🦋Final🌙

Falling In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"For the last time.... Can we just dance one more time, please?"

 

Stars started to camp in the dark blanket of skies. The crescent moon happily peeks through the softness of clouds. Audible steps are heard. Aeri is wearing a smile, trying to catch up to the younger who is walking slowly in the empty street somewhere in Seoul. It was a cold evening. The breeze harshly blows and the rain is threatening to fall.

 

"I'm not in the mood unnieeeeee." Ningning's cute whine echoed, making the older's smile double in size.

 

Soft, warm hands made contact with the younger's small ones, successfully stopping Ningning from walking.

 

"Then tell me why you're not in the mood." An obvious frown formed in her face. She knows that she's acting strangely. She immediately complies with the older one when she asks her to, but today is an exception. Her mood is foul and she doesn't want to give in to Aeri's sparkling eyes.

 

A hard sigh escaped her lips. "It's nothing." Aeri raises an eyebrow at her.

 

"Then let's?" Eyes fluttering, her perfectly sculpted lips formed a pout. Ningning stared at her eyes. It’s like the skies went and copied the art inside those orbs, the constellations are nicely formed and she sees her reflection in Aeri’s eyes. Her eyes are so hollow and mysterious. Ningning finds herself out of breath, falling, and drowning. 

 

She whipped her head the other way. "I don't want to." Ningning whines again, weakly shaking the older's hands off her. However, Aeri's persistent hold in her hand remains. Softly caressing the back of her hand with her thumb, she brought the younger's hands up before planting a gentle kiss.

 

"Tell me why then? We are not going anywhere until that frown of yours turns upside down." 

 

Ningning sighed, wondering if she should tell the older what's bugging her mind and why her mood is so down.

 

Should she tell Aeri how much her stomach churns thinking that the older just spent 4 days practically ignoring her for Minjeong? That it bugs her to think that they had a sleepover in her room? Should she tell her how overwhelmed she was and how she was overthinking on what she did wrong to be ignored like that?

 

Should she tell Aeri the fluttering feeling inside her when she feels the older’s scrutiny eyes towards her?

 

"Hey, your face is turning sour... Come on, tell me what's bothering you." Aeri cupped the girl's face and stared at her eyes.

 

Doe-eyes shined despite the absence of light in their place. Those brown orbs showed how worried the older ones were, hence the persistence in her tone. For a moment, Ningning found herself lost in those gaze.

 

"It's really nothing... I'll get over it soon." 

 

Sincerity is quite scary, it caught her off guard and almost got dragged by the fast beating of her heart. She can't afford to let the older girl know the thoughts, emotions, and feelings she's having. If her feelings were to be found, surely nothing would stay the same. That’s why she’d rather hide than be seen.

 

Heaving an inaudible sigh, she asked the stars watching them. She asked for Aeri's persistence to stop already. It seems like the bright ones heard her as she felt the older pinch her cheeks and pursed her lips slightly.

 

"Okay then.... I won't force you if you don't want to tell me." 

 

Ningning felt guilty but she'd prefer to have this than risk their friendship for her stupid thoughts.

 

"But I want to show you something and you can't say no." The shorter one was about to protest, "I asked your mom for permission already. So, you don't have a choice but to come with me."

 

Ningning whined at Aeri's cheeky grin. She basically gave up and let the older take her wherever she's going to take her. Letting herself slowly like the feeling of Aeri's soft grip in her palms. 

 

She wishes to never let go.

 

After what it felt like a swift of air, she realizes that they are heading to the apartment building where the older one lives. Confused as she sees the girl take out a black handkerchief, folding it, and the next thing she knows is that she's blindfolded.

 

"Wh— what are you doing? Unnie??" She heard Aeri's melodious giggle. Flinching, she felt a hand in her waist and her palms. She wandered her eyes despite knowing that the black cloth rendered her sight helpless. The older one tied it so neatly that she can't even peek below.

 

"Do you trust me? My dearest Yi Zhuo?"

 

Good lord... Aeri doesn't know the effect she had on the younger.

 

She nodded, not trusting her voice as it just might speak a mind of its own. Aeri gently pulled her, guiding her to the path of surprise. Yelping here and there as she felt bumps in her way. The older's little cackles enter her ears at every high pitched squeals she lets out.

 

She heard a door squeak, before Aeri pulled her by her hand again.

 

Wordlessly, she felt a tug in the handkerchief that's tied neatly around her head. Her eyes are unveiled and slowly adjust to the brightness around her.

 

A silent gasp left when she saw what the older woman wanted to show her.

 

"It's just some… small stuff. Yeah and uhm, Minjeong helped me too."

 

A small round table in the middle of the living room greeted her, surrounded by fairy lights that were the only illumination in that room. White petals are neatly placed on the floor, making a little pathway to the table. 

 

The simple set-up rendered her speechless. 

 

But... how did this take her up to 4 days with Minjeong though?

 

"Let's go?" Aeri's soft voice halted her thoughts. The older one guided her and dragged the chair for her to sit on. Ningning felt giddy at the action. What a gentlewoman she is.

 

"Wait here." She tapped the younger's shoulder and disappeared into the kitchen.

 

A moment later, Aeri returns. Balancing dishes on one hand while holding two wine glasses in the other. She gently placed the meal and glass in front of Ningning and her. The woman served her favorites. She then went back to the kitchen and returned with a bottle of wine.

 

Visible panic and confusion was seen in the younger’s widened eyes. 

 

“I’m still a minor Unnie!” 

 

“Well…” Popping the cork and pouring the velvety drink in her glass, Aeri flashed her a nice smile before looking at the clock plastered on her wall.

 

Clock strikes 12, the day has started.

 

“Not anymore.” 

 

Sitting on the other chair, she fished out a purple box with a shining blue ribbon out of nowhere. She pushed it towards Ningning and softly patted the box. 

 

“Happy 18th Yi Zhuo.” 

 

Right. She’s been thinking about Aeri all day that she forgot her birthday is arriving. Looking at the woman who was wearing a cheeky smile before her, the feelings in her chest went feral. Her mind is filled with happiness.

 

"Thank you. I don't know what to say." She replied truthfully, returning the other's blinding smile. It’s overwhelming. It feels like she has a whole zoo in her stomach, rampaging and wanting to get out. 

 

“I just… feel so happy that you did this for me.” Looking at the simple yet elegant meal in front of her, she said those words breathlessly.

 

All of a sudden, Aeri got shy and scratched her cheeks, looking at other places rather than the younger one in front of her. 

 

Tick-tock-tick-tock



The smile on the younger's face got wider when she saw the shy older woman squirm in her seat. It's been a long time since she saw Aeri embarrassed. Don't misunderstand! She likes the confident Aeri! But there's something really fascinating when this side of her shows. When her cheeks are dusted with pink colour, when she visibly and chew on her bottom lip, when she closes her hands in a paw. Every little thing about Aeri fascinates her. Ningning felt so happy.

 

Just… so, so happy.

 

"Uhm… let's eat?" She woke up from her trance. Her smile never faltered and went ahead to try the delicious looking meal in front of her. She feels the older's stare at her, anticipating her reaction. 

 

"Wow… this is delicious!" Aeri chuckled at Ningning's widened eyes. "Really? Minjeong must be a really good cook."

 

There it is again, that unpleasant feeling in her stomach. Why did she have to mention Minjeong right now?

 

No, Ningning doesn't hate the girl. If anything, she loves her just like a long-lost sister. But now, why does it feel like it's her against Minjeong?

 

"You know, I've been practicing these past few days with her but… I can't seem to grasp cooking." The older one spoke bitterly, seemingly disappointed at herself. "How sad, I wanted to cook for you."

 

The spark in Ningning’s eyes came back, “Really?”

 

"Yeah, that's why we decided that she'll be the one to cook." Aeri smiled at her and took a bite of her own meal. The younger's eyes travelled to her hands, now noticing the bandages wrapped around the older's fingers. Now she felt guilty for being in a sour mood earlier.

 

She's with Minjeong because she wants to learn how to cook for her. How embarrassing.  

 

She took a bite of her meal once again, it is indeed delicious. Thinking to herself that she will thank Minjeong, and maybe apologize right after. 

 

Well, she might or might have ignored the girl earlier at school. 

 

"You look sad again.” Aeri spoke before taking a sip of her wine.

 

“I have something for you..." Grinning, Aeri stood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter