1.

Puppy Love

Ever since Minjeong was little, she'd been friends with Yizhuo. The two had met in school, just after Yizhuo had been adopted and came to South Korea. Even though Yizhuo didn't speak Korean at that time, her and Minjeong became best friends and as a result Minjeong ended up becoming one of Yizhuo's tutors to teach her Korean.

 

The two were currently sitting in Yizhuo's room. They were both ten years old and Minjeong was yet again helping Yizhuo.

"Come on, read out loud. Your mom told me that this is where you need more help." Minjeong said, pointing to the book in front of them.

Yizhuo let out a frustrated groan. "It's so hard though... My brain hurts! Can't we do something else?"

"Hm..." Minjeong paused for a second before nodding. "Okay. Let's go get some juice and have a little break, then we're gonna come back."

Yizhuo cheered and the two left her bedroom and went downstairs, got some juice from the kitchen and then sat down in the living room. They were watching a show when the front door opened and Yizhuo's older sister, Jimin, walked in.

"Jimin! I missed you!" Yizhuo yelled, running over to hug her sister.

Jimin smiled. "I missed you too Yizhuo. Aren't you supposed to be studying?"

"We're taking a break. Come sit with us!" Yizhuo said, pulling the older girl along to sit in the middle of her and Minjeong.

For some reason, Minjeong got shy around Jimin. She didn't really know why, no one had really explained that feeling to her, and she wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. She just couldn't look at Jimin for too long without blushing and it was very embarrassing at times when someone noticed.

Jimin was seventeen years old, almost graduating. Most of the time, she was out with her friends or studying at school. As time passed, she was spending less and less time at home. Minjeong hated that. She wanted to see her more, but not be around her. Out of sight of Jimin, but able to see Jimin, if that makes sense. It did to Minjeong.

After the show ended, Jimin yawned and stretched a little.

"Well, that was fun, but I need to go study now. You should study too, Yizhuo. Please teach her well, Minjeong!" Jimin said with a smile before she got up and went up to her room.

"I don't wannaaaaa..." Yizhuo whined and slumped against the couch.

Minjeong was still staring at the path Jimin took to go upstairs before she snapped out of it.

"Come on, let's go." Minjeong said, grabbing the other girl's hand and pulled her along back up the stairs.

 

Minjeong and Yizhuo were twelve now. Yizhuo barely even needed Minjeong to tutor her anymore, so they would just spend a lot of time sitting around Yizhuo's house.

It was summer, so the two were sitting out by the pool in the backyard. They had just got out of the pool and were eating some popsicles given to them by Yizhuo's mom.

"This is the best! I love summer." Yizhuo said with a happy sigh, relaxing against her seat.

Minjeong hummed in agreement, then started choking when she saw who came out of the backdoor. 

It was Jimin, in a bikini, who was then running over to her.

"Minjeong! Breathe!" Jimin was yelling, patting her on the back to help the piece of ice in go down easier.

After a minute, Minjeong was okay again, still coughing.

"What was that about?" Yizhuo asked, leaning over, face filled with concern.

"It just went down the wrong way." Minjeong said with a sheepish smile.

"Be more careful next time, okay? You scared me." Jimin said, hugging the younger girl before moving back and getting into the pool.

Minjeong couldn't stop blushing after that and she could only hope neither of the two noticed, and if they did they'd just put it down to her choking.

Jimin was nineteen now and she was going to university after the summer. She'd been spending more time at home now since she wouldn't be back again for a while and she wanted to spend as much time as possible with her family, and Minjeong just happened to be there most of the time too.

Eventually, Yizhuo got up and pulled Minjeong out of her seat and back into the pool.

On that day, Minjeong did her best not to stare at Jimin for too long.

 

Minjeong and Yizhuo were sixteen now, they were walking home from school.

"I hate Mr. Kim... He always gives us the hardest work." Yizhuo was complaining. "It totally ruined my mood for the day."

"I thought it was easy." Minjeong said.

"That's because you're Korean! You know my reading skills still aren't great yet he makes me read so much." Yizhuo whined.

"Then maybe I need to tutor you more? Like how I used to." Minjeong laughed as Yizhuo's expression darkened.

"No! Never again. I don't want to think about studying unless I have to." Yizhuo grumbled.

When they arrived back at Yizhuo's house, there was no one home. The two sat on the couch, eating some snacks that Yizhuo had brought from the kitchen when they heard a noise from upstairs.

"Hey... Did you hear that?" Yizhuo asked.

Minjeong nodded. "Yeah... Do you think someone's upstairs?"

Yizhuo looked around nervously. "I think you should go check."

Minjeong sighed but nodded, pulling her heaviest book out of her bag for protection against the potential intruder and she crept up the stairs, Yizhuo watching from a safe distance.

There was another noise, this time from Jimin's room. Minjeong was extremely suspicious, since Jimin was away at university in her final year.

So with that in mind, Minjeong screamed and kicked the door open, swinging the book around wildly before someone grabbed her.

"Minjeong! Stop! What are you doing?" The voice yelled.

Minjeong froze.

It was Jimin. She was twenty three now. Minjeong hadn't seen her since she left for university at nineteen.

"I... We..." Minjeong trailed off, staring up at Jimin.

"Yes? We?" Jimin frowned.

"We thought... That someone broke in..." Minjeong mumbled.

"Where's Yizhuo? Didn't she get my text to tell her I was gonna be home?" Jimin asked.

Suddenly, Yizhuo came running up the stairs screaming.

"JIMIN! YOU'RE HERE!" Yizhuo shouted as she tackled her older sister.

"I missed you Ningie." Jimin laughed, hugging the younger girl. "I thought I would come visit."

"AAA I'm so excited! We're gonna do so much together!" Yizhuo cheered.

The three ended up sitting downstairs after that as Yizhuo and Jimin's parents returned home not long after and Jimin began to update everyone on how life had been at university. 

Minjeong could only stare at Jimin. She knew that the feelings she'd been having over most of her life were the result of having a crush, she learned that eventually when Yizhuo would talk about people at school she liked.

But Minjeong knew Jimin would never like her back. Jimin probably had a boyfriend back in Seoul. Girls like Jimin were never interested in girls like Minjeong, and she'd come to accept that a long time ago. So Minjeong was just content with watching Jimin.

 

Minjeong and Yizhuo were eighteen and freshly graduated and were going out to party. There was an event in the city that Minjeong had wanted to go to all year, the Pride parade in Seoul, and then after that they were going to a club, then they would get the last train home.

They were on the train there, both dressed up nicely in the lesbian and biual colours.

"I've never been to any pride event before, it's gonna be so much fun!" Yizhuo was saying, going on to talk about all the events she'd seen through videos all over the world.

"I wonder if we'll see anyone we know." Minjeong said. "I think Jaemin was talking about going with some friends too."

"Professor Park said she's gonna be there! We should try find her if we can." Yizhuo said.

The train arrived at Seoul and the two got off and headed towards the area for the parade, the crowds were already forming and there were going to be thousands at this event for sure.

"Let's hold hands, just so we don't get separated!" Yizhuo yelled over the loud music, grabbing onto Minjeong's hand.

They started to walk along in the parade, singing along to the different music that was playing before Yizhuo pointed at someone.

"Hey, don't you think that person looks like Jimin from the back?" Yizhuo asked.

Minjeong scanned through the crowd before she spotted the person. If she didn't think Jimin was straight, she would definitely say that was Jimin. But this girl was holding onto another girl's arm. Yizhuo then got distracted and looked at something else, but Minjeong kept her eyes on the girl for a few more seconds, and that was just long enough to see her turn around and Minjeong almost fell over right then.

It was Jimin.

Before Minjeong could say anything, Yizhuo had dragged her over to a group of their friends from school and they continued walking together as a group, Yizhuo holding one hand and Soobin holding the other, so none of them got lost.

Minjeong didn't see Jimin again for the rest of the parade and she was grateful. She wasn't sure how she'd be able to approach her. 

The group spent the rest of the day walking around the area, exploring the city before ending up in Itaewon that night, going into a club. It didn't take long for them to get separated, all going off in little groups and drinking. Even Yizhuo had been taken away by someone she'd met at the bar, leaving Minjeong sat alone at the table. But that didn't last for long.

An older girl approached the table and tapped Minjeong's shoulder.

"Heyyyy! Saw you earlier in the parade, I really like your outfit! Do you wanna come dance with me and my friend?" The girl asked, clearly drunk but with the nicest intentions. 

She seemed familiar, but Minjeong couldn't put a finger on where she'd seen her before, so she just nodded and followed along.

"My name's Aeri! I proooomise I'll take good care of you the whole time!" Aeri said, putting an arm around Minjeong's shoulder.

"Thanks, I'm Minjeong. It's actually my first time in a club." Minjeong said.

"A club baby!" Aeri gasped. "Okay, I'm definitely keeping you safe! My friend went to the bathroom, so let's just dance and she'll join us."

Aeri pulled Minjeong onto the crowded dancefloor and they began to dance to the music, something upbeat and popular that Minjeong had heard a few times on the radio. She was usually a little shy, but the alcohol in her system was giving her the confidence to just let go and enjoy herself.

After a while, Minjeong seemed to even forget they were waiting for someone and when Yizhuo stumbled through the crowd to give her another drink, she just took it and almost downed the whole thing in one, and the alcohol in it seemed to hit hard very quickly.

"Hey, Minjeong! My friend's here!" Aeri yelled over the music and pulled another girl closer. 

"Did you say Minjeong? Kim Minjeong?" A familiar voice said.

Minjeong turned around, freezing.

"Jimin?" She stared up at the older girl.

"You two know each other?" Aeri asked, confused.

Jimin nodded. "Yes, she's my sister's friend. What are you doing here Minjeong?"

"Me and Yizhuo were at the parade today, then we came here with our friends." Minjeong said, hesitating for a moment before speaking. "I saw you there, but Yizhuo pulled me away before I could talk to you."

"Ah." Jimin said before looking over at Aeri and giggled. "So Minjeong is the cute girl you saw? You know she's a baby."

"I liked her outfit! How old are you, Minjeong?" Aeri asked, frowning.

"I'm eighteen." Minjeong said.

Aeri was about to say something, before a well known song came on and the whole club cheered and even more people arrived on the dancefloor and the three just focused on dancing.

Due to the amount of people, everyone was very close, which meant Jimin was right next to Minjeong. Usually, this would send Minjeong into a major meltdown, but the alcohol in her system was making her feel more confident, so when Jimin came even closer, Minjeong didn't hesitate to grab at the older girl's hips. From that point onwards, the two ended up grinding up against each other, Jimin was looking straight at Minjeong most of the time with a teasing grin, whilst Minjeong was staring straight back at the older girl.

The music changed to something slower and more ual. That's when Minjeong felt Aeri against her back. She was effectively sandwiched between the two, and when Jimin saw Aeri her expression darkened a little and she pulled Minjeong closer to herself possessively. At that point, Aeri backed off a little, but occasionally Minjeong would feel Aeri's hands on her waist. Minjeong felt like she was about to be eaten alive at that point, and then the music changed to something a little less serious and more party like, so Aeri excused herself to the bar to get another drink.

Minjeong had managed to leave the dancefloor and reach the bathroom and was standing in front of the sinks when Jimin entered, grabbed Minjeong's wrist and pulled her into the nearest cubicle. Before Minjeong could ask what was happening, Jimin's lips were on hers and her hands were holding Minjeong's waist. Just as Minjeong started to kiss back, Jimin pulled away and started pressing kisses to the younger girl's neck.

"God, you don't know what you do to me, Minjeong. You're so ing cute. I want to ruin you." Jimin growled out against her skin.

"Ah... J-Jimin..." Minjeong managed to whimper out, her hands grabbing at the older girl's shirt.

Jimin kissed back up Minjeong's neck, up to her jaw, and then leant in close to her ear.

"Do you want to come back to my place?"

They left the club very quickly after that, unseen by any of Minjeong's friends and Yizhuo.

It only took ten minutes to get there by taxi, and Minjeong couldn't really believe what was happening. The girl she'd liked for most of her life wanted her. Jimin wanted her. Even if it was only a one night thing, it was with Jimin. That was all Minjeong could think about.

As Jimin pressed her against the bed, Minjeong took everything that Jimin gave to her. It was everything she wanted. She didn't even want to think about the next day. She could've died happily in that moment.

 

And then she woke up the next day.