Coffee and Alcohol

Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop

February 5th, 8:30 am. Kim Minju’s laying down on her bed, just woke up and her phone is filled with congratulatory messages from people she worked with, her friends and family. Why? It’s her birthday! Fortunately, she doesn’t have any schedule or work today due to her music show being cancelled this week. The music show gave way to show the Olympics which every Koreans are proud of. She does have lessons today though and Minju groaned when she remembered it.

She sat up and scrolled through her phone, looking for a certain message and there it was, at the very bottom of her notification list. An indication that it was the very first notification she received. “From Yudings.. received exactly 12:00 am..” She thought with a smile on her face. Kim Minju slept a bit early the day before due to exhaustion from her schedule, work out and lessons. She didn’t mean to because she knows the younger always greeted everyone who’s close to her the moment it strikes 12. Minju tapped on the message and read that the younger only congratulated her. “That’s it?” she said out loud. She pouted and locked her phone. Now she’s really sulking. The short greeting definitely did not help because Yujin was being distant these past few days and she has no idea why. Minju actually confronted the younger as to why she was acting like that but the younger only assured her that nothing’s wrong and she doesn’t need to worry. “Hmph! Whatever!” Minju continued to sulk and only replied with a short “Thank you” to Yujin and the others who greeted her. Of course, she talked a bit with the members on their group chat before she got up and prepared for her lessons that day. Despite wanting to sulk all day because of the younger, she can’t because she should be happy on her day. Minju heard a knock on her door and it revealed her mom holding on to a bowl of braised beef.

Happy birthday, Minju!” her mom greeted her. Minju immediately went to her mom and hugged her.
Thank you, eomma!” Minju gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and took a bite of the food. “Mhhhmm!! So good! I feel like crying!” Minju exclaimed.
Her mom chuckled and said “Sweet talker! Do your routine and come down in a bit!” before turning and going back to the dining room.
Nae!” Minju shouted back and started preparing.

 

 

It’s currently 10:18 am. Minju just finished eating the food her mom prepared for her. She needs to be in her lessons in 40 minutes. She bid her mom good bye as she heard a van park outside the house she’s currently staying in.

She was scrolling through her song playlist when she received messages from Yujin.

From: Yudings💙
Good Morning unnie, Happy Birthday! I know you’re going to your lessons today and is currently on the way. You might be looking for a song right now, here’s a recommendation from me.

‘Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg’

It’s a chill song, good to listen to when in a car ride. Take care!

From: Yudings💙
Oh, btw, are you free after your lessons? Wanna hang out? 😊

Minju’s immediately all smiles with the messages she received, forgetting what Yujin did the past few days and it was actually Yujin who reached out this time!

To: Yudings💙
How’d you know that? Are you a psychic or something?

Thank you for the song, Yujin-ah~ and yes, let’s go hang out! I’ll be free after 4!

From: Yudings💙
Hahaha no, unnie. Mama Kim told me.

That’s great! I’ll pick you up, the usual lesson place?

To: Yudings💙
Mama Kim’s sold me out! 😭

Yep! See you!

From: Yudings💙
Pfft. Cutie.

See you! 🥰

 

Minju was surprised with the emoji that Yujin used, there’s an obvious blush on her face. While thinking of Yujin’s messages, her manager caught her attention.

Hey, Min. I found the song. Do I play it now?
Please do so, thank you unnie.

 

Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop – Landon Pigg

“I think that possibly
Maybe I'm falling for you
Yes, there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you
I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down
I want to come too..”

Mhmm.. it really is a chill song and it’s good in the ear.Minju thought, not realizing what the lyrics meant.

“I think that possibly
Maybe I'm falling for you
No one understands me quite like you do
Through all of the shadowy corners of me”

This is a good love song; I’m starting to love it.” Minju’s manager spoke. “Love song?” Minju asked. Her manager turned to her. “Yep, this is a song about confessing one’s love for someone. Where did you learn about this song?

Minju didn’t answer the question and listened intently to the song.

“I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop I love so much
All of the while I never knew
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop I love so much
All of the while I never knew


I think that possibly
Maybe I'm falling for you
Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you
I've seen the waters that make your eyes shine
Now I'm shining too


Because oh because
I've fallen quite hard over you
If I didn't know you I'd rather not know
If I couldn't have you I'd rather be alone”

Was she telling me about that coffee shop we frequent? What does she meant by recommending this song to me…” Minju thought. “Aish, that An Yujin.. Making me feel this way.” Minju may be complaining but her heart beat’s a beat faster and she feels something inside her run wild..

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop I love so much
All of the while I never knew
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop I love so much
All of the while I never knew
All of the while
All of the while it was you

You
You
You

 

And with that, the song ended. Minju having mixed feelings right now. If one thinks about the meaning of it, it’s realizing that it wasn’t the coffee shop the singer likes, but the person she was with that’s why they came to like the coffee shop? And the singer’s in love with that person who was always with them on that coffee shop? Minju’s beet red right now, filled with her hopeless romantic thoughts. Sure, Minju did feel something different towards the younger but she didn’t dwell on it because of the hell in the industry they are in. And not to mention, Yujin is still young and she may be more confused as she were. Minju didn’t want to risk it. That’s why she said nothing and continued with whatever both of them have, afraid to lose it.

Minju’s thoughts were stopped when her manager spoke. “Minju, we’re here. Do we fetch you?
Minju remembered that Yujin asked her to hang out with her later and that she’ll fetch her. “No, unnie. Yujinie will come later.
Okay, okay. I’ll mail you your schedules tomorrow. Enjoy for today and do well with your lessons.
Nae, unnie. Thank you!

Minju went down the van and walked towards the door to the company she’ll be taking her lessons in. Minju was set to star in a drama soon that’s why she’s taking more lessons than she used to. It requires her dancing and singing skills as well as she’ll be playing a character that’s an idol. This news hasn’t been released anywhere. Only her and the company knows about it. “I need to tell Yujinie later then.. I’ll be busy for a few months and won’t hangout as much..” Minju thought about it before doing her lessons.

 

 

Yujin finally got her driver’s license and her own car. She can’t wait to surprise Minju about it later.. “She’ll be so surprised she’ll look like a meme.” She thought to herself and chuckled. Yujin’s currently driving around, fetching some stuff and gifts for Minju’s surprised birthday party later tonight.

Yujin heard her phone ring and when she saw the caller ID, she immediately pulled at the side of the road and accepted the call.

Nae, unnie?” Yujin answered.
Yujinie, did you managed to invite Minju later?” Eunbi, the oldest of the members who’s arranging the party, asked Yujin.
Yes, I did unnie. No problem. I’m also almost done fetching stuff for the party.” The younger answered.
It’s really great you have your own car now. We can send you on errands.” The older chuckled.
Ahh, that’s right. I’m just an errand girl, I get it now unnie.” Yujin answered with a monotone voice, sulking.
Eunbi chuckled at the other end of the line.
Yah! Stop sulking now you big baby. Come back and help us already!” Hyewon shouted.
You’re too handsome to be an errand girl, Yujinnie! Be mine instead!” Yuri said with an accent.
It’s Yujin’s turn to chuckle now. “I understand, kwangbae. Let me just fetch Yena unnie as well then we’ll head there, let’s see what will the ducky do to you Yuri unnie if she learned about that.
Okay, you take care!” “Hmmp!” Yujin heard from the other line before the call ended.

Yujin shook her head and looked at the time. “2:34 pm.. I better hurry up.” Yujin pushed the parking brake down and merged in the highway with caution.

 

Yujin arrived on the location of the party with Yena in tow, Eunbi’s apartment. Both of them are carrying bags of food, banners, balloons, flowers and gifts. The people cooped up in the rooms of Eunbi’s apartment came out one by one. Hyewon, Chaewon, Yuri, Wonyoung, Sakura and of course, the two that came all the way from Japan; Nako and Hitomi.

Nako-chaaaaaan!!” Yujin ran towards Nako.
Hitomiiiii!!” Yena ran towards Hitomi.

The other members shook their heads with how both the new comers reacted. It’s their first time seeing both of them after almost a year and they all missed them.

The girls immediately started working on their assigned tasks. Yujin was tasting the tteokbokki when Sakura reminded her that it’s nearly 4:00 pm, the time she picks Minju up. Yujin gulped down the remaining food on and thanked the older for reminding her before saying bye, running towards the parking lot to her car. Yujin pressed the remote key for her car and hopped in, punching in the address in the gps before rolling off the parking skillfully.

 

 

Yujin arrived at the company where Minju’s having her lessons 10 minutes early and decided to sit on the lounge.

From: Minguri~ 🤍

Yudings-ah~ I just finished my lessons. Are you here already?

To: Minguri~ 🤍

Yep! On the lounge!

From: Minguri~ 🤍

Alright, behave and wait for me!

To: Minguri~ 🤍

Ok~ 🤍”

 

Yujin pocketed her phone before standing up and staring at the elevator doors that revealed a pretty Minju who’s wearing a casual long sleeved white sweatshirt. Coincidentally, Yujin’s wearing the exact sweatshirt, only on her color, blue.

Yujin chuckled at the sight. “Hey, miss me that much to do a couple tee with me?” Yujin teased the older when Minju approached her.
Minju balled her fist and playfully punched Yujin on her shoulder. “Aish, YOU’RE the one who matched with me.
Yujin laughed, showing her dimples. “Come on, we know who really matched with who here.” Before Minju can say anything, Yujin shushed her. “Shh, save it for later. Let’s go.
 

Minju pouted but immediately positioned herself beside Yujin, clinging on one of Yujin’s arms.

You smell like tteokbokki already, Yudings.” Minju chuckled.
Yujin stopped walking and looked at the older with a pout. “I couldn’t help it, I was hungry.
Okay, okay. Let’s go already.” Minju appeased the younger by scratching Yujin’s chin.

Both of them continued to walk outside the building. Confusion painted on Minju’s face when Yujin lead them to the parking lot nearby, not seeing the familiar van of Yujin’s company.

Where’s the van, Yuj? Won’t your manager pick us up with your van?” Minju asked the woman beside her.
No, she won’t.” Yujin cheekily smiled at the older and pulled out a remote key from the pockets of her hands. Yujin pushed a button and a black BMW M8 Gran Coupe lit up and made a sound.
We’re going in my car today, with me on the driver’s seat.” Yujin pointed at the car with a smile.
Minju gasped and her eyes went big with the shock. “Oh my god Yujinie! You finally have your own car and driver’s license?! Congratulations!” Minju hugged the younger who was proudly showing off the driver’s license on her hand.
Yujin hugged Minju back. “And now, as promised, I’ll give you a ride around. So, shall we?” Yujin stepped a bit backwards and extended her hand to Minju, to which the older grabbed and immediately ran towards the car.

Shotgun seat is all yours, ma’am.” Yujin opened the door to the shotgun seat, gesturing for Minju to go inside. Yujin going out of the way to open the door and even place her hand under the hood where Minju would possibly bump her head? Not funny. It’s making Minju’s heart beat like a drum. Minju finds the gesture very romantic and gentle. Just when she thought she couldn’t like the younger more, Yujin does something and proves her wrong. Minju smiled as she watches Yujin run around to the driver’s seat.

Yujin started the engine and was about to drive out of the parking lot when she noticed that the seat belt light was on, indicating that one of the seat belts aren’t in use. She glanced at Minju who’s sitting beside her in awe, checking out the car’s interior.

Min.” Yujin called the older.
Hmm?” Minju answered softly, looking for the aux to the sound system.
Your seat belt.” Yujin said before the younger leaned in to the older, grabbing the seat belt beside Minju and locking it to the other side.

Minju’s beath hitched with the action of the younger. She feels her cheeks burning.

I can do it myself, pabo.” Minju retorted while looking away.
Yujin chuckled with the action of the older and handed the aux in front of her. “Here, the aux.
Minju grabbed the aux and plugged her phone in. Minju scrolled through her playlists as Yujin pulls out of the parking spot smoothly.

 

 

 

Minju sent series of messages on their group chat with the members as Yujin drives.

“Swan Girls” group chat

Minju: “Oh my god you guys won’t believe me!

Hitomi: “Min? What happened?

Yuri: “Hello to you too, birthday girl!

Minju: “Hehehe
Minju: “I’m currently in Yujin’s car!
Minju: “And she’s the one driving!

Wonyoung: “Omo! She finally revealed it to you!

Hyewon: “So, where are you seating?

Minju: “Huh? Of course beside her, on the shot gun. Where else?

Yena: “UN-FAIR! @Yujin!

Hyewon: “Told you so, ducky! HAHAHA!

Minju: “Why? What happened?

Eunbi: “Yena was complaining earlier that Yujinie doesn’t want her to seat on the shot gun seat.

Minju: “Guess it was really just for me then. :P

Chaewon: “You’re having fun with this, huh?

Sakura: “I want a ride! @Yujin!

Chaeyeon: “Yujinie, unnie wants to be fetch by you too! @Yujin

Nako: “I want to see Yujin driving TT

Minju: “Hehehe

 

The members were conversing on the group chat and Minju’s having fun reading when she heard Yujin speak.

What are you giggling about?” Yujin asked, eyes still on the road.
I was chatting with the members. They’re teasing Yena unnie about you not letting her seat on the shotgun seat.” Yujin heard Minju chuckle again.
Told you, the shot gun seat’s only for you.” Yujin replied. Minju was about to type something when Yujin spoke again. “We’re here!

Minju thought that the road Yujin took was familiar and indeed they were cause right now, they’re in front of the building of Eunbi’s apartment.

What are we doing here, Yuj?” Minju asked as Yujin parks.
I forgot my gift to you. Eunbi unnie held on to it when we met the last time.” Yujin answered as she removes her seat belt, engine’s off. Yujin carefully removed Minju’s seat belt. “Just stay there.” Yujin told the older. Minju had no choice but to comply and sit there as she watch Yujin run around the car, opening the door for her. The same gesture still made her heart run wild. “Thank you.” Minju muttered.
No problem.” Yujin smiled at her.

Minju intertwined hers and Yujin’s hand while they’re walking towards the elevator. Yujin whipped out her phone and Minju saw her type something.

Yujin noticed Minju’s stare and spoke. “I texted Eunbi unnie that we’re here.” She smiled at the older.
Minju just nodded and went with Yujin inside the elevator.

 

The members are all sitting at the living room of Eunbi’s apartment when Eunbi received a message from Yujin that she’s with Minju and that they’re already at the elevators. Immediately, the members stood up and gathered the banners, balloons and party poppers that they would use to surprise Minju. Hyewon held on the cake, Nako and Hitomi hid behind the couch to surprise Minju after the initial surprise of the party poppers.

They all heard the doorbell and Eunbi walked towards the door to open it. As soon as Minju stepped off the foyer, walking to the living room of Eunbi’s apartment. She saw the members huddled together, they started to count ‘1, 2, 3’ and everyone shouted “Happy Birthday, Kim Minju Angel!” with the party poppers popping off the background.

Minju was shocked, she never expected this. She thought only she and Yujin would hang out today but she thought wrong. Minju looked at everyone with teary eyes, she was about to tear up when Nako and Hitomi jumped up from the back of the couch, shouting “Surprise, Minju!” together. Minju wasn’t able to hold back her tears any longer and ran towards the direction of Nako and Hitomi and hugged them both. Everyone’s looking at the three of them lovingly, Yuri walked to them and joined the hug. “’01z is back!

Huggy time!” Yena shouted and grabbed Chaewon who was beside her to join the hug. Everybody else followed. Comforting and congratulating the birthday girl who was still crying.

When Minju calmed down, Eunbi and Hyewon led them all to the kitchen to where the food is located. There was another cake, some pasta, beef, chicken, cheese balls and tteokbokki.

Ah, that’s why you smelled like tteokbokki!” Minju turned to Yujin.
Hehehe” Yujin just smiled.

Enough of chitchat! Let’s eat!” Hyewon shouted before devouring the food that’s already in her plate.

Everybody laughed at Hyewon’s actions and went to get their foods.

 

Some of the members finally felt tired after 4 hours of eating, playing and watching a movie. Wonyoung, Nako and Hitomi excused themselves. They would be sleeping in one of Eunbi’s guest rooms. “Glad I moved to a bigger place..” Eunbi thought to herself and nodded at the three girls who excused themselves. However, before the girls sleep, they hugged and congratulated Minju again on her birthday while handing Minju’s gifts from them as well.

Thank you and good night baby-deuls.” Minju smiled at them.

Yena stood up from her seat and went to the corner. “And now that the babies are gone…” Yena went back to the table with a bunch of soju and beer bottles. “Let’s get to the real party!” Yena shouted.

Minju eyed the woman beside her who grabbed a soju bottle, according to Korean customs, she poured her unnies a few shots of soju.

What do you think you’re doing?” Minju asked the younger with a raised eye brow.
Uhm, pouring the unnies drinks?” Yujin replied with a questioning look on her face.
You’re not allowed to drink, you’re still a baby!” Minju retorted.
Yujin chuckled. “Unnie, I turned adult this year. I’m allowed to drink already.
That’s right! Let my big puppy drink!” Hyewon told off Minju.
But…” Minju had no choice but to resign and sigh as Hyewon and Yena gave her a pointed look.

The members kept on drinking for more than an hour and half now. Minju was thinking that with her members, there were never a dull moment. They could spend the day holed up in their dorms, not doing anything and they would be contented with it. Some of them appeared tipsy already as they’re already blabbering random and dramatic stuff. Particularly Sakura and Eunbi. Minju chuckled at the scene, the older ones are the worst ones, their alcohol tolerance are so low that after 1 drink, Eunbi already laid down next to the sitting Hyewon; meanwhile Sakura, was down after a few drinks of soju mixed with beer. Nobody moved them to the rooms and just let them stay there. Minju roamed her eyes around the living room. “Somebody has to clean up this mess…” Minju thought as she drink a cup of water. She stopped drinking a while ago cause she knows this will happen.

Minju now looked at the woman beside her who was drinking with Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Yena.

Yujinie?” Minju called out to the younger woman who was downing a shot of soju.
Nae, unnie?” Yujin replied to her softly.
Are you still okay? Are you not tipsy?” Minju fired questions towards Yujin.
Yena, who was already drunk, replied. “Come on! Yujinie has a high tolerance. Don’t worry about her!” Minju glared at Yena then looked at Yujin.
This ain’t your first time drinking?” Minju asked.
No… I asked Yena unnie to accompany me one time before the lunar new year..” Yujin replied, downing another shot of soju.
The time you were distant to me…” Minju whispered.
Huh? What did you say unnie?” Yujin asked for what Minju said to be repeated but Minju just shook her head.
Nothing.” The older answered. “Just continue drinking.

They continued drinking until Yujin asked them to stop already because she was getting tipsy. Everybody but Yujin had given their gifts to Minju already. Yujin had to have liquid courage but still be a bit sober to be able to give her gift to Minju. Yujin looked at the clock. “An hour before her birthday ends..” Yujin got up and first grabbed the sunflower bouquet she bought earlier that day, a box and a letter and went into one of Eunbi’s rooms where Minju was taking a rest. Yujin saw Minju sitting by the balcony and approached the older.

Hey..” Yujin started. “I still haven’t given you your gift. Here.” Yujin handed her gifts to Minju who was sitting on one of the chairs.
I thought you didn’t have one.” Minju pouted and grabbed the things that Yujin handed her.
The flowers are different this time?” Minju asked, staring at the sunflowers. Yujin just nodded.

Minju stared at the letter that Yujin gave her.. “Well, this is new..” she thought and was about to open the letter that Yujin gave when Yujin stopped her midway, grabbing the older’s hand.
Can you please read it a bit later?” Yujin asked. Minju felt Yujin’s hand were a bit cold.
Okay, want something to sober or heat you up? Coffee?” Minju offered Yujin.
Coffee please.” Yujin requested and Minju nodded.

When Minju went out of the room to get Yujin a cup of coffee, she saw everybody’s wasted and already is sleeping in the living room. Minju grabbed an espresso for Yujin and a cola for herself and went back to the room.

Minju handed Yujin the espresso. They talked for a bit and didn’t notice the time.

Oh, the day would almost end. Can I open the letter now?” Minju asked. Yujin nodded.
Go ahead.” Yujin said and sipped on her coffee.

Minju opened the letter. It was chocolate scented. “Smells like her..” Minju thought.

 

(Note: If you want to, you guys can listen to ‘Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop’ while reading Yujin’s letter.)

 

“To my favorite unnie,

                Hi! It’s not my thing to actually write a letter for someone in their b-days, I always just make sure to congratulate them at exactly 12 midnight but here I am.. writing a letter to you and asking for you to read it just until before your b-day ends. (She still congratulated me at exact 12 am though..” Minju chuckled with her thought.)

                Happy Birthday! I’ve been greeting you on your b-days for 3 years straight now. I first saw you in the survival show and all I could think was you were so pretty and that I wanna hang out with you. When the panel introduced someone who was from CreativeWork, you emerged from the back stage and everybody gasped or made a noise at least, I knew then your beauty managed to capture everyone’s eyes and that it would be hard to get close to you. But that’s not what happened, aye? We got closer each day, I was so overwhelmed I couldn’t believe we’re actually close enough to hang out on coffee shops and somewhere with just the two of us! I can’t even remember how we got closed, I just realized one day we’re already inseparable. (“This puppy is so sentimental..Minju kept on smiling as she read through the letter.)

                Throughout the whole 3 years, we’ve hung around and outside Seoul. We’ve made memories in a lot of places but that old coffee shop on the alleys around the company is the one I remember the most. It’s because I realized I fell in love in you, there, at the coffee shop. Sitting at the corner, with the sun illuminating your face.. seeing you staring intensely at the orange sky outside. It felt warm, I feel warm. And like the coffee that I would always drink, the warmth would spread from my heart to all over my body and that was it. That was the start of my love for coffee. You, my love, is like a shot of espresso. Your never ending giggle when I throw my jokes or act silly at you.. the smiles you would always show me no matter what the situation is.. your eyes that speaks directly to me.. it wakes me up, it motivates me to work and do better. It’s the only thing that keeps me going through the hell of this industry, you’re the only one who makes me want to keep going and achieve every single one of my dreams. I know you’ll always be around for me but this time, I want to keep on achieving my dreams with you by my side. (Aww.. Yudings..” she thought with a smile and looked at the woman with a cup of coffee sitting in front of her.)

                That’s right, my love. I’ve been on this ride for three whole years now. I decided to say it now cause just when I thought I couldn’t love you more, my heart proves me wrong. Right, I tried to stop myself from feeling this way towards you but loving you is like a bottomless well that won’t run out of water until the end of time.

I gave you Sunflowers today opposed to the Rose and Lily’s’ like I always give you. They don’t mean love like the roses but you and sunflowers always make remind me of spring. With you, it always felt like the first day of spring. You’re like a ray of sunshine, always giving warmth to others.. I got a feeling like, with you, you’ll make the sunflowers bloom all year round. The sunflowers would always be in full bloom, just for you. (Minju gasped at what she read but soon it was replaced with a loving smile.)

Min, I don’t ask of you to reciprocate these feelings of mine but rather allow me to feel them and show you without restrictions. I can’t contain these feelings anymore and I feel like I would suddenly explode and would confess to you in impulsive way so I had to gather my thoughts these past few days and gather up the courage or else I might regret it and burden you with it suddenly. I’m sorry for being distant and not telling you what’s wrong but it greatly helped me hence why you’re reading this right now. (“Pabo.. I feel the same way as you do.” She chuckled at the thought.)

My love, happy birthday! Happy birthday to my favorite person! You’re 22 now, you’ve come a long way. You did a great job and you’ll continue to do a good job at whatever endeavor you’ll be heading to this year. I won’t promise anything, I won’t say anything. I’ll make you feel my sincerity in my actions and the way I treat you. I’ll always make my favorite person happy, so.. when you’re feeling down or when you feel like you can’t take it anymore, please lean on me. I’ve got my fair share of troubles and you always helped me and allowed me to lean on you. I’m not a child anymore, unnie, lean on me. My ears, my shoulders and my whole being welcomes you so.. lean on me. I’ll always be here for you. Always.

Thank you, Min! For being there for me, Wonyoung and the other unnies. You don’t know how much you’ve helped us, from the big to the little things. Thank you for being the amazing woman that you are. Thank you for being the goofball cry baby that we cherish. Thank you for not giving up on the hard times and pushed through with us.. with me. Thank you for being born, my love. Cheers to another year!

 

Ps. Please thank mama and papa Kim for me for giving birth to the amazing woman named Kim Minju!

Pps. If it’s not obvious enough, I love you, Min. I had loved you, I still do and I always will.

Ppps. Let’s go out tomorrow! To the same coffee shop, hmm? 😊

 

Your favorite dongsaeng,
                             An Yujin”

 

Minju almost cried reading the part near the end of the letter but smiled because of the silliness at the very last part of it. Yujin was side eye-ing her, checking Minju’s reaction every now and then. Minju found the younger cute and chuckled.

Yujin.” Minju called out to the younger.
N-nae, unnie?” Yujin replied nervously.

Minju stood up and spread her arms wide. “Come here, you big baby.
Yujin smiled and hugged the older as tight as she can. “Happy Birthday, unnie. Thank you for reading the letter and not pushing me away after.
Minju pinched the younger’s side and pulled back from the hug. “Pabo, why would I do that when I also feel the same way as you do?

Yujin have opened a bit, shocked with Minju’s revelation. Minju chuckled at Yujin.

Minju cupped Yujin’s cheeks. “That’s right, I’ve always been with you on this ride, Yujinie. I’ve always been at the shot gun seat. Always been beside you. All this time.

Yujin tried to say something but her voice seems stuck on . She kept mum and pursed her lips together. Minju took this opportunity to give the younger a peck on her lips. When Minju giggled and pulled back.

Yujin grabbed Minju by her waist. “Unnie, I’m not dreaming, right? This isn’t because I’m drunk, right? Can you pinch---
Minju was surprised with Yujin’s action but she immediately poked Yujin’s dimples that are showing right now due to the younger’s smile. “Pabo.” Minju stuck her tongue out.

Yujin, feeling playful, let out a smirk be painted on her face and leaned closer to Minju. Yujin gave Minju a soft, quick kiss.

I’m your official pabo.” Yujin rested her forehead on the older’s after the kiss and smiled at each other.

 

 

Nako, Hitomi and Wonyoung woke up to a messy living room where Chaewon, Hyewon, Chaeyeon and Yena is sleeping. The three girls found Yuri, Sakura and Eunbi on the kitchen, the latter drinking a cider first thing in the morning.

Where’s Minju and Yujin?” Nako asked.
Dunno.” Sakura answered, raising her shoulders.
Wonyoung and Hitomi sat down on both sides of Eunbi.
The living room smells bad, unnie.” – Wonyoung
Right, you never liked the smell of alcohol.” – Nako
We’ll make those drunkards clean the apartment, don’t worry.” Eunbi assured Wonyoung that it will be cleaned later.

Not long after that, someone rang the doorbell. Nako got up and went to the door to find Yujin and Minju holding bags of what seems to be variety of breads, few bowls of soups and cups of coffees.

Yujin and Minju immediately went to the kitchen. Hitomi’s eyes lit up when she saw the breads that Yujin and Minju brought.

So early?” Eunbi asked as she helped the two to prepare everything.
I didn’t drink much last night because I know this would happen.” Minju answered.
It’s a miracle you got Yujin unnie to go with you though.” Wonyoung spoke after taking a sip on her green tea that she saw from Eunbi’s pantry.
Girl friend duties.” Yujin answered seriously before slipping out of the room, walking towards the living room, leaving the girls on the kitchen with a dumb founded look. Even Yuri who was silent the whole time and massaging her temples, stopped and stared at Minju.

Aish, I hate you for leaving me alone, An Yujin. These girls would interview me..” Minju thought and Yujin just winked at her before shaking up those who were on the living room to wake them up.

Minju just smirked and looked at the girls. Yujin thinks she can get away, no no.Alright, calm down, I’ll explain when those drunkards get here as well.

 

Minju! You’re heaven sent!” – Hyewon
Minjuuuu~ Thank youuuu” – Chaewon
I’m embarrassed that I got drunk last night.” – Chaeyeon
Can you all tone it down? My head’s beating.” – Yena
I think deserve.” – Hitomi

Everybody laughed with Hitomi’s comment. They went on to have the breakfast bought by Yujin and Minju and when they’re finished, Wonyoung spoke.

So, how and when did Yujin unnie ended up as Minju unnie’s gf?”

Yena almost spilled her soup while Hyewon just gave a thumbs up to Yujin.

Yujin coward era no more!” “Minju no balls era no more!” Chaewon and Chaeyeon shouted simultaneously.

Yujin glared at the both of em and turned to Minju. Minju gave Yujin a pointed look. Yujin, without a choice, and can’t no to her girl friend narrated what happened last night when they were all wasted and asleep.

The members teased the both of them. They were surprised but they weren’t shocked. They expected this to happen sooner or later. Yujin and Minju were obvious with their feelings but they kept on tip toeing around each other for 3 years because of their fears and what ifs. Fortunately, Yujin made up her mind to actually do something about it and get out of the friend zone. Yujin expected the worst but it all worked out in the end.

 

 

They’ve rested for about an hour and so before Eunbi started to scold the drunkards and told them to clean the mess.

Minju was happily conversing with the ‘01’s and Wonyoung when Yujin walked up to her and whispered something to her ear. Minju smiled at Yujin and nodded. Nako and Yuri looked at them with disgust and Hitomi shooed them.

Not here, love birds!” – Wonyoung

Yujin and Minju chuckled.

I need to take Minju home. Mama Kim would kill me if I don’t.” – Yujin
Mama Kim? Does she know?” – Minju
Yep! That’s why I know you had lessons yesterday. I visited and told her everything. She was supportive so I went with it!” – Yujin
So, mama Kim really sold me out?” Minju sighed.
Yujin chuckled. “Hey don’t be like that. Let’s get Mama Kim something before I bring you home.
Let’s get her breakfast.” – Minju

Yujin and Minju bid their good byes to the members. Nako and Sakura is on the balcony of Eunbi’s room and watched Yujin’s car roll out of the parking.

So.. to where?” Yujin asked the woman beside her.
Hmm.. the usual?” Minju replied.
The coffee shop?” Yujin smiled, still eyes on the road.
The coffee shop.” Minju looked at Yujin with a loving smile on her face.