Day 1 of 365.

Day 1 of 365 days with you.

Hello! Happy New Year everyone!

 

Dear readers, before you start reading, I would like to address the following:
 
First of all, I apologize if there are any inaccuracies with the collab stages since I wrote this way before the collab stages were revealed. Second, there might be errors as you go along since I wasn't able to properly proofread this. Hoping for your kind consideration. Lastly, please do be reminded that everything written here is purely fictional. 
 
That's all! I hope y'all have a blast while reading. 
 
Again, Happy New Year!
 
-12

 


 

"Guys hurry up please. You're all required to be there in about an hour because of preparations. Come on, move along now, we don't want to get you guys late." Their Manager says as she waits for the group in the living room.Just then, An Yujin, the group's leader, went out of her room. "Ah, thank God you're done, Yujin-ah. Gather them up, will you? And please hurry. I'll wait for you guys in the car."

 

"Will do, unnie." The Manager nodded and left shortly. Yujin then went to knock on each of her members' door to speed their pace. "Yorobuncome on, we need to go now."

 

"Gaeul-ssi, Rei-ssi, Wonyoung-ssi, Jiwon-ssi, Hyunseo-ssi, we need to go!" The members slowly stumbled on their way out of their individual rooms and gathered at the living room where their leader is waiting. 

 

"We're ready." Jiwon, most commonly known as Liz, announced.

 

"Oh? Where's Hyunseo?" She asks the moment she noticed the maknae still wasn't there.

 

"Probably still in her room, unnie." Rei answered, to which Yujin answered with a simple nod, "Okay, you guys go to the van first, Manager Unnie is waiting there. I'll just go and get Hyunseo." She turned to the oldest among the six of them, "Gaeul unnie, please assist them."

 

"Sure thing, Yujin." The older agreed. "Come along girls."

 

When the other members were out, Yujin then made her way inside the maknae's room to check what was going on. "Hyunseo-ah, can unnie come in?"

 

"Yes, unnie."

 

She went inside and found the maknae sitting there, something clearly bothering here. "Hey, what's wrong? Everything okay? We need to be in the venue in about an hour or so."

 

"Nothing's wrong, unnie. I'm sorry for making you guys wait. Come on, let's go." Leeseo tried to masked the sadness she was feeling but Yujin was able too see through that mask.

 

"No, something is wrong, I can feel it. Come on, you can tell unnie anything."

 

The younger sighed, "Nothing much. It's just that, it's New Years Day tomorrow and I can't be with my family for the first time. I'm just not used to it yet. I'm sorry."

 

She gently caressed the maknae's back, reassuring her that what she's feeling right now is valid, and that Yujin understands. "Hey, don't say sorry for it okay? It's normal for you to feel that way. Don't worry, I overheard earlier that this is our last schedule for the year, after that, I'll drop you home to your house so you could spend time with your family. How does that sound?" Yujin smiled at her, making Leeseo beam and hug her.

 

"Thank you so much, unnie! You're the best."

 

"Anything for our precious maknae." She ruffled her hair and stood up, "Now come on, let's go."

 

The duo went to the parking lot where their van was waiting and they all went to where the venue of the MBC Gayo Daejejeon 2021.

 

The group was overwhelmed to be part of this year's lineup together with other amazing artists from the industry. It was even more overwhelming since this event is gonna be a year end kinda event, so there's gonna be a countdown at the very end where everyone gathers around. And by the time the clock hits 12, Yujin will finally hit adulthood. It frightens her since it means more and more challenges will come now that she's turned into an adult, but nevertheless, the excitement still overpowers that frightened feeling she has. She's excited because first of all, she can now have her license and buy her own car just like what her and her parents made a deal of. Second is that she can finally enjoy a drink together with her Yena ans Eunbi unnie. And most importantly, the reason why she's excited is because she'll be able to spend her first day of adulthood with her precious members, and with her. Yujin's most favorite person in the world.

 

Although she's kinda guilty since she's been acting cold to her on the phone earlier. But fear not everyone, she has a plan. A plan that she thought of the night before. A perfect plan, to start the year. And Yujin hopes she's gonna love it. She's hoping the romantic side of her will not fail her on this one.

 

I can't wait to see her.

 

When they arrived at the venue, they proceeded to their dressing room immediately for them to start their preparations. Once they were done, they were instructed to do a stage rehearsal with their title track and debut song, Eleven, together with the dance break and cool stages they will be performing. 

 

After their group rehearsals, Yujin was only given a few minutes to monitor it since she had stage rehearsals for her collab performance with Aespa's Winter, ITZY'S Ryujin, (G)I-DLE's Soyeon, Red Velvet's Seulgi, Mamamoo's Moonbyul, and STAYC's Sumin where they will be performing BOOM by NCT Dream. It was a though and challenging song to practice, especially  given they were only given 3 days to do so, but thankfully they all made it work. Practice was fun, especially because they had their seniors to cheer them up and never failing to make them smile with their silly little antics and banters with each other. 

 

Yujin was now settled on stage, practicing with 'BoomZ', which is what they call this unit performance of theirs. Seulgi was in front, monitoring their formation and guiding everyone to make sure no one gets lost or nothing bad happens while performing.

 

"Yujin-ssi." Seulgi called out for her.

 

"Yes, sunbaenim?" 

 

"Move forward a little." She nodded and did what was told and Seulgi proceeded to fix the last remaining details before she settled on her own spot. "Okay let's do this. Music cue!"

 

-

 

When the rehearsals where finished, they went back to their waiting rooms where it was announced that the live broadcast would be starting any moment now and that they should prepare. Yujin checked up on her members to see if they were all doing fine, and thankfully they are. The broadcast started with the MC's, SF9's Chani, Kang Mina, and Stray Kids' Hyunjin welcoming them.

 

Time moved fast and many groups and unit stages have already performed, now they're waiting for Wonyoung and Rei to perform along with Red Velvet's Joy and Yeri, Mamamoo's Wheein, and ITZY's Lia. When they appeared for their backstage interview, IVE's waiting room became loud as they were cheering for two of their members.

 

"Yeri sunbaenim, would you please tell us the concept for your unit stage?" NCT's Jungwoo, one of the MC's of Show! Music Core and an MC for their backstage interviews asked with a smile.

 

"Ah yes." The senior smiled as well. "Our unit's concept is a fun and refreshing concept, a nice way to finish off this year." The other members of the unit nodded at the statement.

 

"Woah. That's amazing." Stray Kids' Lee Know remarked.

 

"Yes it is, Lee Know-ssi." There she is, the girl Yujin have been wanting to see since earlier. "Next, uri Wonyoungie, can you please tell us the name of your unit?" Kim Minju said with her indian dimples showing off, and Yujin just can't help but melt.

 

"Yes." Wonyoung smiled back, "Our unit is called BbangBbang 신선한 due to our overloading amount of freshness that will surely make everyone smile."

 

"It sure made me smile~" Minju commented making the others chuckle. The MC's went to continue interviewing the other members of the unit before they introduced the next performance.

 

"Here's a cool and awesome performance by Astro to kick start your year! Ready, start!"

 

-

 

Wonyoung and Rei had just finished their unit performance and are now getting ready for their group's performance. Backstage while waiting for their turn, Wonyoung couldn't help but question their leader.

 

"Unnie, is something wrong with you and Minju unnie? I saw her on the hallway outside her waiting room and we kinda talked a bit, she even congratulated me on the unit performance earlier. I asked if she's seen you but her aura suddenly changed at the mention of your name."

 

"It's nothing, Wonyoung-ah." She reassures the younger, which seemingly doesn't work.

 

"Oh come on Unnie don't lie to me." Wonyoung rolls her eyes as Yujin sighs.

 

"Fine. I kinda acted cold to her on the phone earlier."

 

Wonyoung widens her eyes. "You what?!"

 

"Chillax, I did that on purpose."

 

"You acted cold to Minju Unnie on purpose?! And I'm supposed to "chillax" after knowing that information?"

 

"I have a plan, okay. After the event..."

 

She told Wonyoung her brief plan that got the younger gushing in excitement until they were told to standby.

 

-

 

Once IVE was done performing, Yujin prepared for their unit stage performance that will happen after Stray Kids' and NCT 127's performance. Currently, BoomZ is doing a backstage interview with Show! Music Core's MC trio.

 

"Ne, please introduce yourselves." 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo we are," Seulgi started off.

 

"BoomZ-imnida!"

 

"Woah! The charisma of this group is overflowing." Jungwoo beamed to which the other two agreed.

 

"You said it right, Jungwoo-ssi." Minju stated off. "Seulgi sunbaenim, can you please tell us all about your performance?"

 

"Ah, ne. We'll be performing BOOM by my precious NCT Dream hoobae-deuls. It was a hard and impactful song to perform with but thankfully the 7 of us were able to manage it very well. Right, squad?" She asked with a smile and the other 6 answered with a teasing "Yes".

 

"Omo, this unit is truly exciting."

 

"Yes, so I hope everyone is prepared for this special performance of ours." Moonbyul agreed. "Also, uri Yujin-ssi here is welcoming adulthood in just moments from now so we really want to make this memorable for everyone."

 

"Yes, Yujin-ssi, what are you looking forward to on officially becoming an adult?" Minju asked in the most professional way possible.

 

Oh well, guess my plan's gonna have to face a little challenge since she seems upset. 

 

"A lot actually. But I'm mostly looking forward to welcoming it with my members and with other talented artists here today." Yujin smiled.

 

The interview wrapped up and they proceeded to the backstage because they were on next. 

 

When NCT 127 finished performing, BoomZ positioned themselves on the stage as the lights turned off, ready to start their performance.

 

The song started off with Ryujin and Winter's cool opening and was followed by Seulgi opening the first line of the song.

 

When they reached the chorus, that's when Yujin started to come up front for her part. And I'm telling you, the crowd were all losing it still.

 

-

 

As they were nearly finished with their performance, the dance break came with Seulgi at the center with the other six lined up on each sides.

 

When they finished, since too much shouting wasn't allowed, they were waving their lightsticks frantically, lowkey letting the performers know that they are squealing and are happy with their performance.

 

The performance ended with everyone congratulating each other backstage, Seulgi and Moonbyul even promising to buy them food to celebrate their successful performance.

 

Yujin went back to their waiting room happily and contented with their performance that had just finished. But before coming in, she spotted a specific shorty coming to her direction in seemingly new changed clothes.

 

"I'm still upset at you for acting cold towards me but I wanted to congratulate you on your performance. You were cool back there."

 

She smiled, "Why thank you, Kim Minju-ssi."

 

"Stop smiling like that, it makes me want to punch your shoulder."

 

"You're really aggressive when you're flustered huh?"

 

Shorty, I mean Minju, rolled her eyes at the comment. "Whatever."

 

"So you're performing next?"

 

"Yeah, in a few."

 

"Well then, good luck. I'll be cheering for you in our waiting room." the younger, but taller, placed a kiss on her temple that instantly put a smile on Minju's face.

 

"Thank you." she muttered with a happy smile but quickly changed into a cute but serious one, "But I'm still upset."

 

Yujin giggled wholeheartedly, "Arasseo, arasseo, I'll make it up to you."

 

"How?"

 

"That's for you to find out later, Miss Kim." she grinned, "Now go, you might be needed there already."

 

Minju gave her a kiss on her cheeks before walking away, on her way to the backstage. Yujin smiled and finally went inside and was greeted by her members.

 

"Unnie! You were amazing out there!" Rei welcomed her with a compliment.

 

"Yeah, unnie!" Leeseo agreed. "You were like 'We got that Boom boom boom boom boom' She said and even imitated Yujin earlier.

 

The others soon followed Leeseo on imitating their leader which made Yujin laugh out loud. They were now all laughing out loud at their silly antics but stopped when Minju's performance started showing on screen.

 

"Oh look unnie, it's your girl performing." Liz said teasingly.

 

"Omg, omg, omg, it's Minju Unnie's turn!" Wonyoung squealed out loud. "I better take a video of this and sent it to the other Unnies."

 

Just then, the song started playing with (G)-IDLE's Miyeon shown on screen. Minju is doing a unit stage with Miyeon, ITZY's Yeji and Chaeryeong, and Mamamoo's Solar.

 

Yujin, just like everybody else in the room, started cheering for her girl as loud as she can. 

 

-

 

When all performances were finished, every artists present were gathered in the stage for the countdown. Yujin really has high hopes that whatever she's plotting is gonna become a success. After all, this day has been nothing but great. Wonyoung and Rei were able to successfully finish their unit stage, Liz was able to have a performance with Red Velvet's Wendy, Gaeul was able to perform with Red Velvet's Irene, Aespa Giselle and Karina and Mamamoo's Hwasa, while Leeseo was able to perform with other girl group maknaes. Yujin, as a leader, is beyond proud of each and every single one of her member's achievements. And now, Yujin's hoping she can pull off this, this last achievement of hers before the year ends.

 

As the three MC's were sharing their thoughts up front, Yujin scanned the back to search for Minju among the sea of artists, and thankfully she did. She was about to go there when Wonyoung stopped her.

 

"Unnie, it's time for Hyunseo's curfew." She reminded the older.

 

"Oh that's right." She turned to their maknae. "Come on, I'll drop you to the car." 

 

However, the younger quickly declined her offer, "It's okay Unnie, I can manage. Besides, aren't you gonna find Minju unnie?"

 

"I do. But as your unnie and your leader, it's my responsibility to do this." Yujin insisted.

 

"Don't worry Yujin-ah, I'll drop her off." Gaeul offered.

 

"Works for me!" Leeseo exclaimed. "We'll get going now, Gaeul unnie will be back quick. Yujin unnie, we're expecting you to do something romantic before the year ends."

 

Yujin smiled and nodded at their maknae before Gaeul and her left. She faced the other members who were now giving her a teasing look.

 

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Wonyoung asked with brows raised into a teasing form.

 

"Ah yeah, will you guys be okay here?"

 

"Chill unnie, we'll go there but keep our distance."

 

"Works for me."

 

The three went to the back and talked to a few artists that were also there while Yujin was out approaching Minju who was talking to Yeji.

 

"Hey." She greeted the older with a smile and then turned towards Yeji, "Hello, Sunbaenim."

 

"Hello, Yujin-ssi." Yeji smiled back and greeted her as well. "Well Minju-ah I gotta go know, Yuna's probably jumping around now."

 

"Sure thing unnie." Minju smiled at the older.

 

"I'll go. And Yujin-ssi, congratulations." 

 

"Thank you, Sunbaenim. Please congratulate Yuna for me as well."

 

ITZY's Leader gave an okay sign before disappearing into the view and went to her own group.

 

Minju then quickly turned her back at Yujin, making the younger pout.

 

"Hey, are you still upset?" She asked yet got no response from the older. 

 

"Hey."

 

"Hey."

 

"Minmin~"

 

"Hey."

 

"Hey unnie, Minju unnie." 

 

Now that, that is what caught Minju's attention.

 

"Unnie?" She asks in disbelief. "You were acting cold to me earlier and now you're calling me "Unnie"? What's wrong with you today?" She snarled.

 

"Nothing." She smiled, "And I'm sorry for how I acted earlier, Jagiya." Yujin softly said, which put a blush on Minju's face.

 

"S-Stop with that, An Yujin." Minju said as she looked anywhere but at Yujin's smiling face.

 

"You know you're being too cute right now, I want to hug you but I'm afraid I'll get caught."

 

Minju shook her head at the comment and poked the bridge of Yujin's nose when no one was watching, an action that Yujin wasn't able to handle well because of it's cuteness.

 

So with that being said, she grabbed the older's free hand and intertwined it with hers, placing it on the pocket of her coat.

 

"Now, now, where did you learn this move huh?" The older asks suspiciously.

 

"Nowhere, it's just within me." Yujin confidently said and sent a wink towards the Minju, making the older giggle.

 

"If you say so, Miss An." She replied. "So, what are your plans for adulthood?"

 

"Get a car, of course."

 

"Ah, yes. The deal with your parents, I remember."

 

"But that's not all though, I have other plans."

 

"And what is that?"

 

"Like I told you earlier, it's for you to find out." She shrugged.

 

When the MC's announced that it was only a few minutes away from New Year, they started the countdown with everybody on stage hyped up.

 

"Ju-ah, got any plans this year?"

 

"Yes, a lot actually. Also, I start filming on April. I did tell you right?"

 

"Yeah you did. I'll be cheering for you when that time comes then." It made the older smile widely. "How about you? Any plans?"

 

It was getting harder to hear clearly since the surroundings were getting loud as each minute passed by.

 

"7"

 

"6"

 

"Yeah, I have a lot too. Mostly just rest and spend time with my family." she answered, "But there is one thing I plan on doing all year."

 

"5"

 

"4"

 

"What is that then?"

 

"3"

 

"2"

 

"Spending it with you." Yujin said and smiled at Minju, now looking into her eyes, this act made the older smile as well.

 

"1! Happy New Year!"

 

"Ne! Happy New Year everyone! Welcome, 2022!" 

 

The song played along with the artist singing it and shouting, "Happy New Year" to everyone watching.

 

"Happy New Year, Jagiya." Yujin smiled with her smile reaching her eyes.

 

"Happy New Year, Yudings." Minju said and gave her a quick peck on the side of her lips in the dark while the fireworks were now displaying in the sky.

 

"Minju.." Clearly Yujin was taken aback by the sudden action. But nevertheless, she pulled the older to the side, almost outside the stage and hugged her tight. "I'm happy I got to welcome to this new journey of mine with you, my most favorite person in the world."

 

Minju hugged back, equally as tight as Yujin's hug and rested her head on the taller's chest, "And you're mine."

 

They went back to their stage with Yujin bringing Minju to where her members are. Wonyoung was happy and stood beside her Minju unnie, happily talking to her. 

 

She smiled and sang along to the song, once again grabbing the older's hand secretly and intertwining it with hers, placing it inside her coat's pocket.

 

-

 

And what was Yujin's plan you may ask? Nothing much really. Just a simple late night ice cream/walk on the park date after going to Han River, something Minju was eager to do ever since they started dating. And did it work, you may I ask? Well it did. It worked big time. Let's just say that Yujin was happy she got to spend her first day of being an adult like this, with artist she adores, her precious members, and Kim Minju, her most favorite person in the world. She's more than happy and contented. And to top all of that, she even scored herself a date with Minju tomorrow. So far, she feels that this year is gonna be good.

 

Day 1 of 365 days with Kim Min Ju.