you’ve only got one chance

kiss her you fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

picking your crush up from her house to take her out on a date, that's terrifying, especially when you run into her parents and they tease you endlessly, saying how you need to bring her home before eleven. she brushes them off, apologizes to you, saying about how they're just very protective of her, but still. it's terrifying. when she climbs into your car, the whole thing immediately smells like her. 

 

she's enchanting, you think. 

 

buying tickets to watch a movie that she really wants to see and sitting beside her in a theater, that's terrifying too. especially when her hand brushes against yours against the handrest and you swear that your whole body turned rigid the moment it happened. she smiles at you, and you're glad it's dark and she wasn't able to see your face being red all over. and the butterflies in your stomach, oh my god, when she takes your hand and intertwines her fingers with yours, thumb brushing against your skin. you felt like fainting on the spot. 

 

conversing with her during dinner was also terrifying. you couldn't function properly with how beautiful she was under the warm lights of the restaurant, it felt like you were talking to an angel. and with everyone staring at her the whole night, you feel like the luckiest person in the world. because a girl this pretty, this smart, and this funny, said yes to going on a date with you? you almost couldn't believe it. every time she runs her fingers through her hair or smiles at you in the most attractive way, you feel like dying. 

 

she's wearing a pretty white dress and her hair is in a half ponytail, lips a glossy pink and there's a cute mole just below her eyes. you don't blame people for looking at her. 

 

she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen in your life. 

 

walking with her was amazing. you gathered enough courage to lend her your jacket because you could feel her shivering beside you. she hugs it closer to herself, and from the corner of your eye, you could see her sniffing the cuff. it drives you crazy. she drives you crazy. she catches you noticing and you both burst into laughter, not caring about the people staring at you curiously. all that matters is the girl beside you, who hugs your arm tightly against herself, laughing so softly in your ear as you tell her the corniest stories ever. 

 

holy , i am so in love with this girl. 

 

you walked for a while. gradually, you loosened up and you press yourself closer to her, and she seems to like it. you're starting to get a bit fond of her scent. you could drown in it forever and you wouldn't even be mad about it. somehow, her hand ends up in yours and as much as you think it's a cliche, her fingers feel like it was made for yours. but all the cliches in the world will never describe the feeling you get when she's close to you, when you look at her, when she talks, whatever it is that she does. 

 

you laugh because never in your life would you have thought that a girl could make you go this crazy for her. 

 

she's amazing. she's everything you've ever wanted and more. even the simplest things she does makes your heart flutter so much that you're worried that it might burst out of your chest. she's just so, so beautiful. 

 

especially now that you're driving her home, and she has the window rolled down, and her hair is flying gracefully. the songs in your radio make the moment even more romantic. you stare at her at a red light, and she stares right back. a soft smile on her face. 

 

you reach her house, and you open the car door for her. you both walk silently towards her porch, the house dark and quiet. her parents must be sleeping already. there's a sudden rush of shyness that floods over your system, and you avoid her eyes. neither of you are saying or doing anything, waiting for the other to initiate first. 

 

it. 

 

you look up, and she's already staring at you, almost as if she's waiting for you... to what, exactly?

 

"so..." you say, your voice trailing off. you twist the heel of your shoe back and forth. "i had a really great time." you smile, the thought of your date earlier making you giddy. 

 

"so did i," she replies, stuffing her hands inside the pocket of your varsity jacket. she really looks good with it, especially because of the fact that your surname AHN is written on the back in bright, bold letters. "thank you for tonight, yuj. i... i haven't been on a date this fun in a long time."

 

that makes your chest swell with pride. "you deserve the best." she rolls her eyes playfully and hits you on the shoulder. "is there a chance that this could happen again?" you ask with a hopeful tone in your voice. 

 

she bites her lip, and it takes everything in you not to press her against the front door and kiss her senselessly. oh my god. the whole night, you've been trying so hard not to think about kissing her, and now that you just did, it's all you can think about. especially when her lips look so tempting like that, all soft and pink and—

 

something tells you she's noticed because when you look back up her eyes, there's a playful glint. "maybe," she says, and you open your mouth to protest, but she interrupts you before you can say anything. "but you have to ask me properly first."

 

you chuckle. "fair enough." she laughs and you fall in love all over again. "jang wonyoung, would you like to go on another date with me? you know, since you think that i'm the best date you've ever had and all..."

 

you take her hand and squeeze it gently, and she seems to be fine with it so you don't let go. 

 

she scoffs, playing with your fingers and it makes the butterflies in your stomach flutter like crazy. "yes, i'll go on another date with you," she says so softly that you wouldn't have heard it if you weren't paying attention. 

 

your heart skips a beat and everything seems to be ten times lighter. 

 

"that's... that's awesome. is tomorrow good with you?" 

 

"yup. i'll free all day."

 

"same time?"

 

"same time."

 

"great. i'm already looking forward."

 

"me too."

 

"you actually look so good in my jacket," you murmur, eyeing the said piece of clothing hanging on her frame. "you should keep it."

 

the smile on her face brightens and you're convinced you don't need the sun because you've already got one right beside you. "i was planning to steal it," she confesses. "but now that i've actually got your permission to keep it, i'm not giving it back. it's mine."

 

"i'm okay with that."

 

the two of you fall into comfortable silence. she's still playing with your fingers and you can feel he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter