Final

We’ll Take It

A loud thud was heard from the living room of their apartment, and Jennie and Roseanne, who were busy making pancakes, rushed to the scene in thought that something has happened. They both shook their heads simultaneously, though, upon seeing Lisa and Jisoo cackling on the floor like some retards.

 

"Told you they're just wrestling again. These idiots", Roseanne playfully rolls her eyes before making her way back to the kitchen.

 

"Hey, I heard that, Rosie!", Lisa shouted at the girl while struggling out of Jisoo's grip.

 

"You, two", Jennie props her hands on her waist, "We're not feeding you anything if you don't help us in the kitchen." 

 

"You know we don't cook, Jen", Jisoo, who has her face flat on the floor beneath Lisa's hold, replied while still laughing, "And besides, I ain't losing to this monkey today."

 

She tried wriggling out while struggling to take the taller girl down.

 

"You wish, loser", Lisa retaliated, now biting on Jisoo's arm.

 

Jennie wanted to scold the girls but couldn't help a laugh seeing their position. She swears they'll be the death of her. 

 

"Come on, babe", she coos in a cute tone that she's sure her girlfriend couldn't resist.

 

Lisa turns to her with a pout, "Oh, come on now, babe. Why you gotta use that aegyo now. I'm almost winning." 

 

"But we really need help in the kitchen", the brunette bats her eyelashes in the most adorable way she can, "Who's gonna fry the bacon?"

 

The short-haired blonde heaves out a rather dramatic sigh before letting go of Jisoo. The latter then got up with a huge grin while doing her little crackhead dance.

 

"Hah, who's the loser now, whipped cream!", Jisoo playfully mocks and sprints to the kitchen before Lisa could catch her.

 

Jennie could only let out another laugh and helps her girlfriend stand on her feet, circling her arms around the girl and giving her a soft peck.

 

"Now, let's fry the bacon, yeah?", she gives her her signature gummy smile and pulls the girl back to the kitchen.

 

"So, who won the wrestling today, crackheads?", Roseanne asks in sarcasm while flipping a pancake.

 

"Apparently, Jisoo cheated", Lisa answered while preparing the pan.

 

"Excuse me?? How on earth did I cheat now?", Jisoo pulled a stool and slumped over the counter, "Not my fault you're whipped, y'know."

 

The taller girl just playfully rolls her eyes and starts frying the bacon.

 

"Stop teasing the baby and mix the pancake, Jisoo", Roseanne laughs, earning a soft kick on the shin from Lisa.

 

"Why are we having pancakes for dinner, anyway?", the oldest asks.

 

"Because Rosie can't have heavy dinner. She's got a date tonight", Jennie was the one who answered, wriggling her brows teasingly as she does.

 

"Really now? Who's the unlucky girl?", Lisa commented before dodging a flying pot holder gloves tossed by the blonde. 

 

"Of course, my girlfriend", Roseanne answers, "And please, she's the luckiest for having me."

 

Jisoo stifles a laugh and the tall blonde tosses yet another pot holder glove to her direction.

 

"Ugh, why are guys like this??", she shot daggers at her bestfriends.

 

"Kidding, Rosie Posie. Have fun with your girlfriend", Lisa tosses a teasing wink, "By the way, which girlfriend?"

 

Jennie and Jisoo burst out laughing.

 

"I— ", Roseanne glares hard at them, "I only have one girlfriend, dimwit."

 

"Alright, if you say so, chick magnet", Lisa smirks, almost done with the bacon, "Seriously, though, you should learn from me."

 

Jennie, who was now preparing the table, raises a brow at the girl, "Learn what, Lalisa?"

 

"I mean, y'know, I could give Rosie some of my pick up lines—"

 

"And you use your pick up lines to other girls, Lalisa??"

 

The tall blonde shook her head faster than the speed of light, "No no no, babe, of course not. I mean, I only use them to you, of course, heh."

 

It was Roseanne's turn to laugh, "Busted. But okay, Ms. Girl Expert, let me hear one of those pick up lines."

 

"Well, um..."

 

Jisoo was now starting to laugh.

 

"What did the ocean say to the beach?", Lisa asks.

 

The three girls all raised a brow at her, "What?"

 

Lisa looks at each of them, before grinning, "Nothing. It just waved."

 

"The was that??"

 

"How is that a pick up line??"

 

Jennie was facepalming herself.

 

"Look, it doesn't matter if it's a cheesy line or a joke. What matters is that, you made your girl smile", Lisa said, surely proud of herself.

 

"Did you see us smile, you moron?", Jisoo remarks.

 

Roseanne was about to throw hands.

 

"Alright, kids, playtime's over. Dinner's ready!", Jennie announced, stifling a laugh.

 

"Thank Good heavens, pancakes saved Lisa's lame ", Jisoo said before getting hit by an apron.

 

~•~

 

"I think I need to start finding my own apartment", Roseanne was shaking her head while putting on her shoes, "I mean, look at them. Do I still want to live with these imbeciles?"

 

Jennie, who was laughing hard at the sight, could only nod, "Trust me, Rosie. You're gonna miss them big time if you move out."

 

The blonde takes another glance at Lisa and Jisoo who were now playing superheroes, with Jisoo on Lisa's back.

 

"Well, yeah", she turns back to the brunette with a smile, "Maybe I will."

 

Jennie reciprocates the smile and ushers the girl towards the door, "Hey, go now. You'll be late for your date."

 

Roseanne nods and shouts a quick good bye to the crackhead duo before leaving the apartment.

 

"Okay, you two, playtime's over", Jennie said while starting to pick up scattered pillows on the floor, "Let's get ready for bed."

 

Lisa got up from the floor and helps her best buddy on her feet while still laughing, "Alright, let's get you to bed, shorty."

 

"Excuse me??"

 

Jisoo muttered strings of words when Lisa lifted her and takes her to her room. Jennie was left cleaning up their mess, still laughing in the background.

 

The door of Jisoo's room clicked close as Lisa carefully puts the shorter girl to bed. Just as Jisoo thought Lisa's leaving, the blonde plops herself on the bed beside her.

 

Silence engulfed them both. No one dared to talk for a couple of minutes. They're just laying there. Staring at whatever's interesting at the ceiling.

 

"Can you promise me one thing, Chu?", Lisa was the one to break the silence.

 

Jisoo took a deep breath, closes her eyes, before opening them again to look at the blonde, "What is it?"

 

Lisa stares back at her. Eyes filled with longingness, regret, and lost hope.

 

"If we ever get a chance in this lifetime", her voice cracks, "Promise me, we'll take it."

 

Jisoo purses her lips and takes her time to scan the outline of the girl's face, and thought of how cruel the universe is for breaking this beautiful soul.

 

She nodded. How could she ever let that chance go? So she nodded.

 

"I promise", a lone tear escaped her eyes, "We'll take it."

 

Lisa gives her a smile and wipes the tear away before getting up. She bends over and gives Jisoo one lingering kiss on her forehead. 

 

And she left the room.

 

Leaving both of them to hold on to the promise they know they couldn't keep.