fin

joohyun wondered

As a kid Joohyun always wondered how such things work. Like how a simple sharpener can sharpen a pencil, of course she bust it open to find out that it was a blade inside, she got a cut and a nag from her mother. (Knowing hurts sometimes.)

She even wondered how a guitar could make a sound. (But as the same time knowing is beautiful)

 

She wondered,

 

And wondered,

 

Endlessly. It made her brain hurt too much. Maybe, even back then she had that habit of thinking too much. She always wanted to know better, she thinks, it doesn’t hurt to know, she always had that satisfaction when she figures something out.

 

Grown up Joohyun finds herself wondering how can someone be so warm, how can a color reminds you of that someone.

 

She met Seulgi. how can she give Joohyun warmth like no other.

 

How can she touch Joohyun’s heart with a little smile its too much to bear.

 

Joohyun wondered. Is this her “oh moment” ?

 

She read it in almost every book. Its too cliché for Joohyun, and to tell you Joohyun doesn’t like cliché, she doesn’t like it when it already happened. But oh how ironic. She felt like a hypocrite liking everything cliché about Seulgi.

Joohyun is a writer. Joohyun was raised with love from her parents, but despite this. She never believed in anything about romance that she read and wrote. How hypocrite.

 

But as Seulgi approached her, arms wide open, a big grin on her face. Asking for a hug as Christmas comes In a few minutes. How Seulgi plants small kisses on her face anywhere but her lips.

She was proven wrong by Seulgi for not truly believing on the books she read and wrote. She loved it.

 

Joohyun wondered, again. How will she end her book? Does her book ends with Seulgi hugging her tightly, or does it end with Seulgi finally planting a soft, tender and pure kiss on her lips

“Merry Christmas. I love you.”

as their phone beeps with notifications saying “Merry Christmas” from friends and family.

 

 

 

At last, Joohyun finished her book with the lines “August felt contended she doesn’t feel butterflies around Fischl, but she feel calm and collected. And I think that’s more beautiful and comforting.”

And there, joohyun had stopped wondering, as she let things be, because just like the last lines from her book; “more beautiful and comforting” is what she feel around Kang Seulgi.