Final

(not so) chill baking stream

Whoever suggested and has successfully convinced Donghae to do a baking stream, Hyukjae would personally like to have a serious conversation with them. They obviously do not know who they’re asking to bake live on stream. 

 

Was the cooking stream not enough to convince his boyfriend’s viewers that letting Donghae free reign in the kitchen isn’t a good idea?

 

Now, they’re asking for them to bake live on Donghae’s stream. Sure, like that’s easier. 

 

The first time Easthae did a cooking stream was nothing short of a disaster. One would think that throughout the stream, they’d be able to do one single decent kimbap. Wrong, yet again. The whole stream consisted of Donghae doing whatever he wants, from being very adamant that they omit to adding salt on the veggies (Donghae reasons that he’s worked very hard to get his body to where it is and is very determined to keep it that way) to just throwing Hyukjae’s instructions to the wind and proceeds to overstuff every single roll of kimbap he makes (so much for keeping his gym-bod). 

 

It’s safe to say that no amount of salvaging from Hyukjae’s end was enough for even a single roll of kimbap to make it out in one piece. After Hyukjae’s thrown his towel in, the couple settled to making two portions of ramyeon (Donghae’s health-conscious side of the brain has also thrown in the towel) to eat with the large bowl of kimbap-turned-bibimbap

 

“It was so delicious though. I don’t normally overeat, but that night I just couldn’t stop and before I knew it we’ve cleared both the bap and ramyeon.” tonight’s stream will be held once again from their kitchen. Hyukjae’s laying all the ingredients out on their kitchen counter together with the glass bowls, baking tray, digital kitchen scale, and hand mixer. 


 

fullofwish: that was a great stream

 

hayanHeehee: i can’t believe hyuk even let you in the kitchen

 

xBluePenguinx: arent you banned from the kitchen tho


 

Aren’t you banned from the kitchen tho? I was never banned from the kitchen Kyukyu, I avoided the kitchen for a month to appease Hyukkie.”


 

Hyukkie_chin: was the kitchen okay? KEK

 

xBluePenguinx: same difference

 

DarcieMouse: omg what happened?


 

“Ignore Kyuhyun, you guys, you’ve got nothing to worry about—”

 

“He just narrowly set my kitchen on fire, yep, nothing to worry about.” Hyukjae joins Donghae in the frame, his face shows just how much he’s enjoying the banter between his boyfriend and their friend. It wasn’t anything serious, just Donghae leaving an empty pot on an open flame. It’s a good thing that despite arriving tired from work Hyukjae is still quick on his feet and turns the stove off before the pot caught on fire. 

 

By the time Donghae’s returned from whatever he was doing, Hyukjae had already safely transferred the pot from the stove to the sink. It is true that he didn’t ban his boyfriend from stepping inside the kitchen, Donghae voluntarily did that on his own. But it did take Donghae a month before he could stop pouting like a kid deprived of his favorite cookie whenever he so much as caught a glimpse of Hyukjae cooking with the pot he almost burned. 

 

“You’re supposed to be defending me.” 

 

“There’s only so much I could do, darling.”


 

Yoitsrani: finally, something hae is bad at

 

Bubblesnbob: what were you even trying to cook?

 

tag_if_Easthae_whiffs: all good hae, you’re good at other things

 

ddalgi_: you both sure it’s safe to bake on stream?


 

“Yes, we’re still baking on stream ddalgi—”

 

“—if something goes wrong you guys know what numbers to call.” before his boyfriend even reacts, Hyukjae is already cooing and reaching over to playfully squeeze Donghae’s cheeks. It’s one of the rare instances that Hyukjae’s initiating skinship, so chat is absolutely livid. “We’re following cooking tree’s recipe for a cookie-brownie hybrid. It looks easy enough but let’s not get our hopes up just yet, you guys know how our first cooking stream went.”

 

Joking aside, Hyukjae’s actually looking forward to their end result. Searching for an easy recipe to follow resulted in Hyukjae craving for something sweet after watching so many baking videos back to back. And the recipe really does look easy enough to follow so Hyukjae’s really confident they’ll be able to pull it off.

 

Famous last words…





 

They started out fine. Donghae was tasked with reading out the measurements of each ingredient out loud for Hyukjae. “I’m done with the brown sugar, what’s next?”

 

“You’ll need a gram of salt, 5 grams of cocoa powder, and 2 grams of baking powder. Those are the last three ingredients on the list.” Donghae then brings his tablet over to where Hyukjae was to check if he’s missed any ingredient from the list. 

 

Once Hyukjae is done, he tasks Donghae to chop the dark chocolate fèves like how it’s shown in the video. Simple enough, right? 

 

Thankfully, Donghae is able to follow the video just fine. Donghae gets all smiley and giddy from the fond good job he receives from Hyukjae, yet again reminding their viewers how whipped their favorite streamer is for his boyfriend. 


 

sujul33: whenever I meet a man I come here to remind myself that I deserve better

 

Replying to @sujul33: whenever I meet a man I…

weeesnaaaw: honestly, this ^^^^


 

Just when Hyukjae is starting to believe that this baking stream isn’t going to end like their cooking stream, he’s reminded of who his boyfriend is.

 

But Hyukkie! If we put them closer together, we’d be able to fit more in one baking pan!”

 

Welp, there’s really no competing with that logic if you’re only looking with the end goal in mind. 

 

Honestly, Hyukjae has tried to explain to his very adamant boyfriend why that would just end in disaster but alas; Donghae’s mind is set. And when his boyfriend is set on something, there was nothing that you could do to convince him otherwise.

 

Left with no other choice, Hyukjae takes a seat near where the camera and laptop are set up. More than half of the chat agrees with Hyukjae but all he says to placate them was, “we have to let them grow on their own.” 


 

nanopicofish: this is your first time baking, isn’t it?

 

Achichi: best boyfriend award right there

 

HalaAl: we gotta let the babie learn on his own im ded

 

tag_if_Easthae_whiffs: hyukkie best boyfie

 

eastjaesupremacy: hyukkie best boyfie

 

Booksie: KEK this is why I love you

 

LeeEunhae93: hyukkie best boyfie

 

Corea_: confessions and struggles of a single dad


 

“I know chat, I know. The struggle is definitely real but you know what? He’s my baby, and I love him.” as he’s saying that, in the background, you could see Donghae sneakily nibble some of the cookie dough off the wooden spoon. And judging by the fond scoff coming from Hyukjae and the various chat cooing and pointing it out, Donghae’s attempt at being subtle wasn’t successful. “Yep, he’s an idiot but he’s my idiot. Anyway, it’s time to take over. I’m not about to let him anywhere near a hot oven, better safe than sorry. Am I right?”

 

Surprisingly, there was no protest when Hyukjae volunteered to place the trayful of cookies inside the hot oven. Whilst Hyukjae was busy carefully inserting the trays inside the oven, Donghae has taken it upon himself to put away the whisk, spatula, and glass bowls they’ve used in the sink. 

 

Their kitchen is back to its pristine state, or as pristine as they could get it to be, in no time. Though they only have fifteen minutes to wait for the cookies to be done, the couple is successfully roped into an impromptu q&a regarding everything about their relationship.

 

“Let’s just get one thing clear, please keep the questions pg. We wouldn’t want easthae to get banned from Twitch now, do we?”

 

The number of questions that flood the Twitch chat makes it almost impossible for even Donghae to read one question out loud. So instead, he asks them to send their questions on Discord so it’s easier for either of them to track which questions they’ve already answered.



 

When did you first meet?


 

“We first met at the cafe Donghae worked at. He accidentally spilt my drink on me.”

 

Hey, it really was an accident. I wouldn’t intentionally spill drinks on my crush.” and right on cue, their whole chat explodes with spams of haexL, haexHugs, and red heart emojis. Donghae’s face actually gets redder the longer the chat continues with their spam. It’s a very familiar yet refreshing sight for Hyukjae as he’s usually the one who’s a blushing mess on his boyfriend’s stream. He comforts Donghae by giving him a kiss on the cheek before moving on to the next question.



 

Who said I love you first?


 

“I did!” Donghae exclaims, he even enthusiastically raises his hand like you would when you’re farming for recitation points in high school. Unlike most couples that argue who said I love you first, Donghae’s the exact opposite. His boyfriend is always so happy and enthusiastic in answering this particular question, and it’s not even because he’s bragging.

 

“I remember the look on your face every time someone asks. It's like that one movie? The question triggers a core memory or something of that sort, it’s makes me warm and really happy.” You know it’s true love when the love of your life uses pop culture to make his point.



 

Lights on or lights off?


 

“Lights on,” Donghae answers immediately, a little too quickly for Hyukjae’s liking. You could see from Hyukjae’s face that he’s praying for his boyfriend to not continue with his sentence but breathes out a sigh of relief once he hears the rest of the sentence. “Because playing with the lights off will give you eye damage.”


 

eastjaesupremacy: KEK

 

dynasty201: oh my god, he a babie

 

hayanHeehee: GOD you can’t be serious rn

 

xBluePenguinx: there’s no way you don’t know what that question means

 

leviheichou: haexLUL haexLUL

 

pogchamplakia: haexLUL haexLUL haexLUL haexLUL haexLUL haexLUL

 

autiacora: he’s innocent must protect


 

“What? Did I answer that question wrong?” Donghae looks even more confused when Hyukjae starts laughing at his question, “Tell me!

 

“The question has a double meaning! You went in a completely different direction.”

 

Oohhh, so we’re allowed to answer naughty questions now? Aight, bet

 

No, we’re not doing that—” Hyukjae’s posture straightens up right away, he attempts to steal the mouse away from his boyfriend but Donghae is faster. He’s already got the mouse in his hands, holding the device as far from Hyukjae as possible. They’re a mess of entangled limbs, the chat is just living for this type of chaos from the couple. 

 

“—but you read the question—”

 

Still, we’re keeping this stream pg—”

 

“—HOW ABOUT,” Donghae gently pries Hyukjae’s hand from the mouse, which is usually easy but his boyfriend is determined to take the device away from him. “we… keep the answers pg?”

 

“How about you just don’t answer those questions at all?”

 

“Okay, what if, I answer at least three non-pg questions?”

 

Donghae and everyone in chat wait with bated breath. Hyukjae’s eyes are squinted at his boyfriend, it’s starting to make him sweat. “...fine. But none of the nasty ones.” he eventually folds and gives in on Donghae’s request. 

 

Right on cue, their Discord starts pinging like crazy with the number of new questions coming in. Hyukjae is already regretting giving his boyfriend permission, and he hasn’t even seen how far people have pushed it with the questions. Already sensing his inner turmoil, Donghae gathers him in his arms and places a kiss on his cheek and temple.



 

What’s the iest part of your boyfriend’s body?


 

Donghae hasn’t even finished saying the question yet you could already see from the change in his expression that he already has an answer in mind. “The iest part about my boyfriend’s body is… his heart.”

 

Oh my god.”


 

weeesnaaaw: i knew you were going to say that

 

tag_if_Easthae_whiffs: CRINGE

 

eastjaesupremacy: aww sweet but CRINGE

 

Minielf: i can’t believe i fell for that


 

After laughing for a good minute over his success at ‘trolling’ (if you could even call that trolling) his chat, Donghae helps alleviate his viewer’s curiosity with his real answer, “Kidding aside, the iest part of Hyukkie’s body is this part.” he then places his forefinger on Hyukjae’s jawline while his thumb stretches down and stops at his boyfriend’s collarbone. Donghae can’t help the smirk on his face seeing the pink tinge on his boyfriend’s cheeks, probably thinking of the times Donghae’s gotten carried away with his fixation over those particular parts.

 

“I’m letting you guys go crazy thinking of the possible reasons why I think it’s y. That’s for me to know anyway.”


 

qtiehaehae: okay sir i see how it is 

 

SingMelodyyy: i now get it why hyukkie was against this pepeLAUGH pepeCLAP

 

xBluePenguinx: chat if you only know what ive witnessed being friends with these two

 

    Replying to @xBluePenguinx: chat if you only kno…

Mixtie: sharing is caring



 

Do you prefer cuddling or making out?


 

“Making out! Hands down”


 

voiceGoddess: didn’t even hesitate haexLUL

 

tag_if_Easthae_whiffs: why am i not surprised

 

sisterJo: i was so sure you’d pick both

 

Nnaaasss: i am both happy and jealous of you two


 

Lee Donghae!

 

“What? We’ve kissed multiple times on-stream, might as well come clean with it. Plus, you know I don’t like lying, Hyukkie.” Hyukjae’s so close to smacking the smug look on his boyfriend’s face, however, he doesn’t want to result in something that extreme. So he settles with smothering Donghae’s face with the throw pillow he grabbed from their couch earlier. At least this way he gets to block Donghae’s s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ face from his line of sight.

 

The universe seems to be on Hyukjae’s side when he hears the familiar chime of his phone alarm going off: “The cookies are done!” Hyukjae hurriedly leaves his seat with the oven mitts in his grasp and slowly pulls open the oven door. However, even though he’s already expected this outcome, Hyukjae still bursts into full-bodied laughter (which is a difficult feat, might he add, holding a baking tray straight out of the oven) seeing how their cookies turned out.

 

Perplexed by his boyfriend’s sudden outburst, leaves his seat to inspect the source of Hyukjae’s laughter. “What the heck?” what was once an organized row of precisely measured cookie dough is now one giant blob of cookie. Donghae went from looking smug one minute to tin total shock and awe. 

 

“I told you—chat, I warned him—oh my god, let me get my phone I need to take a pic of this.”

 

“You said they wouldn’t expand as much!”

 

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t expand at all.” honestly, this was the best ‘I told you so’ moment Hyukjae’s ever had. Experience really is the best teacher. “Anyway, we’ve kept chat waiting for too long, they need to see easthae’s attempt at making a square chocolate cookie pizza.”


 

KyuHyukHae718: lmfao it’s one giant mess of a cookie

 

rainbow-peach: ngl it still looks delicious

 

xBluePenguinx: another easthae masterpiece

 

sugar_snow: is no one going to remind them they only answered two questions?

 

    Replying to @sugar_snow: is no one going to…

eastjaesupremacy: im still not over hae answering the last question so quickly

 

Replying to @eastjaesupremacy: im still not ov…

hayanHeehee: don’t be fooled, he only gets to act smug in front of you guys

 

nanopicofish: it’s not a total fail, he just needs supervision…ALWAYS LMAO


 

Now that Hyukjae’s had his fun, he cautiously taps on the middle part of the giant cookie to if it’s cool enough to eat. Once Hyukjae deems it an okay temperature for them to taste, he breaks a big piece off the corner and brings it close to his boyfriend’s pouting lips. Donghae’s whole mood turns upside down and happily munches on the cookie Hyukjae offered him, even humming once the sweet and chocolatey goodness of the cookie washed over his taste buds. 

 

“Tonight’s still a successful baking stream, this tastes so good guys.” Donghae merrily declares while he also breaks off a corner piece to feed his Hyukkie. Donghae’s doing his happy wiggle dance with a wide tight-lipped smile on his face, Hyukjae can’t help the snort that escapes his lips. 

 

Like clockwork the couple bursts into laughter, both doubling over and leaning into each other’s spaces. And just like that, they’re already in their own bubble, as if they’re not alone in their own apartment. 


 

fullofwish: excuse me sirs? your stream is still running?

 

Yoitsrani: welp anyone down to five-man on val hk server?

 

tag_if_Easthae_whiffs: someone should really make a tag_if_Eastjae_whipped acct

 

    Replying to @tag_if_Easthae_whiffs: someone sho…

Booksie: already on it

 

ddalgi_: gn guys 


weeesnaaaw: am i the only one hoping they’d answer one last question?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

 

What do you think the last non-pg question should be? kekeke

 

Also! You may be wondering why it doesn't say

" OFFLINE

Check out this

VALORANT stream

from 2 mins ago.


 

You will be notified when Easthae

live"

at the end like from Boyfriend buff?! Poggers, it's cause eunhae haven't really stopped stream yet sooo... do they finish the q&a or nah, we'll never know sksksks