fin.

you're just like the snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow."

 

Ning Yizhuo stared out of the window, her breath fogging up the glass as she exhaled softly. Gazing at the snow during night time was truly a moving experience. Yizhuo always thought that the snow was pretty, yet something about the way the white flakes of snow fell into the dark night sky was so captivating, providing her a sense of comfort. It almost reminded her of someone who was just as captivatingly comforting.

 

And that someone's caller ID was blinking back up at Yizhuo, startling her a little, since she normally doesn't call her. Swiping to answer the call, Yizhuo brings her phone to her ear, tongue between teeth as she tries to fight a smile from forming on her lips.

 

"Ning-ah!"

 

"Unnie!" Yizhuo answered breathlessly, clutching her chest tightly because she could feel her heart threatening to burst. "What made you call so suddenly?"

 

"Are you home?"

 

"Yeah, 'course I am. Why?" She heard a small 'tch' from the other line and she snickered a bit. 

 

"Dumbo. It's the first snow and I was asking to see if you wanted to watch the snow with me outside."

 

"Are you gonna come and get me?" asked Yizhuo hopefully. She hears a light chuckle.

 

"Yeah. I'm actually right outside your house now and I can see you from your bedroom window."

 

Yizhuo had snapped her head so quickly to look outside the window and sure enough, the petite figure of Kim Minjeong was waving at her, phone in hand and Yizhuo grinned toothily back at her, adoring the way her tiny unnie was all wrapped up in several layers of clothing, her favorite fluffy white jacket making her look even smaller than she already was.

 

Yizhuo got up from her chair, hastily dashing over to her closet, rummaging for her coat, arms easily slipping into the sleeves of the warm coat. She runs downstairs, with her mom telling her to be careful as she went, nearly falling face-down when she almost tripped down the stairs. She gets her boots from the shoe rack near the door and when she opened the door to leave, she gasped softly, breathing in, the chill of winter nipping at her skin and finding its way down her lungs.

 

Minjeong stood there, hands in her pockets. She boasts her sharp jawline as she gazes up at the night sky, seemingly deep in thought. The streetlights near her had casted an orange-ish halo around her head and Yizhuo thinks that people would think that Minjeong is an angel when they see her in this setting. And if that happened, Yizhuo wouldn't blame them. Because Kim Minjeong truly looked (and acted) like an angel.

 

She's got to be the prettiest person Yizhuo had ever laid her eyes on.

 

Minjeong spotted her, grinning widely, and Yizhuo could feel her cheeks rising as she smiled, sprinting over to Minjeong, not minding the slippery ground.

 

"You dummy, why are you runnin-"

 

"Unnie!" exclaimed Yizhuo, tackling Minjeong to the ground with a bone-crushing hug.

 

"Hey, that hurts!"

 

"Sorry," apologized Yizhuo with a wide grin. "Got too excited seeing my favorite best friend ever."

 

Minjeong rolled her eyes with a smile that showed off her dimples, before standing up, holding out a cold hand in front of her for Yizhuo to take, pulling her up.

 

"Shall we head off now?"

 

And so they did. They roamed around the streets of Seoul, with Minjeong buying two corndogs each for the two of them. Yizhuo's feet were starting to protest (she had put on the wrong pair of boots - they were a size smaller than her feet size) but she still walked with Minjeong anyway because honestly, Yizhuo doesn't want to stop here.

 

They stopped at a park, drinking the drinks they bought from Starbucks after they finished eating their corndogs.

 

"Unnie?" Yizhuo asked quietly, crushing the empty plastic container in her hands slowly, eyes not quite meeting Minjeong's even though she knew that Minjeong turned around to look at her.

 

"Hm?"

 

Yizhuo glanced at her, shying away from Minjeong's gaze. Should she tell her?

 

"I like you." She was almost hoping that Minjeong hadn't heard her say that, intentionally squeaking it out with the smallest voice she can muster. But from the way Minjeong had shifted beside her, she knew that sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter