fin.

photo

“Her,” Kazuha says suddenly, her index finger extending to point at one particular figure within Chaewon’s arm in the photo, “Chaewon-unnie, Sakura-unnie, who is she?”

Yunjin bends her body forward, her eyebrows are both cocked up. One of her hand is rubbing her chin, with a low hum rumbling on . “She looks Japanese,” she points out, blinking. “Is she from our highschool, unnie? Her face is familiar.”

“Yes,” comes the long awaited, agitated answer. “I think you've met her once or twice, back then.”

Kazuha snorts. Her voice drops in a whisper, careful so the sole 00-liner won't hear her. Yes, even if Chaewon is sitting at the other corner of the room, brooding about something no one wants to know. “How come you two are always surrounded by cute girls?”

“Zuha, you currently are surrounded by cute girls.”

“More like giant trolls cosplaying as cute girls.” Kazuha swiftly dodges the threatening punch Yunjin swings her way. “Anyway, anyone wants to take a guess on who she is? Give me your wildest answer. My boring guess is that this girl is her step-sister.”

“Her first love,” is Yunjin's answer, “don't you think that Chaewon-unnie is that type?”

“The girl type?”

“I mean the one that thinks her first love is her only love for a while.” Yunjin glances at Chaewon, giving her a once-over before returning to Kazuha. “But I can see why you say that.”

Kazuha proudly beams her a grin, snapping her fingers and winking. She nudges Garam next. “What about you?”

Garam frowns. Much like Yunjin, she has her other hand not holding the photo rubbing her chin thoughtfully. “My guess is that she’s Chaewon unnie’s secret woman,” she unexpectedly says, voicing her guess too loud that her words ring around the room.

On the couch, Sakura spits the Sprite she’s drinking. Beside her, Eunchae chokes on her cookies.

A loud cry resounds from the other corner of the large room, piercing their ears and effectively ending the chokes of laughters shared between the three. Chaewon stomps to where they are, snatching the photo off Garam’s hand, with the younger Kim jumping behind Yunjin for protection.

“Absolutely not!” Chaewon’s face is red, now—almost purplish. Kind of scary, if she’s not so small. “Hitomi is just a friend!”

Eunchae casts a glance at Sakura, who spits her drink out the second time that day. “Not a word,” the oldest between them hisses, and Eunchae obediently sits back again. Sakura must know something about it.

“So she’s definitely a Japanese!” Yunjin exclaims, sounding proud and for some reason urging Garam to give her a high-five. The younger complies with a confused look on her face. “So, is she your star-crossed lover, perhaps?”

“She’s just a friend,” Chaewon enunciates, snarling and looking as if she’s prepared to bite Yunjin’s head off. “I’m still single as I ever be, everyone! How many times do I have to tell you that?!”

Garam blinks rapidly again, her index finger raised, seemingly wanting to say something. Chaewon’s eyes narrow, daring the younger Kim to say something.

Well, Garam is quick to shut again. But Kazuha?

Not so much.

“Does that mean,” Kazuha says slowly, oh-so deliberately, and definitely so slyly— “Am I free to—“

Chaewon's glare intensifies. A low, dangerous growl rumbling on . Kazuha might be her favorite among the maknae-line for now, for now, but she can be such an annoyance. “No.”

“I haven’t—“

“You’ll scare her.”

“I’m the least bit intimidating,” Kazuha insists, beaming her most innocent smile. Not that it works, since Chaewon's frown only deepens. “Compared to you, at least. Besides, we’re both Japanese! Had to keep that ties strong, don’t you think so?”

“I wish you had this energy back when Kkura unnie approached you.”

“Oh,” the tall ballerina smiles wider, winking when Sakura spits the third time that day, now with Eunchae gently patting on her back. “No offense to you, Kkura-unnie; but you know us! We prefer the cute type. Now, unnie, her kakaotalk?”