and at last I see the lights.

A Tangled Dream

"Yuding-ah. Come on. Let's watch please~" Kim Minju whined as she kept pulling Ahn Yujin's arm, leading her to her room.

 

"Minju, we've watched that movie a billion times now, why do you need to watch it again?"

 

"Because I want to. And because it's my favorite movie. So come on, Yudings, come watch with me." the shorter girl whined even more, leaving Yujin no choice but to agree with her request.

 

"Fine." she said, defeated.

 

"Yay!" Minju rejoiced ang hugged the taller's arm, "And since you're kind enough to watch it with me, I'm giving you a pack of my favorite gummies as a thank you."

 

Yujin looked at her questioningly, "By give do you mean you're just gonna let me hold it and swat my hand away when I try to get a piece?" 

 

"Hey! I give you some!" the shorter exclaimed and pouted.

 

"Sure, whatever you say Ju." Yujin chuckles and pulls Minju to her room.

 

"You can sit, I'll set this thing up." Yujin said and slowly guided Minju to go and sit on the bed.

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yeah, I'm used to it."

 

Once the projector was all set up, the movie, Tangled,  immediately started and she quickly made her way on the bed, sitting beside Minju. The two shared the blanket just like what they always do.

 

Now, Minju's head was placed on Yujin's shoulders as they were watching the movie and Yujin kept feeding her gummies while she makes comments about every scene like it's her first time watching it.

 

However, Minju straightened up her posture and removed her head on the taller's shoulder as her favorite scene was coming up.

 

"Silence in the room please, the magical part of the movie is coming." 

 

And then there it was seen on the projector. The scene where Rapunzel and Eugene were on a boat and was surrounded by floating lanterns that made the scene twice as magical as it already is.

 

"I want to see floating lights too~" Minju whined.

 

"Isn't there a Tangled event in Daejeon? You mentioned it last year, didn't you? Why don't you go."

 

"I want to! And I've asked Mom about it, but she told me I can't because it's on my birthday and you know the tradition."

 

"Right. Well maybe this year could be an exception since you're turning 25."

 

"That's a bit impossible. But oh how I wish." the shorter girl's attention was back on the movie while Yujin suddenly thought of an idea.

 

Hmm. We can do something about that.

 

"It's here! It's here!" Minju excitedly exclaimed when Eugene and Rapunzel appeared on the screen. 

 

Minju was now gushing when the scene where Eugene looked at Rapunzel while the blonde girl was admiring the colorful lanterns floating in the sky.

 

It's funny because right now, Minju was busy admiring the movie and Yujin was looking at her with a wide smile on her face. When the two started singing, Minju was gushing even more.

 

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in

 

All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been

 

"OMG! This scene is literally so magical. Don't you think so, Yudings?" Minju asked the taller and faced her only to see Yujin already looking at her.

 

"Hello? Yudings? Earth to Ahn Yujin?" Yujin snapped out and turned her attention to the screen.

 

"A-Ah? Y-Yeah. It is." 

 

Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

 

The chorus came and Minju finds herself singing along to the whole chorus perfectly.

 

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new

 

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

 

"Gosh I really love this song!" 

 

Yujin then looks at her, "You don't say."

 

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were

 

"Yujin, Yujin, sing the next line. Quick."

 

"Ju, I don't know the lyrics to this,"

 

Minju gave her arn a light pinch. 

 

"Ouch?"

 

"Stop lying! Like you said, we've watched this a million times. It's impossible you don't know the lyrics to this."

 

"Fine, let's say you're right. But I don't really want to."

 

"Ah Yuding-ah~" the shorter one whined once more. 

 

"Nope nope. Maybe next time."

 

"You promise that!"

 

They put their attention back on the movie as the next part of the song came.

 

Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

 

And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

 

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

 

"Get me gummies please." Minju pouted and Yujin quickly obliged.

 

"Here." she handed Minju the pack but the other girl shooked her head, "Feed me please."

 

"Aigoo. What a baby. Here, say ah." Yujin kept feeding her gummies while watching movie at the same time.

 

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you

 

Now that I see you

 


 

"Minju, he's so totally into you." Yuri gushed as they were watching the football practice at the stadium. Oddly enough, Minju finds herself getting dragged there since Yuri always makes her come whenever she's watching her girlfirend's practice.

 

"He so totally is." Tomi agreed to her words.

 

"And haven't you notice how he always looks at you whenever we're here? He totally likes you." Yuri stated.

 

"Oh come on guys, I bet it's nothing." their other friend Nako said.

 

"Nako's right, it's probably just nothing."

 

The football team had just finished changing and Yena, Yuri's girlfriend and also coach of the football team, made her way to their seats with the guy that the two were gushing about trailing behind her.

 

"Hey." Yena greeted them and gave Yuri a hug.

 

"Nice practice over there guys. Hopefully the team wins this year." Hitomi said and gave Yena's shoulder a pat.

 

"Hope they will. I haven''t been going easy on them since the start of the season."

 

"And you should. They're doing their best you know." Yuri scolded her lightly, making Yena smile, "Okay. I promise I won't."

 

They finally noticed the tall guy trailing behind Yena and gave Minju a teasing nudge.

 

"Yena unnie, mind introducing us to your company over there?" Tomi asked, secretly throwing Minju a teasing smile.

 

"Oh yeah, my bad. This is Na Jaemin. He's our newly appointed Captain since Yeonjun left five months ago."

 

Yena signalled Jaemin to go up front and introduce himself, which he did, shyly.

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jaemin." he gave a light bow and offered her hand for the other girls to shake.

 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yuri."

 

"Hitomi."

 

"Nako."

 

He stopped in front of Minju and shyly offered his hand. Minju smiled in return as she accepts it.

 

"Nice to meet you Jaemin-ssi, I'm Kim Minju."

 

Jaemin's ear was now visibly turning red and Yuri and Hitomi internally because of the sight.

 

"Oh, we're all going to dinner. Jaemin come with us." Yena told him but the captain shyly declined, "Coach I would love to. But I don't wanna bother your dinner."

 

"Nonsense, come with us. You know I don't take no for an answer."

 

"A-Ah y-yes." he lowered his head and the two giggled at the sight.

 

"By the way Minju, where's Yujin? It's surprising that I don't see her with you."

 

"The studio called, I think there's a slight mix up again. She stepped out earlier to fix it. But she'll be back."

 

"Speaking of." Hitomi said looked ahead where Yujin can be seen entering the stadium again looking stressed.

 

"Hey Jin-ah!" Yena went to hug her.

 

"Hey unnie, nice practice by the way."

 

"Thanks kiddo."

 

"So? How is it? Everything settled now?" Yuri asked the taller.

 

"Yeah, nothing that can't be fixed."

 

"That's been happening to often now." Hitomi pointed out.

 

"Most of the staffs are new and are still learning. They'll get better at it one of these days. And besides, Wonyoung and Yuna are there to help out."

 

"Kim Chaewon's really enjoying her month long vacation huh?"

 

"Oh she is. She's been gushing about how great New York is."

 

They all chuckled at the memory of Chaewon trying to make them jealous by sending tons of pics on their kkt.

 

"By the way Yujin, this is Jamein. Our newly appointed team captain."

 

"Oh so that's why I don't see Yeonjun on the field anymore."

 

"Yup, he decided to stop and focus on his self."

 

"Well that's nice. Good for him." she offered her hand to which the Captain accepted, "Ahn Yujin. Nice to meet you."

 

"Na Jaemin. Nice to meet you as well."

 

Yujin went back to standing next to Nako and the shorter was whispering something to her so Yujin lowered her head down to hear it properly.

 

"He's the one I've been telling you about. The one that I think is crushing on Minju."

 

She nodded and straightened her psoture, "I see."

 

They were already making their way out of the stadium and Nako and Yujin were walking together while talking about something.

 

"Are gonna do anything about this?" 

 

"No, why would I?" Nako suddenly hit the back of her head lightly. 

 

"What was that for?" Yujin said and rubbed the back of her head.

 

"Are you being serious right now? You're not gonna do anything about it? You're just gonna let him be close to Minju? And here I am siding with you."

 

"Chill out okay. He's clearly not Minju's type. He doesn't have this Eugene feels in him."

 

"Oh yeah, that's true."

 

"See?"

 

They kept talking about it until they reached the parking space and Minju called out for Yujin.

 

"Yudings, let's go."

 

"Coming!"

 

"Go. Rapunzel awaits." Nako before going with Yuri and Tomi.

 

"Jaemin, here's the address. We'll see you there."

 

"Sure thing Coach. Drive safely."

 

"Yeah, you too."

While on the way to the restaurant, Yujin thought it would be good to strike up a conversation with Minju, and so she did.

 

"So, Ju, what do you think of Jaemin?"

 

"Nah, he's alright. Kinda shy though. But at least he's respectful." Minju answered plainly.

 

"You don't- don't find him attractive? Or anything?"

 

"He's alright. But he's not my type."

 

"Who's your type then?" Yujin asked.

 

"Eugene."

 

"Pardon?" Yujin was taken aback by the answer.

 

"Duh? Eugene from Tangled? People who has similar traits to him. Come on Yudings, I thought you already knew."

 

"Oh yeah, right, right."

 

-,

 

They soon arrived at the restaurant that Yena reserved for them and all went in together. They were lead towards the vip room and when the manager left after leading them to the vip room, Yujin immediately teased Yena.

 

"Wow unnie, what's with the vip room?"

 

"Well you see Yujin, if you have a girlfriend who's also a successful solo artist, then taking preventive measures like this is a must." the older answered proudly.

 

"Okay now." Yujin for the last time before pulling a chair up for Minju to which the shorter muttered a short "Thanks."

 

Yujin sat next to Minju on the other side while the other side was empty. Jaemin then came in and greeted.

 

"Oh Jaemin, you're here already, come sit." Yena scanned around the room and saw the seat beside Minju, "There. Sit beside Minju."

 

Jaemin shyly nodded and sat down next to Minju. 

 

"Jaemim, stop being shy around us. Really. Let loose, kid."

 

"Y-Yes Coach."

 

"And stop adressing me like that, we're outside the field, address me comfortably."

 

"B-But-" Jaemin was cutted off when Yena spoke again.

 

"Really, Jaemin, it's fine."

 

"O-Okay, n-noona."

 

Yena's face beamed, "That's it! Shall we order everyone? My treat."

 

They all cheered when Yena announced that and a waiter came in to get their orders after. While eating, Yujin, who was cooking the meat, kept continously placing meat on Minju's plate, making it full.

 

"Yujin-ah? Aren't you gonna eat?" Hitomi asked.

 

"After this."

 

Yujin then again placed another batched of cooked meat on Minju's plate. "Gomawo Yudings~"

 

Yena gave her a look before talking, "Yujin, I don't have meat also."

 

Yena reached her plate out, expecting that Yujin's gonna give her also but instead the younger just gave her the tongs.

 

"What am I gonna do with this?"

 

"Get it yourself unnie." the younger answered and started eating.

 

Yena scoffed and placed her plate back on the table, "You clearly have your favorites."

 

"Yeah, so I have."

 

"Look at that, she didn't even deny it. Tsk tsk." the older went back to eating her meal.

 

 

Once they were finished, they all decided to go home since it was getting late already. They all bid their goodbyes before going home.

 

When Yujin and Minju arrived at the Kim's, Yujin pulled over to gather her things. Once she did, she turned to the younger, "Wanna sleepover? Mom and Dad aren't going home and my sister's having a sleepover at her friends place."

 

"And your brother?"

 

"Who knows where he is. I think he's on a business trip."

 

"Sure, I'll sleepover."

 

Once they got to changed into much more comfortable clothes and ha already settled in the bed, Minju pointed at the tv in front and Yujin immediately knew what it meant.

 

When the floating lanterns part came in again, Minju switched her attention from the movie and now it's all on Yujin.

 

"Yujin-ah, why do you never sing along this part with me? You always sing to the other songs."

 

"I told you, I..don't know the lyrics to it."

 

She scoffed. "What a liar."

 

Minju turned her focus back on the movie and now it was Yujin's turn to look at her.

 

"M-Min, I have something for you." she says as she takes the white velvet box from her pocket, opening it and showing it to Minju. There it revealed a necklace that had a design similar to the flower in Tangled.

 

"Yujin-ah, it's perfect."

 

"Here, let me put it on you."

 

She turned around so Yujin could easily put it on her. "Do you like it?"

 

"I love it, Yudings."

 

I'm glad you do. I was supposed to give this to you on Christmas but it got delayed so here it is."

 

"This is your birthday gift, right? Or do you have another surprise like everytime."

 

"In fact I do." shee took her phone put and showed something to Minju.

 

"No way?" Minju jolted up from her bed in surprise. "No way?!"

 

"Yes way." the taller giggled and pulled her back down.

 

"You're the best, you're the best, you're the best!" she lunged herself towards Yujin, hugging her.

 

"I am, aren't I?"

 

"Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she exclaims. "How did you manage to convince my parents anyway."

 

"Besides the fact that nobody can say no to me and my wonderful charm, they both thought it would be great for you to celebrate it differently since you are turning 25."

 

"Just like that huh?"

 

"Just like that."

 

Minju hummed and nuzzled her face on Yujin's neck, and that is when the taller felt someone biting it.

 

"Hey."

 

"I'm sorry." she giggled cutely and yawned.

 

"Come on, let's sleep."

 

"But the movie-"

 

"We'll watch it again next time. And besides, it's not like you don't know what'll happen next."

 

"Fine." she muttered and went under the covers, getting ready to sleep while waiting for Yujin to turn off the movie.

 

Once Yujin was settled under the covers with her, she engulfed her in a warm hug and went to dreamland, Yujin following soon after.

 


 

"I can't believe we're actually here!" is the first thing Minju said when they arrived in Daejeon for the Tangled Festival.

 

"Woah, easy there woman, you're gonna drop your bag." the taller said as she catches the luggage that almost fell down.

 

"Oops."

 

"Here, I'll carry that for you."

 

"But you'll have too many to carry."

 

"Hey, it's my luggage too you know so it's only right that I help you carry it." Yujin's way of insisting.

 

It's quite effective really, because now Minju is just watching her carry the luggage and a carry on bag on her other hand. She smiled to herself and quickly snapped a photo of the taller.

 

"Hey, there's a cab. Let's go."

 

They got to their hotel and they were assisted to the suite that Yujin had reserved for them prior to their stay.

 

"That over there is your room and this one over here is mine, just come knocking on my door if you ever need anything."

 

"Eh? I thought we were sharing rooms?"

 

"We're still in the same suite anyway, not that much of a difference if we don't sleep in the same room."

 

MInju sat down on the couch as she drops her bag. "You could've just gotten a regular hotel room, seriously you're spending way too much."

 

"It's okay, hm? It's for your birthday."

 

Minju stood up and grabbed her hand, dragging her outside.

 

"Where are we going? Shouldn't we be resting? The festival is later."

 

"Your idea's too boring, Yudings. Let's go out, we'll be back and have enough time to rest before the festival starts later."

 

"Fine, anything you want birthday girl."

 

-

 

"Yudings wake up, we need to go to the festival." the taller shot her eyes open and stood up. "Shoot are we late?"

 

Minju laughed at her and shook her head, "No, you have enough time to get ready."

 

"Hoo, for a second there I thought we were gonna miss it." she stood up fully, "I'll just get ready."

 

 

When they arrived at the place where the festival will be held, they were given a paper about what'll happen and where and when it will happen.

 

"Oh, so they're playing the movie this year at the same time of the floating lantern boat ride."     

 

"I'm really so excited!"

 

"Come on, let's go explore the kingdom of Corona." Yujin joked and took her hand, dragging her around.

 

-

 

As the movie started playing on the big screen in front, Yujin finds herself getting dragged by Minju towards where the boats are.

 

"Yujin, hurry! It's starting!"

 

"The lamp is heavy okay!"

 

They got in with Yujin paddling the boat, Minju watching the movie in front of her with glistening eyes like it was her first time still.

 

Just like the sual, Minju sang along to the songs in the movie perfectly, like she was one of the characters in it.

 

When her favorite part came up, the one where they're riding a boat with floating lanterns surrounding them, quite frankly it's similar to what's going on right now. Minju held the lantern up and signalled Yujin to stand with her.

 

"Let's release this together." she suggested as they hold on to the bottom part of the lantern, gently letting it go as it made it's way to the sky along with the other lanterns.

 

As they sat back, Minju's favorite song started playing. And, like always, she starts singing along to it. She'll never get tired of doing so.

 

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in

 

All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been

 

She sings along with Rapunzel as she smiles, admiring the movie and the beautiful lights that surrounds her.

 

Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see

 

Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

 

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted

 

And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new

 

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted

 

All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

 

Minju sang with full emotions, even closing her eyes. When she opens them, she finds Yujin giggling at her. "Enjoying there, aren't we, Rapunzel?"

 

"Shut up, Yujin."

 

"Hey, it sounds the same." she hears the brunette snicker.

 

"The next part's coming up, you told me you'll sing along to it next time. Well guess what? It is next time. So sing it, please?" she pouted, "It's my birthday after all, Yudings."

 

The taller just shrugged making Minju sulk, turning her back against her as the next line of the song comes.

 

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur

 

All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were

 

Minju abruptly turned to her when she heard the taller sing the next part, eyes widened in surprise. "Hey! You're finally singing it!" Yujin sent her a dimpled smile as Minju returned the same expression, facing the movie again.

 

Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know

 

She's smiling to the movie as she watches the next scene unfold, totally oblivious of how Yujin's looking at her with a happy and contented smile.

 

Aigoo Kim Minju, you make me look like a lovesick fool.

 

If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

 

And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

 

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

 

Minju turned to her, offering her hand for Yujin to hold as she sits next to the taller, leaning her head on her shoulder.

 

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted

 

All at once everything is different

 

Now that I see you

 

"Now that I see you" Yujin whispers to Minju while the brunette looks up to face her. "Happy birthday, Minju. I like you."

 

"Thank you, Yujin. And I like you too." her indian dimples show as she finds herself smiling at how she and Yujin are leaning their forheads against each other.

 

"Did I ever tell you I've got a thing for brunettes?" Yujin asks with a cheeky smile, memorizing one of Eugene's lines in the movie.

 

Minju laughed lightly at this and reponds with, "No, this would be the first actually."

 

The taller shooks her head and laughs heartily before pulling Minju into a kiss, she could feel Minju smiling through the kiss making her smile as well.

 

Now, Kim Minju could perfectly say she's found a love just like the leads in her favorite Disney movie. And although she doesn't have magical hair, or was trapped in a tower, or have a pet cameleon, or anything like that in general, she's happy that just like Rapunzel, she has her own Eugene,

 

Ahn Yujin.