Fin.

she looks just like a dream (the prettiest girl I've ever seen)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

She knows she shouldn't look, but she stares.

 

The way she glides with the music, the way she feels the beat. It alone sends her eyes straight towards her direction.

 

Chaewon.

 

Sakura sighs, picking up a beer bottle so she won't be seen as weirder than before. She leans on a wall, popping up the bottle and taking a few sips here and there, not minding the bitter taste of the drink when her eyes are busy being mesmerized by a scene.

 

Has Chaewon always been that… pretty?

 

Her heart picks up a pace, like a galloping horse, it races so fast she has to press a hand over her chest, metaphorically calming it without a doubt. 

 

She's been her friend for years now. But this is the first time she feels different when she looks at her. Maybe it's the lights? Or the feels? Or the way the bass drops with the beat? 

 

Or maybe it's the way she looks. Dazzling, shining on the stage, taking the middle and making it her own. Sakura smirks fondly when she sees her dear friend striking up those trendy dance moves people nowadays are dancing on social media. Chaewon looks cute, she admits. And another sip on her beer makes her realize that this is becoming clearer and clearer.

 

This won't do… she thinks, slouching on the nearest chair and placing her beer on the surrounding table. She picks at her pockets and snatches a cigarette or two, lighting it up before taking a puff. The smoke clears her brain from making some very questionable decisions, like suddenly walking towards her and kissing her a few. Sakura exhales and smoke clouds her vision, obstructing her from seeing Chaewon clearly. Maybe even better, this way she has some time to think, and some more time to ponder.

 

She realizes it took her thirty-nine seconds to fall in love with her old friend. Someone who she sees every now and then, and someone who she has come to know on a deep level. Is it funny that Sakura wants to get to know her more? Know her not as a friend, but as someone more than that? Someone who wants to hold her in her arms, someone who can call her late at night, and someone who can do things to her that only lovers can do? 

 

. She groans, feeling a headache incoming. She watches how Chaewon grooves on the dance floor and she can't help but smile. After some months not seeing each other, Chaewon invited her for some weekend relaxation, a dive bar near the suburbs. She breathes in the smoke before slowly letting it go, watching it swirl with the air as she stares soberly at her dear friend. 

 

Chaewon-ah… what will I do with you?

 

These sudden feelings, no, these feelings she locked away are now finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter