fin

my senses are dulled by the attraction that captivates me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: not rating m because it isn't that explicit... but let me know if you want me to do that :) 

just to clear a bit about woosan: they do like each other but there's too much miscommunication, spclly since woo and yeo has some sort of relation and san is too self-sabotaging to go between them, plus it's also woo's fault for never confessing or letting san know about his feelings- ofcrs san didn't either but woo being with yeo kinda discouraged him completely. since it's gonna be only a oneshot- or two? i wanted to clear that out xD

please enjoy!

 

 

 

“Sannie, are you okay?” Seonghwa asked in concern, his eyes were filled with worries and his tone gentle.

The group noticed San acting strangely for the past few days, he wasn’t dancing as sharply, his vocals slightly shaky- and while San was chaotic and energetic, he was a perfectionist even more, if there was one mistake, he’d redo it again and again until he got everything right. They all admired him for that. It wasn’t the first time the beta was acting like this, but it was the first time he was letting it affect his performance. They decided for Seonghwa to talk to San, even though he is an alpha, his presence has always been comforting and secure which is why he used to get mistaken as an omega often before their debut. Wooyoung wanted to be the one to barge in and question the beta, but Hongjoong stopped him, he had a feeling it was something different this time- and if San hadn’t told Wooyoung yet- it’s graver than he imagined.

San warily looked at Seonghwa, knowing what the alpha meant without any elaboration. He was in the dance studio, rehearsing what he got wrong, he intended to be alone all night here but his plans were down the drain now. He had no explanation that could be given, no reasons that he could hand out, though he knew the more he drags the more issues it will create. And he had tried to work up his nerve to just come clean but he is no less than a coward.

“Yes, hyung. I am fine. I will be done soon so you can leave with the others. Manager-hyung has agreed to drop me” he smiled, giving him a thumbs-up before turning back to the mirror, about to start the practice. Seonghwa grabbed his wrist, making San face him again. San attempted to break free, but as expected, Seonghwa was stronger, not budging even a little.

“Sannie… I know something is wrong, you have never been a good liar. We all can see it, have always felt it, but we never asked. I think we owe at least an explanation? We are just worried about you”

“Hyung I…” San gulped, he knows that Seonghwa is right, of course, he is! But San is stupidly scared, he doesn’t know what steps to take now.

 

It’s not like he wanted to start out with a lie, he wasn’t even sure he would get in and despite the world trying not to be too discriminating against omegas, San always found it easy to pretend that he was a beta, it got less unwanted attention and all noses out of his business. It was surprising when he heard the news KQ decided to take him in and put him in line for the upcoming debut of the new group.

It was the safest route- nobody bothered betas, and beta didn’t really have specific characteristics except some were able to release calming pheromones- and most had faded and light scents. Of course, he couldn’t keep it a secret for long, when the heat hits, there’s no escaping. Their manager once found him cowering inside the dance studio, tear stained cheeks and writhing body, an omega in distress and heat. A worse combination. Being the angel that was their manager, he simply closed the door, got a blocker mask and heat suppressants, and took him to his house. His omega wife helped him through the process, it was his first heat as he had presented but he was yet to go into heat.

The manager told him it was better to let the company and the group know so that he can be protected better and his safety ensured. This company was different than others, there was barely any discrimination, rather everyone was treated with respect. If he had known that, he wouldn’t have pretended to be a beta.

San begged the manager not to disclose it yet. Irrational fear clawing at the surface despite the obvious assurances, what if they send him back? Manager-hyung tried to convince that he would be fine, he was talented and the CEO isn’t that heartless but San didn’t want to ruin anything for the group, it wasn’t an unknown fact that it was better to not have omegas in the group as it was more dangerous for them than any other and scandalous. Also, the fact that faking the second identity was kinda like a crime. And so, with the help of their manager, his wife, and a stylist noona (who also found out by accident when his pills wore off suddenly- but she by heaven’s mercy, was a good person), his secret was kept intact.

They couldn’t understand why he was not coming clean to s, which was a good question as it wasn’t too late yet, it had only been two years or less and there was no reason to not trust them- but San was afraid. He has always been insecure, too clingy, too much, and he knew it was hard to handle him. It was almost too easy, being drowned in the scents of s, too easy to let his omega come out, but his fear always won- what if the group didn’t need another omega? Didn’t need him? He loved being useful, loved taking care, simply loved giving, his father says it’s not because he is an omega, it’s because he is San.

Either way, Hongjoong, and Seonghwa made it work despite both of them being alpha. Jongho and Yunho were alphas too but San isn’t sure how they manage, Mingi is a beta but he helps out the group some time. And… Wooyoung… he has Yeosang… the pretty omega to help him. San wasn’t needed at all for the pack dynamic. He knew falling for his best friend is stupid, especially when he already has someone special and beautiful like Yeosang, but when has his heart listened to him? Worst, he had started falling for Yunho too, not even realizing until there was no going back, and he hates himself for that- why was his heart greedy in this aspect too? One wasn’t heartbreak wasn’t enough. But the giant alpha helped him through lots of things without even knowing, always there for him somehow- though that was futile too because Yunho would never look at him that way.

 

“Come on, it’s us, you know you can tell us anything, we can never leave you, Sannie”

“Hy-Hyung… I- it’s nothing” San looked away, he really was a bad liar. He hoped Seonghwa would leave soon, the pills weren’t working well for him and his doctor refused to increase the dose or change the med. His heat was a week away but the omega part starts acting up around the time and being near an alpha when his omega is begging to be ed is not exactly ideal. Being so close to Seonghwa was already making his insides turn hot.

“…fine, I won’t bug you but this topic is not over. We need to make sure we are on our top shape to give the best to our fans, and I am not so sure about your condition, and what’s causing it.” San opened his mouth to protest, he always gave his best but Seonghwa’s pointed look shut him up- it was true he had been not exactly a good performer past these days. “Anyway, I am heading home, since we have meat, Wooyoung and I will whip something. Yunho is in the building too so give him a ride too”

“What- Yunho? why?” San tried to keep his voice from not panicking, he needed alone time, maybe even swing by the manager’s house to let out some steam.

“He isn’t in his top form either, which you would have noticed if not for…” Seonghwa trailed off as San looked down in guilt “his wolf is acting out so Yunho is having trouble controlling it. That’s why he is practicing too in the other room. Keep an eye on him, would you? If he goes feral, call us or the manager and bring him home immediately.” He dropped a soft kiss on San’s wrist, before letting the beta go, his smile small. He bid him a concerned goodbye and left with the other members. San couldn’t squish down the guilt after Seonghwa left in disappointment.

 

Then as the words finally hit, San stood there frozen, a feral wolf? Alpha? Yunho at that!? , he needed to run before the alpha come to him. His omega wouldn’t be able to bear it. He hurriedly called the manager, hands starting to shake at the prospect of what could happen. He couldn’t even refuse, what the hell would he say? I don’t wanna watch over a feral alpha because I might let him me? Yeah, that would go so well.

The manager didn’t pick the call, he tried five more times before huffing in frustration. ! he didn’t even practice as he was supposed to! This wouldn’t end well. Yeah, yeah, he should call Yunho and tell him that he is leaving, or that he should go alone- or- or-

“San?” A very very familiar voice “Are you okay?”

“Y-Yunho?” San gulped, .

“Yeah. What the hell is wrong? The room was reeking of distress... is someone in here?”

“O-Oh uhm ah- that- I- uh- no”

“Hey, what’s up?” Yunho asked gently, chuckling at his stumbling. San backed away instinctively, a young unmated alpha with the most seductive scent was in the room- while his omega was waiting to go into heat- yeah, no. Yunho looked around to check if someone was actually here but found no one, he turned to San in confusion.

“No-Nothing, Yun-Yunho. I was just practicing, you know, umm!-” San squeaked as Yunho suddenly started getting closer, eyes narrowing at him, there was a hint of red inside. “W-Why are you crowding me?” He attempted to ask playfully but the question did the opposite effect.

“Why are you getting scared of me?” and it was not a friendly tone.

“Yunho… p-please back away” San almost whimpered, his back hitting the mirror wall of the dance room and Yunho only a few inches away. It was definitely a wrong thing to say as the alpha snarled, eyes turning red at cowering omega.

“Why?” Yunho asked in a deep voice, tilting his head as if he was inspecting San. Then suddenly his stance changed, the alpha sniffed in the air, a peculiar scent swirling around and he moved froward, pulled towards the strawberry and vanilla, and ended up nuzzling in the crook of San’s neck. San could barely move as the alpha pinned him to the mirror, nose scenting him, the cinnamon and lemon filling San’s senses almost violently.

“Yu-Yunho, wait! Stop!” The omega cried out, knowing if Yunho scented him, marked him, his pills would wear off completely and his pheromones would become wild. The alpha didn’t listen, persistent in digging out the delectable smell from wherever it was, he wasn’t entirely himself as soon as his wolf smelled an omega and San’s voice dulled out as the scent became clearer.

 

Omega.

 

He growled possessively, an unmarked omega who smelled too much like San, the hint of his beta cologne still present and Yunho jumped away as the cloud of lust subsided, only a bit.

 

San.

 

“You…” he started, San took a shuttering breath, the way Yunho was looking at him right now terrified him- it was nothing like the kind alpha he knew. No, this one was bloodthirsty alpha, just waiting to attack. “-are an omega. Sannie-” Yunho whispered his name, shocked, betrayed, hopeful… angry.

“I-I am sorry! Please- please don’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter