—Final.

Wish you were sober

—//—

 

“Hyung, can you pick him up or not? If not, let me know—” Donghae asked, unable to finish his sentence when Heechul suddenly cut him off. 

 

“I'm available!! You better be home safely and I'll take care of him.” Heechul informed, a smile bloomed into his lips. 

 

“Are you smiling right now, hyung? Why are you so happy of the idea of picking him up, huh? He's so drunk and messed but look at you, you look like a highschool girl who had a crush on him.” Donghae on the other line. 

 

Heechul just rolled his eyes although the man couldn't see it but he was really pissed off—well, maybe a little because he adored Donghae so much. 

 

He gathered his things and grabbed his bag as he left the office. Walking so fast while clenching his hold on the phone while talking to Donghae. 

 

He was rushing out of the office and he got excited of the idea of seeing Jungsoo again. 

 

Yes, Donghae was right, he had a crush on him and it's been 3 years since Heechul kept his feelings from Jungsoo. 

 

“Don't get too excited, hyung! Although i can't see you but i can feel how excited you are right now. Hyung, you know that he likes women, right? If you're planning to confess your feelings to him, don't expect him to accept it or yeah expect him to feel uncomfortable—” Heechul cut him off for the 2nd time. 

 

What he said were all true and Heechul knew everything about it and it scares him. He had a lot of thoughts and what ifs. 

 

What if he really finds him uncomfortable? What if he would set aside their friendship because he confessed? What if—

 

“Stop lecturing me, Hae! I'm still thinking whether to do it or not. Hae, I ain't dumb and of course i already know what you've said earlier. I'm not taking a risk, calm down.” Heechul laughed, but no, he was willing to take a risk—he was tired of keeping all his unsaid feelings. 

 

“Don't let your emotions to eat you up, hyung. Your friendship with Jungsoo might be ruined if you did something dumb. Anyway, bye! I'm driving and my ears are bleeding, stop talking and go there.” Donghae said, he just hummed and Heechul was the one who ended their conversation. 

 

Heechul too, he drove as fast as he could, they just met 3 days ago but it feels like a year ago already. He was too damn excited to see the other again. Glad the location was kind of near and there was no traffic in that area.

 

“Renaissance Club.” Heechul read the LED sign in the front of the club.

 

Heechul went off and checked his phone again. He was trying to contact Jungsoo but it seems that the other was enjoying his night, tonight. He gave up and went inside the club.

 

As soon as he was already inside, people welcomed him. People were wild; smoking and dancing as if this was their last night.

 

Heechul ignored them and made his way to find Jungsoo, while he was walking, someone grabbed him and held his waist tightly. 

 

“Woah i thought you were a woman. Are you gay, huh? You look feminine and your body shap—” Heechul tried to remove the man's hands on him and tried to pulled him away but he failed, he was too strong.

 

“ off!! Let me go!” Heechul yelled, still trying to free himself from the man who was harassing him.

 

“Stop yelling and enjoy your night with me. I don't care if you're a man, we can still enjoy this night.” He said, leaning forward to stole some kisses but Heechul slapped him hard.

 

At that moment, people were already staring and whispering. Few people moved away and the man suddenly pushed him hard causing him to sat onto the floor.

 

“What the ? Why did you do that, huh? You pathetic gay!” He said, ready to attack him when someone caught his hand and shoved it away.

 

Heechul was in the edge of crying but when he saw the man who saved him, his tears started to fall. 

 

“He's just defending himself because you're harassing him. He slapped you because you deserved it! How dare you to pushed him when you're doing terrible things at him, huh? Are you that pathetic? Woman doesn't want you that's why you grabbed him, right? I've seen it all so stop denying, a piece of trash” Jungsoo said, pushed the man a little bit and walked towards Heechul's direction.

 

Heechul met his gazed, it was too soft and gentle. He was crying so bad but then Jungsoo bent down and wiped his tears.

 

“Don't cry, you look ugly when you're crying” Jungsoo jokingly said and laughed when Heechul shoved his hand away.

 

“You too!” Heechul replied while wiping his own tears. Meanwhile Jungsoo, he was just looking at Heechul and smiled while observing him.

 

People started to dance again and the music got louder this time.

 

Jungsoo was alone and enjoying his night, he casually went here to forget everything. People seemed unaware how unhappy he was in his own life. He wanted to get lost just for a night—drinking and making out with some random women doesn't change the fact, that these things won't help Jungsoo but he enjoyed. At least he enjoyed for a moment.

 

He looked around and saw a feminine man. He looks familiar for him that's why he suddenly smiled. 

 

“Is that Heechul? Did he just came here—” His words were nowhere to be found when someone grabbed Heechul.

 

He stood up but at the same time, he already felt dizzy and his surroundings got blurry even Heechul's image was very blurry too but he could tell that the man was Heechul.

 

They were arguing and Heechul was trying to pushed him away not until he slapped him hard and people were looking at them. He was the one who got pushed and now sitting onto the floor. 

 

The man was ready to attack him, raising his hand to take his revenge—Jungsoo caught him and shoved the man's hand away. 

 

“He's just defending himself because you're harassing him. He slapped you because you deserved it! How dare you to pushed him when you're doing terrible things at him, huh? Are you that pathetic? Woman doesn't want you that's why you grabbed him, right? I've seen it all so stop denying, a piece of trash” Jungsoo calmly said but fair enough to made the man backed off and walked away from the scenario he'd made. 

 

Heechul was looking at him and his tears were streaming down on his face. Jungsoo walked and bent down. 

 

“Don't cry, you look ugly when you're crying” Jungsoo jokingly said, trying to make him stop from crying and it works. Jungsoo wiped Heechul's tears but ended up to shoving it away when he . 

 

“You too!” Heechul annoying replied, wiping his tears while Jungsoo was observing him. 

 

He stood up and lend his hand at him to help him from standing, Heechul gladly accepted his waiting hand and held it tightly. 

 

“Let's go home. You look messed and smell alcohol.” Heechul insisted but Jungsoo shook his head.

 

“You, go home and leave me here. I'm not done yet.” Jungsoo said, went back to his seat and ordered some drinks for another round. 

 

Heechul sighed, sat down too and looked around but ended up looking at the man, who was drowning himself right now.

 

“What's bothering you?” Heechul softly asked, he knew that something was bothering him, again.

 

“You wouldn't even understand if i tell you what's bothering me now.” Jungsoo chuckled, held his beer as if his life was depended on it.

 

He was broken, confused and ed off—it was his daily routine. Working in the morning; busied himself from working and getting drunk in the night; drowning himself and lost in the whole night.

 

“You can lean on me. My ears are open and willing to listen” Heechul assured him, Jungsoo looked at him for a second and averted his gazed when their eyes met.

 

“I'm here to enjoy my night not to talk about my problems. If you want to stay here then stay, stop asking me about it. If you want to get drunk tonight, then join me. I'm not stopping you.” Jungsoo said, As he said, Heechul listened to him and stayed quiet as he ordered his drinks.

 

Heechul hated it, getting drunk and the atmosphere of the club but for him, it was okay as long as he was with Jungsoo.

 

“So, why are you here? Did Donghae informed you again that I'm here?” Jungsoo asked in the middle of their drinking session.

 

“That kid is always concern about you. I kind of hated it but i had no choice but to come here.” Heechul replied, gulping down his drink and met Jungsoo's eyes.

 

There was a sparks, as their eyes met for the nth time—Heechul felt something like what he always felt when he was with him.

 

“How about you, Heechul? Are you concern too?” Jungsoo straightforwardly asked him that made his body stiffened from his seat.

 

“Ah... uh well uh” Heechul was stuttering as he swallowed his own words.

 

“Why are you look surprised? Stop stuttering, i can't hear you properly.” Jungsoo said, averted his gazed then looked around; as he saw someone who was walking to their direction.

 

“Well, yes, kind of concern—”

 

“Hey, wanna join with us tonight?” Jungsoo greeted the woman who was approaching their table and offered her to join with them.

 

Heechul was caught off guard by the sudden conversation of the two of them and also the situation. Heechul looked at her then saw how Jungsoo's eyes were glued at her. Heechul was observing the two, who were already exchanging their glanced with each other. 

 

“I badly want to join but it looks like someone doesn't want me here.” The girl said, her eyes went  at Heechul. Both of them were having an eye to eye battle—he didn't want to lose; not with some random woman.

 

“Huh? Hey, Chul, is it okay if she will join us?” Jungsoo suddenly asked and looked at him, at that moment, Heechul averted his gazed from the woman and looked at Jungsoo who was already looking at him, waiting for his answer.

 

“Yeah uhh it's fine.” Heechul whispered, fair enough to be heard.

 

“No its okay, I need to go now. Well, kinda busy but let's meet again, okay?” The girl refused Jungsoo's offer and winked her eyes.

 

Heechul deeply sighed, feeling relieved because he could make time with Jungsoo; alone. 

 

“Here, my take this drink as my answer from your invitation.” Jungsoo chuckled and lending her a drink, the woman accepted it and tapped Jungsoo's shoulder before she bid her goodbye to them.

 

Again, they were alone.

 

Jungsoo didn't bothered himself and ignored the man who was sitting beside him. He wanted to be alone but it felt good to be with someone especially this day. 

 

Many hours passed, Jungsoo was deadly drunk and swaying his glass as the music got louder. People were getting wild and Heechul, he wasn't drunk at all. 

 

Everything was simple and comfortable not until Jungsoo stood up from his seat—landed his gazed at him and lend his hand.

 

“I wanna have a dance with you.” Jungsoo bravely asked and Heechul was caught off guard by his sudden action.

 

“H-huh?” Heechul asked him but then Jungsoo grabbed his hand and brought him to the dance floor.

 

As they were facing each other, the music changed; from loud and wild music to slow, soothing and romantic music.

 

Heechul breathed, his heart was beating so fast that he couldn't even handle it. Jungsoo put his hands around Heechul's waist and Heechul put his hands on Jungsoo's broad shoulders.

 

He waited this for so long although Jungsoo wouldn't even remember this, at least heechul would.

 

Jungsoo was out of mind—asking him to have a dance with Heechul sounds ridiculous. He likes women and it was impossible for him to like this man who was blushing like a highschool girl in front of him. 

 

“You smell nice. You've been here for an hour but your smell is still the same. I feel like intoxicated.” Jungsoo whispered into his ears, that made Heechul shivered.

 

“You're drunk. You keep saying nonsense when you're drunk.” Heechul teased, slowly closing his eyes to feel the moment. Jungsoo loved to make the man shocked or surprised—leaning forward and pressed their foreheads together. Heechul's eyes shot open by the sudden skinship.

 

“Jung—”

 

“Shhh. I'm thinking.” Jungsoo shushed him and cracked a smile before he slowly closed his eyes.

 

On the other hand, Heechul was sweating and felt a lot of butterflies inside of his stomach. It made him happy but it pained him too. 

 

'Save me' Heechul thought, if not, Heechul would lost his mind. He wanted to run away but he couldn't, He was stuck with Jungsoo.

 

Swaying their bodies, feeling the music and let the people to witnessed this moment; they didn't care, this night, it was only Jungsoo and him; in their own world.

 

“Take me home” Jungsoo said, slowly opening his eyes and both of them, were already looking at each other. 

 

“My pleasure to take you home.” Heechul softly smiled and held Jungsoo's hand. They went outside and brought him to his car. 

 

“You brought your car? I didn't bring mine.” Jungsoo laughed, he was really drunk and you could tell it by seeing his face; already blushing and his nose was also turning red. His hair was messy and clothes too. 

 

Heechul didn't respond instead he guided him. Jungsoo suddenly opened the backseat of Heechul's car door. 

 

“Hey, not there! I'm not your driver!!!” Heechul yelled and trying to stop him but Jungsoo was fast and gripped his hand. He pushed Heechul causing him to sat down in the backseat of his own car. 

 

He was about to say something but Jungsoo leaned down and stole a long deep, sweet kissed on his lips. 

 

Heechul tried pushing him away but Jungsoo claimed his lips again, Heechul melt down into his kisses and kissed him back. 

 

The kiss was intoxicating, on fire and desperate. Tongue to tongue and teeth to teeth. Heechul bent down his body and used his elbows as his support when Jungsoo leaned more until he was on top of Heechul's. 

 

They just stopped when they felt, they needed to breathe. They were both panting and their hearts were beating frantically. 

 

Heechul was confused. He should be happy but at the same time, he knew that Jungsoo was just drunk and got also confused.

 

“I like you a lot, Jungsoo.” Heechul confessed, looking straight into his eyes and still out of breath.

 

If Jungsoo kissed him—he should also confess because this was his plan even tho the said man was drunk, he didn't care. He just wanted to say his feelings and not expecting anything in return. 

 

Jungsoo flinched and stood up as if he was already sober. He drowned himself and it was impossible for him to get sober by his sudden confession.

 

“The way you kissed me, was really sweet but it would've been better if you are sober.” Heechul added and did the same, he went outside and closed the door of his car. 

 

Heechul turned around and walked first, he sighed deeply as he went into the driver's seat. He was not expecting anything but they way Jungsoo reacted says it all. He knew Jungsoo wouldn't remember what happened to them because he was drunk. 

 

Jungsoo went inside too and as he drove, silence was killing them. No one tried to start a conversation and chose to enjoy the silence between the two of them. 

 

What they did and said were unexpected especially Jungsoo because he never thought, Heechul likes him.

 

In their whole ride, no one talk and Jungsoo felt dizzy and felt throwing up. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. 

 

 

Jungsoo stretched his arms and opened his eyes. The view was calming him and it felt nice—he was at his apartment; the safest place for him.

 

“! My head hurts!! I'm dizzy” Jungsoo groaned and massaged the side of his forehead to ease the pain but it didn't work.

 

“Where's Heechul? I thought he stayed here last night? Did he really go home?” Jungsoo asked himself, looking around if the said man was still there but no one—Heechul left last night after he brought him home.

 

Memories were flashing back in his mind—he still remember how they kissed last night and how Heechul took a lot of courage to confessed his feelings for him.

 

A smiled suddenly bloomed into his lips; they were in the same page.

 

“The way you kissed me was really sweet but it would've been better if you are sober.” Jungsoo repeated as he still remember what Heechul said when they pulled away to breathe.

 

“Well, I was already sober when we kissed. I remember all, Kim Heechul” Jungsoo giggled, as he took his phone out of his pocket and sent a message to Heechul.

 

To: Moody Heechul

       Any plans for tonight? If you're free, let's eat our dinner together. Sound good, right? I'm skipping club tonight! I guess I'm already okay and feel better now. Thanks for taking me home. Well, we need to discuss something. Let's meet and talk about us.

 

P. S we shared a kissed, right? You're right! It was really sweet but you got it wrong on the last part because i was already sober when we kissed.

 

I like you too! Although it's kind of confusing for you to understand because as you know, I'm straight but suddenly, i fell in love with you. I was always at the club every night to forget about you because i was damn afraid—afraid that you might not able to understand my feelings, afraid to take a risk especially we're a good friends; i couldn't even made up my mind because i can't lose you or our friendship if i got rejected by you. I like you umm no, i think i already love you, Heechul.

 

—sent—