End

Night 121 [Earth 1117]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All Minjeong can see—feel is Jimin falling through the air and so she lunges off the clocktower after her. 

 

I have to save her. I have to save her. Catch her. JiminJiminJiminJimin.

 

Time seems to slow and speed up at the same time as the air is thick and smokey, but somehow whistling in her ears. Minjeong isn’t even sure if she’s in her own body, but she trusts the electric instinct coursing through her muscles. She ducks her form and can hear the flapping of her suit as she falls faster and faster towards Jimin. 

 

JiminJiminJiminJimin.

 

She swears that she’s learned consequences and every lesson of grief life has given her or if she hasn’t she’ll find the stupid moral of all the ty things to happen to her if the universe will just let her save Jimin. 

 

There’s pieces of clockwork moving all around her, there’s screeching metal, splintering wood, and despite how enhanced and honed Minjeong’s body is, she seems to only feel her own heartbeat and time running out. 

 

Just a little further, faster, faster. Jimin-unnie. 

 

As Jimin is finally closer, there’s the shattering moment where she closes her eyes like she’s expecting it to end. Like Minjeong is letting her fall. Letting her die. Like Minjeong can’t save her. 

 

Minjeong’s arms finally move from her sides and start reaching out to grasp Jimin. Her hands stretch out seeking her cool skin and the solid reassurance she always has. Every second feels like an eternity and those eternities feel like flashes of light. Minjeong’s senses fully take over as her mind falters. 

 

All she knows is the minute her one of her arms finds purchase on something so her other arm moves out to shoot a web and anchor them. 

 

I’ve got you. I’ve got you. I’ve got you.

 

She nearly crushes Jimin in her hold purely to know she has her in her grasp. Jimin is tangible and touchable with Minjeong. Their forms are pressed together firmly and they exist in the same space. Minjeong can finally feel her. 

 

You’re with me, You’re with me. You’re with me.

 

The air speeds up indefinitely despite her slowing their swooping descent. Her arm is secure around Jimin in the jumpy moments with the elasticity of the webbing. Her mask is suddenly hot and restricting and she tries to comfort herself with Jimin’s solid form pressed against her. 

 

Minjeong panics when she can only hear her own heartbeat as they drift to the ground. Her feet touch the concrete beneath them and her knees slam down into the concrete still clutching Jimin. 

 

She rips off her mask just in time for the tears sliding down her cheeks. 

 

 

Jimin registers the sensation of nothing as air replaces where her feet once rooted her to the safety of the platform. 

 

It happens very quickly, falling is fast and breathless. 

 

She barely catches the red and blue blur of Minjeong’s suit as she follows her, but soon Minjeong is hurtling towards her. 

 

The mask’s large eyes are steady on Jimin as they plunge and it’s comforting. She closes her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter