bad luck

stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon rubs her arms over her the fabric of her hoodie. It was incredibly chilly tonight and Mina was already 10 minutes late. She had no issue waiting even for how long but at this rate, she'll freeze to death in another 20 minutes.

 

Jeongyeon doesn't know when and how this setup had taken place but it surely has become a routine: 

Jeongyeon gets off work, waits for Mina to close up the studio and head home together.

 

Jeongyeon checks the time on her phone, again, wondering why Mina is taking longer than usual.

 

She considers using the heatpack she bought from the convenience store just as the sliding doors open, revealing Mina and a girl, a head smaller than Jeongyeon.

 

"Hi, Jeong." Mina finally turns to her after she says her goodbyes to the other girl. "That was Chaeyoung, she just came in a while ago," Mina grunts as she struggles to pull the rusty accordion doors close, "along with few others."

 

Jeongyeon just hums as she helps Mina close up. "Good to know business is bustling. You should get rich quickly so you could replace these goddamned doors."

 

"Here," Jeongyeon hands the heatpack to Mina. Mina looks at her questioningly.
"I'm not cold." Jeongyeon tries to reassure Mina with a smile.
"Say that to me when your snot's not dripping from your nose." Jeongyeon quickly attempted to wipe her nose until she hears Mina laugh.

 

"Got you."

 

-

 

It's around the fifth time (cumulatively, for this month) Jeongyeon sends Mina a text message saying that she can't show up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter