[fin] Oh My Chef

Oh My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun is annoyed if there's one thing that she hates it is whenever her dad summons her back to Seoul, the place that she hates the most. Living in Jeju, the beautiful lady was used to a peaceful environment surrounded by the beach and the very beautiful sunrise and sunset."But Appa why do I even need to go to Seoul when I'm already living quietly away from that bustling city." Joohyun was stomping her feet as she wait for the driver to pick her up, the brunette was already at the airport as she breathes out and waits for her father to respond.

"You need to understand and know the path that you will take over in a year Hyun. You need to be here." the brunette can only breathe out, she's indeed been living in Jeju for quite a long time now. Maybe it is the time for her to step out of her comfort zone, out of her bubble in Jeju. "The driver will drop you at the hotel, I think you will prefer to stay there than at my home knowing you hate seeing Elizabeth." Joohyun can only gulp as she heard the disappointment within her dad's voice, she can only hum as she saw a black tesla stop in front of her.

"Miss Bae?" the driver was smiling at her as she opens the window and immediately hopped off the car to get the girl's luggage. "My name is Seulgi and I'll be your driver for today. Your dad sent me to drop you into the Red Hotel." Joohyun can only bow as she gets inside the tesla. The bear-looking figure smiles brightly before she immediately started driving. She can only reach for her phone and start scrolling on her feed.

After a few minutes, Joohyun finally stepped off the car, she was standing outside the hotel her father owns. There was a momentary pause for Joohyun when she saw her father standing beside her stepmother, her dad's eyes express happiness to see her only daughter finally back in Seoul. "I can carry my bag thank you Seulgi." the brunette said before she pulls her luggage to greet her father. She immediately bows before she stares over her stepmother, the person who made Joohyun and her father drew apart from each other.

"Welcome back Hyun-ah." the brunette can only nod her head before she roams her eyesight around the hotel. There were a lot of renovations and changes that happened, it's been a while since she last stepped in here and it seemed to be foreign for her already. "You can use the suite that you usually stay in, meet me after settling down we need to talk about things." the brunette eyes her dad before she bows and went inside the designated room.

Joohyun can only sigh as she collapsed herself on the bed, her hands went to reach for her necklace. "Eomma I'm already back in Seoul and it still hurts to see appa with someone else. It's been seven years since you left but it still hurts and I miss you every day." Joohyun whispers those before she closed her eyes, her heart feels so empty as she felt how someone can immediately fill the gap her mom left for her dad. Leaving with no choice, she stood up from the bed and left her room to meet her dad in the lobby of the hotel. There she saw him sitting down on one of the lounges while holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Sit down and let me discuss it with you." Joohyun sits on the chair in front of her dad, there was cluelessness and nervousness on her part. It's been four years since her father allowed her to live on her own and do the things of her will but Joohyun thinks that the freedom that she loves is finally ending. "Hyun I want to retire with handling the hotel and the restaurant and you're my only daughter. There's no one else who can handle all of this." Joohyun's eyes shook as she meet her dad's gaze, the man in his late 50's can only sigh as she placed the cup of coffee down. "I need you to learn the things that revolve around here, especially in the restaurant. I want you to be under the mentoring of our executive chef. I know you love cooking and you can learn a lot with her." Joohyun felt the wave of obligation rush into her thoughts, the fact that she was sent into this crowded place to study and prepare for a bigger obligation, an obligation to continue and managed all of the things her father and mother worked hard for. "I'll let my sous chef Moonbyul introduce you to her. I won't tell her that you're my daughter so she won't give you any special treatments and all. You need to work hard to learn Joohyun I believe in you." that conversation ended with a pat on her shoulder before she watches how her dad exited the hotel leaving her with no choice but to sigh and run her hand into her face.

-

Seungwan breathes out as she out of the kitchen, today was such another long day for her, from cooking and creating new recipes, the executive chef was just about to reach for her coat when she saw the hotel manager enter the kitchen, the blonde chef can only bow as she looks over the lady beside her sous chef Moonbyul. Seungwan can't help to admire the beautiful face of the new lady, working in this hotel for three years it was the first time for Seungwan to see the said lady. "Miss Son, we have a newly hired chef, she will be under your training for a month. Please do teach her and help her familiarize herself within the kitchen." Moonbyul said as she chuckles softly before winking at her friend, knowing the executive chef, she managed to read the thoughts that she have in mind. "Miss Joohyun-sshi, this is Chef Son Seungwan, you can call her Wendy. She's our executive chef for three years now." Seungwan bows as Moonbyul introduced her, but Joohyun didn't even move a muscle making the two chefs and even the manager stunned as they all stare over Joohyun.

"Nice to meet you, Chef Son, I'm Joohyun, when can I start?" Seungwan was stunned with the boldness the long-haired girl was showing, she can only smirk as she watches how Joohyun touches everything inside the kitchen, she even roams around before she meets Seungwan's gaze again. There was a short pause before she shrugged, Seungwan was so pretty for Joohyun to stare at.

The executive chef finds Joohyun's personality bold and confident, she continues to eye the girl who's now checking on the refrigerator, even the sous chef was surprised with what she's doing. "Refrain from touching the ingredients Miss Joohyun, as a chef under my supervision and training you're only allowed to follow my orders." the executive chef took a step to reach Joohyun who was surprised with the presence of the chef in front of her. She was wearing a black turtle neck with fitted pants, her hands were reaching for the handle of the refrigerator, their hands were brushing and that made Joohyun feel comfortable. "And I let the people who work under me call me Wendy so please call me that Miss Joohyun. You can start tomorrow. Meet me at this kitchen at 8 AM sharp." Seungwan winks before she grabs her coat from the rack and waved her hand towards her friend Moonbyul and the manager who's already used to the executive chef.

Joohyun was left there dumbfoundedly staring at where the executive chef exited? She needs to attend work at 8 AM. Stomping her feet, the brunette went out of the kitchen and started walking out of the hotel, her eyes went into her wristwatch it's already 9 in the evening maybe a short drink won't hurt. Her eyes went towards the restaurant, the restaurant that she will probably run to, and with a sigh, the brunette heads back inside and started drinking.

-

Seungwan looks at the time it's already 7:59 in the morning, she's waiting for the said intern. "Seungwan waiting for the pretty lady?" Moonbyul chuckles before she elbows Seungwan's stomach, the executive chef can only nod her head before she stares over the clock inside the kitchen.

" 10, 9, 8, 7, 6" Seungwan was eyeing the door of the kitchen as she continues with her countdown, in less than five seconds Joohyun will be late for her first day at work. Seungwan chuckles when she saw Joohyun rushing from outside the restaurant. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" there was a smirk from the executive chef when she saw the clock tick at 8 and saw Joohyun who is panting as she went inside the kitchen, the other attention of the waiters and other staff was on her. "Intern Joohyun, you are five seconds late." Seungwan wants to laugh at how the chef's eyes were dark as she meet Seungwan's eyes. It was funny and Seungwan couldn't contain herself from cracking a smile.

"What are you talking about! It is still 8 AM and I'm still technically not late." Joohyun even rolls her eyes before she reached for the apron on the table, she was just about to put it on her when Seungwan beats her into it. The executive chef was eyeing her with a smirk. "What do you even want?" Joohyun is annoyed as she tried to reach for the apron in Seungwan's hand, but the grip of the blonde was strong and it made Joohyun way more annoyed.

"I'm an executive chef here, you are under my command and training, how can you speak to me like that?" Seungwan smirks before she leans her face closer to the brunette who gasped as she felt Seungwan's breathe on her face, she felt a blush creeping into her cheeks as she continues to stare over the executive chef. "Look at you blushing, I'm not even doing anything to you Joohyun. I'm just asking you about respect." Joohyun blinks her eyes before she tries to reach for the apron once again but is still clearly failing. "If you are under my care, I need you to treat me with respect hmm? I'm an executive chef and I'm here to help you familiarise yourself around. I can joke around with people, but not inside the kitchen. I hope we are clear." Seungwan hands Joohyun the apron before she went towards the station of the other chefs, leaving Joohyun there with messy thoughts and still can't recover from what the executive chef had just done.

Seungwan eyes Joohyun through her peripheral vision, she can see how the lady was now done wearing her apron and looking around the area confused and lost. "Eunbi, please help that lost girl, let her slice some of the ingredients and prepare some batches of pasta." the younger chef immediately nodded her head before she carefully approached Joohyun. Seungwan was smiling as she saw how the other chef was surprised by the sudden intrusion.

"Excuse me, the executive chef asked me to let you slice some of the onions and asparagus. Also, she asked you to prepare some batches of pasta for lunchtime." Joohyun was holding her chest as she still feel so surprised by the sudden intrusion, her eyes went towards Seungwan who is now laughing at how she reacted. Joohyun wants to strangle Seungwan but she just shrugged and nodded her head.

She can only follow the other chef who guided her to the station, she can see Seungwan following them while her hands were resting inside the pocket of her jeans. "Is she that weird at all times?" Joohyun asked the other chef who helped her place the stuff that she will need, she heard a soft laugh from Eunbi.

"Not really, but she's cute, right? I like the executive chef." Joohyun's eyebrows raised as she heard those from the other chef. Her eyes went back to Seungwan who is now tasting the soup the sous chef made. There was this bright smile that can be seen in her eyes as she puts the spoon down. "I'll go back to my station, you'll be okay right?" Joohyun can only nod her head. She was just about to touch a knife when she felt a hand stopping her. It was Seungwan.

"Wash your hands first, do you forget about that." Joohyun was surprised when Seungwan was the one who dragged her to the nearest sink, their hands were still in contact. "Go then I'll watch you do your first task. You need to work faster Miss Joohyun-sshi." Joohyun shrugged as she starts to wash her hands, her eyes were focused on the sink but she can feel how heavy Seungwan is staring at her.

Reaching for the towel, Joohyun returned to her station, this time she can finally start working. Her eyes were focused on the different ingredients that she needs to slice. The knife was resting on the chopping board. She can only breathe out before she tries to remember everything she learned from her mom and also culinary school. Joohyun finally starts slicing the ingredients and Seungwan on the other hand was observing her. "Aren't you staring at her like she hanged the stars in the sky Seungwan?" she heard Moonbyul's voice, she was teasing Seungwan who can only glare at her. She knows the executive chef and she can see the way she stares over Joohyun. "Those gazes are just different from the gaze you've given our other chefs and interns." Seungwan wants to push Moonbyul away, but she is right. Her gaze was focused on the way Irene is skillfully holding the knife.

" off and do your job!" Seungwan glares before she proceeds to stand beside the brunette, Joohyun's gaze was focused on the ingredients and she didn't even notice that Seungwan is already standing beside her. "If you can make the cut thinner I would surely appreciate it," Seungwan said that made Joohyun surprised and glare at her. "What? I'm just asking you to do it properly, do you want me to show you." Joohyun rolls her eyes before she placed the knife down and stare over Seungwan looking so uninterested. "It's been a while since I last saw someone who looked at me like I'm the most useless person in this kitchen." Seungwan scoffed as she reached for the knife, the executive chef winks towards Joohyun before she starts slicing. Joohyun's eyes widen by seeing the skills of the executive chef. She didn't even notice that Seungwan is already done. "Falling in love already Miss Joohyun-sshi?" there was a soft laugh from Seungwan as she placed the knife down, and yes the brunette immediately shrugged before she went near the station again.

"Excuse me? Where is your confidence coming from?" Seungwan wants to feel offended, but instead, she chuckles and leans her face closer to Joohyun who is now close to exploding with her anger. Moonbyul even gasped when she saw the situation when she went back inside the kitchen.

"I'm confident with my cooking skills and also my skills in making people smile." Seungwan was grinning as she continues to stares right into Joohyun's eyes, Joohyun rolls her eyes as she dropped the knife and stared at Seungwan.

"Miss executive chef! I'm working please stop annoying me and mind telling you I don't find you attractive like the other girls here." Moonbyul's laugh was heard when she saw how Seungwan face frowned, Joohyun glances over Moonbyul who immediately started going back to work by checking the stocks but yes the taller lady is still laughing when she saw how Seungwan's face looked like.

Seungwan just laughed before she went towards the other stations leaving Joohyun there rolling her eyes once again before she proceeds to do her designated job.

-

Lunchtime was packed, Joohyun was standing beside the sous chef who is busy cooking the meat and the other foods. "Joohyun can you help me get some of the pasta that you cooked earlier, there are a lot of orders for Aglio e olio, can you do that for me?" Joohyun nods her head before she went towards the other station. The brunette was holding some batches of pasta as she went back beside Moonbyul. "Can you cook three plates?" Joohyun was just about to nod her head but Seungwan beat her into it. The blonde took the batches of pasta in her hand and smiled.

"Sous Chef, she still needs to be assisted, I'll help her." Seungwan smiles as she gestured to Joohyun to follow her, the blonde was smiling before she starts to show Joohyun her skills. "I know that you have great skills, but let me demonstrate how to do it first. Then I'll check your cooking afterward will that be okay miss Joohyun?" Seungwan was talking to Joohyun while she was putting some olive oil into the pan, the chef was focused on the cooking and Joohyun is taking notes of everything that she was doing. "Miss Joohyun? Would that be okay? I'm trying my best to be as formal to you." Seungwan was busy cooking while her gaze went towards Joohyun who was just looking at the pan. The executive chef can only sigh as she continues to just quietly cook. "Sua! You can serve this first plate!" Seungwan said as she placed the first plate of the Aglio e olio on the serving tray. Joohyun was surprised by how fast Seungwan did it. "Do it." Joohyun was surprised by the sudden cold from Seungwan, but she nods her head before she started to cook.

Seungwan was just eyeing how Joohyun is doing everything, her skills were shown but her unfamiliarity inside the kitchen and her lack of experience is being shown. There was a soft sigh that escaped from the mouth of the executive chef. A few minutes passed, Joohyun served the plate of pasta to Seungwan. "That looks good Joohyun, you are doing better than what I was expecting." she heard the voice of a male chef named Suho, Seungwan looks towards the assistant chef who immediately bowed down. Joohyun can see how the other employees respect Seungwan as the executive chef.

Seungwan grabs a fork from the drawer before she took a piece of the pasta that Joohyun prepared, her eyebrows were raised as she saw how Joohyun cooked the pasta well. Her eyes then went towards the shrimp. "Continue what you are doing, check on the other orders. If you need something I'll be just inside my office." Seungwan said before she placed the fork down and went inside her office after grabbing Moonbyul in the process. The blonde closed the doors before she let Moonbyul sit on one of the chairs. "I'm seriously finding that recruit weird? Who even let her get in without my approval?" Seungwan asked Moonbyul who was now drinking one of Seungwan's chocolate milk.

"It seemed like the owner of the hotel was the one who recruited her, I don't know. The manager just asked me to meet her at the lobby and I just saw that new girl." Moonbyul chuckles before she watches how Seungwan collapsed herself into the couch. The eyes of the blonde were glaring towards the door. "You finally found someone who doesn't fall into your charms Seungwan! Someone who isn't looking up to you." Seungwan rolls her eyes in annoyance, it is true that Joohyun is something else, she's not like the other employees inside the kitchen.

"Can't you even just have a tiny bit of respect for me? Like I'm someone in a higher position than her." Moonbyul ends up smacking Seungwan when she saw how the executive was pouting her lips. It is a different and rare sight for Moonbyul to see.

"Get your right! Pretty girls are your weakness eh?" Seungwan shrugged as she stood up from the couch, her eyes then went towards the wall clock. Lunchtime is ending and she just thought of an idea. "Ya! Where are you going?" Moonbyul shouted when Seungwan sprinted out of the office leaving the sous chef dumbfounded. "Stupid Seungwan who fell in love at first sight!"

Seungwan immediately went towards Joohyun's station, the girl was now sitting on one of the chairs as she managed to finish the last order for lunchtime. Joohyun was just about to grab her phone when she saw the executive chef smiling brightly at her, instead of saying something, the brunette shrugged and just proceed to take her phone out. "Are you that dense?" Seungwan asked as she sits beside Joohyun who immediately moved away from the executive chef. Seungwan wants to roll her eyes but she decided to play it cool. "It's my break time and your break time too, do you mayhaps want to eat something? I can cook for you." Joohyun stares at her with no emotions at all before she went back to scrolling on her phone. "Do you not like to speak to people?" Seungwan is getting annoyed by the silent treatment, it is something that Seungwan is not used to.

"For your information miss Seungwan, it is my break time and I want to spend my break time alone. Do you want me to define the word alone for you?" Seungwan was caught off guard by the arrogance and the tone of Joohyun's voice. "Alone means..." Joohyun didn't manage to finish her sentence when she saw how Seungwan stood up from where she was sitting.

"I know the meaning of alone, I'm not stupid miss Joohyun. If you think that I'm doing this just to annoy you, I just want to help you familiarize yourself inside the kitchen." Seungwan said before she exited the kitchen after removing her apron, the attention of the other chefs was on them and that made Joohyun feel uncomfortable. She internally sighed before she runs her hand into her hair.

-

Joohyun finishes her first day at work full of worries, she eyed the executive chef who is now thanking everyone. Seungwan's gaze didn't even meet hers but instead, the executive dismissed everyone. The brunette can only breathe out before she removes her apron and placed it on the rack. Joohyun wants to apologize to the executive chef but she isn't that kind of person. Shrugging the thoughts Joohyun went out of the hotel to go out for a walk. The cold breeze of the Seoul air welcomed her.

She ends up sitting on one of the benches near the hotel and there she saw Seungwan who is currently sitting down holding a vape in her hand. "Aren't you going home?" Joohyun was surprised when she heard those from the executive chef, after that sort of argument she didn't even expect that she would talk to her again. Joohyun admires Seungwan who just used her vape and glances at her.

"Nope, I live near here so I'll be okay." Seungwan nods her head in understanding of what Joohyun said. The blonde chef puts her vape down and breathes out, there was a long silence between the two ladies before Joohyun break it. "I...I'm sorry for throwing an attitude earlier, I'm just not used to someone who is being persistent towards me." Seungwan's eyes were in awe when she heard those from Joohyun, her eyes were focused on the lady. Her eyes were apologetic and it somehow made Seungwan smile.

"No don't worry about it, it's my fault for being pushy. I can see your potential inside the kitchen and I just think that you only need some little guidance and encouragement. As the executive chef, I'm just doing my job." Joohyun breathes out softly she might find Seungwan as someone annoying, but in reality, she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter