Hello!

Hello, Joo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday mornings have always been serene. Cold air wafts through the open window accompanied with the sounds of shutter sounds. A hand that robotically changes the films almost as fast as the speed of light. A timer beeping. “Nice! Glad I still have it in me”. Steps thudding against the hardwood floor, eyes scanning the bedroom, going through a couple of bags laid on the bed.


 

Once assured that everything is set and nothing is forgotten, the eyes closed along with a deep breath. An arm levelling shoulder height, stretched forward, one of the cameras in hand. “Hello, Joo! Good morning! Well, it is Sunday today and you know what that means right?” A chuckle escaping the pair of lips in a big grin as if it’s one of the silliest things to say or do on a bright Sunday morning.

 

“Well, today’s adventure will by far be the most exciting thing I have lined up! So uhm the places today hold memories that I hope will forever stay with you. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you stories along the way, okay?” Her eyes caught the figure leaning on the door frame, arms crossed against the chest. And altho she can see the figure smiling, there’s haunting gloom that lingers. It’s inevitable, so she shrugged it off. Her eyes returned to the lens in front of her, “Now! It’s time to start today!” The beaming smile she’s wearing gradually faded to a timid yet serene one as she pressed the button of the camera.


 

“Are you all set?” The figure by the door asked, pulling her weight against the wood and slowly striding towards her. “Taeyeon, I know that look. Will you stop it?” She chimes, knowing exactly how her best friend's mind works. A chuckle once again escaped but this time it’s one that masked uncertainty. “I will be okay, Taeng. I promise. I have everything you asked me to bring, the emergency card is in my wallet, I have the meds with me, all the addresses are saved and named accordingly in my gps. There’s notes all over my things. I’ll be fine.” She muttered facing her best friend hoping these were enough for assurance. “Are you sure you don’t want me to tag along? Or Seulgi? You know you can use our perfectly good skills for your videos and cameras. We aren’t one of the best for nothing.Well, of course nothing beats her. ” She smiled but not without shaking her head, “I’ll be fine. I’ll drop you messages every hour.” She answered with finality and determination evident in the way she spoke as she rose on her feet to which her best friend mirrored. A hug exchanged along with a couple, read: tons of reminders. “You’re the best, all of you really” a soft smile, a nudge on the side, “and you’re perfect.”


 

The drive is short, it’s been long since she sat behind the wheels. (She drove three days ago) She arrived at her destination, set up her camping equipment with ease. She sat on a chair and pulled out one of the cameras in her bags and just like a routine, like how she did this morning she breathed deeply, eyes closed. A click. A quick glide of the camera from left to right. She starts documenting everything she does, from lighting the fire to preparing her food. Of course she did not forget the stories in between as to why this specific brand of chocolate milk became part of her life (she introduced it to her), or why is this part of the meat is best for camping (she said it’s easier to handle), or how did she learn to love a redier, spicier tteokbokki with lots of cabbages (she used to hate the cabbage, but she made her love it). Everything is going well, better than she expected. She snaps a couple of pictures to send to her friends along with the hashtag she’s got accustomed to albeit a strong protest comes everytime from her friends, (#ProofOfLife) She chuckles, has she been living? She asked herself, putting down her phone on the table and a box caught her attention, right. I forgot the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter