Best mistake

A whim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just for one night, Lee Luda thought. Just one night of having fun. Friends, music, dance, alcohol. Nothing else mattered.

 

She bobbed her head to the rhythm and tried to forget everything. After having that one shot of tequila, Luda’s head was spinning as she went to the dance floor. It’s been a while since she had this much fun, not since after that stupid scandal she made and now, she just wanted to forget everything. 

Luda had always thought that she was a blunt and impulsive lady, someone who didn’t think before she speak and that one interview where she made herself appeared like a fool replayed in her head countless times for the past few weeks. And it turned her into a miserable pile of mess. Even time passed, she still couldn’t move on and all the articles on the internet saying on how WJSN’s Luda was being an insensitive prick broke her even more.

She made mistakes, she was a human too. But people wouldn’t understand that.

 

“I never knew Luda could be like that.” The smalled eye man spoke, also holding a glass of alcohol in his hand. His eyes followed her slender body who was dancing at the center of the dance floor. Soon, the petite figure was engulfed by the crowd.

“You know how crazy that girl would be if she’s drunk. Don’t you want to dance too, Kihyun Oppa?” Yoo Yeonjung raised her brows but Kihyun could only shake his head and gulped anoher shot. 

The two of them were by the bar, observing others intently. Starship Christmas party was always like this. Idols, dancers, managers, coordis were having fun since the night started long ago and it would always last until morning. They had the whole club all for themselves for the night, to celebrate their hard work for the year. 

 

 

 

Stars, twinkling stars... 

 

Luda could feel hands on her waist, her behind. Unfamiliar bodies pressed against hers that she was breathless. The dance floor was too crowded and she was shaking her head too much that she thought she couldn’t see anything clearly. Just the flashes of disco lights and the rancid smell of sweat. She pushed, wanted to break free from all the suffocating holds but then, she could feel a hand on her wrist, yanking her out of the crowd.

Until finally, she stopped. The petite girl thought she could finally breathe again but her head was still spinning that she almost stumbled on her feet. The upbeat music was still deafening to her ears. Luda could then see a tall figure in front of her, still holding her wrist but she couldn’t make out who it was.

“Hey, you’re okay?” That voice was deep, so familiar. His handsome facade was finally clear to her view not too long after she tried to focus. Then, she grinned when she saw those warm pair of eyes.

“Oh, Changkyun Oppa?” Luda giggled and took his hand on her wrist. She was pulling him back into the dance floor. “Come on, Oppa. Let’s dance!”

 

This girl was not herself, Changkyun thought. He saw her at the company for these past few weeks, all quiet and aloof. He knew Lee Luda was always an outspoken girl, all cheery and confident but she just changed until then. He thought it was because of the scandal that happened before and tonight, this girl was trying to let it all out. Changkyun stood still like a rock while the petite girl was trying to tug him back to the herd of dancing madmen.

“Aish, Oppa. Come on!” She yelled amist the loud music. But when she tried to free herself and escape from his hold, the taller lad tightened his grip onto her small hand and pulled the girl to the door leading to the stairway. As soon as Changkyun shut the metal door behind him, Luda managed to break free from his grip.

“Why are you like this, Oppa?!”

Im Changkyun crossed his arms and leaned against the door, staring at her with a scowl. Her cheeks were flushed in red, her eyes were droopy, that long golden hair was all ruffled messily behind her waist. He really didn’t like seeing her in this condition. 

They had known each other for years, since their trainee days. Seeing her being grinded on the dance floor by some random guys before didn’t make him feel okay. And as a friend, Changkyun couldn’t stand that.

“You’re drunk, Lee Luda.” He sighed. “Come, I’ll send you back home.”

“No I’m not. I’m completely sober!” Luda shook her head and looked straight into his eyes. “I only had one shot.” She whined while showing him her small index finger.

 

This is definitely not Lee Luda that he knew. Changkyun sighed.

“You know... everything is not your fault. Stop blaming yourself.”

Luda was taken aback by his words. She paused and looked up to his warm eyes.

“W-Wha -”

“I know you didn’t mean to do that. We’re humans. Everyone makes mistakes, Luda. Give yourself a break.” His gaze softened as he looked into her teary eyes. Changkyun took a step closer towards her and patted her head softly. Luda looked down on the floors, breathing hard at his words. How long has it been since she heard that kind of comforting words? 

It felt so long..

But not too long after, Changkyun could hear soft sobs coming from her.

“I apologized, right Oppa? But why do I still feel horrible?” The long haired girl cried louder that Changkyun started to panic.

“L-Luda-ya. Don’t cry..” He held her shoulder while his other free hand gently held her chin up. He took a few steps closer and sofly rubbed away her tears. “Ignore those people. They will forget about it eventually. Don’t worry..” He uttered softly, closing their gap between their bodies.

 

But instead of feeling calm, Luda was captivated. 

She never saw his face this up close. Hearing him saying those consoling words, feeling his gentle touch on her cheeks, Luda thought she had already forgotten about eveyrthing. Those brown orbs, that tall nose, and his addicting leather perfume scent, she was mesmerized. 

She had known that Im Changkyun was always good looking man but now, he seemed more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter