Fin

War With Heaven | Ningselle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yizhuo has always loved the moon.

 

Its bright, yellowish color makes her calm, for some reason. It's the only light in the dark, maybe that's why Yizhuo have always found it fascinating. 

 

Whenever the sun sets and the cloud goes dark, a soft smile would instantly be plastered on the girl's face. It's the end of the day, and probably some people hate that. But for Yizhuo, she likes it. So much.

 

Because in the dark, she sees the moon.

 

 

"Hey!"

 

Yizhuo was startled because of the voice she suddenly heard. She took off her earphones and lifted her head up.

 

"Uh…hey."

 

"What's your name?" A random girl asked, sitting beside her. Yizhuo laughed nervously, feeling a bit awkward with the sudden question.

 

"I-I'm Yizhuo…" She trailed off, staring at the girl who's also staring back at her. Her eyes widened when she realized what it meant. "Oh…and y-you?"

 

The girl smiled once again, and Yizhuo was secretly in awe. She didn't have the chance to clearly see the girl's face earlier, but now that the moon is giving light, it also gives justice to her beautiful eye-smile.

 

"I'm Giselle!"

 

Yizhuo never thought that a name would sound so sweet and perfect, as if the name only fits on her. On Giselle.

 

Oh damn, there goes her random thoughts again.

 

"H-hi, Giselle."

 

"Hello to you, too!" Giselle's voice sounded cheerful, which was a bit unfitting since it's already night time and people usually use this time to relax and certainly not be cheerful…at least for Yizhuo.

 

"So…" With Giselle's word, Yizhuo knew that the girl was planning to make the conversation longer. Now, she's not really a talkative person, and she's certainly not planning to talk to a stranger. But somehow, she can't move on her seat.

 

It's as if Giselle had her trapped, in a good way, that is.

 

"—What are you listening to?"

 

"H-huh?"

 

Yizhuo felt embarrassed. She has been staring at Giselle's face for too long that she didn't even hear what the girl just had said. 

 

Giselle smiled, casually repeating her question as if she hadn't noticed that Yizhuo was actually staring dumbly at her face. "What are you listening to?"

 

"Oh, um…War With Heaven, by Keshi."

 

"Ooh, I'm already guessing it sounds sad."

 

"Well actually, no." Yizhuo chuckled—a real, genuine chuckle this time. She also had that same thought before. "It sounds catchy."

 

"Catchy?" Giselle's eyebrows furrowed, it was a new expression that Yizhuo had witnessed. But God, does she love it. 

 

Wait, what?

 

"Yeah, um, you wanna…wanna hear it?"

 

"Sure!"

 

Giselle scooted closer, and Yizhuo suddenly became frozen on her spot. They're at a park, there are a lot of people relaxing on the benches just like them, there's a lot of distractions, but Yizhuo could only focus on Giselle's addictive scent and pretty face. 

 

Again, what?

 

Yizhuo, for some reason, suddenly gained the courage to place one earphone to Giselle's ear. The other one was placed on her own ear.

 

Together, they listened to the music.


Did you get over me?
It's been a long time now
Feels like eternity
It's only been two hours
You out here in them streets
And I got a lot to say
Damn, I'm missin' my baby

 

"I thought it was about a person missing his dead lover." Giselle giggled, that made Yizhuo unconsciously smile.

 

Is it weird to think that she likes the sound of Giselle's giggle more than her favorite song, which is currently playing in her ear right now?

 

Yup, it definitely is. 

 

"It could be," Yizhuo suddenly said, which made Giselle look at her. "I-I mean, we're the ones who give meaning to music. If that meaning sounds fitting to you, then it is the meaning of the song."

 

"...I never thought of it that way," Giselle muttered, staring at her. Yizhuo grew conscious of the stare she's receiving, so she looked away.

 

"Uh…"

 

"I like your mindset. Can we be friends?"

 

Yizhuo was disappointed. Just a bit.

 

And hell, she's not even sure why, But it is surely not because Giselle wanted to be friends.

 

It's because Giselle wanted to be friends.

 

…If you get what she means.

 

"S-sure."

 

 

Oh, that's right. She remembered now.

 

The first night that she met a girl named Giselle, someone who came out of nowhere. Like really, Until now, Yizhuo still doesn't know where the heck she came from that night and how she found her.

 

But then, that's Giselle,

 

That's her Giselle.

 

A girl full of mysteries. It doesn't look like it, but her cute smile and cheerful personality actually hides a lot of stuff. Stuff that Yizhuo patiently waited for. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter