fin.

5 Karinas or 5 Year Old Jimin? Or Both?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aeri doesn’t consider herself a delusional person. It's not like she's ever had strange hallucinations in the past, too. Sure, she's always dreamt of what it would feel like to be Timothée Chalamet's best friend or girlfriend, and thinks it's funny to delude herself into thinking that she gets to marry her favorite actors and actresses or something, but that's about as far as her wildddd 'delusions' can get.

 

Aeri was more of a realist than anything else, really. She knows how to differentiate fiction from reality. She knows where to draw the line between the two.

 

But when she woke up one day, feeling very odd, she sensed that something was different . First of all, her roommate, Jimin, wasn't anywhere inside the room. It's only 5 in the morning, and normally, Jimin would wake up at 6 o' clock. She wouldn't wake up earlier or later than that. Well, there's the possibility that Jimin just decided to wake up at 5 in the morning, but it just doesn't make sense, because even if Jimin had to wake up very early for something the next day, you'll still find her snoozing away until 6 in the morning. So something was definitely weird. Aeri just doesn't know what.

 

The biggest giveaway to Aeri was that-

 

Since when did Jimin start liking chocolates again?

 

Aeri knows for a fact that Jimin absolutely disliked chocolates. She would eat chocolates if they were offered to her by someone to not seem rude, but she wouldn't willingly buy a box of chocolates on her own. So why were there not one but ten opened boxes (and way too many empty wrappers) of chocolate on Jimin's bed?

 

Okay, maybe the whole chocolates thing was a bit of a reach, but it didn't answer the question that was looming above Aeri's head with a big question mark.

 

Where is Jimin?

 

The many questions in her head are almost answered when she exits their room to see five people — or five, tiny toddlers who all had the same innocent, precious and adorable face — running around the living room, playing a game of (what looked like) tag, Aeri thinks that she was mistaken about her previous deduction that she's never hallucinated about things before.

 

The five— no, four kids, minus their other twin, who seemed to be busy doing something on her phone, stopped running around when they realized that Aeri was there. One of them was wearing what Aeri recognized was Jimin's favorite (she knows this because of how often they had washed their clothes together and saw that same pair of underwear every time) on her head and Jimin's favorite blue towel as an oversized cape, brandishing a metal ladle in her hand as she stood on the couch next to Phone Girl.

 

It was then, when the Phone Girl jumped up in joy, her phone sounding—  signalling her victory in Gardenscapes , that Aeri realized what had happened.

 

She's in the same room as five younger Jimins.

 

"Ah, Aeri-unnie, my dear lady!" Underwear Jimin pompously said, puffing her chest out as she smiled victoriously like a warrior who had won a battle. "Good morning! Super Jjiman made pancakes for everyone!"

 

They even call me 'unnie', thought Aeri to herself, horrified, because her Jimin was the older one between them.

 

" Underwear Jimin is lying, Aeri-unnie! She was- S-She was—" the poor Jimin wearing a blue dress started to sob loudly (Underwear Jimin protested at the name she had called her with), unable to say any more, and Aeri had the sisterly urge to kneel down and give her a hug. And she does just that, patting the girl's back soothingly.

 

"Aeri-unnieeeee~" Someone says behind her, giggling profusely. "Aeri-unnieeee, good morning hehehe~"

 

Aeri blinked. 

 

Standing up slowly, she took a closer look at the five children in the living room.

 

One was sobbing very loudly (Aeri'll find out why she's crying later); another was clinging onto her, giggling as she hugged Aeri's knees tightly; Underwear Jimin was still grinning up at her pompously; the other one looked too shy to approach her, looking too small in her oversized navy blue sweater; and Gardenscapes Jimin resumed playing her game, obviously determined to reach the next level.

 

"How old are you again?" asked Aeri slowly. They looked younger than 10.

 

"Five!"

"Jjiman is five!"

"... I'm five…!"

"Hehehe, Jimin-ie is five!"

"F-Five."

 

Aeri blinked again.

 

So this— these Jimins, were all seventeen years younger than her Jimin. The Jimin in their universe.

 

It made her wonder if there were also five 5-year-old Aeris in this universe and Aeri shuddered at the thought, revolted at the idea of five more younger versions of herself being just as gross as she remembers her younger self to be, playing with her old LPS figurines, doing the Harlem Shake with her fancy sunglasses, or literally any embarrassing childhood ery that she had done before.

 

This is so weird, Aeri thought to herself, pinching her arm. Nothing. She pinches her cheeks. Nothing. She pinches a little harder. Nothing.

 

Surely, she couldn't be in some sort of strange fairy tale?

 

She wasn't waking up from this dream — or was it a nightmare? — and the girls seemed confused by her const

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter