You make my coffee a little bit sweeter ( and a little bit bitter )

Bittersweet coffee

 

Chorong likes sweet coffee. Particularly iced Americano with 2 extra sugars. She likes the whipped cream on top of it - she puts extra on it for the extra sweetness. So to put it shortly, Chorong likes her coffee sweet. She mostly attributes it to the fact that everything in her life right now was bitter, and if she added another bitter element to her life via her favourite drink, she would probably combust into pure bitter flames and die.

Eunji on the other hand liked bitter coffee, she liked an extra shot of espresso with no whipped cream on her already bitter coffee. She preferred the classics, roasted coffee. It was bitter, and with everything she added, it had to be the most bitter thing she'd ever taste. And she liked it. It added more...flavour - in her words. It woke her up. It was just what she needed at 4 a.m in the morning when she was cramming last minute assignments to keep her awake.

 

 

 

It was a really sunny day, like if you step outside you could probably cook an egg type of sunny. Luckily (or unluckily), Chorong was trapped behind a counter in an air conditioned café, taking orders from the customers that were streaming in to avoid the summer heat. "How am I supposed to handle all this when you leave, Bom!" Chorong exasperates to her best friend who was laughing at her. "I'll just be gone for a week, plus you'll have another barista here to help you!" Bomi says, giving Chorong the completed order as she hands it to the customer.

Sighing, Chorong continues to take orders. "But, they won't be you. I'll be bored for the entire week!" She says, as if she was sentenced to the worst possible punishment that could've ever been issued to her (courtesy of the universe). Bomi snorts in response, nearly messing up the whipped cream on the drink.

"Maybe you'll find a new friend, someone you can talk to other than me." Bomi teases, watching as Chorong sulkily hands the drink to the customer. "I have friends!" She whines, making sure to keep her volume low so the people in the café couldn't hear her. "Namjoo and Hayoung don't count." Bomi sing songs, moving on to another order.

"They count," Chorong groans, pouting briefly before she goes back to the cash register to ring up another customer. Thankfully, by this point the long line of customers begins to dwindle, allowing for a little break between each one giving room for Chorong and Bomi to talk.

"They don't. Hayoung is your literal sister and Namjoo is her best friend! You can't possibly say you made friends with them by yourself." Bomi says, half playfully and half seriously. Chorong ignores any and all implications that sentence may hold and chooses to busy herself with something else. "I just don't get why you have to go visit Naeun! You could do it on a Saturday." Chorong playfully says, exaggerating some hand movements to make it seem like she was serious.

"She's my girlfriend, idiot. I want to spend time with her, it's kinda annoying spending time with you here. Everyday." Bomi teases. Chorong gasps in faux offense, rolling her eyes as the bell chimes, indicating another customer coming in. "This isn't over." She deadpans, finally moving away from a kind of frightened Bomi to take the customers order.

"Hi! What can I get for you?" Chorong asked, not bothering to look up at the customer as her eyes are trained on the cash register. "I'd like one roasted coffee, extra shot of espresso please." A low, husky tone registered into Chorong's brain. Feeling somewhat dry, she looks up. A lady with dark hair and dusky eccentric eyes greeted her.

Oh my god.

Chorong feels her heart beat quicken as she fumbled for words to answer the absolutely stunning customer. "Uhm...yeah! O..okay, what size?" Chorong barely squeezes out. Cringing inwardly at her stuttering. She hears a chuckle from the other woman who looked clearly amused at Chorong's behaviour. "Medium is fine, thank you Chorong." And for a second, Chorong blanks out.

"How do you know my name?" The words tumbled out before she could register what she was saying. "Your name tag." Oh my god. Chorong flushes a deep shade of red from pure embarrassement. She had just humiliated herself in front of a customer who was very pretty.

"Oh...yeah. I'll go, get you that coffee," Chorong didn't wait for a response, she booked it to the coffee machine, gesturing for Bomi and her to switch places. Her best friend merely shoots her a confused look but obeys. Chorong takes many deep breaths, in hopes of calming her racing heart.

She makes the drink, lucking out that her brain hadn't completely died from that interaction and still knew how to use the machine.

She rushed to Bomi, handing her the drink, almost spilling it when she glanced to the customer - who was looking at her. Bomi had to hold back her laughter when she realised who was the cause of Chorong being a flustered mess.

Chorong closes her eyes, a sigh of relief escaping . The customer finally left the café and her heart rate was returning to normal. "So, you like that girl?" Bomi suddenly says, her voice a whisper as if this was some top secret message. Shooting Bomi a glare she shakes her head, "No. I was merely...practicing my coffee making skills." She reasons.

Bomi didn't buy it. "Yeah, coffee making skills. Is that what you call gay panicking over a pretty lady and blushing a darker colour than a ing tomato?" She sarcastically quips, illiciting a snarl from the girl beside her. "You're lucky this is a public space, Yoon Bomi." She says threateningly, Bomi gets the hint and shuts up.

The rest of the day goes by and Chorong's shift ends, and yet she can't get her mind of that customer that came in to order a drink but ended up rocking Chorong's world.

Chorong thanked the heavens that she would never have to see her again. Because if she did, that would probably be the end of her.

 

This is the end of her. The world can swallow her up right now and she would be utterly grateful. Her boss had just introduced her to her new co-worker, the temporary one for when Bomi was gone.

"This is Eunji, you'll have to teach her the basics since she's new." Her boss said, but Chorong was barely listening. Her eyes were trained on the girl beside him. Her hair was thrown up into a messy ponytail, an apron tied around her waist that made her look so- "Hi! I'm Eunji, I'm pretty sure we've met before?" Eunji said, a knowing smirk playing on her lips.

Chorong blushed, her cheeks turning a shade of red. "Yeah. We have, sorry about that time, I'm not really good around people." A reasonable excuse, well for one Chorong had come up with on the fly. "You aren't good with people and yet you work at a café?" Eunji says, raising an eyebrow questioning Chorong.

"Free coffee, kinda makes up for it." Chorong jokes, smiling as she heard Eunji chuckle. It was a low pitched chuckle, Chorong might've found her new favourite sound. Eunji walks ahead of her, going to the counter.

"Hey what's this? How do I work it?" Eunji asked, her voice so chirpy and yet she looked so confused. Chorong chuckled, walking to the girl. "This is the espresso machine. I'm going to go on a whim and say you have enough braincells to figure out what that does." Chorong teases, causing Eunji to laugh - Chorong likes to make Eunji laugh, a lot.

Chorong then proceeds to show Eunji how it works, partially because she didn't exactly trust that her words were going to come out coherent. Eunji paid close attention, although she made quips here and there about how tedious it was.

"That's basically it. Were you paying attention, or were you too busy groaning about how boring this is?" Chorong asked, raising her eyebrow in a somewhat scolding manner. Eunji chuckled, "You're kind of distracting with how pretty you are. But yes, Chorong, I did pay attention." Her soft sultry voice made Chorong short circuit.

Her brain was malfunctioning, opening and closing with no words coming out of it. "Stop gaping, honey. It makes you look like a fish," Eunji teases, skipping past the flustered mess that was Chorong and moving onto the next thing that caught her eye.

Chorong had to regain her composure, making sure she didn't look like she had just been splashed in the face with red paint before she went to continue teaching Eunji.

Once she had taught Eunji the basics of how to work the machinery, she then proceeded to teach Eunji how to make the drinks.

"What's your favourite drink? I can learn that first." Eunji says, Chorong thinks shes joking at first, but when she looks at Eunji she realises that the girl was dead serious. "Oh...uh, I like Ice Americano with 2 sugars and whipped cream." Chorong says, Eunji nodding her head but furrowing her eyebrows.

"Isn't that too sweet?" Eunji mumbles, causing Chorong to gasp. "There is no such thing as too sweet. I prefer it that sweet, just beacuse." Chorong mutters, not bothering to mention that it's the only sweet thing in her life as of now.

"Isn't your order too bitter then? Roasted coffee with an extra shot of espresso? That's got to be super bitter," Chorong retorts. Eunji smiles slyly, "You remember my order, Chorong?" She halted what she was doing with the cup in hand and turned to face the brunette.

"Well...it's quite memorable." Chorong lamely answers, Eunji goes back to her coffee and continues to make it all while having a small smile on her face.

"Well, if you must know. Being a university student requires you to be awake, and bitter coffee certainly does the trick." Eunji answers Chorong's previous question. "You're in university?" Chorong asked incredulously.

"Yeah, I'm in my final year! I'm 21, why? am I older than you?" Eunji taunts, Chorong laughs slightly before shaking her head. "I'm 23 , I'm older than you." Chorong says, triumphantly smacking Eunji's arm lightly.

"Ow! Don't bully your new co-worker, that's rude." Eunji says, finishing up her coffee before showing it to Chorong. "Oh my god, ! You messed up!" Chorong yelled, teasingly. She tossed Eunji's really ed up coffee into the bin and showed her the steps again.

"Like this." Chorong said, handing her finished coffee proudly to Eunji for her to try. Eunji reluctantly sipped on the coffee, before she let out a hum of enjoyment. "It's pretty decent. Still too sweet, I see why you're sweet." Eunji says, winking at Chorong who went wide eyed.

"Seriously, stop flirting during work hours." Chorong scolded. Eunji quirked an eyebrow, "So, after work hours?" Chorong merely rolled her eyes but didn't object. Walking to the door to open up the shop, Eunji could hear Chorong mutter 'Annoying' causing a hearty laugh to come from Eunji.

For the rest of the day, Eunji kept messing up orders and Chorong had to reteach everything. Strangely though, Eunji seemed to know her way around everything, she just couldn't get the orders right.

"Finally!" Eunji groaned when Chorong switched the open sign to a closed one. "You think you're tired? Imagine me! I had to correct your stupid mistakes." Chorong complained, Eunji sheepishly smiled at her. "I'm new, okay?" Chorong groaned once more, moving to take off her apron. Eunji playfully whines again about how Chorong was bullying her making Chorong slap her with her apron.

"Hey, can I have your number?" Eunji suddenly says, handing over her phone to Chorong who was startled. "Why?" Chorong asked incredulously. "Well, I like to have the numbers of pretty girls," Eunji said, chuckling when Chorong merely rolled her eyes but took the phone from the girl.

Tossing the phone back to Eunji, Chorong quickly gathers her things and walks out the café without any goodbye. Eunji thinks she might have angered the girls, but then she looks at her phone.

Pretty co-worker ;)

She giggled at the nickname, figuring that Chorong ran out because of that - She decides to humour her.

You: Hi there, pretty co-worker

Pretty co-worker ;): Eunji..istg

You: well, isn't that what you want to be known as?

You: Jung Eunji's pretty co-worker...quite the title.

Pretty co-worker ;): oh my god. You're ing insufferable.

You: thank you, darling

Pretty co-worker ;): I'm gonna block you

You: hey! You decided to set your name as this! Not me, this is you're fault!

Pretty co-worker ;): oh please, I was just stating a fact.

You: Don't get too in your head, Rong. Your ego might get to you

Pretty co-worker ;): Rong?

You: would you rather me refer to you as 'pretty co-worker' ?

Pretty co-worker ;): Rong works.

You: good. Now stop complaining

Rong <3: fine, whatever.

Rong <3: see you tomorrow, insufferable human

You: at least I wasn't the one blushing over a customer ordering coffee

Read 8:27 p.m.

Eunji slotted her phone into her pocket, picking up her purse, she finally decided to leave the café after having sat there for 27 minutes. She still had a thesis assignment due so she had better start running home.

When Eunji reached home, she quickly went to her computer, switching it on and changing it to her Google docs tab with her notes open. "Time to get started." She mutters.

And then a 'ding' comes from her phone. Annoyed, she checks the notification.

From: Rong <3: are u free rn?

Eunji cursed inwardly, staring at her computer in front of her and back at the text message, she internally debates whether she should flunk this project or decline Chorong.

Well...Eunji never made good decisions anyways.

You: I'm free rn, why?

Rong <3: can you vc me? My roommate is gone and I can't really sleep well alone ...

Rong <3: you don't have to ofc, I'm just wondering.

You: ok

Incoming video call...

"Hi" Eunji greets, a small smile on her face as she sees Chorong is a dark room with just her phone light illuminating her face.

"Hi..sorry for disturbing you." Chorong mumbles, looking kind of guilty for disturbing Eunji at night.

"You're not, I was kinda bored." Eunji lied, glancing at her computer as she was reminded of her work. "Eunji...are you busy?" Chorong asked once more, Eunji stays silent for a second.

"You are." Chorong deduces easily, Eunji shakes her head. "It's just a stupid thesis paper," she tries to reassure Chorong that it wasn't anything, but she sees the unimpressed look on the older's face.

"Do you're work. I'll stay here. Just do your work." Chorong sternly scolds, but Eunji was put at ease knowing that Chorong was there to keep her company while she worked through her dreaded thesis paper.

So, Eunji did. She worked through the night on her thesis paper, talking to Chorong about random things from time to time. "When is this due anyways? Isn't it summer?" Chorong mumbles, surprised that there was still work to be handed in during the summer break.

"Well...you see, this was actually due like before summer. But I got an extension, so I have to hand it up tomorrow." Eunji confessed, leading Chorong to stare at her with the most unimpressed and annoyed glare she could muster. "I swear to god." Chorong mutters, rolling her eyes for the umpteenth time before settling to let Eunji continue her work.

Eunji finally finished her work, looking at her phone, she sees a sleeping Chorong. Her head on her pillow, arms dangling from the side and a peaceful look on her face. She looked adorable.

Eunji found herself staring, encapsulated by the woman in front of her. But she notes that it was 4 a.m and she had work the next day, or well in a few hours, so she better get some sleep. Deciding to end the call and heading to bed, hopeful catching a few hours of rest before she had to go to work - which didn't sound horrible, she wanted to see a certain brunette.

The next day, a very grouchy Eunji was barging into work. Chorong sat at the counter, chuckling at the clearly sleep deprived girl that had just waltzed into the café. "Here, drink this grumpy pants." Chorong said, handing the girl a cup of warmly brewed roasted coffee. "Oh. Thanks," Eunji looked surprised as she took the coffee from Chorong's hand - and if you squint, you could see the faint blush on her cheeks.

Finishing her coffee, Eunji washed the cup while Chorong went to open the store. "Please don't screw up the orders like yesterday," Chorong pleaded the raven haired girl, Eunji merely chuckled. "People don't change overnight, Rong." She stated, heading over to the counter where a customer was waiting.

"Hi! What can I get ya?" She greeted cheerfully. "Just a vanilla latte please, medium and no whip." The customer ordered, Eunji nodded her head after giving a polite smile. She headed to the machinery and began her work.

Chorong noted that Eunji was quite efficient at using the machines, knowing exactly how to go about them - which was weird, but she didn't mention it. Then, as Eunji was about to be done, Chorong realised she was about to put the whipped cream on it, hurrying to halt the girl.

"The customer said no whip!" She scolded, putting the whipped cream back to its original position. Eunji chuckled, "Oops, guess I forgot." She said, putting the lid on the drink and handing it to the customer.

"God. Do I have to go through this again?" Chorong sighed, ready to teach Eunji the basics for the 5th time. But she was stopped by another chiming of the bell. "I'll handle this customer." She says, sending Eunji a pointed stare before heading off to serve the customer.

"Hi, what can I get for...you. Bomi?" Chorong had to do a double take. Didn't Bomi say she was going to be gone for a week? "The one and only!" Bomi exclaims, a cheeky smile on her face.

"What are you doing back here?" Chorong questions, still very confused. "Well, Naeun here," Bomi begins, a girls appearing sheepishly by her side. "She wanted to come and visit you and the rest." Bomi says, sighing playfully.

Naeun rolled her eyes at her girlfriend. "I haven't seen you guys in a year and I wanted to visit you guys! Also, I may or may not have been kicked out of my parents house..." Naeun mumbled, rubbing her hand with her nape.

Before Chorong could question everything, a cheery voice came from behind her. "Rong, what's taking you so long?" Eunji whined, coming up front to see Bomi and Naeun staring at a gaping Chorong. "Sorry, Eunji. Uh, my best friend, decided to come home early!" Chorong exclaimed, gritting her teeth as she pointed to Bomi.

"Oh. Wait, aren't you that other barista?" Eunji asks, narrowing her eyes. "Yup! The one that did not gay panic the other day!" Bomi teased, causing Chorong to flush red. "Oh shut up-" Chorong was cut off by a breathy laugh from Eunji. "Oh I give Chorong hell for that day." She says, wistful tone alongside her teasing.

Bomi glanced at her best friend, bemused by the situation. "Well, how is she as a barista?" Bomi asked Chorong in hopes of getting her to stop looking like she was lovestruck or something.

"She's... okay. She constantly messes up, but she's pretty good at communicating with customers but I think she just flirts." Chorong rambles, Eunji chuckled. "Honey, just say you're jealous of me flirting with other customers," Eunji said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I am not! I already said, no flirting during work hours." Chorong exasperates. "But you want us to flirt off work hours." Eunji said. Bomi quirks an eyebrow and Naeun looked at Chorong amused. This was interesting. "You're infuriating, Jung." Chorong cried, turning to Bomi.

"Are you gonna order anything? There are other customers." Chorong deadpanned, Bomi laughed. "I'll have my usual! Naeun just got coffee on the way here so she's good, I think." Naeun nodded her head, acknowledging that statement.

"Alright, one iced Americano coming up." Chorong said, heading off to make the coffee. "So, are you actually interested in her or are you just playing?" Bomi's quip broke Eunji out of her daze. "I think, I think I like her." Eunji mutters. "Okay." Bomi nods her head, seemingly fine with it.

"You're okay with it, Bom?" Eunji mutters, scratching her neck. "I am. You really seem like you like her, and she seems to like you. Just don't make it a repeat of college." Bomi mumbles, slinging an arm around her girlfriend.

Chorong came back a moment later, handing the coffee to Bomi who sent her a smile as she and Naeun walked out, but not before they asked her to text them.

"You look shaken up, what did Bomi talk to you about?" Chorong asked, a bit concerned - she knew how Bomi could get carried away with her words. "I just...", Eunji looked at Chorong, and for a second Chorong sees a flash of fear. "It's nothing." Eunji said, and Chorong didn't push, just sending her a sweet smile before she took the next customer. Eunji was grateful.

She was grateful that she had been given time to collect her thoughts. She knew Chorong did deserve an answer, but she was scared - she didn't know from what.

Chorong, in the short timeframe since they met, had sweetened her world so greatly. Chorong added this...sweetness to her. Chorong made her soft. She'd catch herself staring at Chorong like she hung the stars, she'd catch herself thinking about how she wanted to cuddle Chorong.

She'd catch herself missing Chorong.

And when she heard a laugh from the girl, it made her heart scream. Like the taste of Chorong's coffee, but it wasn't too sweet. It wasn't like her coffee, bitter.

It was just nice.

Chorong was her perfect sweetness. And that was that. That was what she had been scared of. Finding something sweet. Again.

The other thing that keeps Eunji drinking bitter coffee is that sweet coffee reminded her of her ex. Her college love. Her first love. That love of hers had always made her sweet coffee in the mornings, whispered sweet nothings in her ear and had always been sweet to her.

When they broke off, it was like everything related to sweetness suddenly seemed bitter - her once favourite sweet coffee having such a vile taste. Everything sweet was bitter. So she learned to love it, she learned to like bitter things.

She grew a small love for bitter coffee, which led to her having that as her usual coffee order. It felt so...weird. Having someone make coffee for her to drink, but it's the bitter kind this time. It felt so new, so refreshing.

It left Eunji scared.

She didn't like new.

New scared her.

 

Chorong had been kind enough to leave her to her thoughts, talking to customers for longer than she should have. Making sure to handle everything by herself just to give Eunji time to think.

Eunji felt bad, so she went back to work. Really, really drained work. Rarely have any remark to anything, no subtle flirting, and overall. Eunji was drained. Chorong felt it, the customers felt it, even Eunji felt it. The shift in her mood, it left Chorong wondering. Chorong also notes that in her mooing state, Eunji never once made a mistake in any order - it weirded Chorong out just slightly.

Wondering, what on earth did Bomi say to her to get her like this. She tried to give the girl space. Time and what not, but she couldn't. She just couldn't sit around and watch Eunji mope. She couldn't watch her like everything was okay.

"Eunji, are you okay?" Chorong asked, her voice soft, not demanding. Eunji sighed, glancing up at Chorong. The older girl felt her heart clench as she noted how scared Eunji looks, her eyes shone with fear and her lips were quirked downwards in a small tremor.

"Rong...I- I don't want to talk right now." Eunji said, an almost pleading sound could be heard in her tone. So, Chorong doesn't ask. She continues about her job, wondering, but never asking. She allowed Eunji space - although she's definitely not gonna give Bomi space for this.

At the end of the day, when the 2 were cleaning up - in pure silence. Chorong opened to ask again, but she snapped it shut, being reminded of Eunji's words earlier.

But Eunji saw, she glanced down, eyes beginning to water. "I'm scared, Rong. I'm ing scared." Eunji says, her voice wavering as she tries to contain the waterworks.

"Okay. Eunji, that's okay." Chorong says, moving slightly closer to the younger, unable to bear her looking so small.

Chorong was used to the confident Eunji. The Eunji that would , the Eunji that would mess up during work, the strong Eunji. She wasn't used to this...small Eunji, this weak Eunji, this helpless Eunji.

"Chorong, I'm scared. You're...so new." Eunji tries to get an explanation through , but the moment she felt Chorong engulf her in a hug - she couldn't hold it in. The tears flowed down her face, like water through a broken dam. She buried her face in the brunette's shirt, staining it with her tears in the process. But Chorong couldn't care less.

"You're new to this job too, it's scary. But it's for the experience. New isn't bad, it can be scary, but it can be so damn worth it." Chorong mutters into Eunji's ears. The younger gulps, knowing that Chorong is treading into uncharted territory.

"You know, I actually loved sweet coffee. Like your kind of sweet coffee." Eunji said, chuckling at Chorong's surprised face. "Oh." Was the only response that came out of Chorong.

"Yeah. My girlfriend, or ex girlfriend, she used to make me this vanilla latte every morning. It always had whipped cream and 2 sugars." Eunji began, the tears b in her eyes again. Chorong looked at her in a mixture of sadness and confusion.

"When we broke up, god Chorong. I've never tasted something so bitter out of something that's supposed to be sweet. The taste of that vanilla latte, it was more bitter than the coffee I drink now." Eunji explained, Chorong was hit with the understanding.

The understanding that, it wasn't new that she was scared of. It was going through what she had already experienced that scared her.

"Meung..." The nickname slipped out of , causing Eunji to glance at her. A slight blush adorned Chorong's cheeks, but she continued, "But is my coffee that coffee? I'm not an exact replica of her. I'm not sweet with no substance. Eunji, I don't know what...or how or where this is going. But god dammit Eunji, you're such a refreshing bitter." Chorong was rambling at this point, but Eunji couldn't cut in before Chorong was on again.

"You're the type of bitter in my life that wakes me up, you're the type of bitter in my life that excites me. You don't make me ick, nor do you make me want to spit you out. You make me want to try more." Chorong finished, looking directly at Eunji as she took her hand.

Eunji's gaze shifted from a confused glance to a soft one. "Chorong..." Eunji softly said, eyes glazing over the older girl. Maybe this is the type of sweetness you need in your life. "Chorong, you're a new thing to me. You're really sweet, and I really like you. I don't know where this is going, or where I'm even going with this. But what I'm saying is...I like you a latte,"

There was a brief moment of silence for Chorong, she was processing whether that had just actually come out of Eunji's mouth. "Oh my god. Meung. That's so corny." But there was this eating grin on her face, and Eunji love it. It left the sweetest taste in .

"But I like you too." Chorong said, a small smile on her face as she sees Eunji light up. "God. Okay, how did I do this before. Oh my god." Eunji rambled, her cheeks reddening ever second. "Okay, so let's take this slow. Will you, Park Chorong, go on a date with me?" Eunji asked, fancily holding out her hand to Chorong.

Chuckling, Chorong took the hand. "Yes, I will, Jung Eunji." She declared, giggling as Eunji pulled her closer. "Well then, I shall text you the details later, princess." Eunji said, planting a chaste kiss on Chorong's cheek before pulling apart and moving to take of her apron.

Chorong blushed a crimson red, but mimicking Eunji's action to take her apron off.

"You should thank Bomi for this." Eunji stated, winking before walking off.

And yeah, Chorong should.

 

You: Bom

Bombombom: yes??

You: thanks

Bombombom: is that a sarcastic thanks????

Bombombom: I didn't do anything to the apartment! I swear! It was probably a racoon

You: no , thank you. I'm going on a date with Eunji

Bombombom: CONGRATS!!! if she does anything I'll punch her but CONGRATS

You: oh my god...

 

Meung <3: hey, Rong

You: yeah?

Meung <3: meet me at the café on Saturday, I have a surprise for you.

You: oh?

You: alright, I'll be there.

Meung <3: see ya, princess ;)

You: oh my...god.
 

 

Bom: hey, eunji. I heard that you asked Chorong out.

You: I swear I only have good intentions. This won't end like Jieun and I

Bom: I know.

You: ???

Bom: Chorong and I were talking on the phone just now and...she really liked you, and by the sound of things you do too

You: I really do.

You: which is why I need your help

Bom: what....?

You: meet me at the café Rong works at on Saturday. 9 am.

Bom: do I wanna know why?

You: it's a surprise!

Bom: okay...
 

Saturday , 10:25 a.m.

"You're such a hopeless romantic, Jung" Bomi teased, Eunji chuckled. "Yeah, only for her." She said, looking down at the bouquet of tulips and roses in her hand.

Just then, Chorong arrived. Bomi took it as her cue to leave, even as Chorong was eyeing her. "Why did she...whatever, what is this Eunji?" Chorong asked, looking at the flowers in Eunji's hand. "For you, sweetheart." Eunji said, handing the flowers to Chorong. "Roses and tulips? Didn't pin you for a romantic person." Chorong playfully said, earning a light slap from the younger.

"What are we doing here?" Chorong asked. Eunji merely grabbed the girls hand, leading her into the café. Inside the café was empty, not a soul in sight - which was weird. The centre of the café was a table, with 2 seats and 2 coffee cups that were empty.

"I was thinking, maybe we can make each other coffee. Anything, I just...wanted to do this with you. Since we both love coffee, and we're both baristas. And this is how we met." Eunji bashfully said, and Chorong swooned. This simple task was so meaningful to her and it made her heart strings tug.

"Okay, let's do that." Chorong mumbled, grabbing the cup from the centre and going over to the coffee machine to begin making the coffee, Eunji doing the same.

Both of them quickly finish their coffee's, excited to show one another what they've created. "Taste it." Eunji nudged the coffee to Chorong. The girl brought the cup to her lips, sipping on it.

"Wow, Meung. It's really good!" Chorong says, impressed. "What is it?" She asked. Eunji smiled, "Well, it's a roasted coffee with 2 sugars and some whipped cream that I mixed inside, so like creamer." Eunji says, chuckling at her really bad explanation. Chorong was surprised that it wasn't all that bitter to her, just the small hint.

And it was refreshing, it hit her more than her usual coffee, but it didn't taste awful. She loved it.

Eunji in turn, took the coffee that Chorong made and took a sip. "This is amazing, Rong!" She praised, taking a bigger sip. It wasn't too sweet, it was still bitter, but it had enough sweetness to where it cheered you up.

"What is it?" Eunji asked, Chorong smiled. "Iced Americano with a shot of espresso and one sugar." She said, Eunji smiled. It's her new favourite coffee.

Their date continued on, both girls enjoying it a lot. At the end of it, Eunji asked if Chorong wanted to go on one again - to which the older one agreed.

Eunji truly made Chorong's life a bit more refreshing.

Chorong made Eunji's life a bit more sweet.
 

"Oh, and how come you can make such good coffee here, but you keep missing up when we work?"

"That's a secret for me to know and for you to never find out."