Anticipation

All Night

Yoohyeon continues on waiting for Siyeon all night, even if she knows damn well that it'll take a bit more time before she gets to feel the latter's presence, whether she likes it or not.

 

The younger is on her bed, staring at the ceiling in the comfort of her and her girlfriend's room. Speaking of her girlfriend, she hasn't returned from her errands with Yubin.

 

She's pleasantly surprised that she has been persistent, holding on when she could just fall asleep, feeling the lips on her forehead and her hair getting tucked behind her ears.

 

Siyeon's warm embraces are one of a kind... Which is the reason why Yoohyeon shivers at the cool air hitting her skin. The latter just wants some company and sweet kisses.

 

She doesn't know why she's basically torturing herself from the lack of sleep she is getting but her dedication in staying awake seems to stop herself from drifting to the much needed sleep.

 

She waits some more, her head throbbing and her vision spinning around like those thrilling rides at amusement parks. The dizziness is agonizing and she swears she sees black.

 

That's when reality hits her like a heavy truck. The oh-so-ing-sad reality that she's waiting for someone who's no longer beside her, whispering reassuring and lovely words.

 

Yubin's out of the country and Siyeon... She'll never come back to her insane lover. The thing is, Yoohyeon hasn't slept for who knows how long it has been, because her girlfriend's gone.

 

Lee Siyeon remains as an unforgotten memory in Kim Yoohyeon's lane of traumatic events. Anticipation is a word that is stuck with the latter for the rest of her life in rock bottom.

 

Yoohyeon is too exhausted to let out tears, or to dwell on the same old emotions that she has. She can't even feel pain anymore, as everything in her damned life is full of that.

 

She doesn't know if she's dreaming or if this is the reality that she has to face. Her friends are uncertain if she'll even distinguish the illusions and the real things that she sees.

 

One thing's for sure. Once she wakes up from her slumber, she'll meet the blinding lights of an unfamiliar room, seeing her same friends looking at her in shock and worry.

 

After a long battle with consciousness, she decides to fall asleep. Her heartbeat slows down, breathing getting uneven, memories of her and Siyeon playing like in the movies.

 

In what feels like forever, her body twitches and her ears nearly get blown off by sounds of beeping and the roaring air conditioner. At least she feels rested, and oddly alive again.

 

Red clouds her vision. She thinks it's just the lights being too close to her. The said beeping sounds though... It's way too familiar to her, and she's never had her AC make loud noises.

 

She then hears voices. Said voices sound exactly the same as those from her friends. "Oh my goodness, Yooh's moving!" A specific voice whisper-shouts, and her heart thuds.

 

Without wasting any more time figuring out what is going on with all the noises that she's hearing, her eyes slowly open, head adjusting its position, and hands slightly trembling.

 

The first thing she obviously sees is the lights on the ceiling, then she sees that she's laying on a hospital bed. She glances at her right side, and her eyes widen at the people.

 

Yubin is sitting beside Minji and Bora, Gahyeon and Handong being next to three. The girl that she's been dying to see for a long time is sitting on a chair next to the said bed.

 

She wants to gasp and profusely blink her eyes, but her head feels like its being stabbed by multiple swords of headaches and drowsiness. Her energy's completely depleted.

 

She makes eye contact with the one and only, Siyeon, her lips involuntary forming a small smile, and her heart starting to beat faster. Gahyeon sees the heart monitor, and screams.

 

Anticipation is a word that Siyeon's about to remove from her dictionary as she nearly lost hope in Yoohyeon waking up. It's the year 2017 when the younger got to the coma state.

 

It's the year 2022 when she's back to the real world, where her lover in the dream world is still alive, but no longer the same Siyeon who tenderly treats her and deeply loves her.

 

It stings but it is what it is. She thinks it's better this way than waking up to nothing (dream Siyeon). But she wants herself to believe that Siyeon does feel something for her.

 

Little did Yoohyeon know, Siyeon was planning on having "the talk" with her before she got into an accident, resulting in her five years of life in the traumatizing coma world.

 

The sad thing? Siyeon's in a relationship with Minji. If Yoohyeon ever finds out about that, she'll likely jump off a building and deal with the afterlife instead of getting heartbroken.

 

Anticipation for Yoohyeon is playing the non-existent waiting game. Anticipation for Siyeon is hoping for the impossible and nothing. In the end, anticipation is not worth doing...

 

It cost her the remaining sanity and her possible love life... And it cost Siyeon her said feelings of the younger girl, getting replaced by her love for Minji.

 

Yoohyeon will have her already wounded heart shatter into pieces once more.