the one where it all starts and ends.

untitled.

When I was a child, I’ve always dreamed about experiencing the idea of love.

 

 The idea of love where you watch your favorite movie with the person you want to grow old with, sitting on a couch not giving a damn care about the world as long as you're together. 

 

The idea of love where you talk all night under the bright moonlight, reminiscing the moments and memories you’ve shared together throughout the years of being side by side and waiting as the sun rises up. 

 

The idea of love where you walk on the beach, hands held tightly together, enjoying the comforting silence and also the presence of the person beside you. 

 

To be honest, I’ve already experienced all of those. I’ve experienced all of those through my teenage years. 

 

We were happy. I felt beyond happy when I was with Rei. She fulfilled my dreams for me. She was the best person on earth. She loved me. 

 

I thought that love is fulfilling, happiness, and contentment but experiencing love with Rei it wasn’t. There was also pain, exasperation, you name all the negative words out there, that can define love. But Rei helped me realize that love is also a decision. A daily decision, in fact. A daily decision where we either choose to stay the rest of the day with them or not. 

 

However, I only liked the idea of love and I was just holding on to the love she could give. And I realized that being loved by Rei has made me feel that I’m worthy of being loved. 

 

She was not only just a realization but also a stranger I’ve shared memories with. 

 

And if I were given the chance to rewrite our story, I wouldn't. Stories are always meant to have sad endings anyways. And if it has a happy ending, it is not, it is just to be continued.