han river

the way we were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sleeping peacefully in his bed, Jongkook was sleeping on his stomach with one arm dangling on his pillow and the other was on the side of his waist. The sun was beaming through his blinds causing the sleeping tiger to stir. Usually, waking up was a simple task for Jongkook; he was a morning person after all. He groaned when the first beam of sunlight hit his face.

Picking up his phone from his nightstand, he opened the messaging app to check up on the schedule that his manager, Gapjin, had sent. He only has a CF shoot in the afternoon, so he still has time to hit the gym in the morning. 

He placed his phone back on the surface and slowly began to sit up. He put his hand to his head which was throbbing. Crawling out of his warm bed, he walked to his bathroom and took a quick shower to get ready for the day. 

 

After the workout, he called Gapjin to order him some Chinese food on the way to the shooting location, so he can save time and finish the shoot quickly. He really wasn’t in the mood to do something today, but he forces himself to at least do something productive for the day.

Actually, ever since that day, 4 years ago, he lost all the motivation to even get on with his day. He lost his reason, his light, his escape, and his everything. There were even times he’d drown himself with alcohol until he was intoxicated to the point he was a dumb mess. Donghoon and Kwangsoo will always be the ones to knock up some senses into him. He knows his dongsaengs understands him. Being cut off from a loved one you spend 7 years of your life with, wasn’t easy for the members, but especially for him. 

Jongkook and Jihyo first met in 2008 through a show, Family Outing. He admits he found her pretty when he first saw her walk out of the van holding a basket of dried fish. He found her very cheerful and out-going the entire shoot. Surprisingly, there are times she’d go along with the teasing, courtesy of his Jaesuk Hyung. She even screamed “ -ove you!” to him, which made his heart flutter for a bit. 

During break, Jaesuk would catch him staring at her from afar, but he’ll deny it right away.

“Yah, Kookjong-ah. Stop Staring at her and ask for her number already.” said Jaesuk as he nudged his elbows. 

“That’s nonsense, Hyung. I wasn’t staring at her, I was just looking.”

“Yeah, sure. Whatever, Kookjong-ah. Don’t you dare beg me for her number after filming.” He just scoffed in response. 

He wanted to get her number, but he doesn’t want her to think he’s some weird senior and he was sure he won’t see her again after the shoot, so exchanging numbers wasn’t really necessary. 

Not until she was invited as a guest in a show he was in(again). He doesn’t believe in fate or such. He thought that it was just a silly coincidence. Weeks went on, and she came back again as a guest only until the sixth episode, where she officially became a regular member of the show, making her the only “Running Girl”. 

Throughout the years of working together, their feelings for each other developed, and had been secretly dating in 2015.  They decided to keep it a secret at first but eventually came out to the members as a couple after Donghoon caught them being all lovey-dovey in the waiting room alone. 

2 years into their relationship, there sure were a lot of ups and downs. Whenever they try to set up a date, their schedule would always overlap with the other. There were times that they could only meet on Mondays for filming. It wasn’t easy, but they still managed to make it work. 

With Gary leaving the show in 2016, the six of them and the staff were struggling with the ratings dropping each week. They felt helpless. But this doesn’t mean they’d stop filming, well at least not yet.  It’ll take more than a rating and a departure for them to cancel the show. In fact, with Somin and Sechan joining the show in 2017, the staff and members had become closer than ever. 

As they thought that the worst thing that could happen had stopped there, a sudden news of Jihyo leaving the show at the end of July 2017 had surfaced on the internet. Her agency at the time had reported that the sudden departure of the actress was due to having difficulties keeping up with her schedule and decided to focus on her acting career. 

A week before the news of her departure broke out, she had already informed the members and the staff about it. Tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter