~fin

Here's Another Proposition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul could feel the butterflies in his stomach going into frenzy as he exited the elevator and started walking on the corridor leading to his destination. He just came from the restroom at ground floor but his nerves are urging him to once again visit the nearest restroom.


He took a quick deep breath and cheered himself internally as he brushed through the crowd  outside the events hall. Calming himself a bit, he scanned the surroundings to look for a familiar face. Relief washed over him as soon as he heard a very familiar voice.

"Heechul-ah!"

Heechul immediately turned towards the direction of the voice but as soon as he did, a wave of different emotions washed through him.
Standing at the center of an decorated greeting area is his same-age friend wearing a very formal suit with his mom in her elegant hanbok. They were smiling warmly towards him as he slowly approached them. During that time his mind as well as his heart already turned into a mess. He felt happy seeing them celebrating this lovely occassion but at the same time he felt pain in his heart. 


"It feels awkward meeting you here." Heechul greeted them, trying to his best to hold a proper conversation despite the flurry of emotions inside him. "It feels strange. When will our turn be?" He subconsciously blurted out infront of Leeteuk as he held into the hand of his mother. Leeteuk seemed to have replied to his question but his answer didn't register to him.


Leeteuk's mother also held Heechul's hands tightly, seeing how he looked like a nervous kid. 


As Heechul continued with his attempt at small talk, his mind wandered into the future of him at a similar scene where he congratulates the man before him for his wedding. Just the mere thought of it left a pang in his heart. He quickly ordered himself to get itself together so he quickly took the opportunity to escape when Leeteuk's mom told him where the entrance to the hall is.


"I-I'll go inside first to rehearse Eommeoni." He said as he let go of her hand and tapped Leeteuk's arm to signal him that he'll be going inside now. In all that hazy moment, he finally escaped and went to his place at the lectern near the stage.

 

 

Leeteuk thought that he couldn't get any happier on his sister's wedding day. But seeing Heechul arrive and approach him and his mom made his heart swell with happiness. It means the world to him that Heechul is here with them as they celebrate this very special day. 
They quickly proceeded with the cheerful greetings but knowing Heechul well, he immediately noticed that the man was really nervous. Maybe because he feel pressured as the ceremony MC, he thought to himself. But barely a minute later, Heechul was already excusing himself and Leeteuk knew that this is more than the 'pressures of being the MC'. As his hand brushed through his arm, Leeteuk tried to grab it to pull him aside for a bit but unfortunately he failed in doing so. Instead, he made a mental note to talk to him before the program starts.

 

After the listening to the wedding director as he explained to him how the program flow will be, Heechul turned around to look for a chair to rest on. However, he was surprised to see Leeteuk already waiting for him at the side with a smile of his face.


"You really look stiff. Are you that nervous?" Leeteuk said as he approached him and gently pulled him towards the side of the hall.


"You know I'm not really fond of formal events." Heechul replied, trying his best to be as cheery as possible.


"Don't worry, I know you'll do well" Leeteuk said confidently as his hands started putting a pink rose bouttoniere on Heechul's left lapel. 


"When the next-generation Nation's MC, tells me that, I guess I don't have any choice but be confident right?" Heechul chuckled as he watched his friend fix the flower on his suit lapel. He didn't asked further why he also needed that flower on his chest, the thought of having something that paired with what Leeteuk have already satisfied him.


Leeteuk only chuckled at his reply, "You're overselling me Chul." He then patted his suit and removed imaginary lints as he said, "Thank you for being here with me today Heechul-ah"


"Of course, anything for you, my same-age friend Jungsoo." was all Heechul could reply as held tighter to his emotions.

 


  
Heechul was finally able to relax his nerves but deep inside he was a bit relieved that he was wearing a mask so no one would see him frown behind it, it was a very happy day afterall.


The music finally started and the director finally told him to start the script. He immediately complied and announced the entry of the groom. After that, he announced the entry of the bride. He overheard a while ago that Leeteuk agreed with his sister's wish to walk her in the aisle so he was already expecting it. But what Heechul didn't expect was the beautiful scene that it would paint. He felt like crying as soon as he saw Leeteuk appear at the end of the aisle holding his sister's hands. As the siblings started their march, Heechul tried his best to control his tears. He was sincerely happy to see the two siblings walk together, knowing them for years, he knew that getting to this moment was not easy so they deserve every bit of happiness that they are currently feeling.


As the siblings was halfway through the aisle, Heechul's eyes met with Leeteuk's for a second, his shy smile reflected on it. As this point, Heechul was sent back by his mind to the earlier thought of the possible future. This time, he imagined that Leeteuk was finally walking the aisle with his bride. This thought was so painful that Heechul decided to force shutdown his mind and just focus on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter