Family Date

Amusement Park

An Yujin has been pacing back and forth on the hall of IVE’s dorm while her members are watching a movie. Wonyoung who had enough of it, threw a pillow at the older.

Yah!” Yujin shouted at Wonyoung with her eyebrow raised.
You’ve been at it for a while now! The movie’s about to reach the . Please sit down, unnie!” Wonyoung retorted

With a pout, Yujin sat beside Leeseo who was eating popcorn and is focused on the movie. The latter suddenly felt the comfortable sofa moving. It was Yujin with her restless leg. Leeseo tried to bear with it because she knows why the older’s legs are jumping up and down non-stop.. “Unnie must be stressed about something..” she thought and tried to focus on the movie. However, she gave up after a few minutes, worried about her unnie but because she can’t bear it anymore.

Leeseo suddenly hugged the older and pouted. “Unnie, you’re moving your legs again.
Oh? I did? Sorry, Hyunseo-ah.” Yujin apologized and stood up instead.

Gaeul heard what’s happening and paused the movie just in time that the credits are rolling. Everybody looked at her, they saw that Gaeul’s looking at Yujin and followed the line of sight.

You look bothered, unnie. What’s wrong?” – Rei
Yeah, you never bounce your legs unless you’re thinking about something.” – Liz
Guys, what’s the date today?” – Gaeul
It’s 12th of Feb. Why, unnie?” – Wonyoung
AH!” Leeseo screamed. Everybody turned their heads to the younger.
Leeseo-ya, why did you do that? You startled everybody.” Yujin scolded their maknae.
Leeseo smiled apologetically. “Sorry, unnie-deuls. I just thought why Yujin unnie’s troubled.” The younger announced with a chuckle.
Huh? Why?” Rei asked.
It’s because Valentines is coming in two days!” the younger exclaimed.

Everybody but Yujin exclaimed and “AH!”, connecting the dots. Yujin just scratched the back of her head and Wonyoung chuckled.

She must be thinking of what to do for Minju unnie.
Wony…” Yujin turned to sit next to Wonyoung with puppy eyes. “What should I do?
Why are you asking me? Isn’t that your responsibility?” Wonyoung eyed the older.
Tchh, you turned cold to your favorite unnie after dating Chaewon unnie! Hmmph!” Yujin crossed her arms and pouted and Wonyoung just rolled her eyes at the older.

Worry not, unnie!” Leeseo exclaimed. “I got you!
Leeseo-yaaaa, you’re the only one I have!” Yujin almost cooed at how the maknae was pumping her chest proudly.
Here we go with the trouble duo.” Gaeul massaged her temples.

Wonyoung, Rei and Liz just smiled at the older while Yujin and Leeseo make way to the leader’s room. Probably to talk about Leeseo’s idea.

 

Leeseo, are you sure about this?” Yujin asked the younger who was eating the older’s yogurt.
Of course, unnie! Works every time! Rei unnie loved it. She was so happy she couldn’t stop herself from smiling.” Leeseo replied as she ate a spoonful of yogurt.

Rei was passing by the older’s room where Leeseo and Yujin is currently at while shaking her head.

Good luck, unnie.” Rei silently wished as she went into her room.

 

Minju was currently reviewing some scripts sent by her company to her when she received a text message from her and Yujin’s baby; Leeseo.

From: Leeseo~💙

Minju unnie~ are you busy right now?

To: Leeseo~💙

Never too busy for my babyyyy! Why?

From: Leeseo~💙

Let me call!

Before Minju can even reply to the message, the younger’s already calling her.

Aish.. this aegi..” Minju chuckled and answered the phone.  She was greeted by a hyper Leeseo.
Leeseo-ya, why are you still hyper? It’s kind of late already.” Minju asked the younger and put away the scripts on her bedside table.
Yujin unnie gave me yogurt earlier and I’m happy about it. Hehe
Oh? She did that? She doesn’t give out her yogurt… unless…
Whatever you’re thinking, eomma, it’s not it.
Oh? Why are you guilty?” Minju chuckled, thinking that Leeseo might be pouting and sulking right now because of the silence.
Why did you call anyway?” Minju asked.
Oh, right! I was actually wondering if you’re free this valentine’s. I want to ask you and Yujin unnie out for a date! The three of us! Like a family!” Leeseo replied enthusiastically.
Family..” Minju smiled at what Leeseo said. “Okay!

Success!” Leeseo thought. Minju and her continued to chat until Yujin knocked on the younger’s door. It’s supposedly her bed time but her lights are still on, reason why Yujin checked on the younger.

Yujin opened the door slowly so peak on Leeseo. “Oh? She forgot to turn off her lights. Aigoo..” Yujin whispered quietly as she approach the younger slowly. Yujin pulled Leeseo’s blanket properly to the younger’s chest. “This kid.. you should put your blanket properly. What if you get cold..” Yujin whispered as she looks for the air-conditioning’s temperature, thankful it isn’t too cold. “Sleep well, Leeseo-ya.” Yujin gave the younger a peck on top of her head before she the bed side lamp and went out of the room.

Unbeknownst to the charismatic leader, their maknae is only pretending to be asleep and is still on call with Minju who’s on cahoots with her.

See, eomma? She’s acting tough but she’s actually sweet to me!” Leeseo said once she heard the door of her room shut.
Yeah, she is.” Minju answered with a smile. “Sleep now or I’ll tell you to Yujin.” Minju told the younger.
ehe, okay eomma! See you in next 2 days!

The two of them said their good nights to each other and the younger went to sleep while Minju dialed another number.

Hi love!” Minju greeted as soon as her call was picked up.
Hey love, it’s already late. Why are you still up?” Yujin greeted the older with a chuckle. Indicating she was happy with the older calling her.
Nothing, I was on call with Leeseo earlier before she fell asleep.
Ahh, that’s why she forgot her lights.
Mhm.. Leeseo asked me to go out with the two of you on valentines.
Oh? She already asked you? I was just about to. You weren’t replying so I thought you were busy. Turns out you’re talking with Leeseo.” Yujin said, a bit sulky.
Oh? An Yujin? What’s this? Are you jealous of the kid?” Minju chuckled.
Jealous? Pfft. No. You’re both An’s!” Yujin retorted.

Yujin and Minju have been going out for a while now but the ever-shy Minju is still not used when Yujin refers to her as an “An” already. Minju felt her face flushed a bit but a smile crept up her lips.

Psh, you smooth talker!” Minju screamed at the younger.
Good night, love! See you soon!” Yujin chuckled.
Min-night, Yudingss~” Minju replied before ending the call.

 

 

It’s Valentine’s Day and every member of IVE’s outside. Including the maknae, Leeseo. She’s currently on the way to fetch her eomma with Yujin who was driving a car she bought some time ago to surprise her girlfriend.

They pulled up beside an apartment complex somewhere along the silent streets of Seoul. Leeseo hurriedly went down and ran towards the woman who appeared to be waiting for them. Yujin shook her head with a smile on her face as she goes down the car, approaching the woman that’s now being hugged by Leeseo.

Hey, love. Sorry we’re a bit late.” Yujin hugged the both of them and gave Minju a peck on top of her head.
It’s okay, Yudings. I know it’s quite traffic since it’s still early.” Minju smiled at her girl friend’s gesture.
Uhmm.. eommas, I’m here…?” Leeseo said looking at her unnies. The two older girls laughed at the younger’s cute gesture. Yujin and Minju looked at each other and pulled the younger towards the car.
Omona- yudings, this is a good car!” Minju exclaimed as soon as she saw a BMW M8 Gran Coupe.
hehe Yujin unnie and I carefully picked it!” Leeseo proudly pumped her chest.
Yes, yes. Please get inside.” Yujin opened the door of the shotgun seat and the door of the back seat at the same side.

Leeseo hopped towards the seat at the back while Yujin assisted her girl friend to the shotgun seat. Yujin placed her hand under the hood and held the door wide for Minju. The older blushed as she smile towards the younger. Yujin ran around the car to get to the driver seat. Leeseo started to happily chatter at the back.

Nae, eomma eomma! Did you know? Yujin unnie liked the 2-seater version of this car at first but then she thought of me and looked for a family car instead.” Leeseo and Minju chuckled.
Well, this isn’t really a family car but I need a car that fits 3 people..” Yujin said as she pulls her seatbelt down and make sure it clicked before turning on the engine. She also smoothly did Minju’s seatbelt as well and reminded Leeseo to put hers which the kid obliged.

Yujin skillfully drive out of the street and joined the highway, not aware of Minju’s blush when they came in close contact earlier.

I thought she would kiss me..” Minju thought as she looked out the window.

Yujin peaked at the rear view mirror to look at the kid at the back who was smiling and looking out the window like Minju is.

You guys look like mother and daughter right now.” Yujin said and chuckled.
Cause we are! Hmmp!” Leeseo retorted.
Minju just chuckled and took a look at the driving Yujin. “Where are we going?
You’ll see, love.” Yujin answered, keeping her eyes straight on the road.

 

 

Is this where I think it is?!” Minju excitedly asked and that got Leeseo’s attention to look at the road and keep her phone.
Waaaahhh!! Lotte?!?!” Leeseo exclaimed.

Yujin chuckled and nodded at how excited the two are.

Yaaaay!!” Both Minju and Leeseo exclaimed and did a high five as Yujin parked in a not too crowded parking lot.

Yujin turned off the engine and undid her seatbelt and did it to Minju’s as well, carefully letting it roll back. “I’ll open the door for you guys, stay there.” Yujin said, almost an order. The two girls don’t have a choice but to nod as Yujin went out and circled around to their doors, opening them simultaneously, doing the same thing as she did when Minju sat in the shotgun seat. Yujin double checked that she parked properly and locked the doors. Leeseo held each one hand of her “parents” with Minju on the right and Yujin on the left and started to walk towards the entrance of the amusement park. The two older girls couldn’t help but smile dotingly at their “daughter”.

The three girls are now inside the amusement park. It’s two hours before lunch time so they decided to do easy indoor rides first and go check out souvenir shops for some accessories they can wear as they go around the park. Leeseo pulled them into the “Adventures of Sinbad” ride, saying she really wanted to see it.

The “Adventures of Sinbad” is a water type 10 minutes ride depicting a story. It goes through a dark cave with lots of displays, some moving and some even making noises. Yujin’s sitting in between of the two girls reasoning that the girls are kind of scared of the dark and they would like to cling on her. The scaredy cats did somehow shrieked when they were surprised with some displays but nonetheless, it wasn’t that scary. (They still did cling on Yujin though.)

Leeseo then pulled them next into the “Jungle Adventure” ride, not far from the last ride they went in. The two older girls just happily went with the younger.

The “Jungle Adventure” is a same type of ride as the “Adventures of Sinbad” but this time, it’s a circle boat with a bit of rapids. They came out laughing at how Leeseo was a bit wet due to the rapids. Minju grabbed the bag from Yujin and pulled out a small towel and took care of their daughter.

They went on to ride the “Aeronaut Balloon”. The three was gasping at how high they are in the air, overlooking the other rides. Minju spotted a cinema like attraction and pulled the other two there after their ride at the balloon.

Whoa! This is awesome!” Leeseo exclaimed.
Agree! This is so cool!” Yujin said with a gasp.

That’s because Minju pulled them into a 3D/VR spaced theme show, “Across the Dark”. The other two can’t see Minju right now but the girl has her eyes wide open and an agape mouth, equally amazed.

Leeseo’s stomach growled as soon as they went out of the attraction, it earned a chuckle from her parents and Yujin decided they should eat lunch.

The trio went inside a family restaurant that served both snacks and meals and once they had their fill, they went out and purchased popcorn on a nearby stall. Yujin pulled them over to the “Fairytale Theatre” of the Kidzone to watch “Sergio’s Magic Show” and “Hansel and Gretel”, a musical.

Unnie, this is for kids.” Leeseo pouted.
I heard the other day that you haven’t had the chance to watch this though? Besides, you’re still a kid.” Yujin pinched the younger’s nose. Leeseo seemed like sulking but is actually touched with the gesture of the older. Minju just looked at them dotingly and went back to watching the show.

The actors are good! I actually enjoyed that more than I think I would.” Minju exclaimed.
Yeahhh! The magic show was amazing!” Leeseo continued.
Yujin just chuckled and asked them a question. “You guys ready now for the fun and extreme rides?

Both the girls nodded and Yujin lead the way out to the outdoor attractions of the park.

Leeseo excitedly ran around seeing the exciting attractions. Going to one ride to another, Leeseo pulled her parents to the “Swing Tree”, to the “Gyro Spin”, and to the “Bungee Drop”. They also went to the attractions that Minju and Yujin suggested such as the “Flume Ride” and “Atlantis”.

Minju found a snack stall nearby and sat at one of the chairs. “If you guys want to ride more, you can leave me here.” She said with a tired voice.

Yujin and Leeseo looked at each other and smiled, they made their way to the chairs next to Minju and sat as well.

Let’s take a break.” Yujin said and left to order a few snacks. After about 10 minutes, Yujin came back with burgers, sandwich, fries and some drinks which the trio happily shared.

They took an almost an hour break, chatting and taking photos in between when Leeseo spotted an ice cream stall. Yujin suggested to buy ice creams and eat them as they go back indoors to go to the aquariums.

The trio enjoyed their time strolling around the aquariums that they didn’t see the time.

Oh no! It’s already this late, there’s fireworks show in a few mins. Hurry, baby-deuls, we’ll miss it!” Yujin pulled both Leeseo and Minju out of the aquariums and ran into the fountain on the center of the park. There’s a parade and fireworks show in a bit but the park isn’t overly crowded. Just enough for people to be comfortable. Minju sighed in relief and sat at the edge of the fountain and the two followed suit. Obviously tired from going around.

When the fireworks started, Leeseo immediately took her phone out to take photos and walked a bit off distance to capture a perfect photo.

Don’t go too far, Leeseo-ya!” Yujin screamed and with Leeseo gone, Yujin held Minju’s hand. The older looked at the younger with a smile.

Did you have fun?” Yujin asked the older.
Yep! It’s so much fun. Spending the day with you and Leeseo, I honestly couldn’t ask for more.” Minju answered the younger and gave her a peck on the cheeks. “Good job with our date, my love.” She praised the younger.
Actually, I was planning to only go out with you but the members all had plans and Leeseo would be left alone if I go out as well. I thought of not going out but that would obviously upset you. It’s a special date and our schedules finally matched so I was stressed out to what to do. So, I’m really happy with what you said.” Yujin told the older. Minju hugged the younger tight which Yujin returned.
The amusement park isn’t originally my plan, it’s Leeseo’s. We were talking and she thought I was having a hard time thinking what to do then she suggested it. As she talks, I figured out it was something she wants to do instead so I thought why not spend the day together.. with the three of us.” Yujin continued.
I’m actually glad there isn’t a lot of people today. We’re bound to attract attention if ever.” Minju voiced out her concern.
About that…
Minju looked at the younger. “Don’t tell me..
Yeah, I did something about that. You know how I used to build connections and stuff, right? I used it right here, don’t ask how but I guarantee it’s not illegal.” Yujin replied. Minju sighed at the younger’s response and leaned her head again at her shoulders. Watching the fireworks and the parade show. Like in their own bubble.

While the two are on their own world, Leeseo looked at the couple with a smile and took photos from a distant.

 

 

After spending the day at the park, Yujin pulled both Minju and Leeseo into the Lotte World Tower. Overlooking the city in a bird’s eye view, Yujin prepared a simple dinner for the three of them. The dinner consists of some bread and soup, seafood, pastas and of course, a steak. Yujin immediately cut the steak in front of her and swapped her plate with Leeseo’s after. Minju was staring dotingly at her lover when she realized that Yujin had done the same thing for her. Minju mouthed a thank you to the younger and the latter just winked at her and started eating, not forgetting to put some food over the plates of the two women in front of her.

As soon as they were finished with their desserts, a waiter walked to Yujin holding two boxes wrapped in red with a ribbon. Yujin took them and handed them out to the two women in front of her.

Happy Valentine’s ladies.” Yujin greeted them.
Thank you, unnie!” Leeseo stood up and hugged Yujin.
Thanks, love!” Minju also stood up but gave a peck on Yujin’s lips.
Ehem, I’m right here?” Leeseo cleared and the two just smiled at her.

So.. what do you guys want to do?” Yujin asked.
Hmm.. unnie, I want to take a rest. I’m a bit tired, can I go down to the rooms?” Leeseo yawned.
Oh, we can go down together and rest.” Minju and Yujin started to get their stuff when Leeseo stood up and extended her hands to stop them.
Hep! No, I’m going down by myself. Enjoy your date!” Leeseo started to sprint out of the place and a waiter followed her outside.
 

Yujin and Minju just shook their head with how the younger acted.

So, up for some drinks, love?” Yujin asked the older and extended her hand.
Seems like you and Leeseo planned this, huh?” Minju replied, holding out to the younger’s hand.
Yujin intertwined their hands and lead Minju to the bar. “Kinda?” Yujin winked at the older.
Minju jokingly slapped Yujin’s shoulder. “You puppy—

The couple is now sitting at the bar stools, drinking the drink of their choice. A sangria for Minju and a Disaronno for Yujin. They catch up with each other’s activities. Minju revealed that she was sent some scripts to read and see if she wants to acts out on a few of them. Yujin was so happy that Minju’s finally on track with her dream, she hugged the older and spin her until they reached the dance floor.

I’m so proud of you, my love. You don’t know how happy I am.” Yujin rested her forehead against the older’s.
But.. I’ll be busier than ever and I might even have to go out of country.” Minju replied worriedly.
The distance and time don’t really matter to me, love.” Yujin cupped Minju’s cheeks and stared at her eyes with seriousness. “It doesn’t matter as it’s your dream. I’ll support you no matter what, we can spend time with each other once you’re done with your dramas or movies. Your dream is all you ever wanted, love. I can’t be the one to hinder you.
Minju was getting teary, touched with Yujin’s sincerity; she gave the younger a quick kiss. “I love you, I can’t even express how much, Yujin-ah.
Oh, I know how.” Yujin smiled cheekily before claiming the older’s lips again.

The bartender with an amazing sense played a song. The couple is now dancing to Faime’s ‘Feels Like You’, a perfect song for Yujin’s plan.

Yujin pulled out something from her pockets before the song ends and kneeled before Minju.

My love.” Yujin started and Minju gasped with her hands hiding her agape mouth. “I’m not proposing yet, we still have a long way to go but I really want to spend my lifetime with you.” Yujin continued and opened up the small box she was holding. “This is a promise ring, from me to you and only you.” Yujin removed the ring from the box and slides it in Minju’s index finger. The ring’s engraved with the word ‘y solo tu’ which means ‘and only you’. “It’s your index finger now, next one might be the thumb or the middle finger or the pinky finger.” Yujin teased the older in which the latter chuckled while tearing up. “But there will come a time that I’ll claim your ring finger, ask for your hand in marriage and spend the lifetime with me. Until then my love, please run free, chase your dreams. I’ll always be here to support you. I’d give you Gatorade if you get tired of chasing. I promise to always get you, my love. Always. I love you. Happy Valentine’s.” Minju pulled the younger and locked lips with her until both of them ran out of air.

 

 

Minju and Yujin went down to the shared room with Leeseo. They found the younger girl talking with the other IVE members, greeting each other for Valentine’s.

Oh! Eommas! Great timing!” Leeseo stood up and immediately went to Minju who’s eyes are puffy. Leeseo raised her eyebrows and looked at Yujin. Yujin confusedly looked at Leeseo who dived to her bed to get her phone and it showed Wonyoung and the other members in a video call.
Yujin unnie made Minju unnie cry!” Leeseo accused the leader in which Wonyoung heard.
Yah! Yujin unnie!” Wonyoung shouted and glared at the leader.
Yes, I did but for a different reason, silly.” Yujin flicker Leeseo’s forehead. Minju approached Leeseo and hugged the younger.
Calm down, baby tiger. I’ll tell you why later. Don’t end the call with baby Wony.” Minju pulled Leeseo to the bed and Minju her iPad and started a call with a certain group chat. Yujin laid down beside her girlfriend when Leeseo heard a simultaneous ring from Wonyoung and Yujin’s phone.

Uri Minju-yaaaa!!” Yena shouted.
Oh, you’re with Yujin. Hmm..” – Hyewon
Annyeong~” Nako, Hitomi and Chaeyeon greeted.

The others also accepted the call but their voices are drowned with Yena, Yuri and Hyewon’s bickering.

Guys..” Minju called the attention of the members with a pout. “Say hello to them.” Minju showed the camera to Leeseo.

Omo- you’re with your daughter.” – Eunbi
Oya, Leeseo-ah, annyeong!” – Chaewon
The others greeted Leeseo and the younger smiled at them. She then showed her phone that was on call with Wonyoung and other IVE members.

Oh, hi babe!” Wonyoung greeted when she saw Chaewon.
Ahh, that’s why you didn’t accept the call in our group chat.” – Chaeyeon
The other members introduced themselves and Minju cleared that gained everyone’s attention.

Okay, I called you guys today to show you something.” Minju then showed her hand with a ring on her ring finger. Few of them gasped and some nodded, seemed proud that Yujin finally had the guts to finally ask Minju.

Is this what I think this is?” – Eunbi
Minju nodded. Minju treats her IZ*ONE members as family and Yujin treats both IZ*ONE and IVE as her family so she thought she should tell them first.
Finally, Yujin-ah!” – Gaeul
Way to go, pup!” – Hyewon

They were full of congratulatory messages and some even teased the couple.

I thought you’re only giving her a promise ring, eomma!” Leeseo complained to Yujin.
Well one thing lead to another…” Yujin started. She continued with telling them what happened after Leeseo left both of them alone on the restaurant.

I said, it’s the same thing already, so might as well put it in my ring finger already you know?” Minju complained to Yujin.
Well, in my defense…” Yujin had blocked by Leeseo’s hand.
Shhh, unnie, it’s better this way.

Everybody chuckled at the exchange.

 

 

It’s past midnight now and Leeseo’s fast asleep. Yujin’s sitting at the bedside bean bags, scrolling through her phone when Minju approached her with coffee in both hands.

Let’s drain the alcohol, love.” Minju handed the coffee to the smiling Yujin.
Come here, love.” Yujin invited the older to sit in front of her in the bean bag. She gave the older a back hug. “It’s cold, my love. Let’s keep you warm.” Minju nodded and had a sip of her coffee.

Yujin reached for what seemed like paper on the bed side table and gave it to Minju. The latter grabbed it and put the coffee down a bit to unfold the paper. Minju laughed out loud as she opened the paper and read the letter inside.  

Love!” Yujin pouted. “You’ll wake up Leeseo!
Pfft- sorry.” Minju was stopping herself from laughing. “This is definitely Leeseo’s idea.
Well, yeah. She said it’s something new since I haven’t done or gave it to you.” Yujin replied with her hands on her face.

The paper turned out to be Yujin’s folded poster from her re-debut single album with IVE. There’s a written letter from Yujin that reads “Happy Valentine’s! I’m enough for a gift, right? Where’s mine?” with a wink emoticon.

You and Leeseo.. seriously.” Minju chuckled and turned back to face Yujin. “You’re more than enough, love. Here’s my gift to you.” Minju then gave the younger a quick kiss and honestly, Yujin couldn’t ask for more.


Let me visit my in laws tomorrow, love.
Okay, let’s go to my in laws too.
Can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Min.
Same here, Yuj.