and nightmares

Hopes and Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first dream was the best she had.

There was a cabin, warm and cozy, full and teeming with the natural yellow light that filtered in through the hatches that served as windows. The air that flooded had the word 'home' written all over it, every detail and decoration in its textures and walls smelled like a palace she could stay in forever. A place where no one could hurt you, the place she loved the most.

The woman had told her many times that trying to keep quiet when she got home did not please her very much, since many times the warmth of her lover's hands suddenly placed on her waist from behind were not enough consolation for her fright. She always came home when she was immersed in the kitchen, surrounded by pots and vegetables that she forced her to eat so she could later get a taste of the cakes that were currently being baked in the oven at the same height of her thighs. Yerin was in charge of pulling her belongings with more force on the table in the entrance, as well as whistling a soft intonation to let her lover know that she had already arrived, she did not want to be welcomed with a knife to her neck and an earful. Ever again.

Yerin smiled at the sight of her beloved with short dark hair, bathed in the strong sun's light. The song of the funny birds was just another sound in the background, but it was more than enough for Eunha, who danced with such joy and serenity despite being interrupted by the bass of her lover's intonation at the door and the tapping of her boots on top of the wooden floor. Yerin took a few seconds to admire how perfect the world looked right now, how perfect it was thanks to the smiling woman right in front of her.

When her love turned around again, this time glistening to feel the girl's hands just below her belly, Yerin took the opportunity to walk slowly towards her small figure. Her forehead didn't touch Eunha's head, but the warmth that was emanating from it was enough to complete that soft and peaceful feeling in her chest.

Yerin chuckled at the ingredients in the kitchen counter.

No words were needed at that moment, the air was so full of tranquility and love that Yerin only had to hide her face in the neck of the shorter one to smile. Yongsun laid her head on the girl's with affection, ignoring the dish that she had been preparing with so much effort. Yerin sighed at the scent on her soft skin, it was a mix of that lavender soap with strawberries and coffee. It was a scent she would soon recognize whether she was in the midst of countless individuals or trapped in a field of roses. It was a scent that shaped her, a scent that was just like hers, her home.

And that was all she needed at the end of the day; her beloved, the small home they both built with so much charm and expectations, and the sun at the top witnessing the happiness that engulfed her every time she entered through the old wooden door.

In this dream, there was a girl, a girl who was in love with another girl.

In this dream, there were two girls, who love and adore each other.

That was all she ever needed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The second dream shattered her to pieces.

The forest where before there was so much life and fantasy was covered by a mist that clouded the crystals embedded in her eyes like pupils, and the trees fell piece by piece thanks to the fog in the air. The sky was dark, the sun seemed not to rise yet to greet her, and the birds stopped being funny when they flew away.

It seemed as if the leaves that had previously stirred in the soft, cool air were stuck to the pasty, mud-covered ground, the leaves making attempts to rise and dance in the air, but, there was nothing they could do. Yerin squeezed her eyes shut, trying not to let the tears burning just below her heavy eyelids fall; it was so, so, so cold, that she knew that if the tears fell they would just freeze in the air just like time was right now. She didn't want to fall apart and crumble like the dark trees, she didn't want to stop coming out to greet like the white sun, much less she wanted to fade away like the songbirds.

In the space just in front of the lake was a huge, empty square, built as if it had been traced out with a wooden stick no bigger than tree trunks. It was the only space in the entire forest that wasn't dark, the only one that wasn't filled with mist and the cold that clawed at her skin. It was the only place in the forest that radiated heat, a heat that throbbed like a weak heart about to perish, it was barely felt, but it was enough warmth to stave off the itching and burning in her limbs. Yerin would recognize this place wherever she went, it was the point in the forest where animals and life centered in a bright and dreamy home. It was the place where her home had been once before.

Yerin falls to her knees before the soft sand unlike the pasty dirt of the forest, the heat was still there, but she couldn't understand where that place full of wonders that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter