final

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona is sweet.

There's a lot that Juhyun likes about her.

Juhyun likes how Yoona grows shy when telling her how much she likes her: how her voice gets really quiet and timid, and her fingers fiddle nervously. She likes the flush at the top of Yoona's cheeks whenever Juhyun kisses her first, as if it's something rare and precious, no matter how many times she does it, and she really likes all the ways in which Yoona laughs: sometimes she's so loud, mouth wide and hands flapping about - the very picture of joyfulness - but then, sometimes, she laughs low and secretive right by Juhyun's ear for only her to hear.

She likes the post-its that Yoona tucks into her schoolbooks when she's not looking: goofy drawings or reminders to rest, or sometimes terrible pick-up lines that Juhyun is sure she must be looking up online at this point. She also, surprisingly, likes the pictures Yoona takes of her - she is seemingly the only person to ever be able to capture Juhyun looking relaxed.

She also loves how Yoona never pressures her into doing anything she doesn't want to.

All said, Yoona is caring, funny, and so beautiful. 

Sometimes Juhyun marvels at how at ease she keeps finding herself around Yoona. It is a rare thing for her to never feel out of place, especially now as Juhyun treads early adulthood. But now she finds that it's become hard not to feel at ease with Yoona, especially when she laces their fingers together with ease and looks at her with this nigh goofy smile that makes Juhyun flush more often than not.

Becase of Yoona, Juhyun often feels like a schoolgirl with a crush - or what she supposes that would be like, given she herself has never been one before. She reckons she might truly have become one now however, given how hard she catches herself smiling at a terrible drawing of a kissy cat she finds in her study journal, simply signed "- girlfriend".

**

Yuri is intoxicating.

Juhyun truly does not know why or how she's ever reached this conclusion, but the evidence all points to it being true.

She believes Yuri wears her confidence like an armor - albeit whenever she shoots a smile Juhyun's way it feels more like a weapon. Whenever that happens, Juhyun tries not to squirm in discomfort. If she did, Yuri would probably notice.

She still remembers the comments she's heard from Jessica about Yuri - comments which she desperately had not wanted to hear, because they were about things that are meant to be private- Of course Juhyun couldn't win, no matter how little she wanted to know about the ways in which Yuri grew into the reputation she has around their friends circle, so she'd had to just sit there pretending both not to hear a word nor blush.

Still, she must admit: it bothers her how Yuri always seems to find something extremely amusing whenever they're talking. It's this smirk that seems permanently plastered to Yuir's lips: like she knows something Juhyun doesn't, or is at least trying to convince her she does. No matter if Juhyun fidgets, bothered, her gaze always remains heavy and unwavering.

Of course that would bug Juhyun. Of course it would bewilder her.

If it were anyone else other than her girlfriend's roommate, Juhyun would have long since kept her distance from Yuri. It'd be quite simple to brush her off as a girl that walks around feeling too high off of her (appparently numerous) conquests; a girl who doesn't care whether she is bothersome to others with her manners, and who is therefore not deserving of Juhyun's.

But of course, Yuri is Yoona's roommate and friend. That is one thing. The other is that Yuri is still the same girl who had first helped Juhyun find her way around the college campus as her senior.

It had been a long time ago, but Juhyun still remembers that Yuri: the one who had promised to fetch her after all of her classes for a week to show her around. The one who had seemed unperturbed by Juhyun's awkwardness around an upperclassman, and who had been consistently sweet and unassuming unlike any time since.

Those two versions of Yuri are, of course, a bizarre contrast to Juhyun. She doesn't understand how they can be the same person, yet evidently they are.

Because of Yuri, Juhyun often feels uncomfortable. She finds herself constantly having to break their gazes because Yuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter