Crosses

THE END
Notes:
Initial notice:
"The End" is an original content story, based on the book saga "The Walking Dead" and belonging to my collection called "Apocalypse Saga". It, like another story of my own, intertwines in a universe where the known world no longer exists.
This story connects with 3 more stories marked by the same plot and that will soon be released, separately, here on the platform.
 
° They are:
 
-- Who lives, who dies
 
-- Who tells your story
 
-- Don't Stop (Battle) - A Yoogi centric.
 
-- ° The End (as a "closing")
 
All will be part of the Apocalypse Saga and will soon have an ending.
 
---------------
 
Suggestion:
 
☕The song played in this story is 'Crosses' by José Gonzales, link below.
☕I recommend listening to the song when reading the chapter.
 
Yt: https://t.co/Dmhh8A6LPY
 
Work Text:Single chapter - The End
 
 
---
 
The wristwatch showed some time around 7:15 pm. Obviously it was wrong, because of the position of the sun, the young girl with short hair was able to idealize a time close to 17:00 in the afternoon. Close to horde time. She sighed. Her fingers, covered in dirty bandages as were her palms, played with the trigger of the locked gun. She was anxious, wouldn't deny it.
 
- Hyunjin? -The little distant voice of her companion reached her ears-Sorry for the delay, many stores. I intercepted a message, I think... Well, I don't know who it was from, looks like there's a horde approaching. - She sat up, stopping the actions of Hyunjin's fingers. - How are your fingers?
 
Kim blinked a few times.
 
-They're fine, I think...-she whispered.
 
- She got hard on you...
 
- She hammered my fingers, Heejin. Her voice hardened. - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...
 
Heejin waved his hands, his arms also protected by bandages showing through the tank top.
 
- No problem... She tortured you Hyunjin. - Heejin whispered, Hyunjin's fingers.
 
Small tears welled up in Hyunjin's eyes.
 
- She blames me... It was my fault. -She whimpered.
 
-It wasn't her fault, you know that. - Heejin's eyes lifted - It's almost time... Want to see what I brought? - Heejin rummaged around in the nearby bag, pulling out a rounded object along with a bunch of wires.
 
- A discmen? She-she questioned amusedly.
 
- Cool huh? -She commented with bright eyes-There's a CD in here. Here, take the phone-she extended the white wire towards the girl. - I'll play.
 
- How do you know that?
 
- Your mother was a little old-fashioned. Even though she had the preference in stating that she was "classic".
 
The air weighed between the two young women bringing an uncomfortable silence. Heejin slid his fingers along the discmen's plastic, cursing himself for the words he had spoken earlier.
 
- I forget that you two were quite close. -She commented. - Do you think she'll be there?
 
- I don't know Jinnie...
 
A thick mass of bodies formed on the horizon. Rotten carcasses staggered along, the putrid stench beginning to rise toward the city as a warning of approaching danger. Being closer to Hyunjin, the girl with long brown hair could wrap her arms around the younger one's waist, and the music started.
 
[Don't you know that I'll be around to guide you
Through your weakest moments to leave them behind you
Returning Nightmares Only Shadows
We'll cast some light and you'll be alright
We'll cast some light and you'll be alright for now.]
 
The horde was approaching the city a little slower than usual. The cloth mask covering the disguised woman's nose tingled for a few seconds, her nose slowly getting used to the scent that came from the dead around her. Buildings grew in front of her eyes, taking over the view of the city, cars could be seen parked well above the sidewalks, as if they had been dragged into such a position. The sun was already setting, its orange light painting the tops of the buildings, briefly blocking the vision of the two young women. The woman could see them quite clearly, together on the edge of an old communications building, watching the horde pass.
 
[Crosses all over, heavy on your shoulders
The sirens inside you waiting to sleep forward
Disturbing silence darkness you sight
We'll cast some light and you'll be alright
We'll cast some light and you'll be alright now.]
 
" The blonde woman entered the room in full despair. Her face with strong features was marked by the thick tears that flowed for hours. She gasped at the sight of her daughter's slight figure in the middle of the room, her face barely bruised by scratches and eyes as swollen as her own, inwardly she thanked the heavens for the miracles.
 
- Hyunjin. Oh my god, my daughter! Where were you? - Strong arms surrounded Hyunjin's very thin and trembling body - Was he hurt a lot? I was so worried, God... -Quick kisses were deposited on her head. - Don't do it again, either. You know how dangerous the outside world is to go out alone. Please Hyunjin, you scared us. - The woman spoke with a shaky voice, squeezing her daughter's shoulders. - Where is the...
 
Tears came down even harder as realization washed over her. In a gesture from her own daughter, the world seemed to come crashing down. Hyunjin held himself tightly in his mother's arms, her sobs being heard from a distance of two quarters from where she was.
 
- T-She d-died mom, she died! It's all my fault, it's all my fault-she cried with a shaky voice. - Forgive me... Forgive me... "
 
[Crosses all over the boulevard 
Crosses all over the boulevard
Crosses all over the boulevard
Crosses all over the boulevard]
 
The eyes met in the middle of the passage, mother and daughter. Two silent messages were exchanged, as well as hidden smiles, which could not be seen but were there. It was as if it were a last conversation, but not a farewell, both, at that moment, knew that they would soon be together again, a new family.
 
The horde retreated with shuffling steps and noisy groans as the sun said goodbye and the moon graced them with its presence. Both young women sighed, packing their belongings into nearby bags and slightly old backpacks, in silent agreement that it was time to leave.
 
- So you mean your last name is not Kim? - Heejin whispered as he went down the stairs of the building.
 
- So you mean they weren't your mothers, but your aunts? - Hyunjin retaliated, an amused smile playing on his lips.
 
- Touch is my face. -She raised her eyebrow slightly, mounting the nearest bike. - You may...?
 
Hyunjin approached the only ground floor window. The dead bodies were already close to the end of the city, leaving at that moment proved to be safe.
 
- They've already left, I think we can go. - He said approaching and riding behind Heejin, his arms went around the girl's waist and his head rested on Heejin's shoulder.
 
The key was turned as the gate opened, no noise was heard, not even the motorbike's engine. Heejin's hands tightened on the handlebars, wet in anticipation.
 
- Where are we going now? -He questioned.
 
- I do not know. - Hyunjin replied - Where do you want to go?
 
- I'll give you the choice this time.
 
- So... Towards the unknown?
 
Heejin slightly turned his head, raising his eyebrow and smiling slightly.
 
- Like you? Until the end of the world. - He stated.
 
The start was given and the motorcycle moved away from that destroyed city. They would be saying goodbye to the entire society already formed, decided, at that moment, that they would break through that whole dead world, with a promise that someday they would return to the walled city.
 
And there, they both dispersed, each to one side. The horde was already far enough away for the disguised woman to turn one last time, watching her daughter walk away to somewhere on the horizon. Something gleamed deep in the woman's eyes. Hyunjin was everything she once dared to want, brave, fair and undeniably faithful. She blames herself for the relapse with her daughter, and she knew her wife blamed her for the same.
 
" I'm sorry Sana, but you see, you did much better on your own... I'm sorry, I wish it were different."
 
[The streets outside your window overflooded
People staring, they know you've been broken
Repeatedly remembered by the looks on their faces
Ignore them tonight and you'll be alright
We'll cast some light and you'll be alright]