Chapter 1

Magical Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today December 24th, I returned to my hometown in Daegu to celebrate Christmas Eve with my family. After 2 years I couldn't celebrate with them because the year-end festivals were very busy, so I still had to work since I was a make-up artist. However, years before, this year I chose to take time off.

Still, in my pajamas, I went to the kitchen and made a glass of warm cocoa.

 

"Oh Joohyun-ah, it's still 7 in the morning. You're up this early?"

"Yes appa, I think it’s become my habit to wake up early. Anyway, I will go back to my room to enjoy my cocoa, let's talk later appa."

"Yeah, I got it."

 

I returned to my room with a cup of cocoa, leaning against the window, watching people pass by from my room. Our apartment is on the 3rd floor so I could clearly watch people on the street.

I've always loved watching people go by on the street in the morning, wondering what they're going to do, where they're going.

It’s unfortunately not so many people were seen on the street this morning, maybe because it was cold outside.

 

Until someone caught my eye, she was across the street waiting to cross in a black beanie, in her jacket and gloves, and her jogger pants. She’s wearing all black. I’m assuming she was on her morning jog.

She then crossed the street making her way to our apartment and she stopped, which made me have to move closer to the window so I could see her again.

She took off her beanie, letting her orange hair fall and she took something from her jacket pocket to tie her hair into a ponytail, allowing me to see her face clearly.

Her face is small, her nose is pointed, she looks pretty and she has an aura that makes me want to see her for a long time. A charisma that caught my attention.

But soon she disappeared from my sight as she started running again.

 

I wonder who that woman is, does she live in this area?

I didn't know that there was such an attractive woman living here.

 

 

 

A new day has arrived, it is Christmas day!

I've been busy spending my whole Christmas Eve decorating the house and wrapping gifts for today's event.

 

Same as yesterday, I wake up early and make a hot cup of cocoa before starting my day. I took my time to look out the window, hoping to see the woman from yesterday. I looked across the street for her, but instead, she appeared from below and she ran across the street to start her morning jog.

 

There she is, but why did she appear from there?

Wouldn’t it be funny if she turns out to live in the same building as me?

 

Her outfit today wasn't much different from yesterday, except she wasn't wearing a beanie for today.

I chuckled when I saw her shoelaces untied as she started to run and could see the cursing coming out of as she had to stop to tie her shoelaces.

Once she has done, she slowly disappear as she started to run farther and farther.

 

"Joohyun-ah, are you awake?" My mother called.

"I'm awake, Omma. Why?"

"Let's go shopping for tonight. I’ll be waiting in the living room, come outside when you're ready."

"Okay, Omma."

 

 

After a while, we finally finished shopping for some items and groceries needed for the Christmas event tonight.

My mother and I got out of the taxi with a full shopping bag in each of our hands.

 

"Omma, you said we weren't going to spend much. But look at this, it’s better to order online."

"Sshh, think of this as exercising, Joohyun-ah." I rolled my eyes.

 

We were just about to go inside before my mother is called by her friend and she gives me the groceries bag she was carrying. She shoo-ed me to go inside while she was still chatting with her friend.

I sighed and carried the groceries bag with both of my hands which made it hard for me to see ahead. I carefully stepped on the stairs and tried to open the lobby door with my shoulder.

 

"Woah hold on, let me help you." Said a woman who was running from behind me to hold the door open.

"Th-thank you." I said, even though I couldn't see who was helping me just now.

"Here let me help you to carry some." My hands felt lighter after she took a few bags from my hand and I didn't expect that it was the blonde-haired woman who have just returned from her morning run.

"Thank You."

She smiled, "You're welcome. You bought a lot by yourself, having a big Christmas dinner perhaps?" She walked ahead of me to the elevator and when the elevator door opened she let me go in first.

"I was with my mom, she left me for her friend, and yeah, she almost swept clean the whole supermarket for tonight’s dinner." The blonde girl laughed at my exaggerated joke.

 

"Which floor?" She asked.

"3rd floor, please."

"Oh, we live on the same floor." She said while pressing the 3rd-floor button.

"Did you recently move here?"

"No no, I'm just staying for Christmas at my aunt’s place. Usually, we celebrate Christmas in my hometown in Bucheon but this year my parents suggested celebrating it with my aunt's family."

"Ahh, that's why when I saw you yesterday, I didn't remember anyone like you living here."

 

She turned to me who was standing behind her,

"What do you mean by anyone like me? I don't remember we've met before."

"S-sorry if it sounds rude to you, that's not what I meant. Yesterday I saw you crossing the street when you were on a morning jog from my room and I just thought you look good. That's all, please don't misunderstand what I said."

 

Feeling flustered I explained while stuttering. My heart was pounding so hard and I had given up, thought she would be mad at me before I could get to know her.

 

"Really? I would like to hear that thought of yours."

"Umm.. Uhh.. "

Then she chuckled, "It's fine, I was just messing with you."

"Wha--, you got me there." Feeling embarrassed, I laughed along with her.

 

It's good to know that her personality is easygoing like this since I'm a bit shy around new people which makes it hard for me to make friends with people other than at work.

 

"By the way, why are you keep standing behind me? I almost forgot you are here. Come stand beside me, or do I smell bad?" She sniffed around her body.

"A little bit." I lied.

 

Her eyes widen, she moves a step away from me. She believed what I said for a few seconds before I started to laugh.

"Eyy, you scared me, I almost believed you."

 

Then the elevator dinged open, we walked out together while I’m still laughing at what just happened.

"Is that so funny to you?" The blonde woman looked at me with a smile as well.

"Yeah, you should have seen your fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter