more than enough.

and it's only between us

 

something tugs at her heart, in a pleasant way, so delicate that it feels like it's levitating inside her chest. within the four walls packed with various staffs, their overlapping conversations reverberate throughout like a routinely commotion. the waiting room has always been lively — too many eyes watching, ears picking up every little thing that's intriguing or a possible topic for gossip later.

 

even then, they catch each other's gaze across the room, one that lasts long enough to curve up the corners of minjeong's lips when she shifts her eyes to the ground. the tip of her tongue is between her teeth, biting down the urge to smile so widely at a moment so fleeting.

 

when minjeong dares herself to look up through her lashes, yizhuo is already glancing at her from the mirror's reflection. the little smile that she gives is sort of playful, eyes glinting affectionately. 

 

a staff walks between, and yizhuo is back to looking through the choices of accessories their stylist had sprawled out on the dressing table.

 

minjeong leans back in her seat, a short sigh escaping . her smile dissolves just as the gentle flutter in her stomach does. it's the same thing everyday, yet the momentary joy it grants is inexplicable.

 

"we haven't gone on stage yet and you're sighing already." 

 

it's aeri that occupies the space beside her a second later. it startles minjeong in the slightest, prompting her to open her eyes abruptly in the middle of her daydream. she finds her a little peculiar, because aeri is smiling— beaming even — when she settles down. 

 

her smile looks sly, but minjeong doesn't question it. perhaps, she's looking forward to the café trip their manager had promised them afterwards. minjeong doesn't think any further than that.

 

"i'm not tired, if you mean. i just... always sigh." she puts her head back down against the backrest, if aeri doesn't notice her answering in haste, she thinks she could probably start thinking about pursuing acting in the future.

 

either that, or aeri just doesn't point it out.

 

"even after stuffing your face with guo bao rou?" aeri laughs, the dipping whiskers on her cheeks now tangible. 

 

minjeong would shake her head, joining in the soft laughter that blends in all the ruckus.

 

"now that, is a sigh of happiness."

 

she catches yizhuo's eyes one last time before they went up the stage. only this time it's not from across the room but beside each other, fingers discreetly intertwining behind their backs. and it's like a short moment of boldness when minjeong leans close to yizhuo's ear, warm breath tickling sensitive skin.

 

"let's bag this award show."

 

.

 

it's tough enough trying to have the dorm all to themselves. apart from aeri being a total homebody and only seldomly going out (or someone else drags her along), there's another thing to worry about, or rather — someone.

 

these days, yizhuo's being cautious when jimin is within the vicinity (which is all the time). maybe minjeong and her might have been a little too brave lately. somewhere along the lines they must have let it shown too much, because the next thing yizhuo could feel burning through the back of her head is jimin's daunting gaze. 

 

and when she would turn to look, throat running dry, all she would see is jimin looking at her phone, face so neutral as if she had been doing that the whole time. 

 

maybe jimin knows, and then... and then what? 

 

their leader is the most kindest person she's ever met, sometimes softspoken and serious only when need be. yet the possibility of being found out and exposed remains like a plague in her head.

 

jimin unnie wouldn't do that... would she?

 

"ning, hey," a gentle nudge on her arm snaps her out of her trance. 

 

yizhuo whips her head to face minjeong, who's curled up against her. they're on the couch, and king kong's playing on their tv. the subtle background noise eases yizhuo a little. minjeong nudges her again, brows furrowed. in those brilliant brown orbs, there's a hint of concern.

 

"you okay?" minjeong's voice comes out as a soft whisper, worry lacing her tone. 

 

"yeah... it's nothing." yizhuo says, breathy as if she had been holding it in. she tries to smile to assuage whatever worries that might have been implanted in minjeong's head, it comes out trembling instead. 

 

it's painful when she quickly pulls away her hand just as minjeong tries to grab it, folding her arms against her chest as she nervously gulps. she could see jimin in her peripheral vision. it's even more painful when she sees hurt flashing in minjeong's eyes. 

 

"you, sissy, are going to damage your eyes if you stare at that phone any longer." aeri comes to the scene practically stomping, making a beeline towards jimin who's giving her a puzzled look with the sudden admonishing.

 

"aeri? but i'm in bubble-"

 

"yes yes, you want to wish MYs a lovely good night but let's just go to our room first." jimin elicits a squeak as aeri yanks her by the arm, pulling her out of the living room.

 

she shoots the younger ones a questionable look, wondering what had gotten into aeri tonight. they weren't of much help either, shaking their heads with their jaws hung loose as they watched their leader getting dragged away.

 

and then jimin suddenly halts her steps, turning to aeri as she holds the girl in place. aeri blinks, jimin grows even more confused when she realised something.

 

"wait, our? but i'm not your roommate anymore?"

 

a groan from aeri, and she goes back to dragging jimin towards her room.

 

"who ever said that would be strict? besides, what if i say i miss sneaking into your bed even though ours were just beside each other?" aeri points out, not even a trace of embarrassment on her face as she admitted the last sentence out loud.

 

"w-well i... huh, you do?" it's successful in stunning jimin at least, the latter being (pleasantly) surprised at the blatant statement.

 

aeri nods once firmly, (her cheeks may or may not have turned a tint of pink.) she gives jimin one last shove into her shared room with minjeong, before lingering at the frame of the door a second longer.

 

'you're welcome!' 

 

or at least that's what the two peeking from the couch managed to capture from aeri's lips before the latter winked and ultimately shuts the door.

 

minjeong's utterly shocked — mouth hung agape, eyes twitching. yizhuo runs out of words to say, her mind is in shambles because why did aeri unnie say that and then winked-

 

"she knows... aeri unnie knows!" 

 

yizhuo snaps her head towards minjeong who suddenly starts shrieking in her lowest volume possible. her hands clutched her head, fingers tugging at the roots of her raven short locks. 

 

"oh no," yizhuo's eyes widen, her panic starting to mirror minjeong's, "but... she looked neutral about it like-"

 

"like she's known about it for a long time?!"

 

"yes!" yizhuo gasps.

 

"oh my gosh, was it my not-so-subtle staring? was that why she was smiling so... weirdly at me the other day?" minjeong rambles, letting herself fall face first into a pillow. 

 

she grumbles against the coarse fabric, legs kicking in the air. yizhuo grabs both of her hazardous legs and forces them down with a click of her tongue, patting the older girl on the back after.

 

"unnie, to be honest, you can barely control your eyes whenever i'm around. i know i'm a total eye candy but seriously you're shameless sometimes." yizhuo tries to goad her, a teasing smile growing on her lips. 

 

minjeong shoots up in her seat, narrowing her eyes at the youngest who's smiling smugly. she bites her cheek, knowing she couldn't deny the truth but she isn't letting yizhuo have all the glory and feed her pride.

 

so she grabs the pillow and gives a swing at yizhuo's face, the latter squealing and barely dodging the incoming attack. minjeong ignores the scowl that she gets afterwards, rolling her eyes. that didn't even make up for all the times she was yizhuo's punching bag whenever she would laugh her c7 notes out loud. 

 

(internally, she prayed for the rest of her members who experienced the same thing when they sat beside her.)

 

"oh i know you're not talking! do you realise how much you like to hug me? also, you touch me a lot." minjeong shoves an index finger in front of yizhuo's face to assert her point. she's quick to retract her hand before yizhuo surges in to bite her fingers off.

 

"i touch everyone!" yizhuo exclaims, her words come out a little scandalous, but she swiftly tries to save the situation when she sees minjeong giving her a look of pure disbelief.

 

she didn't need to ask to know that minjeong's heart dropped there for a bit. 

 

"in a friendly way... depending on who they are. you're my girlfriend so obviously i touch you more." yizhuo releases a long sigh, turning her body to face minjeong on the couch, her cold palms rests against the latter's thighs.

 

minjeong rolls her eyes again, lips jutting out as she looks down at the pair of dainty hands on her thighs, gently placing her own above them.

 

"...wow, we are terrible." she says, scoffing at the thought of all the times she's blatantly let her eyes strayed on yizhuo. she's more surprised at the fact that no one other than aeri managed to put the puzzle pieces together.

 

she figures it's about time jimin would realise it too — she knows aeri wouldn't say a thing to the oldest — but jimin's observational skills wasn't something to take lightly. minjeong could only hope their group dynamic wouldn't change when she does find out, hopes that her and yizhuo wouldn't receive looks of disdain from their beloved leader.

 

her insides twist uncomfortably, suddenly feeling like her tongue is too big for . overthinking had always been an issue for her.

 

she feels her fingers being pinched lightly, she blinks, yizhuo successfully pulling her out of her stupor.

 

"but look at the brightside, people would brush it off as you know... fanservice? or they'd think we have the cutest uh, friendship." yizhuo gets the last word out through gritted teeth, forehead creasing as she visibly cringes.

 

minjeong feigns gagging even, earning a giggle from yizhuo. 

 

"though that gives me relief and sadness at the time." yizhuo breathes out, there's a dull ache somewhere in her chest, tightens.

 

sensing the sudden gloom in the atmosphere, minjeong gently tugs the cold hands in hers. 

 

"and you're relieved because?"

 

"the chances of us getting caught is close to none, unless i decide to kiss you square on the lips in front of a camera." yizhuo shrugs, watching minjeong's fingers playing with hers.

 

"why would you even think to do that." minjeong deadpans, arching an amused brow.

 

yizhuo huffs, frowning.

 

"because you are a people magnet! maybe i'd like to prove what is mine. it just makes me sad knowing i can't do that." she grouses, shoulders sagging as she dips her head. 

 

the sight evokes a little smile on minjeong's face, creates an ephemeral burst of butterflies in her stomach. she wonders if yizhuo is aware of how badly smitten she is. 

 

minjeong uses a hand to lift yizhuo's head by her chin, she chuckles. as if the pursing of her lips didn't increase the urge to kiss her tenfold. instead, she places her forehead against yizhuo's, and just like that she sees a smile slowly forming on the latter's lips.

 

"hey, you know i'm always yours right? for as long as you want me to be. they don't have to know. just think of it as our own little world, yeah?"

 

"stop it unnie, you're gonna make me bawl being all sappy like that."

 

and minjeong kisses her full between shy smiles and suppressed giggles.

 

.

 

the ventilation of the washroom is relentless — the air is cool and crisp — probably enough to numb anyone's toes the second they enter. but the cold edge of the marble sink against her is piercing, sending a militia of chills crawling down her spine. 

 

this damn backless dress.

 

"u-unnie... wait-" yizhuo pulls away breathily as desperate cherry lips chase hers, they trail softly against her neck, yizhuo unconsciously tilting her head giving more access to her pretty assailant.

 

she comes to her senses again before she could succumb in the euphoria, they were threading in treacherous waters just liplocking in the public washroom. not to mention, after an important event too.

 

christ, we're the embodiment of deranged idiots.

 

"minjeong unnie!" yizhuo hissed, pushing minjeong's firm shoulders slightly to stop her alluring ministrations. fortunately, minjeong listens this time, pulling away and looking at her with worried eyes.

 

"sorry, i got... carried away. you okay?" she asks casually.

 

yizhuo exhales shakily, examining minjeong's flushed face. she folds her arms, tongue pushing against the inside of her cheek. minjeong's breathing is ragged, eyes half lidded and she has yizhuo pinned against the shimmering sink of a washroom in a significant venue — an award show for goodness' sake — where mind you, the possibility of someone walking in is a high probability.

 

and she really asked that question so casually.

 

"carried away is an understatement." yizhuo states, eyes immediately softening when minjeong shifts nervously. "what's wrong?"

 

"you look gorgeous, like really drop dead gorgeous." minjeong curtly replies, and it was obvious that she wanted it to end there. 

 

but yizhuo isn't really planning to get out of here with a distressed girlfriend.

 

"i'm flattered but that's not all, is it?" yizhuo smiles softly. she throws a quick glance at the door before snaking her arms around minjeong's neck.

 

minjeong glances away.

 

there it is, the brief dejection flashing in her eyes. 

 

"it's nothing, there were just... a bunch of eyes ogling you and- nevermind, this is stupid." minjeong hastily tries to brush off the topic, attempts to withdraw from yizhuo's arms.

 

the universe is toying with me, minjeong thinks, because having yizhuo so close is dizzying, her smeared lipstick stains decorating yizhuo's soft flesh is awfully luscious.

 

yizhuo hums, her feline eyes looking into minjeong's coyly.

 

"no unnie, it isn't. it's completely valid for you-"

 

"don't say it."

 

"to feel-"

 

"ning, please it's so embarrassing."

 

"jealous!"

 

minjeong groans, forehead planted against yizhuo's bare shoulder. yizhuo merely laughs, giving her gentle pats on the back. 

 

"you better hug me all night till morning when we go home, ning yizhuo." she whines.

 

"sure, i'll even hug you till the end of the world if you ask."

 

when they break apart, minjeong almost doubles over looking at their disarrayed appearance in the wide mirror. yizhuo's blonde hair is slightly tousled, minjeong's bangs are in a complete mess. don't get them started on their smeared lipsticks and the striking lip marks on yizhuo's milky skin. 

 

"wow, i'm gonna have fun cleaning all these marks."

 

"i swear to god, it feels like jimin unnie's going to walk in here any second."

 

"i'm even more surprised that not even one soul walked in."

 

.

 

nothing gets the girls going like a late night trip to the convenience store. you send a whole group of ravenous idols-by-day-hyperactive-girls-by-night, and you start to chant prayers mentally like a mantra so that they don't end up sweeping the whole store clean. but it gives you a peace of mind knowing that it's the little things that make them overjoyed.

 

minjeong has her cheek against the cool glass outside the store, eyes trailing after a particular blonde inside who's happily picking out snacks from an aisle. when she leans away, she adjusts her mask, rubbing her freezing cherubic cheeks with her free hand.

 

it's when she realises that aeri's looking at her. she stiffens, eyes darting around and even glancing back to see if she was mistaken. aeri chuckles, bringing her attention back.

 

"why, why are you doing that." minjeong queries rather cautiously.

 

"doing what?" aeri asks innocently, head tilted curiously. 

 

minjeong could clearly see her eyes turning into crescents, knowing that the older girl is smiling behind that mask of hers.

 

"giving me a side eye and that... that quirky smile of yours." minjeong trails off, her finger waggling awkwardly at her.

 

aeri doesn't answer for a while, looking as if she was contemplating about something. and then she chuckles again with a shake of her head.

 

"i don't know if it's my extraordinary perception skills or you both are just really terrible at hiding yourselves." aeri finally confesses, holding the urge to laugh at minjeong who is now embarrassed.

 

she eventually sighs in defeat, gives aeri a playful glare. yeah, there was no use in trying to deny it anyway. 

 

"well if we were terrible, the whole company would have known by now. maybe even the world." minjeong gives an indifferent shrug, swinging her bag full of various drinks and snacks lightly. 

 

aeri nods, gives a little curtsy to exaggerate her finesse.

 

"i know, i'm great."

 

minjeong shakes her head, laughing in amusement. and the frosty air doesn't nip at her lungs as much as before. 

 

"you know, you're always smiling like that when you're looking at us." minjeong says, referring to her and yizhuo, scrutinising aeri as her words sink in.

 

it doesn't faze her one bit, and it sort of worries minjeong in the slightest. aeri's eye smile is all she sees.

 

"maybe i'm just happy to see you both happy. it's like a second hand thing you know?" aeri says, hands buried deep in the pockets of her padded jacket.

 

there's a pause, before minjeong switches the bag to her other hand.

 

"thank you, but i'd like to see you happy too." minjeong gives aeri a pointed stare, she doesn't miss the fleeting look of longing in her eyes. "so who is it?"

 

aeri breaks her gaze, despite appearing nonchalant, minjeong could recognise the uncertainty in her shaky pupils. though before she could get an answer, the door of the convenience store bursts open.

 

"yes! i've got everything i need!" jimin comes out looking like she emerged victorious after a hardfought battle, flailing her full bags in the air as if they were flags. 

 

yizhuo follows suit, waddling towards minjeong making incomprehensible happy noises. there's a huge grin plastered on jimin's lips as she practically bounces towards aeri. 

 

ah, of course. minjeong beams.

 

she doesn't forget how aeri visibly softened, tender eyes smiling fondly only for yu jimin.

 

.

 

"don't move, ddoongie's on your head." yizhuo warns her, eyes focused on her beloved critter sitting adorably atop minjeong's head.

 

truthfully, all minjeong wanted was to be buried in yizhuo's loving embrace this weekend, she wanted to revel in her girlfriend's presence and relaxing warmth. she sort of has that going, they're both in yizhuo and jimin's shared room, on yizhuo's comfy sheets. minjeong has long placed her languid self on top of the younger, arms wrapped around her torso as her cheek lay flushed against yizhuo's sternum.

 

minjeong grumbles when yizhuo makes a move to prop her back against the headboard. she follows her movement, crawling back into her favourite place, glued to yizhuo's front. she tangles their legs just the way she likes it. and surprisingly, the gecko is still stuck to her head.

 

"if he decides to cutely deposit even a tiny drop of his excrement in my hair, ning you are not seeing kwangya ever again." minjeong lazily spits out, eyelids heavy.

 

she hears a delightful hum.

 

"good, i never liked that place. now stay still, i'm taking a picture!" yizhuo retorts, the only thing going through her mind now is the sight of her two beloveds as she snaps a picture of them.

 

"my two favourite beings in one frame, how cute." yizhuo coos at the picture (now her favourite), sighing rather dreamily at something minjeong would have otherwise found gross.

 

minjeong whines some more, nuzzling against yizhuo's neck.

 

"can't believe i have a gecko for a competition."

 

yizhuo rolls her eyes.

 

"fine, i love you a little more than ddoongie."

 

minjeong frowns, raising her head to look at her, annoyed. 

 

"that is not, in the slightest bit, reassuring at all." 

 

yizhuo giggles, at the tingling feeling of having minjeong's face just a couple of inches away from hers, at ddoongie who is unexpectedly at his best behaviour on top of her lover's head. she takes this opportunity to peck minjeong's pouting lips (she's asking for it looking all cute like that anyway).

 

the door suddenly swings open, revealing a stunned jimin at the door frame, too baffled to move. the abruptness of it all had caused minjeong to jump off of yizhuo, the latter miraculously catching the equally surprised gecko as it flew up in the air, before landing in her safe hands. yizhuo clutches the poor critter against her chest, releasing a relieved sigh.

 

minjeong, on the contrary, ended up on the floor with her chest heaving like she had the biggest fright of her life (she did).

 

"oh! sorry, i thought... aeri might have been in here. she uh... she wasn't in her room." jimin shrinks, cheeks turning scarlet realising she could have interrupted a moment between the two youngest. 

 

she chuckles awkwardly, giving minjeong an apologetic grin, watching as the girl exhales and ultimately gives up on standing. she opted to lay sprawled on the carpeted floor after experiencing such a heart attack.

 

"she's out with somi unnie, i think." yizhuo finally answers, placing ddoongie back into his tank.

 

the information gives her a heavy heart, it makes her shoulders drop. yizhuo is carefully examining her facial expressions.

 

"right..." jimin slowly nods, pulling her lips between her teeth as she fiddles with her sweater paws. 

 

more silence, before the rustling of minjeong getting up to her feet captures their attention and they're both looking at the frantic girl. minjeong's constant fidgeting and shifting of weight amuses jimin. 

 

"um, we weren't doing anything weird. i promise you, i was just... visiting ddoongie?" minjeong clears , grimaces at her own words. she throws a quick glance at yizhuo who merely scratches her forehead, then back to struggling to look at jimin in the eyes.

 

"you don't have to get so defensive, minjeong-ah." jimin says unexpectedly, it comes out benign out of her lips, curling up in the softest smile.

 

"hah right! i just thought-"

 

"i wasn't suspecting anything. if i did, i would have tried to listen in first or at least knock. for extra measure, maybe you could lock the door?" jimin meekly shrugs, scratching the back of her head, wanting her searing cheeks to begone this instant.

 

"...i am going to pretend i don't know what you just implied, unnie." yizhuo's face burns, moist lips smacking nervously. minjeong has her reddening face buried in her hands, having to calm herself by settling back down on yizhuo's bed.

 

now it was jimin's turn to be on edge, body rigid with her eyes darting back and forth between the two. she coughs, inhaling sharply.

 

"i know... about you two." she says, it sounded more like a mumble but the pair in the room managed to catch her words.

 

she watches as minjeong and yizhuo exchanged brief glances.

 

"and you're not... angry or disgusted or anything?" minjeong reluctantly replies, fidgeting with the velvety sheets.

 

it alarms jimin, realising how her actions all this time must have really affected the two. frankly, she never really knew — only skeptical — never intended to even appear as if she was some kind of hindrance that wanted them nowhere near each other whenever she was there. 

 

"what? why would i be- no!" jimin's frantically waving her hands in front of her face, brows joined together forming a frown. 

 

if anything, she wanted to protect them if she could. 

 

"so what was all the glaring about then?" yizhuo curiously asks, a little puzzled at this point, remembering all the times she swears she thought jimin had given them stares so unnerving that it still pricks at her skin recalling it.

 

maybe all the anxiety made her skittish about every little thing.

 

"glaring? you thought i was glaring- no no no. i was just..." jimin scoffs, bewildered (and a little hurt) that yizhuo had thought that way but she understands where she comes from. "i don't know, maybe i was..." 

 

jimin drops her gaze, heart palpitating against her chest. she rubs her arm, suddenly feeling so small.

 

"...envious." she finally adds, eyes tightly shut as her ears start to burn.

 

of what you two have. she omits internally.

 

they were brave, and perhaps all jimin wanted was some of that so that these bottled feelings threatening to spill would be free at some point. and she feels like a dispirited child who's lost her way, but yizhuo and minjeong knew just how to lift her spirits again. 

 

"you wanna come sit down?" yizhuo asks, with a gentle smile across her lips and jimin just trudges towards them meekly with her head hung low.

 

when she starts to timidly tell them about aeri, minjeong couldn't contain her goofy smile when she takes it in, realising the irony of it all. yizhuo reels jimin in for a big hug, wants to absorb all of her sadness if she could.

 

"sorry i assumed unnie. if it helps, aeri unnie likes you too."

 

jimin nods weakly against her shoulder, she knows that for a fact, even as far as being told face to face in the enclosed space of their dance practice room. when it was a time of short lived bliss, knowing the feeling was mutual, but she had been so, so scared that she ended up hurting the person she treasured most.

 

even when aeri had patted her head gently with her loving whisker smile, telling her it was okay, jimin could clearly see how it pained her. because her usual dimpled smile never did reach her eyes that day.

 

to this day, she hated how fear still has her in its tight grasp.

 

"i don't know... maybe she doesn't like me anymore. do you know how fast i rejected her that day? she ought to move on now, i don't deserve her." jimin's lips start to tremble, glassy brown eyes looking up at the two youngest.

 

minjeong hums in understanding, moving to sling an arm around jimin's neck. she rubs her shoulder and shoots her a reassuring smile. the sight triggers jimin's tear glands, she leans in her kind touch.

 

"you're afraid unnie, and it's okay to be. it's kind of hard yeah, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't seize an opportunity that makes you happy." minjeong tells the quivering girl against her, yizhuo gives her a light nod, drawing in to embrace the two of them.

 

"you know what i think? i think that rather than passing the opportunity and regretting it in the long run, it's better to grab it now and cherish it within your hold. because the chance might not happen again." yizhuo soothes her, eyes fluttered close as she places her cheek on top of jimin's head. 

 

minjeong nods, cradling their quail egg close, hoping whatever fear or doubt plaguing jimin's head would gradually vanish. having been through the same anguish and being able to be someone else's succour — someone so important to them — it's so relieving.  

 

"the future is uncertain, that's a given. but for now, i just think that whatever we have is enough." minjeong sighs contentedly, sporting a broad grin as she squeezes jimin.

 

"why do you girls sound so mature? i'm the oldest one here. i'm gonna cry even more-"

 

sandwiched between minjeong and yizhuo, whom she can safely say are her top pillars of support, jimin eventually let the waterpipes burst, letting out choked sobs as the pair embraces her wholly.

 

she feels the trepidation that once engulfed her entire self slowly start to disappear, heart finally rekindling the spark she once lost sight of.

 

.

 

the laminate flooring of the dance practice room is cooling, their hushed voices bounces off the walls, resonating across the wide room.

 

minjeong, seated in the corner with her back against the wall, stares openly at the two familiar figures having an animated conversation near the mirrors. she juts out her lower lip, puffing lazily — her breath shoots up and she feels her bangs barely moving, stuck to her damp forehead.

 

"ning,"

 

"hm?" yizhuo lifts her head.

 

she's in front of her, laying on the floor with her limbs spread out, basking in the coolness of the floor against her back. 

 

"you think they're together now?" minjeong whispers, nodding her chin towards their two older members.

 

yizhuo turns to look. jimin's laughing with her head thrown back, knees bending and aeri's fallen to the floor like jelly, her shrilling laugh echoing throughout the room. it sounds like a pleasant melody in her ears, minjeong thinks she understands what aeri meant when she talked about second hand happiness before. 

 

"yes! and i'm so happy for them." yizhuo curls in giddiness, and minjeong nods.

 

"hm, what about us?"

 

"us? what about us?" perplexed, yizhuo gets off the floor, sitting up as she gives her a questioning look. 

 

"are you happ-"

 

minjeong doesn't even get to finish her question (which she meant to come off jokingly) when yizhuo suddenly rushes in to crash their lips together in a swift, chaste kiss. minjeong's frozen with her lips tightened, panicked eyes looking around.

 

yizhuo palms her warm cheeks instead, making sure that minjeong is looking at her. her gentle eyes eases her nerves. and minjeong realises that there's barely anyone in the room, the dancers were out and their teacher mentioned something about a stomach ache. furthermore, the two oldest were extremely indulged in their own world to even notice.

 

not that they would mind, maybe jimin would chastise them a little since there was the presence of a camera. but there was only one and it was placed at the other corner of the room in linear, thank god for the massive table blocking its sight. 

 

"stupid question. of course i am!" yizhuo chirps, stretching minjeong's cheeks.

 

she whines about the stinging sensation after, and yizhuo gladly plants light kisses on both her rosy cheeks. then she settles beside minjeong, head automatically gravitating to comfortable shoulders.

 

"unnie, maybe we could ask jimin unnie to go back to our previous room arrangement-" 

 

"no thank you, the smell of ddongie's could literally kill me in my sleep. like how could jimin unnie stand that??"

 

"HEY! i don't accept this ddongie slander! you take that back!"

 

for now, it's enough.