'Helpless'

Tomorrow

She sat there. She sat there, staring at the bricked wall and listening to the footsteps that echoed on the lonely hallway. She gripped the side of the stone made bench and hold it like there were no tomorrow.

 

She ignored the dark figure appeared from the corner of her eyes. She pretended it wasn’t there –But it was there, staring at her.

 

“I’m sorry.” It said, scattering the silent air, which had been her companion. “I didn’t mean to do it.” It continued.

 

She snapped at the black figure. There he was, leaning on the wall, crossed arms and staring at the damp floor of the earth guiltily. She smirked and glared at him as if, he was her prime enemy.

 

“She’s gone.” she said numbly.

 

He looked up at her but didn’t reply her at all.

 

“Then save your apology for someone else.” She said and turned back to the façade. “Humans…” she thought.

 

“They said they were sorry. But in fact, they didn’t mean it. It is easy for their tongue to say it. To be polite… they said.” She chuckled. “Humans, are the reason we extinct. They killed us, they betrayed us, and they never kept their promises. Never…”

 

He didn’t say anything to reply her or even tried to say a word.

 

“She loves you more than anything in this world. She was happy that she found you. She. Would trade her life just to be with you…” she said with a mixed of anger and sadness.

 

“Are you satisfied now?” she asked. The sound of stone cracking can be heard clearly. She was gripping the side to hard, that she able to fault it. She closed her eyes as she relaxed her hands.

 

“I’m not.” he finally spoke up. He stared at her in rage. “Not until I’m finish with you.” he said as he quickly grabbed her by her hair and knocked her head on the hard wall.

 

She didn’t scream in pain or even tried to defend herself. She only smiled sarcastically. “You never had enough. One after another…” she hissed.

 

He pulled her to the floor and kicked her abdomen. She didn’t budge from the damp floor and lay there helplessly– at least she pretended to be one.

 

“Bloodsucker like you, should extinct long time ago! Way before we make the truce that we never wanted to obey!” He shouted as he kicked her with all his heart. He knew it was a waste to do so as creatures like her is numb.

 

She stared at her abuser with sincere eyes. She clutched his leg and effortlessly hauled him to the ground. Snap sounds were produced as soon as he kissed the earth.

 

He yelped in pain as he tried to stand back on his feet. The bones of his leg were fracture by her strong grip and he dislocated his shoulder when he was knocked down. Before he got back up, she grasped his neck causing him to choke.

 

“You human are weak. You were scared that we will take over this civilized place of yours and tear it down. That’s why we made the truce although we knew it well that you human will never follow It.” she snarled and pushed him on the wall.

 

She got up from the floor and dusted of the dirt of her ‘well-human made’ red cloak. “I can kill you right away but I didn’t. It’s not your time yet. Goodbye.” She then started to walk away.

 

He watched her leave as he took out a sharp gold knife from his pocket. He targeted at her but before he even had a chance to launch it, she sharply twirled around.

 

‘We can read minds.’ She said in his thought.

 

She shook her head, annoyed. “Go ahead, do it!” She ordered as she quickly approached him. She kneed in front of him and grabbed the hand that was holding the knives.

 

She made him pushed it into her heart.  A piercing scream was aired. She shrieked pain as the sharp knife was burning her inside. The pain that she never had experienced before. Her dark lenses immediately turned red as her veins started to appear on her flawless skin. She gasped for air that she never needs before and tried to endure the pain as it slowly killed her.

 

He stared at her without any sense of sympathy. He let go off the knife and lit a victory smile on his handsome face. He got up from the ground and slowly moved away from the scene.

 

“I killed your daughter for the fun of it and I didn’t regret it at all.” He gave a last look before disappearing.

 

She only lay on the ground helplessly. She stared at the dark ceiling as tears were flowing out of her. ‘I rather die, than live for another century without my daughter.’ She thought with a glint of happiness.

 

“Thank you so much.” She said as she waited to die. Slow death that will end her century old life. Slow death that will bring her to her daughter.

 

It was true, there is no tomorrow…