Jealous

Collection of Boring Stories

Tik Tok.

Tik Tok.

Tik Tok.

 

“When is she coming?” I grunt with annoyance, cheeks puffed out. White walls are staring back at me and I can’t even do anything about it because I have to spend a month with my leg in a cast. In my defense, this is not what I plan over the weekend.

 

As I am complaining about everything in my mind, a few taps on my shoulder distract me. I look over and squint at this brown haired woman. Before I even open my mouth to grumble, she shoves a cherry tomato into my mouth.

 

“I’m sorry! I know you’re bored without me but I brought you cherry tomatoes!” She literally presents me with a small transparent bag of cherry tomatoes. I look at her weirdly but I chew on it nonetheless.

“You are really one of a kind, aren’t you? I don’t really need a freaking tomato to ea-,” Again she cut my sentence short with another cherry tomato and this time with a huge grin that reached to her eyes causing them to curve into a pair of crescent moon shaped. Damn it, I have a soft spot for her smile.

 

“Now, now. Don’t complain and just enjoy your time with this friendly Kang Seulgi, yes Madam Bae?” I snort as I pick another tomato and feed her into as she places herself on the side of this tiny hospital bed.

 

“Please do remind me again why am I stuck with you again?” She just giggles and gives me another warm hug of hers. Hmm, my favorite kind of hug. She does know how to comfort me, does she? Oh boy. I’m very in love with this girl right here.

 

A peck lands on my forehead as she stands up from the bed and ruffles my already messy bed hair gently. “I’m gonna be just right beside you if you need anything.” She makes a beeline to a one-person sofa and moves it so she could sit right next to my bed. I watch every movement of hers, it sends fluttering butterflies to my stomach.

 

I can’t believe how she wants to spend her day-off in this room with me rather than hanging out with her friends. Screw you, weak leg! I should have had a peaceful day cuddling with my Seulgi in bed if you didn’t trip over a single banana peel. I glare down at that full-casted leg of mine.

 

A chuckle is heard from my right side, I shift my glare at this cute person and question why she just laughs at my miserable self. She just simply shrugs and brings her phone out from her pocket then shows me a video of me grumbling over my leg.

 

“Can you get even cuter than this?” She zooms in her phone screen till it shows only my face. My eyes widen at the horrified sight. My freaking oily face, oh lord. I whine and try to reach her phone although I know it’s a futile attempt of mine since she moves her phone to the other hand of hers.

 

Annoying.

 

"But Seulgi, you should get rid of that video before anyone sees that!" I continuously whine at her, temporarily forgetting the discomfort from my fractured leg.

 

"Oh my dear Joohyun, no one will know about it since I have a secret folder of "The Pictures of The Great Bae Joohyun" in my phone." She sticks out her tongue playfully, that little tongue is mocking me. Hmph, if only I can move around, that tongue is not safe from me.

 

"For your record, that is an awful name, Seulgi."

 

"What should I name it then? Give me some suggestions."

 

"The Joohyun."

 

"...."

 

"Seulgi?"

 

"Your simplicity just wows me, Joohyun."

 

"Oh my, thank you. But please do pass me my phone." I point my phone which lays on top of the table and instead of getting my phone, she shakes her head and drags her chair close to my bed.

 

"Nope. You're paying attention to me.” She places her cute double chin on my bed before resting her fluffy cheek on the surface to look at me with those twinkling eyes. Who can even resist that look of hers? Fight me if there is someone who can resist it.

 

She takes my hand into hers and slowly intertwines our fingers together. Another kiss is placed on the back of my hand, I look at her in wonder but let her do what she wants to my fingers. A comfortable silence fills up the boring room.

 

“You know I was very worried about yesterday’s accident. I felt like my heart jumped out of my chest after getting a call from the hospital.” A worry is evident on her face and I feel bad for causing that. Never thought she might be very worried because of that. That embarrassing accident of mine.

 

“Oh baby bear, I’m sorry about that. That banana peel was very annoying. Who in the world thought that someone could get her leg fractured because of the fall caused by banana peel?” Remembering that accident really makes me embarrassed and mad at the same time.

 

“But that banana peel makes you fall, when I’m supposed to do that.”

 

“.....” What. In. The. World. Did. I. Just. Heard.

 

“Uh, Joohyun?” A hand waves right in front of my face, I blink several times. Maybe after sensing that I have no response to that, she clears and raises her arms out of nowhere then lets out a forced chuckle.

 

“I bet you are bored here, let’s get out of here.” She stands up and tries to reach my other hand which I just move it away and shake my head at her.

 

“Wait- What did you just say? A banana peel makes me fall when you’re supposed to do that? Is that it?” I tilt my head a bit to look at her reaction and she just turns her head away from my sight as she covers . I bet this girl is covering her blushed face, such an adorable baby bear.

 

Without waiting for her response, I move my legs slowly to the side of the bed, letting them dangling as if I’m trying to stand up. Maybe she can tell that I want to stand up, she quickly places her hands on my forearms as if she’s letting me hold her to get up. But no, I pull her down so she could face me right in the eye.

 

Eyes scanning for her reaction, I lean in to smooch her on the lips.

 

“Dumb baby bear, I like you so much, you know that?”

 

No response.

 

“Are you jealous of that cursed banana peel? Cute.”

 

I know she is flabbergasted, looking at her widened eyes. Oh maybe it is because I kissed her earlier. Wait, that is not even a kiss. But it still counts, right?

 

“I’m not even jealous of that.” she mumbles. Avoiding eye contact, huh? I chuckle and cup her chubby cheeks.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, Joohyun. Why would I be?”

 

“If you’re not jealous then why did you say so?”

 

“.... Fine.. I was-” I cut her blabbering moment with another smooch.

 

“Shush, I fell for you like when we were high school students. And now, we’re working adults but I’m not gonna ask you because you should be the one who asks me. Because I’m injured.” She rolls her eyes at my antics and to be even weirder, she gets on her knee and pulls out a candy ring out of nowhere.

 

“Okay fine, will you be my girlfriend, Bae Joohyun? I promise to protect you and not to let you fall for a banana.”

 

I smack her arm. Tch this annoying yet cute girl.

 

"Yes, I will be. Please protect me, My Jelly Knight."

 

She scoffs at me as she puts the candy ring on my finger.

 

"Says the one who-"

 

"Okaaaaay, Seulgi. I heard enough of that." She guffaws before pecking my lips.

 

"I love you sooo much."

 

"I love you too. Sooo much."