fin

how do you know i am an angel?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a stupid mission and Jaebum didn’t know why they were sent to Earth for such a petty thing. One of the twelve talismans was stolen and hidden somewhere on the Asian continent. While lower-level soldiers spread out to search for them, Jaebum and his team were supposed to stay in Korea for a while. He suspects there is another reason but so far no other messages came from heaven. So he was stuck in the mundane world, blending with the humans- and humans, gods, had so many complications, rules- such delicate beings and it was annoying.

He was the leader of his fleet, had hundreds of angels under his command, battled and won- rising to an even higher level. Of course, he couldn’t have done without his team, his angel family that stood by him through thick and thin.

Yet, he was in the world of humans, mere beings, forced to lay low because Michael wanted to send them undercover and reclaim the dumb talisman. The dragon talisman wasn’t even something hard to find, nor was it as powerful as some of the heirlooms Jaebum had redeemed from all over the space. He was not able to understand why were his busy busy team sent for such a simple task.

Nonetheless, he followed orders through and through despite his hesitance. Though he did stop to regret why didn’t he put up more resistance as he dawned uncomfortable, slightly tight jeans- it was another dumb piece of clothing and he hated them. The leather jackets were okay, they certainly made him look good but it all seemed so unnecessary. Only in war do they require armor that covered their body. Or else, just a chlamys, that is a cloak draped over their shoulder and braccae, like breaches for the bottom, they didn’t need shoes since they barely walked. Most of the angels, only had their manhood covered and float around.

 

“Jaebum-hyung!” He liked this language, they had usage of honorifics while up in the sky, respects were only given to higher levels.  

“What?”

“Woah, who got your in a bunch?” Jaebum scrunched his nose at the crude asking. He was by no means, wearing a woman- woman clothing!

“I am not wearing any , Jackson.” The shorter angel only laughed in response, having fun with his confused answers regarding human metaphors and proverbs.

“You are adorable, hyung.”

“I am a warrior, Jackson. I do not know how ‘adorable’ fit into that description” He had been on Earth only two times before, neither did he stay longer to learn humans way of living. But Jackson was well-versed in mimicking their lives- which was only why their team was able to live without bursting their cover.

“Awh, too adorable” Jaebum ignored it, rolling his eyes, and put on the stupid shoes as they needed to go outside and buy dinner. They were told to not use their powers for a while, though there was no need to eat his team enjoyed human’s delicacy, and Jaebum admits it is not that bad. Regardless of his wariness, they wanted to explore the human world, much more encouraged by Jackson who swears he has seen wonder on this planet. Jaebum calls bull. Which is also a term he guiltily learned here.

 

There was one café they frequented, near their apartment, and it had a perfect technique of cooking. Jaebum was entirely fond of their kitten shaped chocolate pastry- no, he refuses to acknowledge it, but Jackson buys for him anyway.

He has yet to get used to the way humans stared, they looked with a weird hunger, not the sort for food or power, sometimes their eyes held affection- longing, sometimes they darkened with intent, leaving Jaebum confused with all sorts of varying emotions he had no idea what to do with. While Jackson was used to it, Jinyoung and Bambam took a while to let it go. Nobody dared look into their eyes in the heavens. But here it was different, here it was preferable, Jaebum scowled.

 

“Oh chill out, will you?” Jackson chuckled, Jaebum was like a child discovering ciphers, wary to decrypt, unsure if he would like the result. “Would you like to give the order today?”

“I don’t know, Jackson. They ask too many questions.” Jaebum replies worriedly, biting his lips without thinking. Jackson stares at him, then at his lips that are reddening under his teeth, then back to his awfully cute face and decides to exact revenge on this oblivious angel and leave him lost at the counter.

“Hey! Jackson- where the hell are you going!?” Before Jaebum could run after him, the person in front of him leaves too, meaning it was his turn to order. He cusses under his breath, then quickly prays for forgiveness and reluctantly mutters the weird names of dishes he remembers.

The cashier touches his hand as he gives him the human money in exchange for the food. Jaebum tries to shrug it off as an accident but then the stranger care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter