just another competition.

 

 

The first time she saw the girl was when she entered with her group, wearing that red beret. She could hear the people around her exclaim and expresses their awe at seeing a celebrity. Chaeyeon knew that there was a group in Japan who were also coming to the show. But she had no idea about them. So, after hearing these comments, she had subconsciously gained an interest on the girl, with the red beret and big doe eyes, and a face beautiful like Cherry blossoms, like her name.

 

 

Her eyes follows her every move at the audition. She will not deny that she didn’t think the girl was the best dancer or the best singer. But there was something in her, there’s this fire, and her expressions, that something just made Chaeyeon not want to take her eyes off. She knew the girl was born to be an idol and Chaeyeon found hereself mesmerized.

 

 

Which is why she is not entirely surprised when the judges gave her A rank. And if she were honest, she was actually happy that they will be in the same class. Excited to see the girl up close.

 

 

But then when she had seen Sakura so frustrated and helpless back in class; Somehow, Chaeyeon found herself approaching the girl who looked like she was about to cry.

 

 

“Daijoubu?”

 

 

She didn’t know what compelled her to do that but once Sakura had looked up at her with tears welling up in those brown orbs. As the look of shock and apprehension graces the girl’s features, looking at her in disbelief and a little bit of relief.

 

 

“Do you want to practice together?”

 

 

Something inside Chaeyeon started to stir and she merely continues to lend her hand, smiling in assurance. When Sakura grabbed her hand back and returned a relieved smile at her; thoughts of competition went right out the window.

 

 

All Chaeyeon thought then was to help Sakura to the best of her abilities.

 

 

That is why it does not take long for them to became close friends. It was something inevitable. Fate you may call it. Though they were from different countries and speaks different languages, the two just seem to fall in a tandem. Like two puzzle pieces fitting together. They were so in sync regardless of their differences, which only made their friendship grow.

 

 

And that friendship only continued to grow as they promote in the same group.

 

 

Question: “Give us one lovey dovey episode with Chaeyeon”

 

 

Chaeyeon’s eyes widen at the question, clearly taken a back at suddenly hearing her name. She peeks at Yena beside her, but it looked like she was the only one surprised. Although, it’s not like the show has a lack of those kinds of queries —Chaeyeon has her doses of it too ever since the show ended.

 

 

Sakura’s speech on the last episode of produce surprised everyone in that studio. Chaeyeon is bewildered as much as everyone is. She had not expected the girl would do that. She knew they were close, but never would she ever think that Sakura would call her specifically. She remembered standing there, head down; preparing herself to accept not being able to debut. She was already bracing herself for it,

 

 

“Jjaeyeon!”

 

 

Then, hearing Sakura’s voice echoing in that huge stage, calling her name. As their eyes met… Chaeyeon knew then that it was a moment she’ll never forget. She could still see this fire in the brunette’s eyes, but she could also see the longing and it made Chaeyeon’s heart swell. It was like a light just shined through the darkness that was slowly surrounding her… it was like Sakura was reaching her hand out to her amidst the chaos around them, just like how she did the first time they had met.

 

Chaeyeon likes to believe that Sakura may have had a hand in her debut back then. Of course, not in a literal sense but in a sense that only Chaeyeon could understand. Sakura gave her hope, and that's what she needed.

 

 

Chaeyeon cannot pinpoint exactly when she had started feeling something at the pit of her stomach whenever the girl so as much shows these little affections, but Chaeyeon knew this was something she had never felt for someone before. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter