1/1.

games and books (and maybe hugs and kisses in between)

“babe!” my girlfriend shouted in the living room. 

 

I diverted my attention from the book I’m currently reading for my exams next week. I went to the living room to see my girlfriend sitting on the floor with her legs crossed and her game controller on her lap. She is so focused on whatever game she’s playing. 

 

“Why? Do you need anything?” I asked whilst walking to her. 

 

She paused her game to look up to me. I saw her puppy-like smile when her eyes landed on mine. Her dimples showed on both of her cheeks. 

 

“Let’s play, babe! I’m so tired of playing alone.” She whined while getting up to put her arms around my body. 

 

I only laughed at her antics and hugged her back. 

 

“I already told you that I have to study, babe. And didn’t I also remind you to study too?” I asked with an as-matter-of-fact tone. 

 

“But the exams are for next week, baby. We can just study over the weekend.” She stated, trying to convince me. 

 

“Just one game, wonyoung and I’ll leave you alone.” She showed me a cheeky smile and raised her pointer finger to express her ‘one game’. 

 

I was contemplating on her agreement whether I should agree or not. Then, an idea popped into my head. 

 

“Okay, how about this? We’ll study first and we’ll finish until I say so—” my voice emphasizing those last 4 words,

 

“But—” 

 

“Then we can play whatever game you want.” I cutted her off. 

 

I mean that’s a fair deal, right?

 

“Alright, Deal.” She said while fixing her PS4, putting it aside. 

 

Yujin helped me fix my things and put them in the living room. She carried my most prized possession (or more like most used possession); my study table. 

 

I went to the table that is now in front of the TV in our living room. I put all the markers, pen, pencils, and papers needed for our study night. 

 

We finally sat down on the chair face to face. Her showing her back on the TV. 

 

She picked up her iPad and Math notebook. I only chuckled. 

 

“You really are going to study Math tonight?” I asked, amused. 

 

“What? I’m good at Math” she said smugly. 



 

“Hey, babe. Do you want coffee?” The tall girl asked in front of me. 

 

“Yes, please. I love you” I stated tenderly. 

 

“I love you more” she said before getting up to make coffee in our kitchen. 

 

Even before we became official, study dates with coffee have always been our thing. We were the best of friends before we confessed to each other. Hence, we know exactly each other’s likes and dislikes and of them is coffee. 

 

Yujin would always go for the Iced Americano with a packet of sugar. And for me, an Iced Soy Caramel Macchiato will make my day better. 


 

After finishing our coffee, I noticed that the girl in front of me is getting bored already. 

 

“Hey, are you getting bored already?” I asked. 

 

She sat up straight and held her book firmly. 

 

“No, not at all,” She said while giving me a smile. 

 

I stood up and went behind her. I looped my arms around her shoulders and gave a peck on the crown of her head. She held my crossed arms and leaned in to the touch. 

 

She closed her eyes and I could clearly tell that she was satisfied with our close proximity. 

 

“Let’s play already” I said with a soothing voice. 

 

“Are you sure? I can wait for more hours. I think you aren’t done yet with whatever you’re reading.” 

 

“It’s science, babe” I chuckled. 

 

“Besides, I want to let loose. I’m getting stressed over this stupid subject.” I continued while rolling my eyes. 

 

She unhooked my arms and stood up. Her eyes were sparkling and hugged me. 

 

I leaned into her shoulder and closed my eyes. I swear late night hugs with this girl in front of me is the best feeling ever. 

 

We were just hugging and swaying our bodies to nonexistent music. Her presence alone already calms me to sleep. 

 

We were in that position for a good old 10 minutes when I slightly pushed her shoulder. 

 

“I thought we were going to play games” I said groggily. 

 

“ games, I want to hug my princess all night.” She said while still swaying our bodies. She was now humming an unknown song. 

 

I only laughed at her remark. 

 

“No, kidding aside, we should now play games. It’s getting late already, we don’t want to finish late as well” I stated, gathering all my energy just to get away from that calming presence called Yujin. 

 

She only pulled me to hug me again and put her hands around my cheeks to face her. 

 

“And I already told you, I want to hug my princess all night.” She said lovingly. 

 

You’re such a charmer. 

 

With that, we spent our night cuddled together on the couch getting ready to face another day with each other.