Start and Fin.

Kid's Cafe

Kid’s café

The season of summer is on highest peak the tourists coming from foreign and local are flooding in the cities. It can be for leisure, business, vacation and many more are one of the possible reasons. Added the summer is time for vacation the amount of people arriving at your workplace which is the one of the famous luxurious hotel in the town. The crowd of people is never-ending. Every day since March was started when you are arriving at your work and seeing the hotel lobby surrounded by the sea of people and the loud chatters of different voices and languages is making you sigh and wondering how to be used to this kind of environment for a very long time. You love your job it’s your dream job to be exact since you were in high school however in the past few days somehow you are craving to be free from your job to unwind and forget the adulting phase for a while. But seeing this kind of situation a lot of man-power and staffs are required all the time. Filing of leave is not prohibited but you wouldn’t dare to apply this time you can’t afford to be relaxed after witnessing your colleagues still in high tension, working hard and so passionate. You thought that you should be as well and the career you chose is naturally intensive in man-power and it can’t be helped it’s a sign that the industry is in bloom and beautifully progressing. You flatten your pencil cut skirt and stand your posture, smiling to your reflection in the mirror ending mouthing ‘you can do it friend’ while gesturing your left hand into fist. It was your colleague’s slash becomes your best friend suggested to do it whenever the situation feels like being a burden.

You stride and went to your designated workplace wherein the event hall and there will be a huge event mainly for the one certain company of a cosmetic brand celebrating their golden anniversary that will be held tonight as you read the file in your hands and it’s three in the afternoon already. It’s another busy and productive day. You greet your team with your sweet smile you don’t want them to see you without energy you want to feel them to be energetic and full of power. The finishing details needed to work are in the process luckily there is no unnecessary occurrence that can cause a problem and halt the working hours. Not until one of the maintenance fell in the folded ladder, you call for a help immediately. Being in the industry for the past seven years sudden problem are really can’t be help yet you still be in surprised state and can’t help to act frantically. You feel like you are getting back to your probation period. You went where the water dispenser is and filled your paper cup with cold water; your hand is slightly shaking. You try to hold it with your free hand but another pair of hand snatched the paper cup to yours and fills it instead. You raised your head and the concern look of face of Wonpil greeted you. You get back to your normal posture and receive the paper cup that is already filled with cold water. The refreshing cold water flows to your mouth until met to your throat you didn’t know drinking water makes you crave for more you handed it back to him and he obliging refill your cup after drinking a long sigh escaped from your mouth.

“That was a lot. and it will be okay it was accident and it’s normal.” He’s so great in consoling me I agreed to him we watched the scenery in our front eyes. They are just polishing the tables and seats with themed design.

“I can feel you today this is another tiring day.” “Yeah it is and I want to disappear for a while.”

He chuckled; he’s so bright and full of energy, I envy him.

 “I thought you want to file a leave at least one day.”

“No, I realize it’s a waste and I heard there is a bonus for this event.” I whispered to him the last sentences I earned a hearty laugh from him.

But deep inside I want to even if it’s just one day still matters to me, if our general manager will give any notice or any message at least I’ll get it. But then evening came while the event is happening you already visited there and you leave eventually, your presence is not needed anyway. You plopped down and sit comfortably in couch in the lounge area intended for the employees and staff in your hotel workplace. You removed your black stiletto shoes and you relaxed your feet in the bean bag.

A buzzed to your pocket in your uniform wake you from your reverie and the next is you screamed in silence and joy consumed you. A message from your colleague forwarded a notice from your general manager Mr. Kang granting the employees who are in-need to leave exceeding for three days.

So, here you are beaming your smiles to the kids at the kids’ café however it’s also theme for the adult who wants to be feel a kid again, wearing colorful and adorable onesies sitting to their sit while munching their favorite flavored cake and slurping their fruit shake with tea flavor. And to blend with the crowd and following the theme of the café you are also wearing a mosquito designed onesies. Occupying one table pastries with different variety and colored of palette filled your eyes and finally you satisfied your sweet cravings from the past days. And partnered with your favorite milk tea, this is the kind of day you are looking for. It would not be a perfect if you are not reading a book of your favorite author, reading three to five chapters is good to finish for this day. You also have a plan to reward yourself a grand spa treatment together with your best friend.

You fell asleep from your deep slumber you are awakening from noises of kids arguing to a  person with a deep voice, you wonder is there a kid like that the book is covering your face you lazily removed it then close it and the noises are now too clear to your both ears. They are arguing about something you can’t understand due to their mixed and overlapping voices.  You stand to your feet and lowered the hoodie of your onesies you hushed them and asked to be quiet. You are yawning while scanning the surroundings the staffs are nowhere to be found and you peeked at the owl clock its past one o’clock in the afternoon.

“Kids what’s the matter?  Who are you arguing with- an old man?”

From the last two words you are not sure why did escape into your mouth. You saw him slightly pouting his lips and mouthing something you can’t hear and you find him cute and it suits him.

He might notice that you are staring at him from pink to red shade color appearing to his both of ears. And then he starts scratching the back of his neck. He is also wearing onesies a little bit weird one.

“He said he’s not old he’s a cute young man!” a kid wearing dinosaur onesies shouted while pointing at him. He closed the gap between he and the kid he cover the mouth of it while whispering to the kid. They are probably relatives might he’s nephew or his child? They kind a look alike you thought.

They are compressing and sit forming into a circle you plopped down and suddenly a kid with her pretty ponytails sit into your lap you let her. You glanced asked why are they’re arguing and you found out that young ‘cute’ guy from what you heard to the kid with dinosaur onesies he called him Uncle Dowoon are the one who started the discourse, Dowoon and together with his nephew and the rest of the kids here the café are opposing each other. They are arguing what pet is better a cat or dog. Dowoon and his nephew are in favor for the dog and the rest are for the cat. His nephew starts the argument again and now they are all arguing with each other. You instructing Dowoon to help you to calm down the kids you are slightly troubled thinking when the parents arrive later to pick up their child finding they are fighting over some petty argument. Dowoon clapped his hands and you hushed and smile at them.

“Okay kids it’s not good to fight each other both of the pets are good and special.”

You thought it’s already okay but Dowoon really don’t want to stop this argument. He’s kind a childish to your judgment, you thought.

“How about you, what is your pick?” you tried to smile even you are slightly losing your patience the kids are all eyeing to you anticipating your answer,

“I like cats- The sadness of Dowoon’s nephew is can be seen and the rest of the kids start to and you saw the troubled face of Dowoon when he’s nephew started to cry. You snap your fingers.

“Kids! I am not yet done as I said I like cats and also dogs, I like them both. I have a pet cat and dog at the same time you can like them you don’t need to fight and hate one of the pet they are both good and cute right? They both also like to play with you so you won’t be sad whenever you are alone.” They are in silenced you turned your eyes to his nephew he is wiping his tears using the sleeves of his onesies. You look back to the rest of the kids they are probably ten you encourage them to apologize to Dowoon’s nephew they reconcile and now they are ally happily running and playing.

You are alone with Dowoon sitting in one small table he is watching the kids and you can see he is fond with them to extent he will join them to argue. You met his eyes and asked you what are you doing at the kids café.

“Because I want to unwind and escape the adulting phase for a while?”

“Why you sounds like you are not sure.” He is teasing you, you rolled your eyes at him and you heard him laughing at you.

“How about you? I won’t accept the answer you are guarding your nephew because the parents are letting their kids here alone there is staff that can look after them. And instead you are arguing with them what are you a kid?”

He’s ears are in deep shade of red color again, he’s flustered and somehow you are enjoying to watch him like that he’s adorable one. You chuckled and shake your head he is confused and awed at the same time.

“I can feel you, kids are so lucky no major problems just playing and wondering around, that’s why I am here to feel a kid again eventho I am not.” you confessed to him while smiling at the kids.

“You can be a kid again kid at heart, work like a kid but not childish. Enjoying small things and celebrating every goal you accomplished.”

You are surprised hearing that kind of words you didn’t expect him that he has this type of mindset.

Carefree and full of enthusiasm.

You are staring at him and absorbing the words what he said that made you think and realize that maybe you’re too hard to yourself.

“Maybe you are right.”

You beamed at bright smile to him and you hold his hands while introducing yourself you are looking forward to meet him again so you can be friends you might enjoy each other company.

“I’m y/n nice to meet you! Can I meet you here again?” it naturally slip to your lips, you suddenly want to meet him again, to talk to him about his kid at heart life.

He is nervously chuckling while scratching his neck you stared at him and being hopeful to his answer.

“Y-Yes of course. When you’ll be here?” he asked and he also sharing feelings to meet you again.

“uh” you started thinking and it hit you, like how? Knowing your job that there is no always vacation opportunity coming, you bit your lip.

“Can I get your number so I can contact you instead and we can meet hangout something like that.”

You agreed and smile to him.

“I like that.”

The following days you are back to your job at the hotel. But this time be carefree and full of enthusiasm life can be hard sometimes but it’s on you how you deal it and do your best. Wonpil is suspiciously eyeing you while you are typing to your phone you actually exchanging messages with Dowoon. He’s planning to pick you up to have a dinner tonight, before you are always accepting to be in night duty as well but now you politely refuse and go back to your work routine.

“what happened exactly to your leave? You seem happy and what do I name it?”

You glanced at him and you smiled at him and he is now bit surprised.

“So bright?” “yeah! And I am not used to it.”

You opened your phone and you read that Dowoon is already at the hotel lobby. You turned to Wonpil and taps his shoulder. And you told him you’ll let him to meet the reason and suggesting him to be used to it. You bid your goodbye and you leave meeting Dowoon is the probably one of the main highlight of your life. You beam a sweetest smile to him when you saw him and he exchanged at the same energy with you. he offer his hands to you and you gladly accept it.

“So kids café for tomorrow?” he start the conversation.

“Hmm again.” You intended to be sound disappointed you just want to and see his brightly red ears.

“Why? Are you already tired with it? Where do you wanna go?” he is always adorably cute to your eyes because he is indeed. You chuckled and he is puzzled.

“No, I am just teasing you and who said I am tired to go at kid’s café. I will not get tired if I have a cute young man with me.”

He is suppressing his smile and intertwined his fingers to your hand.

“I’m glad that I went to kid’s café that day.” “So I am.”