7 minutes in heaven

Not so bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the beginning of the story, Kim Hyunjung shouldn't even be there. She only had a few days left to revise for her college entrance exams. So when Sojung insisted that she should go to that party, she immediately denied it. But her bestfriend begged her to go, saying that both of them really needed to relax after Sojung's breakup with her boyfriend, and Hyunjung's exam stress. That was the perfect opportunity to think about something else and meet new people.

 

She hated that she'd been convinced so easily, Sojung didn't even like that boy in first place and Hyunjung really needed to study, but she still accompanied her friend to the party and now had a glass of soda in her hand as she walked through the sprawling living room. Her friends were all celebrating elsewhere, excited at the prospect of the end of the school year and likely college entrance , far away from that place, while she was surrounded by drunk teenagers.

 

Hyunjung sighed before going upstairs to the second floor, where there was less chatter and less music popping her eardrums. She walked through the rooms with a bored look, not surprised to see some teenagers doing drugs in a more remote place since she knew it was a common activity among them. She wasn't looking for Sojung, but she still found her bestfriend when she bumped into her as she left a room.

 

“Hey! Come on, we need one more!” The girl said excitedly, pulling her into the room she had left. Hyunjung sighed, drinking the rest of the soda before resolutely entering the room and bumping into several of her bestfriend's friends.

 

“Hyunjung!” Said a voice she recognized and Hyunjung rolled her eyes at Son Juyeon, who was leaning against a sofa and had a glass of colored liquid in her hand. The girl had studied with her most of her life and Hyunjung was used to her presence, but even then she just nodded absently.

 

She tried not to think too much about how the girl looked prettier now with her hair dyed brown, she just pushed those thoughts out of her head and focused on what she had put herself through. There were some teenagers on the floor around a bottle and Hyunjung bit her lip in irritation. Had Sojung brought her to a bottle game?

 

“Seven minutes in heaven” Sojung murmured in her ear as he passed to sit and the older girl growled softly, walking over to stand beside her. “Come on, Soobin, spin this!” She yelled at her friend as everyone sat down and Hyunjung smelled alcohol coming from her. If she's gonna have to bring her home drunk and take care of her again, she's gonna kill her.

 

Sojung spinned the bottle, “Luda and Dawon !” she shouted happily (and drunk) to the two, before staggering up to the closet door in the bedroom. “Ah! Now you guys leave the friendship zone!” She chuckled at the two of them, pulling Luda right away.

 

The other girl, Dawon, followed her with a scowl. Hyunjung was slightly confused by this until she realized that none of the people in the room had a problem knowing what the two girls were doing inside that closet. She felt her ears burn with embarrassment, looking away from the door to the bottle in front of her.

 

“Ever seen two gay girls together?” Eunseo asked beside her, surprising Hyunjung. The older one looked up at her, trying to hide her discomfort.

 

“Not so openly,” Hyunjung replied with a low tone so that no one would judge her. She looked at the others and saw that they were distracted by the music and their cell phones and then finally made eye contact with Eunseo. “I have no prejudices if that's what you're imagining. I'm just not used to people reacting normally.” She said confused with herself.

 

“You should change your circle, Hyunjung. It's not normal that you don't have any gay friends 

." Eunseo said with a mocking tone, which made Hyunjung roll her eyes. The other girl laughed, handing her the drink to the brunette.

 

"I can't drink, I'm driving." kim denied it, pushing the cup back to son, who pouted.

 

“So am I the one who's going to need liquid courage to take you to seven minutes in heaven?” Muttered the younger girl, making Hyunjung choke on her saliva. She looked at Eunseo in alarm, trying to read the girl's face if she had understood correctly.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter